Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2010, 10:51   #796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
My Indica Vista Aqua (Quadrajet) insurance is due for renewal on 29-01-2010. The vehicle is manufactured in Nov 2009 and registered in Jan 2009. The Bajaj Alliance branch close to my office has quoted an amount of Rs.7868/- for renewal with an IDV of 4 Lakhs. Last time the IDV was 4.2 Lakhs. He said he is giving an NCB of 20% and discount of 40% and that they have cashless facility with dealers of TATA. Plus freebies like car wash etc.

What are the other aspects that I should look into, like the fine prints etc? (Interestingly the previous premium was Rs.16118/- from New India Assurance!)
I think there is a mistake in the dates which you have posted please check the same.

There is nothing wrong, what I can see from this end. Every thing looks to be normal as last year there was a dealer insurance that's only reason of such a high premium.
Old 1st January 2010, 18:25   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I think there is a mistake in the dates which you have posted please check the same.

There is nothing wrong, what I can see from this end. Every thing looks to be normal as last year there was a dealer insurance that's only reason of such a high premium.
Thanks. Yes, there was an error in my post but can't edit. Year of manufacture was 2008!
Old 4th January 2010, 16:05   #798
BHPian

Guys, Need some inputs

My friend Red i10, bought around 3 months back had all its doors scraped by a stone recently , when he attended a marriage in his family. I can easily make it out that it was intentional damage done by a stone at the center of all four doors. Circles dia max will be around 6 inches [ like a spiral ]. Now he wants to go for repainting of all the doors. For 2 doors, we might need tinkering, as the scrape depth is more. Looking at the damage portion, I believe the whole door portion needs to be repainted for all the doors.

Is it better to get it painted at Trident, where he got the car, and claim insurance on the same, Or its worth outside. Outside, he got a quote for around INR 15000. He will be getting a quote from Hyundai Trident this week.

If he goes for Hyundai, how much will the insurance cover for the door painting, including the labour charges ?

Thanks a ton for all your help
Old 4th January 2010, 16:24   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys, Need some inputs

My friend Red i10, bought around 3 months back had all its doors scraped by a stone recently , when he attended a marriage in his family. I can easily make it out that it was intentional damage done by a stone at the center of all four doors. Circles dia max will be around 6 inches [ like a spiral ]. Now he wants to go for repainting of all the doors. For 2 doors, we might need tinkering, as the scrape depth is more. Looking at the damage portion, I believe the whole door portion needs to be repainted for all the doors.

Is it better to get it painted at Trident, where he got the car, and claim insurance on the same, Or its worth outside. Outside, he got a quote for around INR 15000. He will be getting a quote from Hyundai Trident this week.

If he goes for Hyundai, how much will the insurance cover for the door painting, including the labour charges ?

Thanks a ton for all your help
Answering your question first.
100% of labor and paint charge is covered under insurance.

You said all four door's have loss but under insurance only one side door's will be paid from insurance company rest he will have to pay from his pocket.
Old 4th January 2010, 16:37   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Answering your question first.
100% of labor and paint charge is covered under insurance.

You said all four door's have loss but under insurance only one side door's will be paid from insurance company rest he will have to pay from his pocket.
Sirji

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, All the four doors have the damage done intentionally by stone. That can be easily noticed. Can't we claim for all the doors? Just wondering.

If not, then we may have to explore the option outside, working on the numbers part. I was under the impression that all 4 doors can be claimed for a "single" incident like this. I may me wrong, correct me if you can please
Old 4th January 2010, 16:59   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sirji

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, All the four doors have the damage done intentionally by stone. That can be easily noticed. Can't we claim for all the doors? Just wondering.

If not, then we may have to explore the option outside, working on the numbers part. I was under the impression that all 4 doors can be claimed for a "single" incident like this. I may me wrong, correct me if you can please
What Rupesh said is partially correct.

You can claim 4 doors as a single incident if you have lodged a claim with police and their FIR states these damages. Insurance company will have to pay the total cost less the policy excess.

Even with out the report you can claim all four doors from the Insurance, but the insurer may treat this as 2 different claims (one for each side) and you will have to pay the policy excess for each claim.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 4th January 2010 at 17:00.
Old 4th January 2010, 17:00   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sirji

I have my doubt on this one as under insurance it will be difficult to prove, but if you are insisting that the damage is clearly looking to be of one accident then you can give a trial for one claim.

Otherwise you can request a surveyor for process your claim as two claims and you might have to pay Rs. 2000 which is excess (For one claim it is Rs. 1000) and your loss can be settled by that way.
Old 5th January 2010, 03:15   #803
BANNED

Sorry if this query of mine is OFF-TOPIC but if some one could help me it would be great.
I had been for a trip with my family recently in my Santro and one of the tyre got punchered due to insertion of two nails. Since the roads were bad and rough, I couldn't make out the difference in ridding and drove the car a pretty long time with flat tyre. When removed the tyre and checked up the tube and tyre was properly torn and become unusable.

My car has BAJAJ-Allianze insurance, Will the get a claim for this damage on the tyre and tube ? As the damage was inevitable.
Old 5th January 2010, 04:41   #804
BANNED

^^ dude.. you gotta be kidding!!!
Old 5th January 2010, 08:46   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Sorry if this query of mine is OFF-TOPIC but if some one could help me it would be great.
I had been for a trip with my family recently in my Santro and one of the tyre got punchered due to insertion of two nails. Since the roads were bad and rough, I couldn't make out the difference in ridding and drove the car a pretty long time with flat tyre. When removed the tyre and checked up the tube and tyre was properly torn and become unusable.

My car has BAJAJ-Allianze insurance, Will the get a claim for this damage on the tyre and tube ? As the damage was inevitable.
This is not covered under insurance. As this is a wear and tear which is not payable under insurance.
Old 5th January 2010, 09:06   #806
Senior - BHPian

Hi Surjit,

Please understand the basic knowledge of claim. Better once go through the Terms and conditions of your Insurance company given to you along with premium certificate, Inthat booklet it is clearly mentioned the claim items and the percentage of claim you get. Tyre,tube,fan belt and items like wear and tear are not covered under Insurance.
Old 5th January 2010, 09:10   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
You can claim 4 doors as a single incident if you have lodged a claim with police and their FIR states these damages. Insurance company will have to pay the total cost less the policy excess.

Even with out the report you can claim all four doors from the Insurance, but the insurer may treat this as 2 different claims (one for each side) and you will have to pay the policy excess for each claim.
Ram
Ramji

Thanks for your clarification. FIR is not filed. and I doubt if my friend would be interested to do the same, since it was a family marriage incident.

Quote:
I have my doubt on this one as under insurance it will be difficult to prove, but if you are insisting that the damage is clearly looking to be of one accident then you can give a trial for one claim.

Otherwise you can request a surveyor for process your claim as two claims and you might have to pay Rs. 2000 which is excess (For one claim it is Rs. 1000) and your loss can be settled by that way.
Sirji, Will ask my friend to make two claims. Hope it works. BTW, he has Bajaj Allianz Insurance. Hope they clear the same very fast.
Old 5th January 2010, 09:23   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
What Rupesh said is partially correct.

Ram
I have my doubt's on this one. I am not saying impossible but agreeing to police document, will insurance surveyor approve the claim? - I have my doubts.

This I have not seen happening till date.

Quote:
Sirji, Will ask my friend to make two claims. Hope it works. BTW, he has Bajaj Allianz Insurance. Hope they clear the same very fast.
I hope it does. Surveyor needs to be convinced properly and your job is over.
Old 5th January 2010, 11:21   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have my doubt's on this one. I am not saying impossible but agreeing to police document, will insurance surveyor approve the claim? - I have my doubts.

This I have not seen happening till date.

I hope it does. Surveyor needs to be convinced properly and your job is over.
Rupesh,

It has happened in the past (before 1992). So why not now.

From the posts, there is a definitive pattern on the damage. From which the Surveyor can make his own conclusions. All he will need is a supporting document which can be in the form of the FIR.

But now with many of the private players reprtedly having unwritten instructions "to deny all claims in the first instance" in the fond hope people would be discouraged from first denial (there was a John Grisham's novel on Insurance, which elaborated this strategy of insurers - the name just is out of my recall for now), I don't know how these things work these days.

This would essentially be treated as a "malicious damage" claim and not a traffic incident and nothing in the insurance policy prevents it being treated as a single claim.

Ram
Old 5th January 2010, 16:22   #810
Senior - BHPian

help me in insurance selection

Hi ,
I have car policy from ICICI lombard which is due to expire on 2nd feb 2010. I want to change the insurer as I have read enough horror stories about ICICIlombard insurance.
I am confused as to which one to choose.
I am opting for both driver and passenger cover for amount of Rs. 2Lakh.
Now the ICICI Lombard renewal premium after NCB is 7056/-(I guess just the basic cover) and the IDV is 3,47,200/-
After I checked online on www.policybazaar.com , i am getting an IDV 3,80,000/- for the sept 2008 manufactured Ford IKon Flair registered in March 2009 and the premium ranges from 8k to 10k including the TP liability, passenger and driver accident cover, which I feel is on the higher side. I have a quote from Tata-AIG for Rs. 9000 and IDV of 3,42,000. I feel the IDV is less here and premium is on the higher side but they are offering other value added features.
I am attaching the word file for the same.
I also chatted with IFFCO-TOKIO agent online, the details of which is attached in other word file.

What I want !!
I want you people to advise me in choosing the best insurance,which offers me reasonable IDV, should be less than 10K(less the better) and which can be trusted in event of claim.
This is the first renewal of the insurance.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: doc TATA AIG.doc (22.0 KB, 655 views)
File Type: doc iffco-Tokio chat.doc (25.5 KB, 742 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks