Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2012, 21:30   #2296
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
In your case talk to the new buyer and request him/her to buy atleast third party liability insurance. Send the same copy to your insurance company and they will cancel your policy as there cant be two policies of the same car. They will also issue your NCB certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Thanks for your advise, I have sent an email to the buyer requesting him to buy a 3rd party insurance as suggested by you, hope he agrees otherwise I really dont know what to do, he has put me in an awkward situation, I have already booked a new car the delivery of which I am expecting in a couple of months, any suggestions?
Old 9th November 2012, 21:17   #2297
BHPian

I may have to relocate to US for some time. I plan to give my car to my relative. How can insurance be claimed if the owner is not present? Does power of authority work?
Old 10th November 2012, 11:12   #2298
BHPian

Guys I need some help. I renewed my car policy with BA and also have the policy number. However I could not find the policy document they sent me by mail. Any idea from where can I download it and if a printed copy is valid?
Old 10th November 2012, 11:26   #2299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Guys I need some help. I renewed my car policy with BA and also have the policy number. However I could not find the policy document they sent me by mail. Any idea from where can I download it and if a printed copy is valid?
Speak to their call center and ask for a duplicate policy statement by email. The copy is also ok, since for any claim, you only need to show the printed copy of the policy. Original remains with you.
Old 10th November 2012, 12:06   #2300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssadwelkar View Post
I have sold my vehicle about a month back but due to some personal reasons of the buyer he has still not transferred the car on his name.
Hey ssadwelkar, first get the RC transferred!! I hope you realise that legal liabilities on the "sold" vehicle will still be on you? If I were in your shoes, I would ensure the transfer of RC first and then look at the NCB.

For ensuring the transfer, the onus is on you - pester and followup with the purchaser till it is done, or else take the pain and get it done yourself. The effort spent of this will be minuscule compared to the hassle that will follow in case of any unfortunate incident with the "old" vehicle.
In the interim get the delivery note signed if not done yet, and also keep in mind that deliver note is valid for 14 days AFIK, during which time you are expected to notify RTO about the transfer!
Old 10th November 2012, 13:49   #2301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Hey ssadwelkar, first get the RC transferred!! I hope you realise that legal liabilities on the "sold" vehicle will still be on you? If I were in your shoes, I would ensure the transfer of RC first and then look at the NCB.
I understand what you are saying and I am having sleepless nights, I have sent 100's of messages to the person and called him several times now he says that he is in his native place and will be back after Diwali, what does one do in a situation like this? Can I get the vehicle impounded? Iam planning to go to the RTO on Monday and maybe give them a letter stating that the new owner is not transferring the vehicle on his name. I have the Delivery Note with me and a copy of the buyers Pan Card, how do I transfer the car on his name without him being present?
Old 10th November 2012, 14:31   #2302
BHPian

Quote:
I understand what you are saying and I am having sleepless nights, I have sent 100's of messages to the person and called him several times now he says that he is in his native place and will be back after Diwali, what does one do in a situation like this? Can I get the vehicle impounded? Iam planning to go to the RTO on Monday and maybe give them a letter stating that the new owner is not transferring the vehicle on his name. I have the Delivery Note with me and a copy of the buyers Pan Card, how do I transfer the car on his name without him being present?
Well since you've waited a month another 3-4 days would not hurt.

Yes, will still need his signatures to complete the transfer.

Technically you can get back the vehicle, as a last resort, inform him that you will lodge a complaint that the vehicle is lost, that should do the trick. But going via police comes with its own hassles unless you there is an upright officer in your area. Would suggest you settle it amicably.
Old 12th November 2012, 08:34   #2303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
My Fiesta's Insurance is up for renewal. Have got a quote from Future Generali which is lowest amongst the other quotes which I have got from online quotes. The IDV in the quote does not seem to be according to the ex-showroom rate with depreciation added but flat 10% less of last years IDV. Upon enquiry FG rep clarified that since Fiesta Zxi variant is no longer in production they cant use the present Fiesta Classic Clxi ex-showroom cost for IDV calculation (Which is Zxi counterpart). Is this a valid point?

The other grouse is FG does not have online renewal, have to visit their branch or ask someone from FG to visit for cheque collection.
Visited the Future generali office in Thane for renewal of my Insurance policy but unfortunately their CC machine wasnt working. Got the IDV rectified to the correct value (10% depreciation from last years IDV) and got a new quote for Insurance renewal premium, came about to 12K. Got the Insurance renewed through Shreeji Ford & picked up the cover note.
Old 12th November 2012, 16:05   #2304
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your advise, I have sent an email to the buyer requesting him to buy a 3rd party insurance as suggested by you, hope he agrees otherwise I really dont know what to do, he has put me in an awkward situation, I have already booked a new car the delivery of which I am expecting in a couple of months, any suggestions?
This is not a good situation to be in. Couple of questions:

1) Is there any dealer involved?
2) Do you know this person well?
3) Have you sent a letter to RTO with a copy of Form 29 & 30 and Delivery Note notifying that you have sold the vehicle?

Dont worry about NCB, it is valid for 3 years. You'll able to use the certificate at the next renewal.
Old 12th November 2012, 18:19   #2305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
This is not a good situation to be in. Couple of questions:

1) Is there any dealer involved?
2) Do you know this person well?
3) Have you sent a letter to RTO with a copy of Form 29 & 30 and Delivery Note notifying that you have sold the vehicle?

Dont worry about NCB, it is valid for 3 years. You'll able to use the certificate at the next renewal.
Dear SS

My suggestion would be a small modification of what has been stated by others.

You can buy a TP Insurance in your name for the vehicle and get your Comprehensive cancelled after that. You can do this easily with your existing insurer as all details should be availble with them. You can let on that you are getting a new car and you want to use the comprehensive for that car, and request for an NCB certificate as well.

If you have copies of the required forms 29 and 30 send a Registered AD mail to the RTO where the car is registered that, you have sold the vehicl3e

For added safety you can send a message to the buyer that you hace cancelled the Comp insurance and that the car now has only a TP Insurance.

After the above you can sleep easy

Best Regards & Drive/Ride safe

Ram
Old 15th November 2012, 23:59   #2306
BHPian

Hi,
Need to renew the insurance for my i10. There was one claim last year and I have zero dep on my current policy which is insured with Royal Sundaram. The renewal quote is INR12000 for an IDV of INR 340000 approx. TATA AIG gave a renewal quote of INR11500 with zero dep and a few other add on's such as towing facility(this isn't available with Royal Sundaram), no NCB loss if the claim is only for plastic/fibre/glass parts and the IDV is around INF354000. Please suggest if there are any other options or important points that I need to consider before renewing the policy. I plan to continue with the zero dep add on but could not find it clearly mentioned in the online quotes offered by other insurance companies.
Old 18th November 2012, 18:56   #2307
BHPian

Hello guys,
Insurance for my i20, with following details, is due for renewal on 24 th of this month.
Insurer: Bajaj Allianz (online renewal)
Model: Sportz
DOP: Nov 2010
IDV: 4,00,500/-
Ncb: 0 %(met with an accident last year.Total damage-70k. Insurance share-50k)
Insurance premium quote: 12,052/-

Had few queries in this regard:
1. Isn't the premium slightly on higher side?
2. Is it possible to further bargain on this quote?
3. Any advantages if I change the insurer now in terms of lower prenium?If yes what are my other options who have a tie up with Hyundai.( I know it might not be ethical on my part to change the insurer now after making a claim last year, but just checking the possibilities)

Above mentioned quote is for online renewal.
Old 19th November 2012, 13:27   #2308
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I am selling my current car and buying a new one. I have the following queries

1. How do I transfer the existing NCB from the old car to the new one?

2. I currently have a policy with Tata-AIG. Do I have to take a policy with Tata-AIG to get a NCB discount for the new car or can I use the NCB certificate with another Insurance company?

3. Generally, how long will the Insurance company take to issue the NCB certificate? (after I submit all requisite documents)

4. I see here that the NCB certificate is valid for 3 years. Assuming, I don't use the NCB while purchasing the new car and intend to use it for renewal, what would be the rate of discount I would get? For example, I have NCB of 20% on my current policy. When I buy a new car and if I use the NCB for renewal of the new car's policy will the total discount be 20% (of old policy) + 25% (of new policy)?
Old 20th November 2012, 22:33   #2309
BHPian

Hi

I bought a 2003 Santro. The current insurance cover is provided by ICICI L.
I have not transfered my RC yet, plan to do it within 10 days. Insurance lapses in 30 days. I want to change to BA with a name change done.

Here are my queries.

1. What do I do to get insurance in my name with BA? Just RC, old Insurance with ICICI L, ID proof and vehicle is good enough?
2. The RC book shows Model as Santro XE. The model is actually XP and I think there is no model called XE. Is it compulsory for me to change the model in RC book, there is no original invoice and this was bought in 2003.
3. Can I get the insurance done 15 days in advance and the validity will start from the end of current insurance date?
Old 21st November 2012, 13:23   #2310
Senior - BHPian

I'm still a noob on insurance. I would like to know if I can claim insurance on my in-law's car, which have a front fender dented by a motorcycle, when I had been driving it?

Guess yes? Otherwise please correct me. I have to say that it was driven by my father-in-law and have to get his driving license.

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-img_4600.jpg

Last edited by thoma : 21st November 2012 at 13:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks