Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:52   #1741
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Hi People,

I have a Maruti 800 which 2001 model, the car insurance expired in Sep 2011, but its only today i realized that i need to renew my policy .

Now when i inquired with the company, no one is ready to insure the car, as its more than 8 years old.

Future Genrali, said they will insure it but at a price of Rs 4,500, which is ridiculus for a 2001.

kindly suggest the way out.

Thanks

Amit
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:08   #1742
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hi People,

I have a Maruti 800 which 2001 model, the car insurance expired in Sep 2011, but its only today i realized that i need to renew my policy .

Now when i inquired with the company, no one is ready to insure the car, as its more than 8 years old.

Future Genrali, said they will insure it but at a price of Rs 4,500, which is ridiculus for a 2001.

Thanks

Amit
Ask quote for just a 3rd party insurance - that will be cheaper. It doesn't make sense getting the full insurance for a 10 year old car.

Note that if you have just a 3rd party insurance, you won't get any money if the car is stolen. You also won't get reimbursed for any accident repairs.
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:05   #1743
BHPian

Get it insured from Nationalized Insurance companies like National, Oriental, United India etc. They will give you comprehensive policy without any extra charge - no question asked. I did that for my old Zen (11 year old).
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hi People,

Thanks

Amit
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:36   #1744
BHPian

Many thanks Archat, somebody suggested me the same today.

Thanks ones again buddy.

Amit
Old 23rd November 2011, 00:20   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Call the helpline , they should be able to help.

Have been trying that from past 2 days, but unable to reach their customer support.
Also waiting for the reply to my mail.
Old 23rd November 2011, 02:09   #1746
BHPian

I have a question about insurance - say for example I go for alloys from a dealer, and that is not part of the standard fitment in the current variant but its the standard on a higher variant, will that be covered under insurance? If not, is there any option to add it to the insurance while buying the car?
Old 23rd November 2011, 10:40   #1747
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-hul View Post
Guys,
Today I got insurance for my i20 renewed with Bajaj Allianz online. But I've entered my vehicle registration number wrong. Is it possible to change the reg number now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-hul View Post
Have been trying that from past 2 days, but unable to reach their customer support.
Also waiting for the reply to my mail.
If it is a renewal, ideally you shouldn't be able to change any details pertaining to the vehicle.

When I renew my Corsa's Insurance online with Iffco-Tokio, all I can change are my contact and address details. Details like vehicle no., chasis no., engine no. etc are all grayed out.
Old 23rd November 2011, 10:56   #1748
Team-BHP Support

My Car is insured from General Sompo Insurance company. I paid Rs. 15,402 for first year insurance premium. I am looking forward to renew it and as per the showroom staff, Ford has tied up with Sompo for cash-less insurance. True?

If not which company provides insurance facility (cash-less) for Ford and what amount should I look forward to pay as premium for the 2nd year?

^ I heard about sompo for the first time ever.
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:28   #1749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th!ru View Post
I have a question about insurance - say for example I go for alloys from a dealer, and that is not part of the standard fitment in the current variant but its the standard on a higher variant, will that be covered under insurance? If not, is there any option to add it to the insurance while buying the car?
You have the option of declaring the values of accessories fitted in the car and getting them insured as well. You will be charged a higher premium though.
Old 23rd November 2011, 14:55   #1750
BHPian

Lateral upgrade - insurance transfer/renewal query

I have bought a seconds Civic this year around June end. I got the ownership transferred through RTO now only.
Am yet to initiate transfer of Insurance in my name.
The insurance is about to expire in 15 days.

Should I have to transfer and then renew the insurance or directly renew the insurance?

Also, the previous owner had NCB on the insurance for the car, and has moved out of country. He is willing to sign, scan and send anydocs so that I can use the NCB. Is there a way I can use the NCB ?
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:22   #1751
Team-BHP Support

Sorry Kumar, but NCB is not transferable.
In fact you car's insurance is for all purposes non-existant. There is no coverage on it as the RC book has your name and the insurance policy has the previous owners name.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 19:45   #1752
BHPian

My car is due for the first insurance renewal this month end. My current insurer is Oriental Insurance. I am not satisfied with this since it doesn't have wide service provider network and I faced problems last year.
This year I have got quote from following companies:
TATA AIG Pearl Plan - Rs. 20834/-
ICICI Zero Depreciation - Rs. 18074/-
New India Comprehensive Policy - Rs. 15743/-

TATA AIG is the costliest one. There is different of ~3K between TATA AIG and ICICI Lombard. IDV value and other add-ons are same. But ICICI reviews are not that great on this forum. New India being a nationalized company, should not have any hassles during claims. But it doesn't have Zero Depreciation option.
Need suggestions on this
Old 23rd November 2011, 20:55   #1753
Team-BHP Support

Re: Lateral upgrade - insurance transfer/renewal query

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumaravelS View Post
I have bought a seconds Civic this year around June end. I got the ownership transferred through RTO now only.
Am yet to initiate transfer of Insurance in my name.
The insurance is about to expire in 15 days.

Should I have to transfer and then renew the insurance or directly renew the insurance?
You should be able to do either.

I bought a 2nd hand CBZ while in college. The purchase and Insurance expiry were close by; when I went for renewal (New India Assurance), the bike was still in the previous owner's name. The Insurance was renewed and the policy was issued in my name. (I was given displeasing looks by the officer though!)

It would be best to consult your Insurance provider about this.

But yes, as bblost mentioned, if the RC has your name and the Insurance the previous owners, you car is not covered under Insurance.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 14:10   #1754
Senior - BHPian

I am new to insurance stuff! But I need to renew my i20's insurance!

She's a December 2009 manufactured model and my current Tata AIG will expire on 6 December 2011!

I dont have any idea how to compare different insurance companies! I just want to get my car insured from a company that has a widespread network all over Delhi and NCR or even outside and offers hassle free claims with quick inspection etc.

I dont care about NCBs, though it would be good to have some returns(), but I prefer a more fluid and quick claim process with roadside assistance and towing services along with a good all round cover!!

Please advise guys!

Last edited by sohail99 : 24th November 2011 at 14:12.
Old 24th November 2011, 14:37   #1755
BHPian

Hello,
I had sold my i10 and bought a Fluence.
I got 35% NCB on the i10 insurance(Reliance).
I have paid Rs 40,000/ for the Fluence insurance. I then gave them (Royal Sundaram Insurance) the NCB letter. But finally i got a return chq of only Rs 8400/ Why is that so?
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks