Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 08:47   #1696
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
Need the experts opinion on an insurance claim for my 4 year old Santro.

A speeding truck on the highway caused some loose gravel to fly and hit my windshield. The windshield now has 2 big cracks and I fear that the windshield might fall apart any moment.

My insurance is due for renewal this Dec. Should i avoid claiming insurance and spend from my pocket to get it fixed or do I claim for the insurance and lose the NCB..

Please suggest..
If the cost of the windshield repairs is less than the NCB amount which you can save during the next renewal, then pay from the pocket otherwise claim Insurance. Coz once you claim Insurance anyways your premium is going to increase for the next year.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 12:18   #1697
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hi guys. I would be taking the delivery of my new altis this month end and decided to get the 0% dep policy from tata aig as the dealer quoted insurance was priced way too high. I was looking at the 4 packages of Tata Aig and decided to go for the pearl package. The main difference between this and the top end platinum package is mainly the " Return to Invoice" feature. I wanted to seek some clarification on this and know where all does this actually apply? Does it apply also if my car gets stolen? Or applicable only when its an accidental case beyond repair?

If it includes returning to invoice in case of a theft then I will be willing to go for this. Otherwise Will buy pearl. Please advice.
From what I read, the policy wordings doesn't mention theft. It mentions Total Loss or Constructive Total Loss. So i am assuming theft is not covered.

You should also look at Bajaj Allianz and Future Generali as they offer engine cover as well which Tata doesn't offer.
Old 29th September 2011, 12:45   #1698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
platinum package is mainly the " Return to Invoice" feature. I wanted to seek some clarification on this and know where all does this actually apply? Does it apply also if my car gets stolen? Or applicable only when its an accidental case beyond repair?

If it includes returning to invoice in case of a theft then I will be willing to go for this. Otherwise Will buy pearl. Please advice.
No this add on feature does not cover theft and is applicable only in case of Total Loss.

However the policy document/feature talks about "The cover also pays first time registration charges and road tax on the insured vehicle. Cover is available for vehicles up to 3 years old". Is this true - will Tata AIG refund the registration charges and road tax paid for a vehicle insured with the "Return to invoice" add on but declared as total loss OR simply refund the amounts when Insurance is purchased with Tata AIG. Can you confirm that with the AIG rep for us please?
Old 29th September 2011, 20:46   #1699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
No this add on feature does not cover theft and is applicable only in case of Total Loss.

However the policy document/feature talks about "The cover also pays first time registration charges and road tax on the insured vehicle. Cover is available for vehicles up to 3 years old". Is this true - will Tata AIG refund the registration charges and road tax paid for a vehicle insured with the "Return to invoice" add on but declared as total loss OR simply refund the amounts when Insurance is purchased with Tata AIG. Can you confirm that with the AIG rep for us please?
Sorry I did not understand your query.

BTW according to my agent( who has been trustworthy till date) said that return to invoice also covers theft. I haven't yet seen the policy but.

Secondly return to invoice means the company will return me the OTR price. He specified it.
Old 29th September 2011, 21:12   #1700
BHPian

i had a policy with Tata AIG for my car valid till 08 Sep 11. i had not claimed anything till i sold my car on 05 aug 11. after the old insurance was cancelled by the buyer, he got the car transferred and obtained a new policy for the car. now after i submitted all the relevant documents to Tata AIG for reserving my NCB, they tell me its not possible to give me my certificate as i have not completed 1 year with them. is this justified? if this were right, does this mean you always have to sell your car only after the insured year is over? isn't this ridiculous? i request for guidance from members with past experience.
NOTE; this was the second year of my car and i did not have an ncb for the first year.
Old 29th September 2011, 21:40   #1701
BANNED

need to insure the passat, which is a decent insurance company right now and any numbers to them ?
Old 29th September 2011, 22:05   #1702
BHPian

I don't know if it has been answered here before. Is a Zero Dep policy worth the extra amount that i will end up paying ?

I have an i20 which is due for Insurance renewal one month from now. I currently have a standard Bajaj Allianz policy and i have also made a claim once. So no NCB.

Would it make a better choice to go for the Zero Dep policy ? I remember having paid around 15k for insurance when i got the car an year back.

On paper , The zero dep policy does look good. I have one more query. I have installed a pretty expensive ICE system (around 70k), Can i cover that by paying an extra premium ? Will there be a complete replacement in case of theft or do they pay only a part of what it was worth since i lost the used ICE parts ?

Thanks in advance
Old 30th September 2011, 00:44   #1703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post

NOTE; this was the second year of my car and i did not have an ncb for the first year.
Its not clear if the 1st year policy was with Tata AIG or not.

You need to have one claims free Calender Year/12 months with one insurer to earn NCB.

So if you have had a 1st year with out any calims with the Tata AIG, and continued the 2nd year with Tata AIG, then you are eligible for NCB (what ever % is due for 1st year).

If you had changed your insurer begining of 2nd year then you are not eligible for NCB.

Hope this helps

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 07:50   #1704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry I did not understand your query.

BTW according to my agent( who has been trustworthy till date) said that return to invoice also covers theft. I haven't yet seen the policy but.

Secondly return to invoice means the company will return me the OTR price. He specified it.
I am sorry if I have not been clear. My queries are related to the "Return to the Invoice" feature/addon which Tata AIG sells along with the normal Insurannce cover. I was reading the Tata AIG policy wordings and was confused what they meant by the "The cover also pays first time registration charges and road tax on the insured vehicle. Cover is available for vehicles up to 3 years old" mentioned as a sub feature of the "Return of the Invoice" feature. Can you get some more information about the same.

I dont know how the agent is saying it covers theft when the policy document does not say so. Please recheck the same.
Old 30th September 2011, 08:57   #1705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I am sorry if I have not been clear. My queries are related to the "Return to the Invoice" feature/addon which Tata AIG sells along with the normal Insurannce cover. I was reading the Tata AIG policy wordings and was confused what they meant by the "The cover also pays first time registration charges and road tax on the insured vehicle. Cover is available for vehicles up to 3 years old" mentioned as a sub feature of the "Return of the Invoice" feature. Can you get some more information about the same.

I dont know how the agent is saying it covers theft when the policy document does not say so. Please recheck the same.
Hmm well let me check the policy wordings. I have just got the Cover note as of now. Return to Invoice surely means that they will give you even the registration charge n road tax ie they will return you the full OTR price of the car according to your Invoice.

Let me get the policy papers and I will clarify on the point regarding theft. These agents can say anything to seal the deal. Either way though I felt that paying 3k extra for the "Return to Invoice" feature was justified. You never know when you might need to use it.
Right now I am kind off too excited with the new car to worry about the insurance
Old 7th October 2011, 11:07   #1706
BHPian

Hi,
I am trying to renew my policy and I have got the following quotes:

Tata AIG: (My current policy is with them)
IDV: Rs. 2,60,000
Quote: Rs. 4,881
NCB: 45%

Bajaj Allianz
IDV: Rs. 3,24,000
Quote: Rs. 4,935
NCB: 45%

My queries are:
  1. I would like to know, how is it that there is such a large difference in the IDV calculated by the two companies.
  2. And also, the Bajaj quote certainly looks more lucrative with the IDV. Is there something else I need to look out for to ensure that I am getting the best deal
Old 10th October 2011, 19:01   #1707
BHPian

Need some info-

I have bajaj Allianz Insurance for my car. My car will finish 5 years this Oct 18th. Last year the IDV was 2.03 Lakhs. But when i went for online renewal it shows IDV for 2011-2012 as 1.66.

I want to know what is the IDV depreciation per year. I know that we can increase the IDV by 15% of what the insurance company has recommended.
Old 10th October 2011, 20:43   #1708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
Need some info-

I have bajaj Allianz Insurance for my car. My car will finish 5 years this Oct 18th. Last year the IDV was 2.03 Lakhs. But when i went for online renewal it shows IDV for 2011-2012 as 1.66.

I want to know what is the IDV depreciation per year. I know that we can increase the IDV by 15% of what the insurance company has recommended.
I think it has to be a minimum of 10% decrease over last yr's IDV.
Old 10th October 2011, 22:02   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Hi team,my swift has arrived at the dealer but due to pitru paksha I am taking delivery on 28th. I would be taking insurance on my own,as dealer is giving costlier.
What is the quote that you got from the dealer ?

I got a quote of 15.5K from the dealer , however he indicated that I would not be able to opt for the 0% depreciation policy even when I was willing to pay for the additional amount. Need to discuss further on that, since delivery would be around December (Expected) so not in a lot of hurry.
Did you check if the 0 depreciation could be taken from the dealer ?

Are you getting the quotes online or have you approached any insurance agent ?
Old 11th October 2011, 07:58   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSD View Post
What is the quote that you got from the dealer ?

I got a quote of 15.5K from the dealer , however he indicated that I would not be able to opt for the 0% depreciation policy even when I was willing to pay for the additional amount. Need to discuss further on that, since delivery would be around December (Expected) so not in a lot of hurry.
Did you check if the 0 depreciation could be taken from the dealer ?

Are you getting the quotes online or have you approached any insurance agent ?
I had a quote of 16.5k from the dealer.I researched online and got insurance from Hdfc Ergo online for 12000. payable in 3 installments
since I have a credit card from Hdfc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks