Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 19:17   #466

I've been offered the same Tata Aig Pearl Plan from Linkway Honda in Mumbai. They say that this is a tie-up only between them and Tata (its confusing why Tata would not extend it to all dealers)

Some highlights that they marketed - 100% coverage for parts and labour, 0% depreciation in case of damage (Dealer's quote "100% coverage even if your bumper is scratched"); Coverage for any contents in the car lost due to theft. Further said that there is no other insurance company who offers the same
Old 5th October 2009, 20:50   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by parikshat View Post
I've been offered the same Tata Aig Pearl Plan from Linkway Honda in Mumbai. They say that this is a tie-up only between them and Tata (its confusing why Tata would not extend it to all dealers)

Some highlights that they marketed - 100% coverage for parts and labour, 0% depreciation in case of damage (Dealer's quote "100% coverage even if your bumper is scratched"); Coverage for any contents in the car lost due to theft. Further said that there is no other insurance company who offers the same
Parikshat thats a story even I heard when I spoke to another branch of Linkway (autobahn) they told me that only the auto hangar group has a "special" tie up with Tata AIG
When I went shopping for insurance, I spoke to a number of brokers and I learnt that this plan is available from TATA AIG any customer
Now the other players in the insurance space are following suit - I heard that even bajaj allianz is offering such a plan
So I dont think you should buy thier story
Call up the insurance companies yourself and speak to them for more clarity..atleast thats what I did
Old 6th October 2009, 08:31   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parikshat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1973 View Post
Parikshat thats a story even I heard when I spoke to another branch of Linkway (autobahn) they told me that only the auto hangar group has a "special" tie up with Tata AIG
When I went shopping for insurance, I spoke to a number of brokers and I learnt that this plan is available from TATA AIG any customer
Now the other players in the insurance space are following suit - I heard that even bajaj allianz is offering such a plan
So I dont think you should buy thier story
Call up the insurance companies yourself and speak to them for more clarity..atleast thats what I did
As far as I know there are three insurance company currently offering this type of plan: -

1. Tata Aig
2. Cholamandalam
3. Bajaj
Old 6th October 2009, 12:18   #469
Senior - BHPian

People do ask me that “Why I am so negative for Icici and Reliance general insurance company?” “Do I have any personal fight with them?”

On this thread I would like to clarify one thing very clearly that I don’t have any personal fight with them but I have had some bitter (or may be strange) experience with them let me tell you two of them.

One of the claim’s manger of Icici had been to my office, as he wanted me to join Icici Lombard for general insurance business. As I was asking him that “how is your claim’s working in the market?” he told me very clearly that “We have been told from the management that even if the claim’s are payable you have to reject every 10th claim which comes for payment!!!” as “Not all the client will fight for the claim’s and will go to consumer court for the payment of their claim.” Then I asked him “Why do you do that? What is the purpose of doing this to client? Will you not spoil your name in the market?” this reply was really shocking to me, he told me “Rupesh bhai Indian market me log sirf rate dekhte hai aur kuch nahi, we give the best (lowest) quotes and we take the business from market and even if our name is spoiled in the market we are not worried as all the news paper’s and T.V. media is take care by our subsidiary company.”

Guys, I wish I could have recorded that meeting; I would have gone to IRDA and cancel the license of doing the business of insurance in India for six years.

Second incident was with Reliance their health claim’s manger was with me and I ask him that you have stated the product of Rs. 1,00,000/- health insurance at the cost of Rs. 999/- (or may be Rs. 900/-) What happened to the renewal of that product?

They charged Rs. 1100/- on the renewal and on the third year they charged Rs. 1300/- where as the industry stranded rate is Rs. 1050/- to Rs. 1200/- only. He told me that this is our company policy to charge very low at the beginning and then slowly and gradually go on charging high to a client where in customer dose not have any options but to continue doing business with us only. We did the same thing in Reliance India mobile, we started it with Rs. 500/- same we did it in reliance power supply.

Company which has this kind of strategy of fooling the customer, cannot survive long term in the market. I know I am a small man telling that reliance will not survive in the market for long time but I am sure that I will not do any business with a company like this.

Let me clarify one thing, I know this a public forum where in I am not suppose to attack someone like this, but at the same time giving true advice is my business and this post has nothing to fight but has only one thing which is TRUTH.

Mod: - If you find that this is wrong you can delete this post, I don’t mind.
Old 6th October 2009, 16:00   #470
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Glad you mentioned these experiences. The post should most certainly not be deleted. But I'm not surprised. I'v had my experience with Reliance Mobile, and can get an inkling to how they might function. Both ICICI and Reliance (ADA Group at least) seem to have the worst reputation, at least amongst those who bother to be in the know.

Quote:
reply was really shocking to me, he told me “Rupesh bhai Indian market me log sirf rate dekhte hai aur kuch nahi, we give the best (lowest) quotes and we take the business from market and even if our name is spoiled in the market we are not worried as all the news paper’s and T.V. media is take care by our subsidiary company.”
This is so true. Recently, as I needed to get my bikes insured, I did a li'l research from my friends/colleagues. But not a single person seemed to take insurance with any seriousness. Low rates seem to be the only interesting point for most of them; besides beliefs like PSU companies are safer and more reliable. All other issues are secondary. One of my friends who is insured with Reliance. When I mentioned that the company is amongst the least trustworthy, he casually said: "who cares! Will see if the need arises. It isn't worth bothering about such small things in life". With this kind of customer attitude, these crafty strategies of companies like ICICI and ADA Reliance group will definitely work, as bulk of customers will fall for them.

Last edited by Raccoon : 6th October 2009 at 16:02.
Old 8th October 2009, 11:53   #471
Senior - BHPian

Claim's not payable.

Dear All,

All Bajaj's motor insurance policy has a new rule:-

Any policy issued with a No Claim Bonus wrongly given, will be rejected and will not be approved as non-standard claim without any devaition.
w.e.f. 5th October, 2009.
Old 8th October 2009, 12:34   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Dear All,

All Bajaj's motor insurance policy has a new rule:-

Any policy issued with a No Claim Bonus wrongly given, will be rejected and will not be approved as non-standard claim without any devaition.
w.e.f. 5th October, 2009.
Hello Vora,

This is nothing new. May be Bajaj is now higlighting this. All insurance policies - motor and non motor - have this as a condition in the contract of insurance.

If you reacall my post on the NCB thread, I had stated that giving wrong NCB details when a new policy is incepted tantamounts to a "breach of utmost goodfaith" one of the cardinal principles of any contract of insurance.

When this happens the contract is null and void and insurer is well with in their legal rights to reject the claims summarily and chances of a redressal from any forum would be rather remote.

Good you have high lighted this so that the bros here would be aware of this and would refrain from any such suggestions from any one.

Best Regards and Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 8th October 2009, 15:47   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
"breach of utmost goodfaith"
You are Right!!! Just last month one of this case had happened with one of my client and bajaj had settled a claim just 10% less then the correct claim amount. Till now they were settling the claim but from now on they will not.
Old 8th October 2009, 16:07   #474
BHPian

Thanks to this forum, I have prevailed upon my earlier car insurer ICICI Lombard to give me the No claim Bonus Certificate ( it was sent by email) after much calling up. It took them almost 6 months to send me this. My NCB says that the certificate is valid for a period of 2 months with the date stamp on June 2009. Actually I got the certificate only last week.

Can I still use this NCB to lower my Car insurance premium for my present car which comes up for renewal in december ?

I have accumulated for 3 years (30 %).
Old 8th October 2009, 16:22   #475
BHPian

Hi am planning to make a purchase from a dealer who has only cashless facility with following:
Oriental,
Future Genral,
United India,
ICICI lombard,

Personally I am not very much interested in Oriental, I do have oriental but have been calling them for two days for a small mistake in my renewal from there end all there numbers are always busy and my agent is not picking up the phone.
Which one should be my choice?
Old 8th October 2009, 16:29   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Can I still use this NCB to lower my Car insurance premium for my present car which comes up for renewal in december ?

Yes you can use it, as NCB Certificate is valid for 2-3 years from the date of issue. Hope they have send it to you by e-mail as a printable attachement (like a pdf or tif file )

Best Regards and Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 8th October 2009, 16:33   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
You are Right!!! Just last month one of this case had happened with one of my client and bajaj had settled a claim just 10% less then the correct claim amount. Till now they were settling the claim but from now on they will not.
Vora,

Again inspite of what they say, I am sure they will exercise their discreationary power where they would not allow a genuine innocent customer to suffer (I hope)

Best Regards Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 8th October 2009, 19:36   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Hi am planning to make a purchase from a dealer who has only cashless facility with following:
Oriental,
Future Genral,
United India,
ICICI lombard,

Personally I am not very much interested in Oriental, I do have oriental but have been calling them for two days for a small mistake in my renewal from there end all there numbers are always busy and my agent is not picking up the phone.
Unless you get better advice from someone with personal experience, If I were you, I'd most likely go with Future Generali. From your list, 2 are PSUs, ICICI has a bad name (as I'm sure you might have read). That leaves out FG.

Personally, I only have experience with Oriental in the past (but no experience with claims).

Last edited by Raccoon : 8th October 2009 at 19:37.
Old 9th October 2009, 09:13   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Thanks to this forum, I have prevailed upon my earlier car insurer ICICI Lombard to give me the No claim Bonus Certificate ( it was sent by email) after much calling up. It took them almost 6 months to send me this. My NCB says that the certificate is valid for a period of 2 months with the date stamp on June 2009. Actually I got the certificate only last week.

I think there is something wrong with the figure which you have given it should be 25% and not 30%. First year 0% then 20% then 25% and then 35% NCB certificate is valid for 3 year's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Oriental,
Future Genral,
United India,
ICICI lombard,

Only option left is Future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Vora,

Again inspite of what they say, I am sure they will exercise their discreationary power where they would not allow a genuine innocent customer to suffer (I hope)

Best Regards Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Brother Ram,

Since they have issued a letter I can say that they will not use their special powers. At the same time, we also need to understand that if some one has given wrong declaration then he has to be penalize for the same otherwise people will misuse the concept of NCB.

Thank you for your valuable inputs on this thread.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:07   #480
BHPian

Thanks r_nairtvm for clearing this up.

rjvora_2000 - Actually my NCB comes to 35 %. Good na ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks