Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 13:38   #1636
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
Thanks a lot for the tip. I tried various online quotations but the IDV I am getting in all the places is something in the range of 4.6-4.8L. Now I am confused what should be the correct IDV for my car. In the current policy the IDV is 5.68L. Also the premiums are all upwards of 13K. Oh and I have made one claim on my policy last year.
Since you are in the second year of Insurance (first time renewing) the IDV should be around 15% less of the current ex showroom cost of the vehicle. If the IDV quoted online is less, then you will need to talk to customer support.

Regarding premium since you have a claim this year, it will be more atleast by 1.5-2K than the premium without any claim for the next year.
Old 6th August 2011, 16:12   #1637
BHPian

My car has got multiple scratches on the right side. Some heavy vehicle should have hit when my car was parked. I couldn't find the vehicle nor any witness. The scratches are on both doors and the fender on the right side.
Can I claim insurance? Are these types of repair covered?

Note: I don't have NCB, as there has been a claim already this year.
Old 8th August 2011, 00:37   #1638
Senior - BHPian

Yes you can. But if the scratches are minor and can be removed by just polishing, might be difficult to get it approved from the insurance company.
Old 8th August 2011, 15:21   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
My car has got multiple scratches on the right side. Some heavy vehicle should have hit when my car was parked...

Note: I don't have NCB, as there has been a claim already this year.
I guess it can be claimed as its a case of hit and run, and there shouldn't be any issue. NCB shouldn't matter here as you have already claimed and will not be able to claim the discount on next policy renewal. If possible have a word with SA at the work shop, they will help in putting up the clim.
Old 8th August 2011, 15:25   #1640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Yes you can. But if the scratches are minor and can be removed by just polishing, might be difficult to get it approved from the insurance company.
An enterprising SA will advise you to take a hammer there and then to bash the metal some more, and then file a claim.
the actual bashing will depend on your heart's string to your car.
Happened with me and my car's windshield.......he got to it before i understood what was happening.
but then that was a part that is in isolation.
Old 10th August 2011, 17:53   #1641
BHPian

Hi ,

What should be the premium for a 6 yr old Ford Ikon 1.3 car. Bajaj A is quoting 4425 for the 2011 to 2012 with car value as 2L. Is this a good deal ? What else I need to check?

Regards,
Gopi
Old 12th August 2011, 23:01   #1642
BHPian

What discounts do companies or rather agents in co-ordination with insurance companies offer on the Tarrif rating (on the IDV). I have been offered a revised rating of 1.72% versus the standard 3.440%. Is there any catch in this? Can you check your policies for this part and post back? Thanks.

Last edited by optimist : 12th August 2011 at 23:04.
Old 12th August 2011, 23:08   #1643

Need help in insuring my bike 2006 Honda Unicorn.
My previous insurance has expired in Mar, and I am got a quote of Rs1200 from Bajaj Allianz which I feel is too high.

Oriental insurance Kormangala branch refused stating that they do not renew any insurance taken from non-oriental co, even if was not looking for NCB.

Is there any way I can get a 3rd party insurance?
Old 14th August 2011, 13:09   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Need advise! My Polo's insurance is due to be renewed soon. Have had Royal Sundaram for the first year but didn't really have a good experience with them when I had met with an accident once. They were pretty slow in service and always quoted the wrong numbers.

So this time, I'm opting for Bharti Axa. Premium is Rs.15,000 (including add-on insurance that includes 100% cover of plastic parts) and 0% depriciation. So please advise me if this is a good option.

Last edited by theragingbull : 14th August 2011 at 13:10.
Old 14th August 2011, 13:31   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Need advise! My Polo's insurance is due to be renewed soon. Have had Royal Sundaram for the first year but didn't really have a good experience with them when I had met with an accident once. They were pretty slow in service and always quoted the wrong numbers.

So this time, I'm opting for Bharti Axa. Premium is Rs.15,000 (including add-on insurance that includes 100% cover of plastic parts) and 0% depriciation. So please advise me if this is a good option.
Pity that you had a bad experience with Royal Sundaram, but have they given you the renewal premium quote? Is it comparable with the Bharati Axa quote?

Bharati Axa is a relatively new player hence cant say much about them. When I was renewing the insurance last year I had contacted them since they dont have online quotes. Also the sales rep wasn't any keen on giving me the right quotes. Hence backed out of Bharati Axa.

Are these two the only ones you have contacted for quotes? I would suggest you to try Tata AIG, Bajaj but try to buy Insurance from the Company which has a cashless tie up with the VW workshop, helps a lot and saves you lot of hassles later.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2011, 14:33   #1646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Pity that you had a bad experience with Royal Sundaram, but have they given you the renewal premium quote? Is it comparable with the Bharati Axa quote?

Are these two the only ones you have contacted for quotes? I would suggest you to try Tata AIG, Bajaj but try to buy Insurance from the Company which has a cashless tie up with the VW workshop, helps a lot and saves you lot of hassles later.
Royal Sundaram is quoting the same premium. Tata AIG and ICICI are quoting 18,000/-. Royal Sundaram has been associated with VW since the start but I'm not happy with their service. That's why I am opting to get a new one.
Old 22nd August 2011, 13:22   #1647
BHPian

A basic question .How to know that which all Insurance companies have cashless settlement with the workshop ? When asked to the insurance help desk at the service center they might usually say the names of one which gives them higher commission.
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:23   #1648
Senior - BHPian

You can check with the insurance company directly which service centre's in your city they have cashless tieup with.
Old 26th August 2011, 16:17   #1649
BHPian

Has anyone tried L&T General Insurance? I'm getting a 45% discount on the premium for a 4 year old car in addition to the NCB. Should I go for it?
Old 26th August 2011, 16:31   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
A basic question .How to know that which all Insurance companies have cashless settlement with the workshop ? When asked to the insurance help desk at the service center they might usually say the names of one which gives them higher commission.
I am afraid, this is dealer specific as to which Insurance co are they tying up for cashless claims. Ask them to give the list of Insurer having cashless option in writing along with the quotes. Thats what I did and I took that info and compared the dealer insurance quotes with online quotes. Found the online quotes to be cheaper and hence opted for it.

Most Viewed