Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2011, 09:49   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

This may be slightly OT for this thread.

I saw an ad for a new general insurance co while browsing the TOI website - SBI General Insurance [at least new for me :-)]. It seems that car insurance is one of their offerings too.

Car Insurance, Motor Insurance, Auto and 4 wheeler Insurance, SBI General Insurance

However, I couldn't find any premium calculator link on their website to compare quotes with other providers. Has anyone on the forum used their services for policy renewal/fresh policy?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 1st September 2011, 01:18   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I am afraid, this is dealer specific as to which Insurance co are they tying up for cashless claims. Ask them to give the list of Insurer having cashless option in writing along with the quotes. Thats what I did and I took that info and compared the dealer insurance quotes with online quotes. Found the online quotes to be cheaper and hence opted for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
A basic question .How to know that which all Insurance companies have cashless settlement with the workshop ? When asked to the insurance help desk at the service center they might usually say the names of one which gives them higher commission.
I have the list for 3 insurers. Here they are:
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx HDFC Mumbai & Thane Cashless.xlsx (17.0 KB, 1140 views)
File Type: xlsx L & T Mumbai & Thane Cashless.xlsx (267.2 KB, 5335 views)
File Type: zip Bajaj A.zip (660.4 KB, 85 views)
aghosht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 17:24   #1653
BHPian

Insurance for my Beat (IDV ~ 3.15 approx) will be due for renewal this month. The cheapest quote received( after haggling) is Rs.6,093 from L&T considering a NCB and 45% discount. The company has cashless tie-up with the workshop. Is the quote reasonable?
Old 1st September 2011, 20:04   #1654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Insurance for my Beat (IDV ~ 3.15 approx) will be due for renewal this month. The cheapest quote received( after haggling) is Rs.6,093 from L&T considering a NCB and 45% discount. The company has cashless tie-up with the workshop. Is the quote reasonable?
L&T is a relatively new player in motor insurance. It is not clear about their after sales service. The website says the claims will be settled within 7 days, how much true, dont know. Hence the comparison of the quote can be done with the established players like Bajaj or TataAIG etc. Try getting quotes from them and then you can decide. To start with enquire with GM workshop about tie ups with Insurance companies for cashless claims. Then go about getting a quote from them and compare.
Old 8th September 2011, 19:50   #1655
BHPian

Vora-ji:

Yet another question for you and the benefit of others - in the picture below is it OK to say "NO" for question no. 10 since question no. 11 is "YES" and number of persons mentioned in policy schedule is 5. In effect - will a paid driver be covered for PA since 5 persons are mentioned and need not be specifically covered by saying "YES" in question 10.

This is an extract of the "coverage opted for" for a BA policy. Since policy has already been issued can I now insist that paid driver should also be given PA - if yes then what is the procedure of amendment? Thanks so much for your views.
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-baopted-.jpg  

Old 8th September 2011, 19:56   #1656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
Vora-ji:

Yet another question for you and the benefit of others - in the picture below is it OK to say "NO" for question no. 10 since question no. 11 is "YES" and number of persons mentioned in policy schedule is 5. In effect - will a paid driver be covered for PA since 5 persons are mentioned and need not be specifically covered by saying "YES" in question 10.

This is an extract of the "coverage opted for" for a BA policy. Since policy has already been issued can I now insist that paid driver should also be given PA - if yes then what is the procedure of amendment? Thanks so much for your views.
No the driver will not be counted as a passenger. If you have mentioned 5 passengers then that is excluding the driver. Does your car have 5 passenger seating capacity? If not then amend it to 4 and take the driver cover too. Answer question 10 as yes. If at all times the car will be driven by yourself then no need to take the PA for driver cover. Hope this helps.
Old 8th September 2011, 20:48   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
No the driver will not be counted as a passenger. If you have mentioned 5 passengers then that is excluding the driver. Does your car have 5 passenger seating capacity? If not then amend it to 4 and take the driver cover too. Answer question 10 as yes. If at all times the car will be driven by yourself then no need to take the PA for driver cover. Hope this helps.
In that case - if anyone else other than the owner driver or the paid driver is driving then there is no way that the insurance company is liable! Can it be read that way?
Old 9th September 2011, 11:04   #1658
Team-BHP Support

My Corsa's Insurance is up for renewal on 27th Oct. After watching the Policy Bazaar ad on TV, I thought I'd check it to compare the best Insurance deals.

Funny part - they don't have Opel listed as a manufacturer at all!

Wondering if I should continue with Iffco Tokio or look for a better provider (haven't claimed Insurance yet so no problems with Iffco Tokio so far).

Car : Opel Corsa Sail
Manufacture : 2005
Last premium : 5118

Any suggestions?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 9th September 2011 at 11:08.
Old 9th September 2011, 13:14   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In that case - if anyone else other than the owner driver or the paid driver is driving then there is no way that the insurance company is liable! Can it be read that way?
That is correct. I just browsed my Royal Sundaram policy and it says that the company is not liable to pay if the car is driven by anyone other that stated as owner driver/paid driver in the policy.

I would suggest to talk to the Insurance people directly and get a clarity on the subject matter.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 13:37   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
That is correct. I just browsed my Royal Sundaram policy and it says that the company is not liable to pay if the car is driven by anyone other that stated as owner driver/paid driver in the policy.

I would suggest to talk to the Insurance people directly and get a clarity on the subject matter.
Thats mayhem! Let me check the ones I have and come back.
Old 13th September 2011, 09:48   #1661
Senior - BHPian

Last year, I have paid Rs.12,750 towards Insurance for my ford fiesta (purchased on sept,2009). The next premium is due on few days and they (National Insurance) quotiing me the premium amount as Rs.12,689/-(not recieved any break-up so far). When I asked to clarify why almost same amount of last year is been quoted again and the reason given by them is that the premium charges are increased by 25% by all insurance companies.

Is this correct?
Old 13th September 2011, 10:04   #1662
Senior - BHPian

When my new car i10 for my wife was purchased last year we bought a zero depreciation insurance from bajaj Alliance. While renewal I get a renewal letter which doesn't talk of the zero depreciation and the insurance premium is far less. Does zero depreciation insurance can be carried forward to year 2,3 and so on?

thanks,
DF
Old 13th September 2011, 13:24   #1663
BHPian

Quote:

That's a subject matter of IMT -15 endorsement. Here's the wording of IMT - 15:

PERSONAL ACCIDENT COVER TO THE INSURED OR ANY NAMED PERSON OTHER THAN PAID DRIVER OR CLEANER
In consideration of the payment of an additional premium it is hereby agreed and understood that the Company undertakes to pay compensation on the scale provided below for bodily injury as hereinafter defined sustained by the insured person in direct connection with the vehicle insured or whilst mounting and dismounting from or traveling in vehicle insured and caused by violent accidental external and visible means which independently of any other cause shall within six calendar months of the occurrence of such injury result in:-
Details of Injury Scale of Compensation ...

Provided always that...
Old 13th September 2011, 13:26   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Thats mayhem! Let me check the ones I have and come back.
I have the following endorsements (see pic) from Bharti for one of my cars. Missing out on IMT - 17: PA cover for Paid Driver. Trying to get that endorsed as well. Is there any place I can get the wording of the endorsements no. 67, 68, 69, 70 and 100?
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-bharti.jpg  

Last edited by aghosht : 13th September 2011 at 13:28. Reason: correction
Old 15th September 2011, 17:06   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Query on claiming own damage/un accounted damage

Hi members,

I have a query regarding claiming insurance for my car. Yesterday, I left my car outside the TacoBell outlet on Koramangala inner-ring road to grab some snack food. When I return after about ~20 minutes, I see a bump-dent on my car's bonnet and the Skoda logo dented inwards [into the plastic grill]. There were bikes parked near the cars but I couldn't identify who would have done it or had someone bumped the car and rode off.

I don't want to live with the dent on the bonnet and grill, so I'm going to claim insurance. Now, i have also inherited lots of scratches and a huge paint chip on the rear bumber and a lot of paint scrapped scratches on the left doors of the car [a half broken beer bottle was hit by my tyre and was came hurtling towards the car doors and did the damage. This was a considerable while back and I wasn't motivated to claim insurance at that time, as I kept travelling frequently, on work.

I have no idea who put the paint scrapping scratches and paint dent chips on the rear bumper, as they did not happen when i was driving the car. Can I claim for these scratches and scrapes to be worked under the same claim from yesterday, stating own damage or unaccounted damage?

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Cheers,
ajay K

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks