Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2013, 22:55   #2371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post

Call up Bajaj Allianz directly, they may give better quote than offered by policy bazaar. In my case,I found direct calling was best way to get lowest rate.
THAT is always the best option. After all Policy Bazaar is also an agent right? I too got the best quote directly from BA, plus the option of paying in EMI.
Old 13th January 2013, 10:46   #2372
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Slightly - but looks like having a friend or having a driver would affect claim handling if the proposals (see link) are accepted!! The other proposals are something that would reward a good driver.

See http://www.business-standard.com/ind...-fy14-/497454/
Old 14th January 2013, 21:44   #2373
BANNED

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

5 yr old Car.

Renewal notice quote received from ICICI Lombart- Rs.5600/-
When checked online ICICI offers me - Rs.4700/-
And when checked online Bajaj, got Rs.3400/-

Features, benefits etc etc compared at par!

Wondering what business is going by insu company though!

Should I go with Bajaj and save few bucks for some other works!
Old 14th January 2013, 21:58   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
5 yr old Car.

Renewal notice quote received from ICICI Lombart- Rs.5600/-
When checked online ICICI offers me - Rs.4700/-
And when checked online Bajaj, got Rs.3400/-

Features, benefits etc etc compared at par!

Wondering what business is going by insu company though!

Should I go with Bajaj and save few bucks for some other works!
Hi,

Please don't check the rates online to take a decision. Get in touch with the insurance company agents/representatives, ask them for quotes and tell them that you have asked for quotes from other companies also.

You will get a very good price for this renewal.

All the best.

Regards.
Old 14th January 2013, 23:07   #2375
BANNED

byomjeet : Local agents generally ask premium with making marketing gimmic on local support etc etc

Not sure offline (local) purchase is more cheap with good local support compare to direct online purchase or not?
Old 18th January 2013, 14:08   #2376
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post
I also have a similar question. My car's insurance is coming up for renewal and ICICI says they won't do 0 dep on a car older than 3 years (i've had 0 dep for the past 3 years on the car). Does anyone know of another reliable insurance company that offers 0 dep for my chevy beat? Or if not that, at least something other than 20% dep? Thanks a lot!
Bajaj Allianz and Bharti AXA offers Zero Dep for 5 years.

Just compare the premium you are paying for Zero Dep vs Comprehensive and also look at the number of claims in last 3 years. If you are a safe driver, would suggest go for Comprehensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Slightly - but looks like having a friend or having a driver would affect claim handling if the proposals (see link) are accepted!! The other proposals are something that would reward a good driver.

See http://www.business-standard.com/ind...-fy14-/497454/
Good initiative but doubt how many are going to disclose about it.

1) Traffic Violations - Most of them try to finish it off by paying Rs 100 without challan

2) Alcohol - Dont know how many are going to disclose how many litres they drink per week.
F50 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2013, 01:42   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Bajaj Allianz and Bharti AXA offers Zero Dep for 5 years.

Just compare the premium you are paying for Zero Dep vs Comprehensive and also look at the number of claims in last 3 years. If you are a safe driver, would suggest go for Comprehensive.
Thanks for the reply. Any preferences on either bajaj or bharti axa? While in the past two years I haven't had any accidents (knock on wood), I don't feel like taking the risk by getting comprehensive. At 50% dep on airbags, one small accident could easily make up the difference between the two. I'd rather have the piece of mind.
Old 25th January 2013, 11:55   #2378
BHPian

My cars insurance is up for renewal in a months time. I have few questions.

So far I had bought insurance from Chola MS. This company has no tie up with the workshop where I service my car. But still the site says cashless claims available. So what happens if my car meets with an accident (touch wood) and I have to make a claim. So wouldn't these guys be providing me cashless facility if they don't have tie up with the workshop?

Also, I enquired with workshop, and they say Ford has notified them about tie up with Bajaj Allianz, New India and Royal Sundaram. My question is, is it the company, Ford, that does the tie up with insurance companies or the individual workshop themselve that do the tie ups? When I bought the car, this workshop had tie up with ICICI Lombard but not Royal Sundaram. Seems they have changed one company.
Old 25th January 2013, 12:08   #2379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
But still the site says cashless claims available. So wouldn't these guys be providing me cashless facility if they don't have tie up with the workshop?

Also, I enquired with workshop, and they say Ford has notified them about tie up with Bajaj Allianz, New India and Royal Sundaram. My question is, is it the company, Ford, that does the tie up with insurance companies or the individual workshop themselve that do the tie ups? When I bought the car, this workshop had tie up with ICICI Lombard but not Royal Sundaram. Seems they have changed one company.
@Shipnil,

If the Chola site says that they have cashless tie up with Ford then you can enquire the same by dropping a mail to Ford customer care. If Ford confirms the same then the workshop will have to provide cashless claim settlement. If the Workshop still refuse to do so, highlight the same to Ford. If the w/s does not have the cashless settlement with Chola then you will have to pay upfront to Ford first and then claim it from Chola.

Generally the manufacturers have a tie up with Insurance companies and not the workshops and depending upon the arrangement, car manufacturers can change Insurers with whom they can offer cashless tie ups. This in a way ensures business for the Insurance co from the manufacturers brand vehicles.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 12:31   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Shipnil,

If the Chola site says that they have cashless tie up with Ford then you can enquire the same by dropping a mail to Ford customer care. If Ford confirms the same then the workshop will have to provide cashless claim settlement. If the Workshop still refuse to do so, highlight the same to Ford. If the w/s does not have the cashless settlement with Chola then you will have to pay upfront to Ford first and then claim it from Chola.
Thanks ghodlur! Well, last year, while renewing, I recollect seeing 'Cashless facility' available mentioned generally without any manufacturer name. I had spoken to an sales executive also and he said the process will be seamless. So I had assumed that I don't have to check what tie ups Ford has with insurance companies. Looks like I was wrong. May be I need to be careful while renewing.

BTW, what is your take on Voluntary Excess? Bajaj Allianz is quoting about 7500 if I take a voluntary excess of 2500 otherwise it is 9450 rupees.
Old 25th January 2013, 12:47   #2381
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Best bet is to call up your favourite workshop and ask which company has tie-up with them. Renew with the same company.

Manufacturers directly don't have tie-up with companies. Individual dealers make tie-up with whichever company offers best services, in all terms. When a company pulls out this cashless tie-up with a dealer when their labour charges etc are well above reasonable charges charged by other dealers of the same manufacturer.

Example: Vitesse (Mumbai) has cashless tie-up with only 2 companies. Reason? Their labour charges are pretty high compared to say Sai Service or Fort Point.

Edit:

Quote:

BTW, what is your take on Voluntary Excess? Bajaj Allianz is quoting about 7500 if I take a voluntary excess of 2500 otherwise it is 9450 rupees.
Dont opt for higher excess

Last edited by F50 : 25th January 2013 at 12:53.
Old 25th January 2013, 13:14   #2382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what is your take on Voluntary Excess?
Voluntary excess is one way of reducing your Insurance premium when you are confident that you are a safe driver and will not have any claims(major) in the policy year. Insurers benefit in cases when the claim is major and their contribution is substantially reduced

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Individual dealers make tie-up with whichever company offers best services, in all terms. When a company pulls out this cashless tie-up with a dealer when their labour charges etc are well above reasonable charges charged by other dealers of the same manufacturer.
I would like to disagree here. IMO the labour charges incurred by the workshop/dealer is also claimed from the car manufacturers where there is a cashless settlement. In all other claim settlements the labour costs with be charged to the customer. Will find more about this.
Old 25th January 2013, 14:56   #2383
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I would like to disagree here. IMO the labour charges incurred by the workshop/dealer is also claimed from the car manufacturers where there is a cashless settlement. In all other claim settlements the labour costs with be charged to the customer. Will find more about this.
Let me simplify it.

A cashless setup means reduced documentation and other trouble faced during a normal claim. In cashless, customer does not have to pay anything apart from Excess and difference in charges for plastic and rubber parts, consumables etc. Insurance company directly pays to the dealer or issues a cheque to the customer if he chose to reimburse the claim.

Now, a company can enter into a cashless setup when they agree with their labour charges. Prices of parts are usually uniform among all dealers. The only problem arises when the labour charges vary.

Example: Vitesse charges 500(horn) + 350 (labour charges) for changing a horn. Sai Service charges 500(horn) +250 (labour charges) and Fort Point charges 200 as labour charges. Insurance company has the right not to have a cashless setup with Vitesse as their labour charges are very high compared to what other Maruti dealers are charging. In such case, if your car goes to Vitesese for repairs, insurance company will only pay ~80% of the claim.
Old 26th January 2013, 15:09   #2384
Senior - BHPian

Depreciation to Apply on Painting

Guys,

Recently heard that IRDA is working on a proposal to apply the depreciation rate on the cost of painting as well - not too clear if it will be on the cost of paint only or whether it will be on the painting charges as well. Thechnically it shouldn't be on the charges at least.

Hope the news is not true (as a vehicle owner)

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 26th January 2013, 17:27   #2385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Guys,

Recently heard that IRDA is working on a proposal to apply the depreciation rate on the cost of painting as well - not too clear if it will be on the cost of paint only or whether it will be on the painting charges as well. Thechnically it shouldn't be on the charges at least.

Hope the news is not true (as a vehicle owner)

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Already done.My friend got his car's both bumpers painted , 2010 model i20.
Paint Depreciation charged Rs.910.
Insurance from TATA AIG.
An other added benefit on the Zero Depreciation policies .

Last edited by k2max6 : 26th January 2013 at 17:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks