Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 14:01   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
You should claim, as you will not be saving the premium of Rs. 15,000/-
Claim after renewal.
Thank you for the response. And can you tell me why you suggest to claim after renewal? and why not before? If I claim before renewal by how much will be my next premium increase? Bajaj qouted me 3200 for renewal without claim.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:37   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellster View Post
Thank you for the response. And can you tell me why you suggest to claim after renewal? and why not before? If I claim before renewal by how much will be my next premium increase? Bajaj qouted me 3200 for renewal without claim.
I think your premium has NCB + Discount, Both of this will go if you claim right now.
Old 30th October 2009, 18:05   #558
BHPian

Quote:
I think your premium has NCB + Discount, Both of this will go if you claim right now.
Leaving aside NCB and discount, will there be increase in premium if there is a claim?
Old 31st October 2009, 08:39   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Leaving aside NCB and discount, will there be increase in premium if there is a claim?
No.

There are only two thing other then car value because of which premium comes down. If you are making claim every year since you have bought the car still your premium will come down because of depreciation.

There is noting like lording of premium in the market today for motor insurance.

Once we make claim the NCB will go to 0%. Other discount is on insurance company if you bargain good then you might get it.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:41   #560
Senior - BHPian

I may be getting the Delivery of our Mahindra Xylo E8(ABS) tomorrow since there is Bank holiday today so cannot draw the DD of balance amount.
I am getting the Insurance and Registration done myself.
My query is--
Mahindra Xylo comes with Factory-fitted Engine Immobiliser on all variants.
On Policy-Bazaar I have seen that if the vehicle is equipped with ARAI certified Anti-Theft Device, the Insurance Premium gets reduced by around Rs.350/-.
How to convince the Insurance Co. Agent that Xylo comes with ARAI Certified Anti-Theft Device (since it is Factory-Fitted) to get Discount on the Premium?
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:01   #561
Senior - BHPian

[quote=rjvora_2000;1555577]Body + Bumper + Tail light (I think) How much is the quote for repair you have received?

That is important.

Quote for repair is around 5K, decided to claim insurance because in last two months I was involved in 2 accidents 1st - an auto guy hit my front bumper and this one. Both the occasion mistake was theirs and I do not know how many more idiots goin to bang!!!!!:-))))).
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:12   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
How to convince the Insurance Co. Agent that Xylo comes with ARAI Certified Anti-Theft Device (since it is Factory-Fitted) to get Discount on the Premium?
Since, it comes as OEM- insurance company will agree. Just attach a copy of user manual/tech specs/brochure of your car which mentions this functionality. That is how I convinced NATMAR, ~7 years ago for my wagon-r.

-BJ
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:29   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I may be getting the Delivery of our Mahindra Xylo E8(ABS) tomorrow since there is Bank holiday today so cannot draw the DD of balance amount.
I am getting the Insurance and Registration done myself.
My query is--
Mahindra Xylo comes with Factory-fitted Engine Immobiliser on all variants.
On Policy-Bazaar I have seen that if the vehicle is equipped with ARAI certified Anti-Theft Device, the Insurance Premium gets reduced by around Rs.350/-.
We crossed 500 Replies.

User manual is the best document I think. you can tell them to check there records also.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:36   #564
BHPian

My car insurance of car getting over on 13 Nov. Want to renew it. There are no claims, what would be options & premiums for renewal of my insurance. My car is i10 sports Kappa, driven around 15000 Kms.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:39   #565
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Latheesh;1560794]
Quote:
Body + Bumper + Tail light (I think) How much is the quote for repair you have received?

That is important.

Quote for repair is around 5K, decided to claim insurance because in last two months I was involved in 2 accidents 1st - an auto guy hit my front bumper and this one. Both the occasion mistake was theirs and I do not know how many more idiots goin to bang!!!!!:-))))).
If the claim amount is less then I don't advice to claim as you should save money on insurance premium.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:42   #566
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Sir ji, one question!

i have a month old getz crdi, the insurance is from Reliance. Now lastnight i noticed a crack in the windshield. The cost to replace one is 6-7K. I also have a santro which i will be selling very soon. The NCB on the santro is 50%. I haven't transfered the NCB on the getz yet. But i was planning to do it next year. Now with the getz windshield cracked , i wanted to know if i claim insurance then next year NCB from santro will get nullified ? or it will still be valid to be transfer on to getz ?
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:58   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
My car insurance of car getting over on 13 Nov. Want to renew it. There are no claims, what would be options & premiums for renewal of my insurance. My car is i10 sports Kappa, driven around 15000 Kms.
Sirji Please give more details like what is the IDV, NCB last year?, current year quote which is received from company? how many company did you have asked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Sir ji, one question!

i have a month old getz crdi, the insurance is from Reliance. Now lastnight i noticed a crack in the windshield. The cost to replace one is 6-7K. I also have a santro which i will be selling very soon. The NCB on the santro is 50%. I haven't transfered the NCB on the getz yet. But i was planning to do it next year. Now with the getz windshield cracked , i wanted to know if i claim insurance then next year NCB from santro will get nullified ? or it will still be valid to be transfer on to getz ?
Tricky question!!

You can claim in the current policy and then on next renewal give the Ncb letter of 50% which you will be getting on the sale of Santro from insurance company. So your current claim will be paid from insurer and next year you will get 50% discount in the premium also!!!

This is the logical answer which needs to be rechecked from insurance company also.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 2nd November 2009 at 13:00.
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:16   #568
BHPian

Thanks Rupesh. I understand NCB and discount now. Another trick question.
My insurance expires on 14th Nov and my current premium is 3500 and if I renew my insurance without any claim it is 3200 premium. Question is, if I renew at 3200 lets say tomorrow, and after that I want to claim my insurance before 14th nov, then

1. Will the insurance be claimed in the current policy?
2. Do I have to pay anything extra in for the renewed policy which I have already taken?
3. Will i get less compensation for the damage claim by as much as the NCB that was given to me in the new policy?
Old 3rd November 2009, 08:42   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellster View Post
1. Will the insurance be claimed in the current policy?
2. Do I have to pay anything extra in for the renewed policy which I have already taken?
3. Will i get less compensation for the damage claim by as much as the NCB that was given to me in the new policy?
Since you will be claiming in the current year, that is before the due date.
1. Claim will be in the current policy.
2. Yes you need to pay the Ncb amount.
3. While making payment, insurance company can deduct the Ncb amount.

I think if you search few pages behind you will see some post on this issue that some sales guy from insurance company had cheated like this to insured and after 2 or 3 year's that guy had to pay all the ncb together.
Old 4th November 2009, 13:58   #570
BHPian

Hi Rupesh,
I just bought a used 2002 Palio in mumbai and the car is currently registered in Pune. The owner had not renewed his Royal Sundaram insurance and the car currently has no cover. Since a NOC is required to transfer the car in the Mumbai RTO, it will take 15 to 20 days to get the RC book stampped and transferred in my name.

In the meantime I would like to get TP or Comp insurance in my name so I can drive the car. Would I be able to do this? If not, what are my option.

Thanks!
V

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks