Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2010, 15:50   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
What is other discount? Is it related voluntary excess?

Quote 1:
======
IDV: 3,09,000 (10% less than the prev IDV)
Own Damage premium (@2.46%) = 7600
NCB (@25%) = -1900
Sub Total = 5700

Third party premium = 925
Sub Total = 6625

Service tax (10%) = 662

Premium total = 7287
(In this case there is no voluntary excess)

Quote2:
======
Where as Bajaj Allianz gives me the following quote
IDV: 2,98,974
Own Damage premium = 4562 (this includes the NCB + OD)
Third party premium = 900
Sub Total = 5462
Service tax (10%) = 563

Premium total = 6025

BA is not revealing the voluntary excess, saying it is company confidential.
Since you are asking me about excess I hope assume that you know what is excess. - Stay away from that term. Insurance company can not hide the excess, if that are charging they have to show it on the quote for sure. In your written quote if there is no excess shown it means they are not charging any excess.

Other discount means the OD discount, underwriting discount and such other many names to it. For me Bajaj look's good but make sure, (take it in writing if you don't trust them) they don't charge you excess.
Old 20th May 2010, 22:40   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
First thing!!! You don't have to say please to me.... As we are friends Right?

You need to take your car to any of the government insurance company's office near to your home along with RC copy and tell them to issue a TP policy. Remember only government insurance companies issue TP policy.

Insuring your car is a privilege to an insurance company and advising you is mine.
Hi Rupesh,
First of all, congrats on the Five stars ! Wow !!

And thanks for the good advice, I'll do the same asap.
When I go to New India's office, will they need to survey my car etc, I mean, do I have to take an appointment with a surveyor ?
Old 20th May 2010, 23:26   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hi Rupesh,

And thanks for the good advice, I'll do the same asap.
When I go to New India's office, will they need to survey my car etc, I mean, do I have to take an appointment with a surveyor ?
I had got my insurance done via an agent, he charged a small commission and I have a TP from National insurance for my 15 year old car. I didnt even have to go anywhere to get my car surveyed even though the insurance had expired.
Old 21st May 2010, 09:02   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hi Rupesh,

Thank you Sirji for the compliments.

No need for appointment, you can visit there office and survey would be done on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1head View Post
I had got my insurance done via an agent, he charged a small commission and I have a TP from National insurance for my 15 year old car.
True this is also one way of doing it but in Mumbai there are very less no. of agents who do this.

If I talk of law; there is no need for survey as they don't have to pay for the repairs of the car. They just have to pay for third party liability.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:01   #1235
Team-BHP Support

A friend of mine took delivery of a Punto last week.

Hyderabadi traffic decided to leave its mark on the car.

Knocked on both sides as he waited at a signal.

Broken headlight, broken rear bumper and rear fog lights.

Now since his car is less than a month old, does the rule of 50% coverage to plastics(bumper) apply?
What will be the coverage for the Headlight and Fog lights(original equipment)?

Thanks in advance,
Old 27th May 2010, 16:26   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
does the rule of 50% coverage to plastics(bumper) apply?
Unfortunately, Yes. The rule of 50% is applicable to your friend. This rule is applicable since the car comes out of show room.
Headlight and Fog lights are also on 50% covered but you need to check this with service station.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:49   #1237
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello,

My 2005 Hyundai Tucson is due for insurance renewal.

Which company is better - Bajaj Allianz / Bharati AXA / HDFC ERGO?

Quotes I got:
IDV - Rs. 6,75,000
NCB - NIL (there was 1 claim last year)
Bajaj - Rs. 17900
Bharati AXA - Rs. 16661
HDFC ERGO - Rs. 15575

I spoke to the Hyundai workshop guys - they say all the three have cashless tie up but Bajaj is the best, followed by Bharati and HDFC is the last on their recommendation as HDFC charge 7% salvage value on metal parts whereas Bajaj and Bharati do not. What is this salvage value and how can they do this? Is IRDA sleeping?

What say?
And first of all, are the quotes alright?

BTW, the Bharati guy told me that they reimburse 100% for glass parts. 50% rule is only for plastic, rubber and electricals. Is this true?

Thank you for this thread
Old 27th May 2010, 18:35   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Quotes I got:
IDV - Rs. 6,75,000
NCB - NIL (there was 1 claim last year)
Bajaj - Rs. 17900
Bharati AXA - Rs. 16661
HDFC ERGO - Rs. 15575

I spoke to the Hyundai workshop guys - they say all the three have cashless tie up but Bajaj is the best, followed by Bharati and HDFC is the last on their recommendation as HDFC charge 7% salvage value on metal parts whereas Bajaj and Bharati do not. What is this salvage value and how can they do this? Is IRDA sleeping?

What say?
And first of all, are the quotes alright?

BTW, the Bharati guy told me that they reimburse 100% for glass parts. 50% rule is only for plastic, rubber and electricals. Is this true?
Yes Bajaj is the best. Salvage is something for which if you fight then they will not deduct that 7%. Show your quote of HDFC to Bajaj and if they could give you more discount then they will also reduce the premium.

You had which policy last year?
Old 27th May 2010, 18:39   #1239
Distinguished - BHPian

Last year it was Bajaj...

And have a nice trip to Leh...only a week long trip? You are not driving to Leh???
Old 27th May 2010, 19:10   #1240
Senior - BHPian

RJ _ I had one question about comprehensive insurance:
When you claim for parts replaced - do you get full claim or only the depreciated value?
Old 28th May 2010, 08:29   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Last year it was Bajaj...

And have a nice trip to Leh...only a week long trip? You are not driving to Leh???
Just bargain a little with Bajaj and that's it.

OT - Thank you for the wishes... No I am not driving as I am not allowed to drive far by my parents as I don't have good luck with the road's of India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
When you claim for parts replaced - do you get full claim or only the depreciated value?
Depreciated value only, Other then glass.
Old 29th May 2010, 20:45   #1242
BANNED

Guys, I had a Bajaj Allianz insurance on my car. I had taken a claim thru it for my windshield. Everything went fine.

Later on, before expiry of the insurance period, ~14 April 2010, my insurance guy called me and asked for renewal, I said do it. He didn't asked me any details.That evening, he came home with Reliance General Insurance policy all done up and without seeing anything, I signed and gave him a cheque for ~Rs.5400.

In May, My car was hit on rear quarter panel by a bus leaving a dent and bumper all scratched up. I applied for insurance claim and it was accepted. I told d Ford guys to paint the whole bumper. Total expenditure was Rs. 5800 and I was told that the cheque will reach you in 7 days.

After 10 days, I called up the Surveyor and he said your claim is rejected because you had taken a claim from previous insurer and also got No Claim Bonus (NCB) 25% from reliance gen. insu. Also, your policy is cancelled. But I didn't instructed my agent to add NCB to it.

What are my rights? Is there any way I can get the claim money and validate my insurance?

Last edited by thorpe : 29th May 2010 at 20:47.
Old 29th May 2010, 20:56   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
A friend of mine took delivery of a Punto last week.

Hyderabadi traffic decided to leave its mark on the car.

Knocked on both sides as he waited at a signal.

Broken headlight, broken rear bumper and rear fog lights.

Now since his car is less than a month old, does the rule of 50% coverage to plastics(bumper) apply?

Thanks in advance,
All headlights being glass will be re-imbursed 100%, plastics are 50% irrespective of age, but a month old car would be treated differently (read you should get atleast 90% if not 100%) there is a special rule for cars less than 6 months old (no insurance guy will tell you this)

I know all this because I had a real world experience with the insurance "mafia" last month.

Hope this helps !

Cheers
Old 30th May 2010, 20:22   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
In May, My car was hit on rear quarter panel by a bus leaving a dent and bumper all scratched up. I applied for insurance claim and it was accepted. I told d Ford guys to paint the whole bumper. Total expenditure was Rs. 5800 and I was told that the cheque will reach you in 7 days.

After 10 days, I called up the Surveyor and he said your claim is rejected because you had taken a claim from previous insurer and also got No Claim Bonus (NCB) 25% from reliance gen. insu. Also, your policy is cancelled. But I didn't instructed my agent to add NCB to it.

What are my rights? Is there any way I can get the claim money and validate my insurance?
@Thorpe, it is individual's responsibility to check each and every word of document before signing on the dotted lines.
Try talking to the insurer and explain the situation. But I don't think you will get any recuse.
Anyways talk to the insurer and re-activate the insurance cover. You might need to pay the difference in premium I guess.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:50   #1245
BHPian

Query!

Experts, please advise!

Few months back I bought a used car in Mumbai (Mumbai registered). Due to delay for various reasons, the ownership transfer of the car could not be done before the insurance due date. Now, I'll be moving to Hyd (due to a change on the job front) and I plan to get the car transferred to my name at Hyd (by taking NOC from Mumbai).
But since the insurance had expired, the RTO agent (handling my RTO work) got me a new insurance (United India), in my name, even before he could get me the NOC. Is it possible to get the insurance done in the buyer's name, when the RC still bears the seller's details (meaning car hasn't been transferred yet)? I'd heard that ownership has to be transferred for renewing the insurance. advise!

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed