Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2012, 16:10   #2101

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

@bluevolt
Standard Procedure. I claimed United India on my SX4 last year. The garage did not have cashless. I had to give my license to them and got it back after a week.
Reg. payment it is standard as well. If your insurance is United you can expect the check to reach you via courier within a month.
If its Oriental, you give them a cancelled check and they electronically transfer the amount within a week.

Btw I'm sorry for the i10 but I would like to give you a bit of free advice anyway Looking at the condition of the car I wouldn't have claimed insurance in the first year itself as the damage is pretty minimum. But I can understand how some people like their cars to look showroom fresh though its a tad difficult in India. Hope it gets fixed soon!
anjanravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 16:12   #2102

@F50
this is not cashless. There is only 1 Nissan workshop in the City! Plus it'll be a hassle to move the car as the axle is broken.
Old 15th June 2012, 09:00   #2103
Team-BHP Support

Just renewed my 2010 City's insurance policy.

Tata AIG, Zero-dep for 14221.

The earlier policy was a comprehensive with Tata AIG.

The zero dep policy is valid for 2 claims only.
Old 15th June 2012, 11:28   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Just renewed my 2010 City's insurance policy.

Tata AIG, Zero-dep for 14221.

The earlier policy was a comprehensive with Tata AIG.

The zero dep policy is valid for 2 claims only.
You were to go for the normal Insurance policy from Tata AIG ( as per your earlier post for premium of 11K), what made you to change your mind and go for zero dep. What was the IDV? Did you buy online?

I guess Tata also offers the zero dep for the first three years of vehicle purchase or is it different?
Old 15th June 2012, 13:34   #2105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You were to go for the normal Insurance policy from Tata AIG ( as per your earlier post for premium of 11K), what made you to change your mind and go for zero dep. What was the IDV? Did you buy online?

I guess Tata also offers the zero dep for the first three years of vehicle purchase or is it different?
A little thinking, Gurgaon traffic and only a 3k diff. Made us change our mind.

The policy was renewed online; there wasn't any inspection. IDV is 6.5 iirc.

As per Tata AIG, zero dep policy can be purchased up to car's 3rd insurance renewal, do basically up to end of first 4yrs.
Old 15th June 2012, 14:00   #2106
Senior - BHPian

Please refer to this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2808086

It's two days and no one from United India insurance has came to survey my car (i10) yet.

The SA advisor says that these government companies takes lot of time and delay is beyond their control. He says if some one don't come today then survey will be delayed till Monday as Sat/Sundays are off. They have no phone number and contact via emails only!

What can be done now?
Old 15th June 2012, 15:21   #2107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjanravi View Post
I spoke to Sherif Nissan after reading your post and they say that insurance will cough up 80% of the painting charges. I know the charge is exorbitant but I think I'll have to get it done by them only as they are willing to pay a decent portion.
I thought I would be getting 100% for my headlamps and foglamps but you just reminded me that they could be plastic parts as well! In that case I'll ask them not to add the foglamps as they are super expensive. 15000Rs and even if insurance pays 50% I'll have to pay 7500. I want to finish this as cheaply as possible and the lack of foglamps is not going to affect my driving
It is still possible for you to try and get work done at two places, I guess.
Since the car cannot be moved, I guess the mechanical aspects need to be fixed at Sherif Nissan first.
I suggest talk to the surveyor and see if he can suggest something to bring down the costs (like getting all painting done somewhere else where they have a tie-up)

Just for comparison, the cost of Skoda Rapid's hood is Rs. 5300 + tax and the painting charges is Rs. 4500 + tax.
Clearly in you case the bonnet painting charges are exorbitant.
Perhaps, you can escalate this to the Nissan authorities.
Old 16th June 2012, 01:12   #2108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantbsutar View Post
Have a query, may have been answered but the volume of searching pages and my inability to get a proper search result means i need to post this
1. I understand that if i buy a used car and renew the insurance, the NCB is not valid. However if i have TRANSFERRED the insurance from previous owner, then when renewing i should get? Or looking at the previous years policy/RC book they would know its an ownership transfer and not give NCB?
2. Is there much use of bumper to bumper policy, is it worth the extra money?
If the car was a transfer from company to individual and there is a letter for transfer of insurance which ALSO says that there is no objection to have the NO CLAIM BONUS transferred to the buyer, will that work?
Old 16th June 2012, 12:54   #2109
BHPian

I have a query on motorcycle insurance.

@Mods: Tried searching in others threads but couldn't find it. Please merge it with motorbikes thread if it doesn't fit in this section.

I have a Honda Unicorn 2007 model and have been consistently getting chalans by traffic police for my bike not being insured. When I ask them why should a 5 year old bike be insured they do not give me any answers other than telling me that "Saar, it is a rule" that's it.

Following are my questions :

1. Is it really worthy to insure a 5 year old bike ?

2. Is the 2 wheeler insurance same to that of 4 wheeler insurance, I mean if the bike unfortunately undergoes any damage will that be taken care ? I agree plastic parts won't but what about the other metal components ?

3. If it is purely for the law can we go for third party insurance ?

Request all the gurus to clear this cloud of confusion.

Cheers,
Abhi
Old 16th June 2012, 14:32   #2110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post

2. Is the 2 wheeler insurance same to that of 4 wheeler insurance, I mean if the bike unfortunately undergoes any damage will that be taken care ? I agree plastic parts won't but what about the other metal components ?

As per law, you have to have insurance for the bike. And 5yrs is extremely less to wonder if it is worth it.

Insurance will cover a 2 wheeler just as it covers a 4wheeler, subject to policy guidelines.

Yep, I think you can go purely for a third party claim policy.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 14:35   #2111
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post

1) Yes why not?

2) Yes, you can get a comprehensive bike policy as well.

3) It is a law that your car/bike cannot be plying on the road without insurance. Minimum insurance required is third party insurance.

Please get your bike insured. 400 odd bucks won't hurt you and it is less compared to the number of fines you have paid.
F50 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 00:55   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjanravi View Post
Here is the estimate. @bluevolt. check part 19 for the price of hood.
You are right Ravi, the parts come unpainted from Hyundai too. Please refer to this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2815717
Old 21st June 2012, 23:07   #2113
BHPian

I recently had a fall on my R15, which is a 6 month old bike. There were scratches on the left fairing, which was promptly replaced by the service center, and they took all the necessary documents from me for the insurance claim (cost me 9k in total).

The service manager there says that the insurance company (United India) will credit the amount due to me in a week's time. I have already paid the amount up front, and had handed over a cancelled cheque and a copy of my passbook to him for my account number details.

Just wanted to know if this is how the process works, in general? Do they really refund the amount in a week? (The manager said that they'll refund the entire amount, though I am not really buying that)
Old 21st June 2012, 23:10   #2114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Just wanted to know if this is how the process works, in general? Do they really refund the amount in a week? (The manager said that they'll refund the entire amount, though I am not really buying that)
Yes it's like this only, same case as mine.

Read this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2808086
Old 21st June 2012, 23:20   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Yes it's like this only, same case as mine.

Read this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2808086
Any idea if United India electronically transfers the cash, or if they hand over a cheque? (I sincerely hope it's the former)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks