Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 20:57   #1606
Team-BHP Support

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
As for renewal, i dont know about when one sticks to the same provider, but if you switch vendors, the car will be reevaluated.
If you get the Insurance issued before the policy elapses; even if it is from a diff. provider, the vehicle will most certainly not be evaluated.

My Zen moved from Pune to Gurgaon and we changed provider on renewal in Gurgaon. Yet, no evaluation.
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:49   #1607
BHPian

Hi Rjvora :- Firstly thank you for setting up this thread, was really useful. I have few questions - my background : I am from karnataka, I have a 2 wheeler with KA registration and one 4 wheeler with PB registration. Both the insurence are from the respective states of their reg.

1) Can I renew the insurence, when it is due at my present city of residence? like now I am in pune.
2) What if the insurence expires, should I go to the mother state for renewal?

Thanks in advance
Old 27th June 2011, 07:15   #1608
BHPian

I have a Royal Sundaram on my used Alto which i bought a month back, but its expiring on August and i want to change to a company which doesn't give much head aches when claimed.

what is Voluntary Excess and Drive Assure coverage in bajaj allianz.

am very confused of the use of these two terms...can some one explain in a layman term please

and is bajaj allianz good for chennai ?
Old 5th July 2011, 15:10   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Car Insurance of the pre-owned car which I bought about 8 months back was not transferred to my name though RC book was transferred (some slippage from the vendor which went unnoticed). Now the rear windshield got broken in parking and I was about to claim the Insurance but TATA AIG confirmed vehicle is not covered for claim since name transfer was not done(Validity is there till coming November).

Please guide me if there is any alternative. Really urgent to make a decision.
Old 5th July 2011, 17:15   #1610
BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

My car will be completing 1 yr in a couple of months so insurance renewal will be required. I got a call recently from some agency saying theyare offering discounts on insurance and as your car in approaching one, if you do it now, you can get huge discounts under the scheme. They said Reliance premium after discounts and no-clain bonus will come to around 9k. Should I really bother about this and if what is the best time frame for checking on renewal premium discounts.
Old 8th July 2011, 13:40   #1611
BHPian

members

My Tata Safari DICOR 2.2 (Bangalore registered) is due for 1st renewal on 20th August 2011.
Currently it is under Bharti AXA

my queries:
1. can i continue with the same company? if not which one to look for? I haven't had any claims
2. What will be the IDV now?

Thanks in advance for your responses
Keyan
Old 18th July 2011, 15:36   #1612
BHPian

Hi Rupesh,

Apologies if this question has been answered earlier. What is your suggestion for getting insurance for a new car? I feel that my car dealer's quote is on the higher side, and want to explore buying a policy online.

The dealer is trying to convince me that i will only have cashless settlement if i buy the insurance through them, and i buy it from another agent / directly, i will have to struggle to make a claim.

What is your advice?
Old 18th July 2011, 16:19   #1613
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangface View Post
Hi Rupesh,

Apologies if this question has been answered earlier. What is your suggestion for getting insurance for a new car? I feel that my car dealer's quote is on the higher side, and want to explore buying a policy online.

The dealer is trying to convince me that i will only have cashless settlement if i buy the insurance through them, and i buy it from another agent / directly, i will have to struggle to make a claim.

What is your advice?
get a quote independently.
when you see the difference, youll know why the dealer is pushing to get it from him.
Ask him which insurance is he giving, and get an independent quote for that one too.
youll find a difference there too.
as for the cashless-only-if-bought-from-dealer bit, that is gunk.
explore your options.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 16:55   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
get a quote independently.
when you see the difference, youll know why the dealer is pushing to get it from him.
Ask him which insurance is he giving, and get an independent quote for that one too.
youll find a difference there too.
as for the cashless-only-if-bought-from-dealer bit, that is gunk.
explore your options.
Thanks mayankk, am exploring my options online. The car i am trying to figure out insurance for is a Chevrolet Bear diesel. The dealer has tie ups with BA, Royal Sundaram and ICICI, he can provide insurance from any of them. I currently have a Royal Sundaram policy for my Alto, and i have had painless claim experiences with them, that said would you recommend any insurer in particular?
Old 18th July 2011, 17:40   #1615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mayankk, am exploring my options online. The car i am trying to figure out insurance for is a Chevrolet Bear diesel. The dealer has tie ups with BA, Royal Sundaram and ICICI, he can provide insurance from any of them. I currently have a Royal Sundaram policy for my Alto, and i have had painless claim experiences with them, that said would you recommend any insurer in particular?
Ive used BA, theyre painless.
and you say royal sundaram is painless too.
you can go with whichever one you want.
ask one of those yellow-page listed agents, he'll give you 5-6 quotes.
or just leave your details at apnaxxxx.com sites.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:12   #1616
BHPian

I have got the below quote: please advise

TMI (Tata Motors Insurance) PREMIUM CALC

Vehicle IDV = 7, 19,200.00

Basic OD = 24,740.00

NCB 20% = -4,948.00

Other discount 20% = -3,958.00

Basic TP = +2,750.00

PA Owner = +100.00

PA Driver = + 25.00

Net premium = + 18,709.00

Add service tax = +1,927.00

Total payable Amount = 20,636.00

Future Generali Premium Calc

Vehicle IDV = 7, 55,160.00

Basic OD = 25,977.00

NCB 20% = -5,195.00

Other discount 30% = -6,234.00

Basic TP = + 2,750.00

PA Owner = +100.00

PA Driver = + 25.00

Net premium = + 17,422.00

Add service tax = +1,796.00

Total payable Amount = 19,218.00

TMI is tie-up with 4 insurance companies’ i.e;

1. ICICI Lombard

2. Royal Sundaram

3. National

4. United India

The features & Premium of all the 4 insurance companies will be remain same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post
members

My Tata Safari DICOR 2.2 (Bangalore registered) is due for 1st renewal on 20th August 2011.
Currently it is under Bharti AXA

my queries:
1. can i continue with the same company? if not which one to look for? I haven't had any claims
2. What will be the IDV now?

Thanks in advance for your responses
Keyan

Last edited by keyank : 19th July 2011 at 11:14.
Old 20th July 2011, 07:12   #1617
BHPian

Can someone please pm me contact details of a reliable Tata AIG agent in Mumbai.
Old 20th July 2011, 11:18   #1618
Distinguished - BHPian

Need a suggestion from Insurance gurus out here.

A friend of mine who owns a 5 year old Chevy Aveo had a minor accident on the expressway recently. Aparently there was a huge cement block on the middle of the expressway which they failed to see and the car went over it. The block scrapped the underbelly and probably did a bit of damage, but they could drive back the car to Pune.

Now while she's awaiting the local GM service center to have a look & come back with the estimate, what other options does she have? Initial estimate given is around 20k, which could go up as per them. I feel this would be far lesser if she goes with a non-GM but a reliable mechanic.

As per her, GM strictly forbids getting the parts/repairing done from outside mechanics. Also in her experience, spare parts are not available outside the GM service network, which I don't feel is correct. Any GM owners, please provide your inputs.

Her insurance is with New India, is there an option where she could get car repaired from outside (non-GM service), without going through the insurance company? Or does insurance company allow repairing through non-GM service centers? Am not very clear about how this works, hence I have put up the query here.
Old 20th July 2011, 20:07   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, We are on the same boat mate, I think Royal Sundaram is good.

I'm thinking of taking a 5000 Voluntary excess on my insurance policy for the RITZ VDI, the insurance premium is coming upto about 9200, Dealer is quoting me 14900

I never make small claims through insurance, only if my claim amount is above 10k or 15k i shall think about a claim, so i'll have to pay 5k from my pocket, rest the insurance guys will pay, Just taking a calculated risk, if i make a claim once in 4 years thats kool

I have royal sundaram on my alto from the last 4 years, i have made one claim of 12000, thats about it.

Do let me know which company you are deciding on.

Cheers
Old 20th July 2011, 20:15   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
I'm thinking of taking a 5000 Voluntary excess on my insurance policy for the RITZ VDI, the insurance premium is coming upto about 9200, Dealer is quoting me 14900
Can you explain what the 5000 voluntary excess means? . Where did you get your insurance quote from, thats a good price!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks