Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 09:18   #646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar View Post
My Insurance on i10 Era is getting over in December and I need to renew the same. The current one is HDFC Ergo. I have made no claims with them so I do not know who they would react or provide service if I need them. Can you tell me which Insurance companies are good and provide cashless service? Is it good to renew the policy with HDFC ERGO or someone who is better. Please suggest me choice with your rankings.

takecare and drive safely
If you are happy with HDFC stay there or you can go to Bajaj as they are the best in the business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy6980 View Post
Hi,

I have a sierra. Which is almost 15 years old.
Should i take the third party insurance for this or a normal insurance.
What will be the cost of third party insurance and which insurance company.

Should the vehicle be shown to the insurance company when taking a third party insurance(vehicle is in home town and i am taking the insurance in Bangalore).

thanks,
Vamsi
If there is no break in insurance then TP can be taken without survey also and go for TP only since the car is 15 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
But why does the Dealer's Sales Manager saying different thing and Area Sales Manager different thing?
Sirji I told you that India is great this can happen in India.
Old 26th November 2009, 21:56   #647
Senior - BHPian

Does it matter how many claims are made in a year ?

I mean if you make just 1 or 10 claims the NCB is gone anyways , and the next year premium would be regardless of the number of claims made in the previous year - correct ?
Old 26th November 2009, 23:18   #648
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Thats right. And you'd need to shell out Rs. 500 per claim.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:39   #649
BHPian

Help Required on finalizing the insurance of new vehicle.

I have booked Manza Diesel Aura ABS in Bangalore from Prerana Motors.
I have bit of confusion on Insurance for the new car.
Following are the premium Quotes by different companies.
Inhouse Insurance team from Prerana is Rs.19,646
Reliance General insurance through carconnect india Rs.12,772
ICICI Lambord is Rs.17,692

It is clear that i will be saving around Rs.6800 if i go with Reliance through carconnect india.Is there any issues if i take insurance through sites like carconnect india instead of directly going to Reliance.

Also please suggest the points to be noted while finalizing the insurance provider.
Old 1st December 2009, 15:58   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
I have booked Manza Diesel Aura ABS in Bangalore from Prerana Motors.
I have bit of confusion on Insurance for the new car.
Following are the premium Quotes by different companies.
Inhouse Insurance team from Prerana is Rs.19,646
Reliance General insurance through carconnect india Rs.12,772
ICICI Lambord is Rs.17,692

It is clear that i will be saving around Rs.6800 if i go with Reliance through carconnect india.Is there any issues if i take insurance through sites like carconnect india instead of directly going to Reliance.

Also please suggest the points to be noted while finalizing the insurance provider.
So called Inhouse insurer will be always very high. Please stay away from Ril and Icici as they are the two pvt. insurer with the best rates and the worst services in case of claim. Please see if Bajaj can offer you something good.

You need to see the IDV which is given by all the insurance company, that's were a lot of premium difference is there of all the companies. Secondly difference is the discount which is given by all the company.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 1st December 2009 at 16:00.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:57   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
So called Inhouse insurer will be always very high. Please stay away from Ril and Icici as they are the two pvt. insurer with the best rates and the worst services in case of claim. Please see if Bajaj can offer you something good.

You need to see the IDV which is given by all the insurance company, that's were a lot of premium difference is there of all the companies. Secondly difference is the discount which is given by all the company.
Thanks rjvora,
Please confirm if i can go ahead with sites like carconnect india for taking insurance as they are asking me to send the premium to thier icici bank account rather than directly to Insurance company.
Also please clarify the more IDV the better right?
Old 1st December 2009, 17:08   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Thanks rjvora,
Please confirm if i can go ahead with sites like carconnect india for taking insurance as they are asking me to send the premium to thier icici bank account rather than directly to Insurance company.
Also please clarify the more IDV the better right?
Since you are buying a brand new car I will advice the best IDV is Showroom price minus (-) 5%.

Why don't you do one thing call insurance company directly and then you can go with them. I personally will not do this carconnect kind of thing's. Insurance company (or there branches or there agent) has to be next door. As in india now every second street has insurance office.
Old 3rd December 2009, 08:06   #653
BHPian

My car insurance expires this month. I am in the USA and will mostly return only in the end of this month or maybe first week of next month.

During this period, my car is sitting idle in my driveway, as no one else in the family drives.

Here are my questions:

1. Is it OK to renew the policy after it expires?
2. Will this affect my NCB?
3. Will the new policy be from date of renewal or from date of expiry of the old policy?

Thanks,

Rajan
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:49   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
1. Is it OK to renew the policy after it expires?
2. Will this affect my NCB?
3. Will the new policy be from date of renewal or from date of expiry of the old policy?
Dear Rajan,

1. If you have no other option to make payment then you can do this otherwise you can give the E-mail ID to insurance company and tell them to mail you the quote and tell someone in the family to make the payment to insurance company.

2. Three month's grease peroid is there if you renew your policy till that time that is also ok, you will still get NCB.

3. Policy can be given only from the day you make the payment if you miss the renewal date.

Old 7th December 2009, 01:28   #655
BHPian

@rjvora_2000,

Hi,

I need your help on this one; I am intending to buy a used car 2005 model which has comprehensive insurance till sep 2010. It has no claim history. Can I get the comprehensive insurance transferred in my name without paying NCB amount? what is the process to be followed? If the seller does not avail of any NCB letter, do I get any advantage in that case?
Old 7th December 2009, 12:24   #656
BHPian

Hi Rock,

No you cannot get the NCB transferred to your name even if the previous owner does not take the NCB letter.

However you can get that policy transferred to your name by paying the NCB amount and nominal transfer fees.

The process is very simple. Just go to the insurance office which has issues the policy. Pay up the NCB amount and the transfer fees. Take the receipt to the concerned person and get the new policy in your name.

Naman
Old 7th December 2009, 13:49   #657
BHPian

Need your advice.

Hi rjvora,

My Insurance for 2008 model Safari is due for renewal on 14th Dec. My current insurance is with Bajaj Allianz and the IDV was 722000.

For the renewal I got a quote as,

IDV : 613000/-
Premium : 13317/-

The premium is inclusive of the below,
1. NCB
2. Third Party Property Damage(TPPD) (Rs 2500)
3. Accident Cover to Owner-Driver (Rs. 100)
4. Liability to Paid drive(Rs.25)
5. Discount (dont know the %)

I need your advice regarding the above quote. Is the IDV is less for a 1year old safari ? Or should I ask for more discount.

Regards,
Sumith
Old 7th December 2009, 17:17   #658
BHPian

Is radiator damage fully covered under insurance or only 50%?
Old 7th December 2009, 18:06   #659
BHPian

I have booked a Tata Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus. The vehicle will be registered at Sindhudurg RTO(MH07), Maharashtra. Ex showroom price is 656261/- The dealer has given me a quote of 19299 of New India Assurance.

I also contacted New India Assurance on my own and they have quoted 15116/-

When I informed the dealer about this, he mentioned that if I take the insurance from outside then they will not help me during insurance claims and I wont be able to use the cashless facility that the dealer provides.

Please let me know if this is really true?

Thanks!
Old 7th December 2009, 20:08   #660
Senior - BHPian

^^^ If your insurer has a cashless tie-up with whichever service center you go to, you can make a cashless claim at that place. As for New India Assurance, I doubt they a cashless facility with anybody, so what your dealer says is partly true. Check out other private insurers who have a tie-up with that and/or other dealers.

Most Viewed