Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 17:24   #1186
BHPian

Renewal Quote from Tata-AIG

I have recd the following quote from Tata AIG for renewal of my 4 yr old NHC.
Does this sound reasonable or there are better deals (& service) that I can go for.
Thanks in Advance

Coverage Package 3,92,410
Third Party(including PD, if opted) 800
Own Damage 5,688
Personal Accident 250
PA Coverage for Owner-Driver 100
35% Bonus / 0

TOTAL 7,542.31

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2010 at 12:34. Reason: Removing formatting tags.
Old 6th May 2010, 17:35   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Coverage Package 3,92,410
Third Party(including PD, if opted) 800
Own Damage 5,688
Personal Accident 250
PA Coverage for Owner-Driver 100
35% Bonus / 0

TOTAL 7,542.31
Please check what is the % of other discount in this quote. This quote look's bit costly to me.
Old 6th May 2010, 17:40   #1188
BHPian

BA renewal

Hi,
I'm trying to renew my existing policy with Bajaj.
I'm getting this page where it asks for several numbers. The first one asks to fill either "G" or "OG". What is that?
What about other fields?

My policy number is simple with "BA" followed by 7 digits only.

Any ideas?
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-ba.jpg

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2010 at 12:35. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 6th May 2010, 17:55   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
I'm trying to renew my existing policy with Bajaj.
I'm getting this page where it asks for several numbers. The first one asks to fill either "G" or "OG". What is that?
What about other fields?

My policy number is simple with "BA" followed by 7 digits only.

Any ideas?
Policy no. from Bajaj should be in this style.

OG-00-0000-0000-00000000.

Please take the help of call center.
Old 6th May 2010, 18:35   #1190
BHPian

Thanks Rupesh.
I bought Bajaj insurance from Maruti insurance - May be thats the reason the policy nbr is different.
The marutiinsurance.com site has some technical problems in renewal section. Hmmm..
I'll go to their office tomorrow and get it renewed.
Old 6th May 2010, 18:36   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Please check what is the % of other discount in this quote. This quote look's bit costly to me.
So whats a reasonable amount that I can sign off on ?
Old 7th May 2010, 09:39   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So whats a reasonable amount that I can sign off on ?
Hmmm...

Not sure but get me the % of other discount which they are offering then I can give you the amount.
Old 7th May 2010, 13:29   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
1. This is nonsense from Icici - Tell them all the insurance companies don't work in there style.
Told them. Even the insurance surveyor insists that only the insurance company's liability will be checked against 75% of the IDV to decide whether this will be a total loss or not. He says the total repair cost will not be considered.
I wrote to all the higher ups in the grievance redressal mechanism on the ICICI Lombard website. No one has bothered to reply.
I wrote to the IRDA as well. No reply from them as well even after 1 week.

Really no clue what to do. Except your reply, no one else has been forthcoming on how to interpret the policy.
Old 7th May 2010, 15:04   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm...

Not sure but get me the % of other discount which they are offering then I can give you the amount.
I think that they are offering 35% discuount in the first quote for 3 yr NCB.
What is the max they will offer ?
Old 7th May 2010, 17:27   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsramkee View Post
Really no clue what to do. Except your reply, no one else has been forthcoming on how to interpret the policy.
Give me one day's time and I will check with some insurance surveyor in Mumbai and let you know.

Quote:
35% discuount in the first quote for 3 yr NCB. What is the max they will offer ?
You are talking of NCB, I am talking of OD discount which is also called as other discount. Please check that part and let me know.
Old 9th May 2010, 15:25   #1196
BHPian

Rupesh,

My friend is buying a RE Bullet which doesn't have any insurance papers. The bullet is 1988 manufactured and the current owner has bought it in 1994. Believe it or not, he has not had an insurance for it since then. I would like to know what premium and insured value can one expect for this. Also what is the process for cases like this where there is no previous insurance?

Thanks
Manu
Old 9th May 2010, 16:50   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
The bullet is 1988 manufactured and ... has not had an insurance for it
Go for third party only insurance. Will cost about 400-500 rupees. Getting a comprehensive insurance will be difficult. It will be difficult to get a realistic IDV for such an old vehicle - you would need to get valuation done etc.

-BJ
Old 10th May 2010, 09:16   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
The bullet is 1988 manufactured
TP insurance is the best option for your friend. Rs. 386/- would be the premium. He need to take bike and a copy of RC book along with him to insurance company office.
Old 10th May 2010, 09:36   #1199
BHPian

Hi,

My car would be two years old in a few days and hence i also need to renew my insurance. In the past two years, i have taken claims in both the years, hence no NCB for me. I am getting calls from a lot of dealers to renew my insurance. Almost all of them are give some or the other freebies. One such dealer who is close to my home is giving me an free service coupon, free wheel alignment and balancing coupon. He will be giving me a maruti insurance. Now, the place where i get my car serviced (maruti Naraina) is giving me only a free wheel alignment and balancing coupon, they are also giving the same maruti insurance. I checked with my service advisor in maruti naraina and asked him to see if i can get some other/more freebies. He said it is not possible and if some other dealer is giving me a free service coupon, he will make me compensate for it later (by giving bad service). I am really confused what to do. Can you please guide me here, also i understand that the so called Maruti insurance is with a tie up with different insurance companies, which tie up should i go for?

Thanks in advance
Old 10th May 2010, 09:45   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
In the past two years, i have taken claims in both the years, hence no NCB for me.
Don't change!!

If you are happy with a dealer and he is offering you good service and his rates are also competitive then why you are changing? Just for freebies you shouldn't be discontinuing the good relationship.

Tell him that you are paying him because of good services and you are loosing the benefits which are offered by others because of his services. In feature you will get more good services because of this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks