Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 14:19   #841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Well, as I mentioned, that is what I was told by the MASS insurance representative. Anyway, which company Maruti insurance are you talking about. Could be other companies are allowing it. And how old is your car?
Agree with Raccoon on this. About a month back when I was trying to renew insurance on my one year old Dzire, Maruti (internally insured with New India) Insurance said they cannot change the IDV or the premium. They were more than happy to provide some additional service coupons but were not ready to decrease premium. Also they flatly declined increasing the IDV. They said it is all in the Maruti system and cant be altered.
I didnt fight much and finally moved to Bajaj Allianz as their rates were very tempting compared to Maruti.
Old 8th January 2010, 16:21   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Agree with Raccoon on this. About a month back when I was trying to renew insurance on my one year old Dzire, Maruti (internally insured with New India) Insurance said they cannot change the IDV or the premium. They were more than happy to provide some additional service coupons but were not ready to decrease premium. Also they flatly declined increasing the IDV. They said it is all in the Maruti system and cant be altered.
I didnt fight much and finally moved to Bajaj Allianz as their rates were very tempting compared to Maruti.
Lack of insurance knowledge is the only reason for doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
Last year to reduce the premium, he completely missed out the IDV part. Infact he never knew the IDV concept till I explained.
After new knowledge, he needs to get the proper value of IDV.
If an agent is telling no them tell him you will give this business to someone else. I am sure he will not loos this business.
Old 8th January 2010, 18:14   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post

I saw the excel sheet how much are you making payment I did not got the amount is it Rs. 53,401.75 ?

Please change the Insurer on next renewal. Any other then Icici and Reliance are good.
Hi, They have not invoiced as of now. It's pre invoice. Just wanted to know how much it should be like. I know it's difficult to answer, but just a guesstimate.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:25   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Thats exactly what I was told - that they cannot change the values of the IDV or the premium in their system. So I just took my business elsewhere (to Bajaj). Bajaj rates were lower than Maruti-Royal Sundaram, but I lost out on 2 service coupons worth Rs. 1000. So its was roughly the same... barring that Bajaj's IDV is a bit higher.

I'd prefer a lower quote minus the coupons... as its a hassle to remember to find and carry them to get them redeemed. Also you are stuck with that MASS only.
Old 9th January 2010, 09:11   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Hi, They have not invoiced as of now. It's pre invoice. Just wanted to know how much it should be like. I know it's difficult to answer, but just a guesstimate.
You can ask the service station guy out of this long list how much surveyor has approved the parts and how much is total payable from your side.

That will be easy for him. Remember you will have to pay 50% of the plastic and rubber parts, 100% of the glass parts and labor is paid by the insurer. Mettle parts are payable according to the age of your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Thats exactly what I was told - that they cannot change the values of the IDV or the premium in their system. So I just took my business elsewhere (to Bajaj). Bajaj rates were lower than Maruti-Royal Sundaram, but I lost out on 2 service coupons worth Rs. 1000. So its was roughly the same... barring that Bajaj's IDV is a bit higher.

I'd prefer a lower quote minus the coupons... as its a hassle to remember to find and carry them to get them redeemed. Also you are stuck with that MASS only.
100% I agree as far as this coupons business is concern. As far as what I know, If they give you more discount in the premium then they don't offer the discount coupons. Only point were premium is high (More then 10K or 15K) there only the real benefit to client comes where they offer both the things together.

The actual cost of car wash is around Rs. 20/- only water and if it is a shampoo wash then the cost is Rs. 30/- to Rs. 35/- rest is the profit.
Old 9th January 2010, 11:33   #846
BHPian

NCB Transfer issue

I am facing a very uncalled for issue at the moment. I recently (13th December '09) sold my old Nov 2003 model Alto to Maruti True value dealer. Now on this car i had a 50% no claim bonus benefit on the insurance done through Maruti insurance itself, which i wanted to get transfered to my new car (Bought a Ford Fiesta on 15th December '09). I told the true value dealer about the same while selling that i would be transferring the NCB to my new policy on the new car which i had already booked at that time. True value dealer told me to get in touch with the place i had got my insurance done from which is a different Maruti authorized service centre. On contacting this service centre, the guys there to my surprise had little clue about NCB and how it can be transferred. I asked them to get in touch with someone who knows and help me transfer the NCB. They told me Maruti insurance is done via National insurance co. and their headoffice is in Delhi and only they can do something about it and that i should contact them. This i did not like and told them they are the ones who did the policy for me and if there is anything i need relevant to that policy they should help me in the first place. To which they initially said no but on my insistance they said they will find everything out and let me know about the same.

On 19th december i had to go out of city for almost 2 weeks (returned back on 3rd of Jan '10). All along i kept in touch with Maruti insurance who told me on 22nd Dec that i need to get an NCB certificate to get the benefit on my new policy. To get this certificate i need to furnish proof of sale and get the policy transferred in the name of new buyer. These directions were sent to me via National insurance HO in Delhi. I forwarded this email to both maruti insurance and true value guys as i was not in Indore. I asked true value dealer to do whatever is necessary and get me the NCB transferred. Now even they claim they have little clue about NCB transfer so they say they did what National Insurance email suggested.

When i came back i went to the Maruti Insurance office and they told me i dont have to do anything but simply pay rs. 1410/- and everything would be resolved. I would get a Rs. 7500/- benefit on my new insurance and that this amount would be refunded by the co. which did the new insurance. I called my ford dealer to confirm if i would get a refund to which they said yes but wanted a proof of sale as well as the policy transfer proof. When i was about to make that 1410rs. payment the owner of this maruti insurance came and asked me whats going on. Since by this time i was very confused i told me i am all confused and just going by the advice his employees have given. He then took notice and discussed the whole issue with his employees. It came as shock to me that everything his employees advised and told National Insurance was incorrect and that they have wasted all of my time. The correct of getting this done was to get the old policy cancelled, and take the benefit. He then called almost everyone, the true value guy who deals with their insurance process, bajaj alliance who did insurance for my new car and also national insurance which revealed some more shocking news for me. The true value dealer had filed some process which he termed as "endorsement" which means the policy was already transferred to the new buyer and that i could do little now to get the NCB benefit. To get it now i need to pay them 1410/- first and even then i would get no benefit this year. Next yr though my insurance amount would be 65% of what it is now. Also since i had promised true value dealer while selling the car that i would give the new buyer a new insurance if incase this ncb transfer requires cancelling the old policy. Now i have to pay for that additionally costing around 3500/-.

I was to get a benefit of Rs.7500/- but now i have to pay 3500 + 1410 first from my pocket and even then i would get no benefit this yr. I am all lost here now as to whose fault it is. I have not made a payment yet but i would like to seek advice from you guys if any of you had faced similar situation in the past or knows about NCB transfer.
Old 9th January 2010, 12:58   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouheet View Post
I am facing a very uncalled for issue at the moment. I recently (13th December '09) sold my old Nov 2003 model Alto to Maruti True value dealer. Now on this car i had a 50% no claim bonus benefit on the insurance done through Maruti insurance itself, which i wanted to get transfered to my new car (Bought a Ford Fiesta on 15th December '09). I told the true value dealer about the same while selling that i would be transferring the NCB to my new policy on the new car which i had already booked at that time. True value dealer told me to get in touch with the place i had got my insurance done from which is a different Maruti authorized service centre. On contacting this service centre, the guys there to my surprise had little clue about NCB and how it can be transferred. I asked them to get in touch with someone who knows and help me transfer the NCB. They told me Maruti insurance is done via National insurance co. and their headoffice is in Delhi and only they can do something about it and that i should contact them. This i did not like and told them they are the ones who did the policy for me and if there is anything i need relevant to that policy they should help me in the first place. To which they initially said no but on my insistance they said they will find everything out and let me know about the same.

On 19th december i had to go out of city for almost 2 weeks (returned back on 3rd of Jan '10). All along i kept in touch with Maruti insurance who told me on 22nd Dec that i need to get an NCB certificate to get the benefit on my new policy. To get this certificate i need to furnish proof of sale and get the policy transferred in the name of new buyer. These directions were sent to me via National insurance HO in Delhi. I forwarded this email to both maruti insurance and true value guys as i was not in Indore. I asked true value dealer to do whatever is necessary and get me the NCB transferred. Now even they claim they have little clue about NCB transfer so they say they did what National Insurance email suggested.

When i came back i went to the Maruti Insurance office and they told me i dont have to do anything but simply pay rs. 1410/- and everything would be resolved. I would get a Rs. 7500/- benefit on my new insurance and that this amount would be refunded by the co. which did the new insurance. I called my ford dealer to confirm if i would get a refund to which they said yes but wanted a proof of sale as well as the policy transfer proof. When i was about to make that 1410rs. payment the owner of this maruti insurance came and asked me whats going on. Since by this time i was very confused i told me i am all confused and just going by the advice his employees have given. He then took notice and discussed the whole issue with his employees. It came as shock to me that everything his employees advised and told National Insurance was incorrect and that they have wasted all of my time. The correct of getting this done was to get the old policy cancelled, and take the benefit. He then called almost everyone, the true value guy who deals with their insurance process, bajaj alliance who did insurance for my new car and also national insurance which revealed some more shocking news for me. The true value dealer had filed some process which he termed as "endorsement" which means the policy was already transferred to the new buyer and that i could do little now to get the NCB benefit. To get it now i need to pay them 1410/- first and even then i would get no benefit this year. Next yr though my insurance amount would be 65% of what it is now. Also since i had promised true value dealer while selling the car that i would give the new buyer a new insurance if incase this ncb transfer requires cancelling the old policy. Now i have to pay for that additionally costing around 3500/-.

I was to get a benefit of Rs.7500/- but now i have to pay 3500 + 1410 first from my pocket and even then i would get no benefit this yr. I am all lost here now as to whose fault it is. I have not made a payment yet but i would like to seek advice from you guys if any of you had faced similar situation in the past or knows about NCB transfer.
I think Maruti True Value staff is fooling you Yaar...

I think you have to pay nothing to anyone to get the NCB letter.

NCB is none transferable, then how can your NCB went to the buyer who bought your car. Sell proof is there with True Value Dealer right then what for you are paying 1410 and 3500.

Please ask for the breakup of these expenses?
Old 9th January 2010, 13:09   #848
Senior - BHPian

Rouheet - do not make any fresh payment to anyone (once you make any payment to these people, it will be very difficult to get back the refund).
As @rjvora correctly pointing out- why you need to pay such extra amount?
You have already paid the insurance for your new car(fiesta). What you are trying is to get the NCB from your previous Ins.company for which why should you again pay extra money?
Old 9th January 2010, 13:14   #849
Senior - BHPian

I see ICICI lombard being severely criticized here, but a friend combined 3 dents on his car into a single one and got his claim without a single question being asked.

And on how service centres rip off insurance cos/customers here's an example :

My friend noticed an accent rear ended badly. 2 SAs ( one junior, the other his senior) were discussing the estimate. The junior fellow says 70K.

The senior says "Round it off to 1L" !
Old 9th January 2010, 13:23   #850
BHPian

Quote:
I think Maruti True Value staff is fooling you Yaar...

I think you have to pay nothing to anyone to get the NCB letter.

NCB is none transferable, then how can your NCB went to the buyer who bought your car. Sell proof is there with True Value Dealer right then what for you are paying 1410 and 3500.

Please ask for the breakup of these expenses?
What true value guys are telling me that the policy was already endorsed / transferred. To get the NCB i have to cancel it first. To cancel this endorsement they are asking for 1410. Since while selling the old car i told them if i take the ncb and that requires the old policy to be cancelled i would pay for the new policy they are asking for 3500 for this new policy. Can you imagine even the existing policy on that old car was renewed on19th november 2009 for which i paid around 2500/-. Since i would be taking ncb the new cost is over 3500 is what they told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Rouheet - do not make any fresh payment to anyone (once you make any payment to these people, it will be very difficult to get back the refund).
As @rjvora correctly pointing out- why you need to pay such extra amount?
You have already paid the insurance for your new car(fiesta). What you are trying is to get the NCB from your previous Ins.company for which why should you again pay extra money?
I am completely lost here, but yes i am not making any payments until i understand everything clearly. Thats what i have told them too.
Old 9th January 2010, 15:10   #851
BHPian

Quote:
You can ask the service station guy out of this long list how much surveyor has approved the parts and how much is total payable from your side.

That will be easy for him. Remember you will have to pay 50% of the plastic and rubber parts, 100% of the glass parts and labor is paid by the insurer. Mettle parts are payable according to the age of your car.
As of now for right side of car with wind shield and dash board and roof panel they are charging 300,000 for car, labour charge extra 50K.

For a baleno, which costed me 7.5 lakh, 3.5 lakh repair cost without any engine work and only right side damage looks Maruti taking me rdie.

Do Insurance guys validate all parts details they are mentioning with the current cost or dealer can quote anythng whatever he feels like?
Old 10th January 2010, 00:23   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
100% I agree as far as this coupons business is concern. As far as what I know, If they give you more discount in the premium then they don't offer the discount coupons. Only point were premium is high (More then 10K or 15K) there only the real benefit to client comes where they offer both the things together.

The actual cost of car wash is around Rs. 20/- only water and if it is a shampoo wash then the cost is Rs. 30/- to Rs. 35/- rest is the profit.
Didn't get what you ment about the car washes. Do you mean car wash coupons which I'v heard some dealers give? Well, my MASS gave me coupons (last year) which can be redeemed against any bill... regular servicing or whatever else. But only 1 coupon at a time can be redeemed. And I service the car only once a year... so dunno what to do with the other coupon unless i have to take it for some repairs in between (v rare).

As about the washing job, seperately, I don't know what they charge. But its an automatic car wash, and they would have to invest a lot in the equipment, place etc... so no exactly right to say that the cost excluding water and shampoo is only profit.
Old 10th January 2010, 03:09   #853
BANNED

Rupeshbhai,

as you are aware of my case i would like to change my insurance company when it is due for renewal. The options i have are - United India Insurance, TATA AIG, IFFCO-TOKIO

what are your suggestions?
Old 10th January 2010, 13:07   #854
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rupesh,

First of all, let me thank you for the selfless service you are providing on Team-BHP. Hats off to you !

The insurance for my i10 1.1 is due for renewal by the end of this month.

Ex-showroom price = Rs 3,59,286
Last year's IDV = Rs 3,41,322
Last year's premium = Rs 11,867
Last year's insurer = United India (provided by dealer at the time of purchase)

When I purchased this car last year, I was new to cars and insurance. But after 1 year of Team-BHP membership and help from experts like you, I am more conversed with the technicalities now. Hence, before renewing the insurance, I decided to do some research.

I have some doubts, please throw some light on these:

1. First year's IDV is taken as 95% of the ex-showroom price. What is the logic behind this ? Why not 100% ?

2. My dealer told me that Government insurance companies do not provide cashless service. Is this correct ?

3. I don't want to change my insurer unnecessarily, but I feel that lack of cashless service is a good enough reason for changing the insurer. What do you feel ?

4. I have got a renewal quote from United India (through the dealer). The premium would be Rs 8,098, IDV = Rs 3,05,400 (10% depriciation), 20% NCB and 20% discount. Is this a good quote, or can I get more discount/freebies ?

5. If I decide to move to some other (private) insurer, do I still get the NCB ? Do I need to get any no-claims letter from the previous insurer for claiming NCB ?

My dealer provides cashless service with several private insurance companies including ICICI, Reliance, HDFC, Cholamandalam, Tata AIG and Bajaj Allianz. I will ask for quotations from these companies and get back to you.

I totally agree with your views on ICICI and Reliance, I will keep away from these two.

Thanks in advance.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 11th January 2010, 02:02   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
Rupeshbhai,

as you are aware of my case i would like to change my insurance company when it is due for renewal. The options i have are - United India Insurance, TATA AIG, IFFCO-TOKIO

what are your suggestions?
Going by the reviews here, your best bet would be IFFCO-Tokio. I'm sure Rupesh will advice the same...

Most Viewed