Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 15:55   #616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Need some help here. I have booked a Ritz Zxi and dealer is quoting 139xx/- for insurance from Maruti Insurance (Royal Sundaram actually). Bajaj allianz is quoting 115xx/- on policybazar.com

Should I get the insurance from outside? How do I find out what all things are covered in insurance? Dealer says, you won't get cashless service if you take insurance from outside.
You should get your insurance from out side and get more better deal as the premium on policy bazar is also HIGH. Tell your dealer you will not buy car from him if he doesn't allow to buy an insurance from outside or if he doesn't give you cashless.
Old 16th November 2009, 16:26   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
You should get your insurance from out side and get more better deal as the premium on policy bazar is also HIGH. Tell your dealer you will not buy car from him if he doesn't allow to buy an insurance from outside or if he doesn't give you cashless.
Thanks for the reply. Dealer is actually not forcing me to take the insurance from him, he is just trying to convince me to go with his insurance by telling me that in case of claim, it will be much easier process.

What do you think is the right premium for Ritz Zxi? Ex-showroom price in Bangalore is 4.8L.
Old 16th November 2009, 16:33   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Thanks for the reply. Dealer is actually not forcing me to take the insurance from him, he is just trying to convince me to go with his insurance by telling me that in case of claim, it will be much easier process.

What do you think is the right premium for Ritz Zxi? Ex-showroom price in Bangalore is 4.8L.
It is difficult to give you the quote on only IDV but just to tell you that how much % of discount they are offering is important. With new car you will get 40% discount easily.
Old 16th November 2009, 17:04   #619

Renewal with Bajaj Allianz

Dear All,

I just finalized my 2nd year insurance renewal for my Palio Stile. IDV-3,00,000 and premium Rs.6993 with No NCB, i had claim last year. This is comparatively the best quote i got from any other insurance. I have paid Rs.10860 as premium 1st year (when i purchased the car) from Royal Sundaram.

Thanks everyone for giving guidance to get a quote from Bajaj Allianz.

Jossy
Old 17th November 2009, 09:19   #620
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rupesh, this doubt is about extended warranty - I'm not sure if it falls in your domain, but I'm asking you since its offered by new india assurance.

I took my car to my local TASC with issues which were diagnosed as due to a faulty fuel pump/FICD. Now both these are covered under the extended warranty terms

Thing is, I gave the car yesterday, and I was told that they had to raise an extended warranty claim, and that they would not begin work until the warranty claim was approved.

I just want to know if this is the regular procedure, and if possible, how long it takes to receive authorization, and if possible, on what criteria this decision is made.

Last edited by greenhorn : 17th November 2009 at 09:21.
Old 17th November 2009, 09:53   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Hey Rupesh, this doubt is about extended warranty - I'm not sure if it falls in your domain, but I'm asking you since its offered by new india assurance.

I took my car to my local TASC with issues which were diagnosed as due to a faulty fuel pump/FICD. Now both these are covered under the extended warranty terms

Thing is, I gave the car yesterday, and I was told that they had to raise an extended warranty claim, and that they would not begin work until the warranty claim was approved.

I just want to know if this is the regular procedure, and if possible, how long it takes to receive authorization, and if possible, on what criteria this decision is made.
Frankly telling I have some knowledge on insurance but as far as warranty and car is concern I don't have much knowledge. I request anyone else to reply this query.

As far as insurance is concern only accidents are payable.
Old 17th November 2009, 17:09   #622
BHPian

Folks, can somebody PM me contact no of any good insurance agent of Bajaj Allianz (or other good Insurance company) in Bangalore? I need to get new policy for my yet-to-arrive Ritz Zxi.

I have filed online request and have called them on the toll-free number to no avail. Thanks in advance.
Old 17th November 2009, 17:18   #623
BHPian

When i purchased a pre owned car the insurance(Bajaj Allianz) company in order to change the Name in the Insurance Policy they asked me to pay the NCB amount given to the previous owner

The IDV of the car is Rs 227358 2002 Model OHC 1.3 .

It was around Rs . 1800

I was forced to pay this because it was a Total Cover Insurance and the validity of the insurance was there for another 10 month .
Is this something Nominal or did they cheated me ?
Old 17th November 2009, 17:31   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
When i purchased a pre owned car the insurance(Bajaj Allianz) company in order to change the Name in the Insurance Policy they asked me to pay the NCB amount given to the previous owner

The IDV of the car is Rs 227358 2002 Model OHC 1.3 .

It was around Rs . 1800

I was forced to pay this because it was a Total Cover Insurance and the validity of the insurance was there for another 10 month .
Is this something Nominal or did they cheated me ?
No sirji this is not a cheating business, but a truth. You have to pay the NCB amount.
Old 20th November 2009, 09:51   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi
Hi Rupesh,
As you told me long back, that the Transit Insurance during Transport of Vehicle from Manufacturer to Dealer has to borne by Dealer and the Dealer cannot charge the Customer for this.
But the Mahindra Dealer charged me for this. Also he told me that the Transport charges are also charged to the customer.
The Sales Manager said "The Transport Charges and Transit Insurance Charges are borne by Customer and the Dealership will not bear any such charges. Why should the Dealer pay for Transport and Transit Insurance when he has brought the vehicle by Transport for Customer?
Can you please tell me how to get the money of Transport and Transit Insurance back from the Dealer?
Sirji I think there is some problem in what I have told you and what you have understood out of the discussion.

The payment what you have to pay to the dealer is the Ex-showroom price of the car.

I think you have give my cell no. to that dealer, as he had called me yesterday and talk to me. He told me that he has not specified in the invoice that what will be the transport cost and transport insurance, he has written only the Ex-showroom price which you have to pay.

In this case you have to pay the Ex-showroom price of the car.
Old 20th November 2009, 10:14   #626
BHPian

Folks

I own a 2005 Tata Indica Diesel.

The car has body damage due the regular mumbai road habits i.e. partially broken rear lights, scratches, dings and dents at several places and dislodged front bumper. All this is due to cars, bikes, buses and parking accidents over a couple of years while I was abroad on a job assignment.

Since I was not in India, my folks could not get much done but keep it in working condition.

Now I plan to claim insurance and have the body damage repaired. How should I approach the insurance such that most of it gets claimed under insurance. I dont have any FIRs, plate numbers or anything to legally prove the damages over the years.
Old 20th November 2009, 11:53   #627
Senior - BHPian

^^^ You will have to make "per incidence" claims. For eg. if you have dents on one side, you can claim that a 2 wheeler hit you on that side. That would be one claim and you have to cough up the claim amount of about Rs. 500 per claim. Plus there are limits to the number of claims you can make... which AFAIK is 2 at a time.

If your service center is good, they should help you with this stuff. You don't need any FIRs, etc.
Old 20th November 2009, 16:47   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarenes View Post
Folks

I own a 2005 Tata Indica Diesel.

The car has body damage due the regular mumbai road habits i.e. partially broken rear lights, scratches, dings and dents at several places and dislodged front bumper. All this is due to cars, bikes, buses and parking accidents over a couple of years while I was abroad on a job assignment.

Since I was not in India, my folks could not get much done but keep it in working condition.

Now I plan to claim insurance and have the body damage repaired. How should I approach the insurance such that most of it gets claimed under insurance. I dont have any FIRs, plate numbers or anything to legally prove the damages over the years.
You could have got all the claims paid, if you had claimed it every time when there was a loss. Now you can't get what you want from insurance. You can claim any no. of times in insurance and your claim will be payable every time.
Old 22nd November 2009, 19:39   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Sirji I think there is some problem in what I have told you and what you have understood out of the discussion.

The payment what you have to pay to the dealer is the Ex-showroom price of the car.

I think you have give my cell no. to that dealer, as he had called me yesterday and talk to me. He told me that he has not specified in the invoice that what will be the transport cost and transport insurance, he has written only the Ex-showroom price which you have to pay.

In this case you have to pay the Ex-showroom price of the car.
The Mahindra Xylo's Website specifies that the Ex-Showroom Price of Xylo E8 (ABS) is Rs.7,96,060/-.
:: Welcome to Mahindra Xylo co.in ::

The Sales Manager says "Sir, that price is Ex-Plant, Nasik. You have to pay Rs.3880/- as Transport and Transit Insurance Charges. But these charges will not be separately mentioned in the Invoice. You will get Invoice of Rs.7,99,940/- and you will have to pay this amount no matter what the Website Says".
Now what will be your answer to this query? How can the Sales Manager say that its Ex-Plant, Nasik Price despite the Website specifying clearly that its Ex-Showroom Price, Solapur?
Also the website mentions that the Prices are applicable within the specified city limits only. That means he should not have charged me extra for Octroi as well (I live in Municipal Corporation Limit).
At the time of Booking, the Sales Executive had told me that the Octroi is included in the Ex-Showroom Price. But now he too is denying it.

Is there any way to claim the Additional money paid?
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:05   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
The Mahindra Xylo's Website specifies that the Ex-Showroom Price of Xylo E8 (ABS) is Rs.7,96,060/-.
:: Welcome to Mahindra Xylo co.in ::

The Sales Manager says "Sir, that price is Ex-Plant, Nasik. You have to pay Rs.3880/- as Transport and Transit Insurance Charges. But these charges will not be separately mentioned in the Invoice. You will get Invoice of Rs.7,99,940/- and you will have to pay this amount no matter what the Website Says".
Now what will be your answer to this query? How can the Sales Manager say that its Ex-Plant, Nasik Price despite the Website specifying clearly that its Ex-Showroom Price, Solapur?
Also the website mentions that the Prices are applicable within the specified city limits only. That means he should not have charged me extra for Octroi as well (I live in Municipal Corporation Limit).
At the time of Booking, the Sales Executive had told me that the Octroi is included in the Ex-Showroom Price. But now he too is denying it.

Is there any way to claim the Additional money paid?
You need to complain this to Mahindra and Mahindra and tell them that if your website is saying one amount then how can a authorized dealer can charge anything extra.

I my self is seeing this thing for the first time.

Normally Octroi has to be paid by us and that amount has to be over and above the ex-showroom price but do you have anything in writing where in he has told you that octroi in included in the ex-showroom price?

Most Viewed