Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 00:03   #751
Senior - BHPian

Can any one guide me how to claim the insurance. I had a bad dent in the door as well as a hole in the C pillar metal plate. Now I have to process so any one can say what should I do tomorrow in MASS.
Old 23rd December 2009, 07:58   #752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Bharati AXA just told me that in case of total loss/theft, the amount they will pay is IDV - 10 to 15% !
No, this is wrong. IDV is the value to be handed over to you in case of Total Loss. No deductions on that. Better stay away from these private insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Can any one guide me how to claim the insurance. I had a bad dent in the door as well as a hole in the C pillar metal plate. Now I have to process so any one can say what should I do tomorrow in MASS.
With whom do you have insurance? If its with Maruti-Royal sundaram, then it would be a breeze. Even then should be no issue. Just ask him the quote. Check what all he replaces and how much insurance is covering. Cross check those in here or with your friends.

Done.
Old 23rd December 2009, 08:49   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bharati AXA just told me that in case of total loss/theft, the amount they will pay is IDV - 10 to 15% !

I asked under what name is this deducted. He said depreciation! This does not make sensel, as the IDV is itself calculated after depreciation.

Do other companies also do this?

The premium quoted (for one of my bikes) is also higher than Bajaj and he wasn't willing to negotiate.
They can't deduct anything from the claim expect the excess.
Bike insurance is no bargain business, some company make a lording in the premium and some don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Please give more details on you claim and post photo's if you have taken them.
Claiming insurance is a simple thing go to that garage who is offering cash less, show them your policy and the damages, they will give you quotation for the repair and the estimate of the total payment which you have to make to them.
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:18   #754
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mjothi,

Thanks for the concern. In fact though I knew I have to tell the insurance company in a panic I missed that to put here. Of course it is Maruti insurance with New India says cashless. Any how I put up the details here in the evening. After you all are here so I am bit relaxed and it happens in the city life.
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:34   #755
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jothi and Voraji,

Thanks for your support. Iam proud of our BHPians giving moral support to the needy members. Now the issue is that the MSM seesm have tie up with Royal Sundaram and the Bajaj or ICICI. Where as though mine is also Maruti insurance It is with New India. I talked to the call center regarding cashless claim. They told to take to MSM and if there are any issues arise they tols me to contact again.
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:43   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
My advice will be not to claim the insurance.
Okay but if i claim my insurance all I'll have to pay is 1K (50% of plastic part, which is 2k) if am not wrong coz paint and labour will be free right? Compared to this saving of 4K what will i loose by claiming insurance? Will they ask me for more money than 4K? If the answer is negative then whats the harm if i claim it?
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:26   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicspsyche View Post
Okay but if i claim my insurance all I'll have to pay is 1K (50% of plastic part, which is 2k) if am not wrong coz paint and labour will be free right? Compared to this saving of 4K what will i loose by claiming insurance? Will they ask me for more money than 4K? If the answer is negative then whats the harm if i claim it?
Mate its Up To You!

You can work out the combinations yourself and decide what is your best option

Your No Claom Bonus will be as follows

(The below one may not be the exact table, but you can use it as an example. Check your policy for the exact NCB applicable or look up athe the No Claim Bonus thread we have in TBHP)

On completion of year : No Claim Bonus Discount
1 : 20%
2 : 25%
3 : 35%
4 : 45%
5 : 50%

If you make a claim next year your premium loading will be inverse of above.

Allow for 15% depreciation on your New value of the vehicle, then calculate your premium and waht you will pay up by way of loading. See which is better and decide.

No one can give you precise advise on this, but only general.

You said your estimate is 5 k. Now you say the part is only 2 K. Is the 3 K for painting one part?

Anyway you can use the above as a thumb rule and try and work the relative saving or otherwise on your own.

In the olden days it did matter to build up a clean driving history with your insurance company by avoiding claiming for minor claims. Not any more I suppose.

All the best mate and once again its up to you to make the final call.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 23rd December 2009 at 15:30.
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:32   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
No, this is wrong. IDV is the value to be handed over to you in case of Total Loss. No deductions on that. Better stay away from these private insurance.
I'll just keep away from Bharati AXA then. But why stay away from all pvt. companies?? I'v heard bad stories of nationalized insurance companies too... along with bad service. I'll most likely go with Bajaj A. Their quote is the lowest.
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:55   #759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicspsyche View Post
If you claim then 50% of plastic parts and + excess you have to pay. (Please see this amount in the policy copy) Paint charge and labor is paid 100% in the claim.

You will loose 20% of the premium which you can get via NCB, if you don't claim.

Quote:
I'll just keep away from Bharati AXA then. But why stay away from all pvt. companies?? I'v heard bad stories of nationalized insurance companies too... along with bad service. I'll most likely go with Bajaj A. Their quote is the lowest.
100% true. Don't compare only by way of lowest quote but rather by a better and honest service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
If you make a claim next year your premium loading will be inverse of above.
There is 0% loading in motor insurance even if you claim. You might not get the discount in the premium if your claim amount is too high but there can not be loading in premium.
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:13   #760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
100% true. Don't compare only by way of lowest quote but rather by a better and honest service.
Yes of course! But with Bajaj, it seems like the best of both. Else would have taken a quote from Reliance and ICICI also.
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:23   #761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reliance and ICICI
Please please please

stay away from this two worst Indian insurers.
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:08   #762
BHPian

Just want to know in case of any accident, if the third party ask for a claim, how does it get solved. Do we pay for it or the insurance. Both parties say its not our mistake and other party is responsible for the accident? What happens in such cases? The case is already in the court.
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:11   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
Just want to know in case of any accident, if the third party ask for a claim, how does it get solved. Do we pay for it or the insurance. Both parties say its not our mistake and other party is responsible for the accident? What happens in such cases? The case is already in the court.
Police case and court can solve this issue. Court will give judgment whose insurance company will make payment to whom.

Please share details...
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:19   #764
Senior - BHPian

Just figures

Highest view (21629+) to this thread under Indian insurance and loans
Highest replies (700+) to this thread under Indian insurance and loans
Highest no. of pages (47+) to this thread under Indian insurance and loans
Highest rating (5 Star) to this thread under Indian insurance and loans

Thank you to all Team bhpians for the support and the feedback given by you guy’s.
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:24   #765
BHPian

I had met with an accident last year. The same was discussed in another thread. The case was pursued by police after a year. I went to the concerend police station and got my self bailed out. In a nutshell:

A bike was hit by my car. I took the lady to the hospital give her some money and went from there. There were no major injury. Also it was bikers fault. May be after I had left they made a police complaint. Now police is pursuing this case after one year. What I want to know is the lady who was injured is now asking for compensation for a huge amount approx. one and half lacs through legal process. My question is what do I have to do in such case. It was not my fault. I have to consult a lawyer also but just a question. What ever compensation court decides who pays me or the insurance company.

Last edited by aryashiv1 : 23rd December 2009 at 17:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks