F50
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Is it possible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Check with your insurance company. IIRC, the NCB certificate is valid for 1 year or remaining insurance period, whichever is lesser.
Correct. Obtain the NCB certificate from the company after showing the sale of of the car. And its valid for 1 year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post

IDV: 812693.6
Base premium (vehicle+non-electrical accessories): Rs. 19585.92
Less 20.00% for NCB: -3917.18
Depreciation Reimbursement: 3169.51
Loss of personal belongings: 110
Emergency transport and hotel expenses: 110
Key Replacement: 265
TOTAL LIABILITY PREMIUM: 3003.0
TOTAL PREMIUM: 25086.0

Does this sound fair?
Looks good. Tata AIG Zero Dep offers very good features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Here is a renewal quote from Tata AIG for my 6 yrs old Honda City. Can the gurus comment on the offer.
5074/- is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I am about to finalize the policy renewal for my City (June '10, currently with Bajaj Allianz).

Now I was checking the quotes on policybazaar (Considering a comprehensive policy); HDFC and Bharti AXA are within a few hundred rupees of each other (~Rs. 13800) followed by Iffco Tokio and Bajaj Allianz.

1) Now among the advantages of HDFC Ergo is Online Claim Tracking while the rest have 24X7 Claim Support. Does it mean, the others are more convenient?

2) The HDFC policy has a basic premium of ~Rs. 16k and no discount while the others have a basic premium of ~Rs. 19k and then a Rs. 3k discount. Any particular reason, advantage/disadvantage of this?

3) The executive from policybazaar suggested HDFC Ergo or Bharti AXA for a comprehensive policy and Bharti AXA or Tata AIG should I decide for a zero-dep. I know they have their own commissions to think about but is the preference a general opinion?

I'd appreciate your views.
Out of the given 4 options, I would stick to Bajaj Allianz.

1. All are different gimmicks. Usually all the companies take couple of days settle a straight forward claim.

2. HDFC might be using a discount rating whereas others are using base rates and then deducting the discount. In short, all are same.

3. Regular Comprehensive Policy - I would rate Bajaj, Tata, HDFC, AXA
Zero Dep Policy - Bajaj, Tata, HDFC (Bajaj should be the most expensive but unparalleled coverages followed by Tata)
F50 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 08:56   #2057
BHPian

Guys,

Does the address on the Vehicle Insurance need to match the address on the RC Book?
Old 5th June 2012, 12:09   #2058
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Guys,

Does the address on the Vehicle Insurance need to match the address on the RC Book?
Yes. Every detail should match from Name, Address, Make, Model, CC, Year, Fuel etc
Old 5th June 2012, 12:57   #2059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Yes. Every detail should match from Name, Address, Make, Model, CC, Year, Fuel etc
So if there is a change of address does it mean that it needs to be changed in the RC too apart from the Insurance policy? Do Insurance cos allow changes to the address in the middle of the policy year? What is the normal process for changing the address details in RC if at all that needs to be changed to? What documents are required?
Old 5th June 2012, 15:39   #2060
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
So if there is a change of address does it mean that it needs to be changed in the RC too apart from the Insurance policy? Do Insurance cos allow changes to the address in the middle of the policy year? What is the normal process for changing the address details in RC if at all that needs to be changed to? What documents are required?
Yes companies do allow mid year changes.

Need to submit proof of new address to insurance company. They'll pass an endorsement which has to be submitted in the RTO for the change in RC.
F50 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 17:12   #2061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Check with your insurance company. IIRC, the NCB certificate is valid for 1 year or remaining insurance period, whichever is lesser.
Thanks, Can this NCB certificate transferrable to another vendor. Like if I have insurance from Tata now and later in my new car can I take insurance from Bajaj.
Old 5th June 2012, 18:04   #2062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Thanks, Can this NCB certificate transferrable to another vendor. Like if I have insurance from Tata now and later in my new car can I take insurance from Bajaj.
Yes, NCB can be transferred between vendors.
abdriver2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 18:23   #2063
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Yes companies do allow mid year changes.

Need to submit proof of new address to insurance company. They'll pass an endorsement which has to be submitted in the RTO for the change in RC.
Priyank- as far as I know, you can maintain a "correspondence address" different from the registered address and avoid all this hassle. Am I right?
Old 6th June 2012, 10:54   #2064
Senior - BHPian

I am back

iDV quoted for 7Lacs

Tata AiG = 16,871/- (I am currently with them and so the agents not extending discounts)
ICICI Lombard = 15000/-

Do you think this is a good deal for 0 depreciation policy? For June 2010 model Honda City.

Thank you!
Old 6th June 2012, 10:57   #2065
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I am back

iDV quoted for 7Lacs

Tata AiG = 16,871/- (I am currently with them and so the agents not extending discounts)
ICICI Lombard = 15000/-

Do you think this is a good deal for 0 depreciation policy? For June 2010 model Honda City.

Thank you!
My June '10 City is with Tata AIG too. I spoke to the agent, he quoted the same figures - and I'm not sure if this was for a zero-dep policy. In fact, even online quotes on policybazaar mention Tata AIG much higher.

However, for a normal policy, online renewal quote on Tata AIG website is coming to ~ Rs. 11k.

I'm super confused! Current policy expires on 20th June.
Old 6th June 2012, 11:23   #2066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

My June '10 City is with Tata AIG too. I spoke to the agent, he quoted the same figures - and I'm not sure if this was for a zero-dep policy. In fact, even online quotes on policybazaar mention Tata AIG much higher.

However, for a normal policy, online renewal quote on Tata AIG website is coming to ~ Rs. 11k.

I'm super confused! Current policy expires on 20th June.
Exact same date for me
Normal policy is for 11k that is correct but that is with 47.5 % discount from ICICI on 7 lac value.

Tata is at 6,22,000 something. So I guess I will take up the 7 lac IDV and bite the bullet with ICICI. What say? Should I try a group discount
Old 6th June 2012, 11:25   #2067
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Exact same date for me
Normal policy is for 11k that is correct but that is with 47.5 % discount from ICICI on 7 lac value.

Tata is at 6,22,000 something. So I guess I will take up the 7 lac IDV and bite the bullet with ICICI. What say? Should I try a group discount
Lol!

I think I'll just continue with the Rs. 11k quote for normal policy with Tata AIG.
Old 6th June 2012, 12:38   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

Lol!

I think I'll just continue with the Rs. 11k quote for normal policy with Tata AIG.
But what's the IDV?
Tata is the Expensive version of all. I can see ICICI giving you a better quote for normal policy.
Old 6th June 2012, 13:03   #2069
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But what's the IDV?
Tata is the Expensive version of all. I can see ICICI giving you a better quote for normal policy.
IDV is 5.41 lakhs.

The best quote is by HDFC Ergo and Bharti AXA IIRC. At least on policybazaar, their premium is Rs. 14k while Tata AIG is Rs. 16k.

What are you proceeding with?
Old 6th June 2012, 13:15   #2070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But what's the IDV?
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
IDV is 5.41 lakhs.

The best quote is by HDFC Ergo and Bharti AXA IIRC. At least on policybazaar, their premium is Rs. 14k while Tata AIG is Rs. 16k.

What are you proceeding with?
Is the premium same on the Tata AIG website too? Sticking to only Policy bazaar rates as reference is not a good idea. It will be worthwhile to spare some time and get the quotes from Insurers website directly.

I hope you guys are closing in on those Insurers only with whom the workshop has cashless scheme options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks