Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2010, 22:30   #991
BHPian

Hi,
I need insurance for 2003 model Honda Activa Scooter.the previous insurance "The India Insurance company" has lapsed in feb 09 itself, And the vehicle has been driven without insurance for more than a year, because of I have time from office and do insurance.they were demanding that vehicle should be brought to their office for inspection

IDV of Vehicle mentioned on 08-09 policy was 17,101. don't know the present value. I paid Rs635/- as premuim

hence, I was looking for suggestion of company which can give insurance in quick, hassle-free manner. maybe a option for online payments

Last edited by gary4gar : 27th February 2010 at 22:32.
Old 27th February 2010, 22:32   #992
Senior - BHPian

A vehicle for which the insurance has expired will most likely be inspected before a new insurance is issued.
Old 27th February 2010, 22:43   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
A vehicle for which the insurance has expired will most likely be inspected before a new insurance is issued.
ok, does the Vehicle owner have to be necessary be present at time of inspection? or his family members can get insurance on his behalf?
Old 27th February 2010, 22:48   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
This is not true for 3rd party, or even comprehensive when going through agents.
Old 28th February 2010, 01:23   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4gar View Post
Hi,
I need insurance for 2003 model Honda Activa Scooter.the previous insurance "The India Insurance company" has lapsed in feb 09 itself, And the vehicle has been driven without insurance for more than a year, because of I have time from office and do insurance.they were demanding that vehicle should be brought to their office for inspection

IDV of Vehicle mentioned on 08-09 policy was 17,101. don't know the present value. I paid Rs635/- as premuim

hence, I was looking for suggestion of company which can give insurance in quick, hassle-free manner. maybe a option for online payments
Most private companies like Bajaj/IFFCo, etc., will send their agent to your place for the job (including inspection). Just call them up. They all refused to do 3rd party insurance in my case, though.

Since your insurance has lapsed, you won't be able to do it online, as inspection will be necessary.
Old 28th February 2010, 16:27   #996

Hi Guys
I have a Toytoa Altis. The insurance expires in April. Any suggestions as which company would be best. My exisiting inurance is provide by Infinnium Toyota in Ahmedabad and if I am not wrong it might have been with Reliance. I paid nearly 30 k for a comprehensive cover on this new car. thanks.
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:19   #997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Gujju View Post
Hi Guys
I have a Toytoa Altis. The insurance expires in April. Any suggestions as which company would be best. My exisiting inurance is provide by Infinnium Toyota in Ahmedabad and if I am not wrong it might have been with Reliance. I paid nearly 30 k for a comprehensive cover on this new car. thanks.
Ask Infinnium Toyota which other company they have tie-up with and if possible avoid Icici and Reliance.
Old 3rd March 2010, 01:54   #998
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ram,

What is the correct insurance procedure to follow while selling off a car. I understand that I have to surrender the existing insurance and get an NCB letter.

However how do I hand over the car with no insurance? And if the RTO ownership transfer is still in progress would they be able to take out an insurance for the car in their name?

drive on!!
Shibu.
Old 3rd March 2010, 08:56   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Hi Ram,

What is the correct insurance procedure to follow while selling off a car. I understand that I have to surrender the existing insurance and get an NCB letter.

However how do I hand over the car with no insurance? And if the RTO ownership transfer is still in progress would they be able to take out an insurance for the car in their name?

drive on!!
Shibu.
There are two way's of transferring the insurance to new buyer of the car.

1. You keep the original insurance policy with you, cancel the policy, take the refund of premium & let new buyer take the insurance allover again.

2. Give the original insurance policy to the buyer and let him transfer the policy in his name in this case he will have to just pay the transfer charges to insurer.

In both the above case NCB will come to your hand only as it is always non-transferable. In both the above case buyer will have to pay the NCB amount to insurance company.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:47   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Hdfc Ergo

How is HDFC Ergo insurance company? Are they reliable in terms of claim processing? They seems to provide pretty decent quotes on website.
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:28   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
How is HDFC Ergo insurance company? Are they reliable in terms of claim processing? They seems to provide pretty decent quotes on website.
The best way to choose the insurance company is to see, are they providing cash less in the service station where you service your car regularly? If answer is yes then that is one of the good company for you.

Over all HDFC is a good brand.
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:47   #1002
BHPian

I am planning to go for Zero Depreciation for my ANHC(2009). I have two options TATA AIG and ICICI. I am buying from dealer and it has tie up with only these two.

Please can someone help me choose out of the two. My criteria is hassle free claim. I want to know which one is better in terms of claim.
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:38   #1003
BHPian

I have a Tata Indica V2 car and the insurance is due on 10th March. My Insurance Agent is telling me that Private Insurance companies are not providing any insurance cover for Indica Cars due to high number of claims being submitted by Owners. He is insisting to go for Goverment Company. My car is 6 years old now and I paid Rs 4249 last year and he has quoted Rs 3992 IDV 1,56,330 and NCB 50%. I think IDV is the Insured Declared Value but not sure what does NCB stand for.
Does it sound fair deal to you?
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:55   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmishra View Post
I am planning to go for Zero Depreciation for my ANHC(2009). I have two options TATA AIG and ICICI. I am buying from dealer and it has tie up with only these two.

Please can someone help me choose out of the two. My criteria is hassle free claim. I want to know which one is better in terms of claim.
Tata is the only option for you my friend. Please stay away from Icici.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
I have a Tata Indica V2 car and the insurance is due on 10th March. My Insurance Agent is telling me that Private Insurance companies are not providing any insurance cover for Indica Cars due to high number of claims being submitted by Owners. He is insisting to go for Goverment Company. My car is 6 years old now and I paid Rs 4249 last year and he has quoted Rs 3992 IDV 1,56,330 and NCB 50%. I think IDV is the Insured Declared Value but not sure what does NCB stand for.
Does it sound fair deal to you?
6 year's old car and they (Private Insurer) are saying no is little surprise to me. NCB is no claim bonus which you are getting since you have not made any claim. You are charged 50% less of your own damage premium till you don't make any claim.

Ask him how much other discount he has offered you on the above quote. (I mean other then NCB.) You should get cashless at the time of claim that is most important. Don't expect any particular company, that's not important.
Old 5th March 2010, 11:01   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Need help (again !) with getting/applying insurance for Tata Safari 2.2L EX. Vehcile is completing 2 years on 15th MArch 2010. I am currently on HDFC insurance. They have said that they can give me good IDV (7lac up even) which I thinks isn't worth in real scenario.

Tata has send me a mail saying if I get with them, I will get a Gold Membership Card, which will be useful for me.

I am inclined to Tata for this cause. How much IDV should I ask them to quote?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks