Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 12:05   #721
Senior - BHPian

^^^ IMHO, being ranked third (through OD premium collected, right?) does not automatically mean its a bad idea to take a policy from them. Is there a better reason why you do not recommend them?
Old 18th December 2009, 12:20   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^ IMHO, being ranked third (through OD premium collected, right?) does not automatically mean its a bad idea to take a policy from them. Is there a better reason why you do not recommend them?
If there is a less business of that company that means there no. of Tie-ups for cash less will be less on all India level which is loss to you. Eg. If you are out of station and need any help on claim then if you have a Bharti insurance and if you have a Bajaj insurance policy this will make a difference. I never said that Bharti is bad but what I said was better option is available in the market.

When you have good and big option available to you I don't see any reason why we should opt for small companies?

At the same time we all know that Bajaj is VERY good in claims and we at TBhp don't have much member's who have talked good or bad for Bharti... Right?
Old 18th December 2009, 12:29   #723
Senior - BHPian

You have a point about cash-less claims and stuff (assuming fewer/no tie ups). But generally, I wouldn't mind going in for smaller companies, IF they are more promising. Otherwise, the big will get bigger and the smaller will be pushed out... thats when the big ones start getting mean. That is generally speaking... not Bharati or insurance specific.
Old 18th December 2009, 12:57   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
the big will get bigger and the smaller will be pushed out...
I think this thing will never happen in India as we have such a big market that anything which is coming will stay if they are doing there job correctly.

In India if a (You can use entire dictionary of bad word's here) company like Reliance and Icici are doing business successfully then companies like Tata, Hdfc, Chola, Bharti have got better right to do business as they all are from good background and I hope they are doing there job with truthfulness.
Old 18th December 2009, 13:01   #725
Senior - BHPian

I transferred my car to my Dads name. The transferred insurance note ( from Royal Sundaram ) misspelt the name inspite of me providing the new RC having the correct name.

Then I asked for the NCB certificate. They put the vehicle number of some other vehicle on the certificate. It's now gone back for correction.

Extremely sloppy and careless work by Royal Sundaram.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 18th December 2009 at 13:06.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:52   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I transferred my car to my Dads name. The transferred insurance note ( from Royal Sundaram ) misspelt the name inspite of me providing the new RC having the correct name.

Then I asked for the NCB certificate. They put the vehicle number of some other vehicle on the certificate. It's now gone back for correction.

Extremely sloppy and careless work by Royal Sundaram.
This is called poor IT support from the insurance company. This used to happen in all the PSU companies when they shifted from Manual policy system to Computer generated policy system may be 10 Years or may be 12 Years back.

Today's time this thing happens because of overburden of work.
Old 18th December 2009, 18:17   #727
BHPian

Thank You for the advice rjvora. Also can you please suggest what would be the approximate premium amount and IDV if i opt for Bajaj Allianz. Mine is Jan 2008 model Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi (Petrol) with total mileage of 25k on the ODO. Present IDV is 6.25 lacs.
Old 19th December 2009, 09:16   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Thank You for the advice rjvora. Also can you please suggest what would be the approximate premium amount and IDV if i opt for Bajaj Allianz. Mine is Jan 2008 model Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi (Petrol) with total mileage of 25k on the ODO. Present IDV is 6.25 lacs.
I need to see the last year's policy copy then only I will be in a position to give you quote for the next year.

I normally don't give any one rates or anything but what I can tell you is just compare.
Old 21st December 2009, 18:11   #729
BHPian

Hi there,
I banged the back bumper of my month old punto while reversing against some huge stones which i wasnt able to see. The bumper has torn off from one side and needs a replacement for sure. Now is it okay to get the claim? I havent even got RC yet. Will it be problem? what documents are needed for Delearship to process the claim?
Old 21st December 2009, 20:28   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicspsyche View Post
...banged the back bumper of my month old punto ... Now is it okay to get the claim...
I am guessing, new bumper + painting will cost you about 2-3k or may be max 4k. If you claim insurance, since, bumper is a plastic part you will get only ~50% back from insurance. Moreover, you will loose NCB next year + (probably) additional load on premium due to claim- I am usnure about penalty.

Hence, I suggest, it is better to forgo insurance and foot from pocket. Less hassle.

You may buy the unpainted bumper from the dealer and get it painted outside- it may save you some money, compared to Tata/Fiat ASC.

PS: You may think of investing in a reverse sensor

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 21st December 2009 at 20:34. Reason: paraphrase
Old 22nd December 2009, 01:32   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
I am guessing, new bumper + painting will cost you about 2-3k or may be max 4k. If you claim insurance, since, bumper is a plastic part you will get only ~50% back from insurance. Moreover, you will loose NCB next year + (probably) additional load on premium due to claim- I am usnure about penalty.

Hence, I suggest, it is better to forgo insurance and foot from pocket. Less hassle.

You may buy the unpainted bumper from the dealer and get it painted outside- it may save you some money, compared to Tata/Fiat ASC.

PS: You may think of investing in a reverse sensor

-BJ
You have a point there but will paint quality from outside will be able to match of Fiat? Mine is Red Punto
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:14   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicspsyche View Post
will paint quality from outside will be able to match of Fiat? Mine is Red Punto
Why not? They are humans too. Man that paints a Punto, paints a Nano too

Just find them- ask t-bhpians in Dilli/your area about reliable denting/painting garages. As a bonus, if done outside, this work will not get in your "service history"- useful when you need to sell your car many years down the line.

-BJ
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:29   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Why not? They are humans too. Man that paints a Punto, paints a Nano too

Just find them- ask t-bhpians in Dilli/your area about reliable denting/painting garages. As a bonus, if done outside, this work will not get in your "service history"- useful when you need to sell your car many years down the line.

-BJ
PS, the above is very true. But if you are doing the job outside make sure that the bumper fixing is eaxctly as per the original, least you have any issues with a breached warranty.

The colour code of the paint will be in the identification plate of your car. The codes are internationally standardised now. Get the quantity required as per the painter along with other additieves, from a reliable paint shop yourself, there shouldn't be any issue on colour matching, especially on a brand new car.

All the best

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 22nd December 2009 at 11:30.
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:10   #734
BHPian

My insurance is due on 29-01-2010 and I tried to get a quote from Bajaj Allianz for online renewal. The present one is with New India Assurance. (charged heavily by the dealer when bought last year.) Filled up all the details and finally a message popped up saying that I should try again when the renewal date is within 30 days. @r nairtvm May I know where the identification plate is positioned in Indica Vista?
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:32   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
@r nairtvm May I know where the identification plate is positioned in Indica Vista?
Janitha,

Sorry, unfortunately I am not too familiar with indian cars other than Ambys Padminis, Marutis - generally the old generation (pre 1995 cars) . Hence I can not help you precisely.

Likely it will be inside bonnet/hood. Normally riveted/fixed to the fire-wall/ the seperation between the the engine bay and the passenger compartment.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks