Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 07:44   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Stay away from Icici.
Increasing IDV from last year without any valid reason will not help you in case there is a claim tomorrow. Icici may give you cheaper quotes but let me tell you I am yet to see a bunch of people who are really happy with them.
If you are not driving very old car then I would advice you to check a policy from Bajaj & Tata which have add-on covers.
Have PMed you a new query.

Regarding ICICI the main reason to still give a thought is the Ford Dealer in Thane has cashless scheme tie up with them. Although they do have the same type of tie up with Tata AIG and Bajaj, but the premium quoted is a min 4K more than ICICI.

The Ford dealer actually is promoting Future Generali and Cholamandalam. I feel these Insurers are relatively new to the Insurance field and their service and claims settlement remains a big doubt.
Old 26th September 2010, 00:28   #1367
BHPian

@ RJVora,

My friend has an old car with comprehensive insurance policy having Rs 1.25 lac IDV. It recently got hit by some vehicle when it was parked on road and there is a big dent and deep scratches on one side(both left hand side doors). I want to know

1. Should he claim insurance (NCB is zero as he bought it and got it insured himself).
2. Since it is a ten year old vehicle how much depreciation will be charged on his claim. The repair would involve only denting and painting and no part is needed to be changed.
3. what is the process to be followed for an accidental claim. Does it need an FIR to be filed?

Last edited by rock75 : 26th September 2010 at 00:29.
Old 28th September 2010, 22:17   #1368
Senior - BHPian

The windshield of my colleagues Alto developed a cracked in it.He inquired with windshield experts who said that the cost will be around ~4500 which he has to pay upfront and a amount of ~3800 will be refunded to him by the insurance company which in question is Maruti insurance.

Upon questioning the windhsield guy why the full payment has to be made 1st he was told Maruti insurance works this way only. I remember a friends Honda city front glass was busted, he only had to pay a small sum to get it replaced and people who fitted the glass recovered the amount from the insurance co.

Is this payment 1st true about Maruti insurance ?
Old 29th September 2010, 16:08   #1369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Is this payment 1st true about Maruti insurance ?
why are you going directly to windshield experts ?

Go to Maruti Service centers, since the insurance is from Maruti insurance, the claim will be settled by them (cashless) , you may have to pay cover charge and some nominal amount.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 29th September 2010 at 16:15.
Old 29th September 2010, 23:46   #1370

I am getting delivery of a car tomorrow afternoon (Innova VX). The ex-showroom price is Rs 1,210,500 and the IDV is Rs 1,150,00. I have an insurance quote from Royal Sundaram for about Rs 21K (not counting any add-ons).

In your opinion, is it worthwhile getting a depreciation waiver add-on in the first year? It costs a whopping 7.5K. Or should I only take this add-on only from the second year onwards?
Old 12th October 2010, 16:40   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maven View Post
Here is an update and summary of my experience with Reliance and Bajaj.

I got my policy renewed from Bajaj and they send me soft-copy of the policy.

Now the comparison part of it:

There is huge difference in customer service of Bajaj and Reliance. Bajaj guys are prompt and they didnt hide any details. Like: They said the receipt that I got after the payment is *not* a cover note (they didnt try to hide the truth), at the same time they said the policy will be renewed in 24-hrs and I'll get the soft-copy of policy in 2-days (they are prompt, everything done on time).

Now, I'll compare the above smooth & hassle-free interaction with my painful/frustrating experience with Reliance:

I gave cheque for insurance renewal on 14th Sept. Called the execs on 17th Sept - the policy details are not even registered in their database. Later made repeated calls/follow-ups to reliance agent to make entry of my policy. I checked status of cheque on 20th, its still not sent for clearance. Called both reliance agent and his manager. The response I got was - we dispatched the cheques for 'risk' department, they will handle it. I called up Reliance customer care, the response I got was - please contact your agents, we dont have any information about the cheque.
Same thing happened on 21st also, my policy is about to expire and the reliance guys were not even bothered about that. The manager gave a verbal note that - he is going to support me and make sure that I'll get benefits of insurance if some thing happens to my car during the non-insured period. I asked him to provide a written note of the same; he said - he will send SMS saying so and not a mail or document. This is at 6pm of 21st September. Heights of recklessness towards customers (I am not even a customer by that time, just a prospective customer).

Later called Bajaj guys and everything went smoothly.

If you are in dilemma in choosing between Bajaj and Reliance, I will say - dont even think - blindly go for Bajaj. Their customer service is much better than Reliance (any day).
@RJVora,
I blocked the cheque given to reliance insurance, as I took insurance from Bajaj.
Reliance guy called me today and said that - as the cheque is blocked, I need to pay Rs. 500/- for cover note charges and bounce of cheque.
Is it mandatory to pay such charges?

Thanks,
Chandra
Old 18th October 2010, 15:42   #1372
BHPian

Insurance renewal

Hi,

I am looking at Insurance renewal of my Civic (Oct 2007). I purchased it from its previous owner in Aug 2010 and am weighing my options between Honda assure (25.5K), Tata AIG (20.3K), Bajaj (17K) and Cholamandalam (17K)

Chola rep has mentioned that his quote has 25% NCB deducted and they will charge this money from me only if I make a claim during this year.

Any pointers? Help really appreciated!

Regards
Old 19th October 2010, 18:10   #1373
Senior - BHPian

Is there any insurance policy which covers non-accidental repairs? Like if some part in my car gets Kaput? (due to normal driving conditions\no accident) Or you could say something like a EW offered by Tata.
Old 20th October 2010, 09:45   #1374
BHPian

Where is the insurance expert?

Hey Rjvora,

Where are you? This thread is leading nowhere as there are only queries for last 15 days and no replies. Are there any other insurance experts on teambhp?
Old 20th October 2010, 13:18   #1375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
Hey Rjvora,

Where are you? This thread is leading nowhere as there are only queries for last 15 days and no replies. Are there any other insurance experts on teambhp?
Rock,

I don't know where Rupesh is, but if you look at the questions in last month or so, most of them have been asked before and answered by Rupesh and others. May be that is why his silence. If you go through the posts here you would get all your answeres. Time is valuble for all - for those answering and those asking. Any way the answer to your query is as follows:

1. Should he claim insurance (NCB is zero as he bought it and got it insured himself).

It is up to your friend. If one keeps claiming, one will never build up any NCB, which would really be of help when/if one goes to buy a vhicle of relatively higher value. If the repair cost is not too much (as it would appear from point 2 below) I would say maintain the claims free record - especially if your friend has any plans to upgarde his/her ride

2. Since it is a ten year old vehicle how much depreciation will be charged on his claim. The repair would involve only denting and painting and no part is needed to be changed.

If the repair would involve labour only then there would not be any depreciation and 100% of labour would be paid by the Insurer

3. what is the process to be followed for an accidental claim. Does it need an FIR to be filed?

Its to the descretion of the Insurer. Moast would want an FIR. So your friend will have get and FIR or at least a copy of the GD Entry from the Police Station in the area. Photos are also required

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 20th October 2010, 13:37   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
why are you going directly to windshield experts ?

Go to Maruti Service centers, since the insurance is from Maruti insurance, the claim will be settled by them (cashless) , you may have to pay cover charge and some nominal amount.
Same is applicable to Windshield as well. They also offer cashless services.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:40   #1377
@ri
BHPian

my car 5 months old got banged up by a bike rider and front door is dented now
Hyundai quoted me 5.5 K for the repairs (it is not too much of a dent infact but pretty visible and no less at the same time).
Now should I get it repaired myself or claim inusrance. What would be my loss in terms of NCB. My IDV is I think 6.1 Lacs and Insurance amt paid by me was about 14K.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:49   #1378
Team-BHP Support

@ri, I had a small mishap in a parking lot.
Needed to get my door painted and tinkered.

You can see more details here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hyder...ml#post2109461

The private garage charged me Rs 2,500 for the door.
You might want to consider a GOOD private garage and save some money.

If you did not claim any insurance your saving will be
2nd year – 20% in Own Damage premium amount

You can look up your insurance papers to see what is the Own Damage premium amount. Roughly 20% of that amount after calculating the depreciation is your saving when you renew the insurance.
Old 20th October 2010, 16:39   #1379
BHPian

I have a query. My 3 months old Fiesta met with an accident. I took the First Year Free Insurance provided by Ford. Now, does it become necessary for me to get the repairs done from Ford Workshop only or can I get it done from a better place at the same time claiming insurance?
I want to get it repaired through Pandit and Co.
The repairs involve changing the front passenger door and rubbing at a few places with minimal denting.
Old 20th October 2010, 21:22   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
@ri, I had a small mishap in a parking lot.
Needed to get my door painted and tinkered.

You can see more details here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hyder...ml#post2109461

The private garage charged me Rs 2,500 for the door.
You might want to consider a GOOD private garage and save some money.

If you did not claim any insurance your saving will be
2nd year – 20% in Own Damage premium amount

You can look up your insurance papers to see what is the Own Damage premium amount. Roughly 20% of that amount after calculating the depreciation is your saving when you renew the insurance.
I have a query as I am not familiar with these process :

2nd year if I opt for another Insurance company, is there any loss?

For example, at present say I am having insurance from Bajaj A. I make a claim, so 2nd year I am not going to get the NCB.
2nd year instead of Bajaj A, say if I opt for Reliance -

a. Does the claim I made with Bajaj A is anyway going to affect my premium with Reliance?

b. If I don't make any claim for 1st year with Bajaj A, can I take the NCB advantage if I change to Reliance in 2nd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
my car 5 months old got banged up by a bike rider and front door is dented now
Hyundai quoted me 5.5 K for the repairs (it is not too much of a dent infact but pretty visible and no less at the same time).
Now should I get it repaired myself or claim inusrance. What would be my loss in terms of NCB. My IDV is I think 6.1 Lacs and Insurance amt paid by me was about 14K.
I am assuming your car is i20 as it is not mentioned in your post.

I have a feeling these dealers always quotes 2X or 3X the price, more so if the insurance is from the dealer.
From your post it seems the front door needs dent repairing and may be painting and you are quoted 5.5K.

If I am not wrong, an i20 front door costs 5.8K, can you check with the dealer, if 5.8K is for door on what logic they quoted 5.5K for repairing.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 20th October 2010 at 21:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks