Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 13:11   #931
BHPian

Hello all, I purchased my car in March '09 and on a complete down payment and no financing. My insurance will be due sometime soon. I am completely unaware of these things as to who'll give me the best deal and what all things to look out while renewing the insurance.

Does companies give a more than 1 yr insurance cover and what is the procedure towards the same.
Old 1st February 2010, 16:04   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
Thanks. I am leaning towards insurance from Honda Assure only then.
Honda Assure has

a) Iffco Tokio
b) Bajaj Allianz

Planning to go with either of them.

Thanks a lot for your immediate response.
Go with Bajaj as they are the best in the business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Hello all, I purchased my car in March '09 and on a complete down payment and no financing. My insurance will be due sometime soon. I am completely unaware of these things as to who'll give me the best deal and what all things to look out while renewing the insurance.

Does companies give a more than 1 yr insurance cover and what is the procedure towards the same.
No sir, no policy is issued more then a year. Please call the agent if you know someone otherwise go to Bajaj, Chola as they are a good company.

Check Chola's special plans they are really good.
Old 1st February 2010, 16:10   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post

+
Insurance coverage is for one year only. All insurance companies follow same rule. Try National insurance or any other govt of india undertaking insurance companies for foolproof insurance coverage. Or alternatively you can extend with the same company from whom the policy was taken intitially (by the dealer). But make sure you approach them before expiring the present policy, otherwise you will have to take the car to the insurance company for inspection etc!
Old 6th February 2010, 21:54   #934
BHPian

NCB -- Pay back pro-rated or not ?

Hi,
I decided to use the accrued NCB of 45% to buy a new car. Dealer ( a lady is handling insurance) is ready to help me transfer the Reliance general insurance to the new buyer.

She insists as per Reliance policy, new buyer needs to pay back full 45% irrespective of the number of elapsed months in current year without claim. I feel it is fishy because, if car is sold with just 1 more month for insurance to expire, paying back 45% of NCB does not make sense.

Isn't NCB payback by new buyer not pro-rated ? Kindly advice if you know about it.

Regards
B103
Old 8th February 2010, 08:44   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Hi,
I decided to use the accrued NCB of 45% to buy a new car. Dealer ( a lady is handling insurance) is ready to help me transfer the Reliance general insurance to the new buyer.

She insists as per Reliance policy, new buyer needs to pay back full 45% irrespective of the number of elapsed months in current year without claim. I feel it is fishy because, if car is sold with just 1 more month for insurance to expire, paying back 45% of NCB does not make sense.

Isn't NCB payback by new buyer not pro-rated ? Kindly advice if you know about it.

Regards
B103
She is fooling you my friend. What you know is 100% right. Ask her to give the calculation in writing on the insurance company or on their own letter head.

NCB calculation is on pro-rated basis. You don't have to pay the entire amount.
Old 8th February 2010, 10:55   #936
Senior - BHPian

Is there any policy which provides 100% claim of plastic and rubber parts as well ??
Old 8th February 2010, 10:58   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Is there any policy which provides 100% claim of plastic and rubber parts as well ??
Yes, 1. Chola 2. Bajaj 3. Tata has such product.

Please see Chola product I like that product the most.
Old 8th February 2010, 11:12   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Yes, 1. Chola 2. Bajaj 3. Tata has such product.

Please see Chola product I like that product the most.
Great !! Can you provide more information about the product from Bajaj and Chola..

If possible can you provide quote for Corolla 2008, with IDV Value of atleast 8 Lakh ??
Old 8th February 2010, 11:22   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Great !! Can you provide more information about the product from Bajaj and Chola..

If possible can you provide quote for Corolla 2008, with IDV Value of atleast 8 Lakh ??
Hey buddy please go to insurance company or the agent for the quotes which can give you the exact rate and the details of the insurer.
Old 8th February 2010, 12:07   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Hey buddy please go to insurance company or the agent for the quotes which can give you the exact rate and the details of the insurer.
Will do that. However, any idea if they charge for depriciation or not ??
Old 8th February 2010, 12:28   #941
Senior - BHPian

In 2009 - On a fine Saturday afternoon of March 2009, I was riding my Honda Activa & see this lazy guy riding on his M80 (may be a US return) dreaming & riding his M80 (later came to know that it belonged to his brother) on the right side of the road in my opposite direction. I didn't want to move further left of the road as I might fall & hence I was honking for several seconds; all of a sudden this guy realizes my vehicle & my horn sound & manages to get through without hitting me. However I apply the brakes hard in order to avoid a possible collition & I skid & fall down with very minor injury to me & my Activa.

Now I get up & see this guy once again going back to his dreams & riding away. I was angry to see my damaged Activa, so I chased this guy, got hold of him & shown what he did to me. This dreamer says that he's not the person & I misjudged him. Now I was furious, noted down his vehicle number & went to Traffic Investigation Dept & filed a case against this guy. The cop (SI) was good & he asked me to get an Accident Report (AR) & told me to get the vehicle inspected with RTO. However when I went on the next working day of RTO (Monday), the cops, as usual, wrote some nonsense in the FIR due to which the RTO inspector threw the FIR back to the cops asking to provide a clear complaint as what I'd petitioned in my original statement. After this incident, I lost faith on justice & never followed up.

Several weeks later, the cops followed up & gives me a call & tell me that they arrested this person and his M80 didn't have any insurance; they asked to bring my Activa once again for vehicle inspection to RTO inspector & gave me a copy of FIR (verified its good one). This was during Aug 2009. Though I got the copy of FIR, I didn't bother neither to follow it up or repair my damaged vehicle.

Now - I understand that I need to take a AR (I only have medical receipts from the hospital) from the hospital, get my vehicle inspected with RTO & finally get my insurance claim for a sum of 2K-3K with the M80 guy who had a expired insurance & I don't feel like running behind for this long case. So I like to withdraw the FIR that I filed against this vehicle (2 wheeler Bajaj M80) that I've filed in March 2009.

What're my options? Should I go back to the Traffic Investigation Dept & write a letter stating to withdraw the FIR? Should I write admitting that its my mistake & I want to withdraw or should I proceed with AR & RTO inspection for the expired insurance (not sure now though if he's renewed it)

Last edited by aargee : 8th February 2010 at 12:34.
Old 8th February 2010, 13:05   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
What're my options? Should I go back to the Traffic Investigation Dept & write a letter stating to withdraw the FIR? Should I write admitting that its my mistake & I want to withdraw or should I proceed with AR & RTO inspection for the expired insurance (not sure now though if he's renewed it)
FIR once filed can only be quashed by a high court order (thats what I remember reading in the newspaper), even Commissioner of police cant quash it. I guess the best option would be to discuss the situation with the cops and see what they suggest. Tell them you are willing to reach a compromise with the other party.

FIRs are quashed for reasons which will make the original complaint invalid :

http://cbi.nic.in/dop/judgements/quash.pdf
Old 8th February 2010, 13:16   #943
Senior - BHPian

Ok lets say I proceed with this case, what's the insurance that I can claim from this M80 guy? See to that, this guy may not even be having an insurance now. Can I do even something or just let go off & the court order this guy a fine of a 3 digit number?

PS - As I read the link you mentioned, it states "FIR against a person", however, my FIR is based on vehicle. I'm not sure if this is applicable to Motor Law Vehicle Act.

Last edited by aargee : 8th February 2010 at 13:18.
Old 8th February 2010, 23:31   #944
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks,
MY car,Swift Dzire VDI was delivered on feb 4th. On the day after purchase, a drunk moron whacked my windshield, causing a crack. The guy could barely stand, someone pulled him just in time, else he would have come under the wheels.
Yesterday, while driving to kolar (for a joy ride) a stray stone from a truck carrying construction material hit my windshield causing a half a foot long crack. Due to this, the front sun film has developed bubbles. Both need replacement. Should I claim insurance or pay from pocket? What is the cost of the windshield? What is the amount given as no claim bonus?
Old 8th February 2010, 23:39   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Ok lets say I proceed with this case, what's the insurance that I can claim from this M80 guy? See to that, this guy may not even be having an insurance now. Can I do even something or just let go off & the court order this guy a fine of a 3 digit number?

PS - As I read the link you mentioned, it states "FIR against a person", however, my FIR is based on vehicle. I'm not sure if this is applicable to Motor Law Vehicle Act.
From what I understand , benefit of TP Insurance is that the company pays for any compensation, since he didnt have TP, he will have to pay any damages out of his pocket, if he took insurance later on, that company wont pay for an old offence.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks