Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:54   #2131
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Today I gave my car to Hans Hyundai, Delhi for repair job. The SA has estimated around 10-12K out of which around 2-3K will be paid by me.

The surveyor will come tomorrow and for the time being they have kept my license/car's RC/insurance policy. They will return my license after inspection hopefully tomorrow. Do they really keep license?

They don't have cashless facility and have asked me a cancelled cheque which I have given to them. The SA told me that I have to pay the complete amount and then the insurance company will deposit the settled amount to the bank account.

Estimated repair time is one week. Parts to be replaced - Rear bumper, right side fender, couple of miscellaneous parts behind the bumper. Front bumper will be repaired and repainted.

Guys please tell if the above procedure is OK as I have never claimed insurance etc.

photos here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2807631
Bluevolt, has the insurance amount been credited to your account? if yes, how much time was taken? It has been two weeks since my claim was made, hence I just wanted to check if any extra follow up is required in this case.
Old 3rd July 2012, 19:06   #2132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Bluevolt, has the insurance amount been credited to your account? if yes, how much time was taken? It has been two weeks since my claim was made, hence I just wanted to check if any extra follow up is required in this case.
I have not received the amount till date and the insurance agent is not giving any clear answer. He told me that my file is forwarded and it will take around 15 days more!

PS - I will never get insurance done from government/semi-government insurance companies.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:35   #2133
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
If the car insurance incorrectly wrote the variant and/or model of the car, whose mistake is that. At who should pay to correct it?

The rest of the details like Owners Name, Chassis #, and Engine # are all correct.
Ask insurance company to correct it, they'll either pass and endorsement or just correct it. No charges for endorsement.

Variant doesn't matter much as long as name, address, engine and chassis number should match at the time of claim.

Quote:
I have not received the amount till date and the insurance agent is not giving any clear answer. He told me that my file is forwarded and it will take around 15 days more!

PS - I will never get insurance done from government/semi-government insurance companies.
What company is this? Even PSUs don't take much time if the claim is clean. I have seen New India settle the claim in 7 days.

Last edited by F50 : 4th July 2012 at 13:38.
F50 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 14:25   #2134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
What company is this? Even PSUs don't take much time if the claim is clean. I have seen New India settle the claim in 7 days.
It's united India Insurance. No one is giving me confirmed time frame for payment - everyone is just quoting 7-21 days i.e. 1-3 weeks. And it's already 10 days since I forwarded my bills to insurance guy!
Old 4th July 2012, 14:55   #2135
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's united India Insurance. No one is giving me confirmed time frame for payment - everyone is just quoting 7-21 days i.e. 1-3 weeks. And it's already 10 days since I forwarded my bills to insurance guy!
PSUs are known to pay health claim at snail pace. They just don't work.

Ask the insurance guy to push the file as no one in the government companies ever take the file in their hand themselves.

Usko chai (not bribe) pilao aur file dikhao.
Old 4th July 2012, 20:13   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Ah! Even I'm stuck with United India. There seems to be no sign of the payment till date, and it's been around 2 weeks. The ASC manager said confidently that its done in a week's time. I think its time to get hold of the surveyor.

In my case, all the files were forwarded by the ASC to the insurance company, and there is no reference number of any sort with me. I guess I'll have to get the same from the ASC now.
Old 11th July 2012, 17:50   #2137
Senior - BHPian

Insurers to Synchronise Data with Police on Stolen Vehicles

Came across this information in the appended link.

Good beginning and high time this happened in India. This has been in existence in a lot of developed countries and even a global one with Interpol where especially high value vehicle thefts are systamatically recorded.

Where old vehile imports are permited (like in UAE) all high value vehicles and Motor Cycles on parrallel imports are checked against this Interpol Data base

In addition the Indian initiative if implemented rightly can be a very useful tool for general public as well, as it allows public to make data base enquiry about the insurance of a vehicle involved in an accident etc

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Insurers to Synchronize Data with Police for Stolen Vehicles and Accidents « Insurance News & Articles, Indian Insurance Industry

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 11th July 2012 at 17:53.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 00:01   #2138
BHPian

Hi everybody
Here is an article which was carried in DNA on 5th of july.
For the purpose of this thread please refer to the automobile insurance part specially in case you want to know if the car which was involved in an accident is insured or not.
The other 3 points viz insurance policies,banks and mutual funds is beyond the scope of this thread.
As I am technologically challenged I could not reproduce the auto relevant part.Please excuse.
If somebody can do it please do so.
Thanks and regards
Old 12th July 2012, 08:13   #2139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody
Here is an article which was carried in DNA on 5th of july.
For the purpose of this thread please refer to the automobile insurance part specially in case you want to know if the car which was involved in an accident is insured or not.
Are you by any chance referring to the piece of information which is mentioned in the below thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ch-status.html
Old 12th July 2012, 10:10   #2140
BHPian

Using this link and any text for name/address + date in past - I can get the vehicle insurance details - especially Chassis #.

Using the registration number and the last 5 digits of chassis #, I can get details about the vehicle including owner name and address from the Vahan site.

While this is useful in tracking down hit and run cases - What happened to safety of private information ?
Old 13th July 2012, 15:36   #2141

How is national Insurance ? ICICI - Bumper to Bumper is not available for 3rd year.
Bajaj Quote for 3 year ford figo titanium - 440000 premium amount is 16XXX(1 claim in 2nd year for 8800) last year it was 475000 premium amount was 145XX
Got a Quote from National Insurance - 425000 premium amount is 135XX. they have cashless at metro and Cauvery.
Old 14th July 2012, 01:11   #2142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Are you by any chance referring to the piece of information which is mentioned in the below thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ch-status.html
Ghodlur
Hi.
Seems to serve the same purpose.
I think it is the same.I just read the article without logging on the site referred to.There were other helpful points referring to other non vehicle matters.
Regards
Old 24th July 2012, 16:07   #2143
BHPian

I have a Swift ZDI purchased last year. I am in the market for renewal.

The details are as follows:

IDV from current insurance provider : Rs. 612380
NCB : 20% (I have made no claims till now)
Premium paid : Rs. 19177

Please suggest the best insurance provider who will give me good IDV @ minimum premium
Old 24th July 2012, 16:17   #2144
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
I have a Swift ZDI purchased last year. I am in the market for renewal.

The details are as follows:

IDV from current insurance provider : Rs. 612380
NCB : 20% (I have made no claims till now)
Premium paid : Rs. 19177

Please suggest the best insurance provider who will give me good IDV @ minimum premium
Who is the current insurer?

If looking for Zero Dep - Bajaj, Tata AIG, Future Generali (Future has come up with good features in Zero Dep)

Comprehensive - Bajaj, Tata, Future, HDFC Ergo, Axa
Old 24th July 2012, 16:18   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Who is the current insurer?

If looking for Zero Dep - Bajaj, Tata AIG, Future Generali (Future has come up with good features in Zero Dep)

Comprehensive - Bajaj, Tata, Future, HDFC Ergo, Axa
Thanks mate!

Current insurer is National Insurance

Most Viewed