Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2012, 23:31   #2116
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Any idea if United India electronically transfers the cash, or if they hand over a cheque? (I sincerely hope it's the former)
They will transfer the amount to the bank account mentioned in cancelled cheque directly.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 20:21   #2117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
They will transfer the amount to the bank account mentioned in cancelled cheque directly.
Any idea what the cycle time is? I was told that it is one week. Any ideas on this?
Old 26th June 2012, 14:57   #2118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Any idea what the cycle time is? I was told that it is one week. Any ideas on this?
I am told that it takes around 7-15 days for them to send money to my account.
Old 30th June 2012, 12:48   #2119
BHPian

Hi,

I am holding a insurance policy from Bajaj alliaz, for a 2009 model Ford Fiesta, to renew the policy for the 4th year bajaj is quoting 13.5K wheras i am getting a better deal from policy bazar (bharthi axa) for 10.3 K, is it advisable to get the policy through policy bazar?
Old 30th June 2012, 21:58   #2120
Senior - BHPian

Guys my inusrance with Future Generaly expires tommorow ie 1 july .I have renewed insurance with SBI which starts from 2 july. My car met with a accident today and i am not sure to which co i should approach for a claim .Need a answer fast on this one please.

thanks.
Old 30th June 2012, 22:44   #2121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Guys my inusrance with Future Generaly expires tommorow ie 1 july .I have renewed insurance with SBI which starts from 2 july. My car met with a accident today and i am not sure to which co i should approach for a claim .Need a answer fast on this one please.

thanks.
If the accident is minor then you can go ahead with SBI after waiting for 2-3 days but if it is major accident involving FIR etc then you have no option except future generally.
Old 30th June 2012, 22:53   #2122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the accident is minor then you can go ahead with SBI after waiting for 2-3 days but if it is major accident involving FIR etc then you have no option except future generally.
A truck rammed into the rear door of my Civic and sped off.Nobody was hurt and i was not able to note the truck's no etc and have also not filed a FIR.I guess i wouldn't call it a major accident but the damage is to the tune of 20k.
Old 1st July 2012, 00:18   #2123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A truck rammed into the rear door of my Civic and sped off.Nobody was hurt and i was not able to note the truck's no etc and have also not filed a FIR.I guess i wouldn't call it a major accident but the damage is to the tune of 20k.
I too had an minor accident http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2804122.

I waited for 3-4 days to notice any police activity and gave the car for insurance claim. I mentioned the date of accident same as the date of handling over the car to insurance guys. But I mentioned the same cause of accident/place. They will hardly read that, it's just a formality. In my case damage was around 11K. So you can go ahead the way you want.

Problem arises when there is any FIR/Hospital thingy etc.
Old 1st July 2012, 07:27   #2124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too had an minor accident http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2804122.

I waited for 3-4 days to notice any police activity and gave the car for insurance claim. I mentioned the date of accident same as the date of handling over the car to insurance guys. But I mentioned the same cause of accident/place. They will hardly read that, it's just a formality. In my case damage was around 11K. So you can go ahead the way you want.

Problem arises when there is any FIR/Hospital thingy etc.
thanks bluevolt 1 more query.If i were to make claim how much will my NCB will be deducted ? My premium is 10.8 K, so how much rise can i expect in my next renewal.For instance FG has a renewal premium of ~ 13.5 K but their renewal letter which was sent to me stated that incase of a claim i would have to shell out ~21.5K next time as permium. Would my SBI premium also increase to the same level ? My car was bought used and is a 2007 model.

thanks.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 1st July 2012 at 07:30.
Old 1st July 2012, 12:04   #2125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks bluevolt 1 more query.If i were to make claim how much will my NCB will be deducted ? .
Sorry mate, No idea about NCB. I didn't asked about NCB thing from insurance guys but will let you know if I get any info about this.

Till then other members are requested to clear the doubt.
Old 2nd July 2012, 11:39   #2126
BHPian

Maruti Insurance Via Chowgule

Hello Team,

I have a 2 year old Saruti Ritz due for insurance renewal. Wanted to know what insurance companies have tie up with Maruti Service centers. Does it make sense to go for Maruti's insurance or does it make sense to go with other private or govt insurance companies? Currently Maruti is quoting some 8500 while Bajaj and others are quoting 6000-8000 rs for a year.

Mod: Did not know where to post it. Please move this Q to appropriate forum if not correct.

S
Old 2nd July 2012, 14:43   #2127
Senior - BHPian

If the car insurance incorrectly wrote the variant and/or model of the car, whose mistake is that. At who should pay to correct it?

The rest of the details like Owners Name, Chassis #, and Engine # are all correct.
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:19   #2128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If i were to make claim how much will my NCB will be deducted ? My premium is 10.8 K, so how much rise can i expect in my next renewal.For instance FG has a renewal premium of ~ 13.5 K but their renewal letter which was sent to me stated that incase of a claim i would have to shell out ~21.5K next time as permium. Would my SBI premium also increase to the same level ? My car was bought used and is a 2007 model.
Sumeet,
Regarding the NCB, in case of any claim made in an Insurance year you will lose the NCB for next year's renewal. This is applicable even if you have the highest NCB (55%) which will become zero. Your NCB will start again from Zero.
The rise in the premium is solely at the Insurer's discredition and depends on the calculations used to calculate the Own Damage(OD) premium. If you feel the renewal premium is high, then you can always approach the Insurers who will offer better deal.
Could not understand what you meant by the SBI premium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksrinivasv View Post
I have a 2 year old Saruti Ritz due for insurance renewal. Wanted to know what insurance companies have tie up with Maruti Service centers. Does it make sense to go for Maruti's insurance or does it make sense to go with other private or govt insurance companies? Currently Maruti is quoting some 8500 while Bajaj and others are quoting 6000-8000 rs for a year.
Srinivas - Only Maruti Service centres can tell you with which Insurers they have a cashless tie up (If thats what you are intending for), approach them and get a list. By all means Maruti will try to pomote its own Insurance scheme, you need to evaluate what benefits would you get which is unavailable with other Insurers in terms of service, cost etc. You can also do on online comparison of the Insurance premiums and negotiate better with Maruti.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:23   #2129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Sumeet,
Could not understand what you meant by the SBI premium?
I have switched to SBI insurance from Future Generali as SBI offered better value.I wanted to know if even SBI would hike my premium to the extent of FG as in the case of FG the hike was pretty much high in case of a claim. ie 21.5K. So wanted to know if SBI whose premium is 10.8 K how much the premium would come out to in case of a claim.

thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:38   #2130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have switched to SBI insurance from Future Generali as SBI offered better value.I wanted to know if even SBI would hike my premium to the extent of FG as in the case of FG the hike was pretty much high in case of a claim. ie 21.5K. So wanted to know if SBI whose premium is 10.8 K how much the premium would come out to in case of a claim.
If I have understood correctly, you have an Insurance from SBI presently and that if you make any Insurance claim during the Insurance year, would SBI increase the premium too for the next renewal? Absolutely SBI will increase the premium if there has been a claim and if you want to renew the Insurance with them. As I said earlier the amount of increase is calculated by SBI and mostly depends on the make/model of the car. Higher the value of the car, greater will the rise in renewal premiums (just my guess).
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed