Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2013, 16:13   #2431
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

I have current insurance from Chola MS which is up for renewal in 15 days time. I intend to buy Bajaj Allianz policy since they have cashless tie up with the dealer. My question is, would there be a difference in quotes between website of Bajaj and agent of Bajaj?
Old 20th February 2013, 16:21   #2432
BHPian

Yes. It may differ. I tried taking my 2 wheeler renewal insurance from Bajaj and generated an online quote. I visited their JP Nagar office and they gave me a different quote which was higher than the online figure. They said that online quote is different and they cannot offer the same premium. Same should hold for cars as well.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 12:22   #2433
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks,

My Scorpio's insurance is up for renewal and this is the quote I've got from Bajaj Allianz with a NCB of 35% considered.

IDV - Rs.602,000, premium - Rs.12949, std deductible - Rs.1000, std coverage inclusions as follows:

1. Compulsory PA (owner driver) - Rs. 2 lakhs.
2. Third-party property damage - up to Rs.7,50,000.
3. Third-party individual-Unlimited as decided by the court.(In case of third party injury or death).
4. 24/7 road side assistance policy and Lock and Key replacement cover

Does this sound reasonable? Also, if I opt for co-passenger cover, the premium goes up to Rs.13343. Should I go for the co-pax cover too?

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 21st February 2013 at 12:24.
Old 21st February 2013, 13:45   #2434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
One of my neighbor on insistence from my friend who happens to from Icici Lombard took an all inclusive comprehensive policy for his Honda Unicorn Motorcycle.

Now this supposed friend of mine has started acting up & doesn't pick calls or responds because a claim needs to be settled. His (my neighbor) bike's tank has a deep dent & a scratch.

At other place as well, he has taken money from my erstwhile business associate for his 4 wheeler insurance renewal & is yet to get back.

I have written a complaint to lombard, but to no avail & they take good 3-4 days to get back (via mail).

Any suggestions?
ICICI Lombard has a Employee number for each agent that you talk to after calling their number (1800 2666). You can demand to raise a complaint against this agent friend of yours. But I guess if his business seems to be fishy then he would have definitely not provided you with his Employee ID. Again it might be that he is not a direct agent of ICICI and is selling insurances from more than one company.

Anyways, to make a claim you don't need the same person as long as you have the Insurance Policy documents. Call up ICICI Lombard # 18002666 and get the details on how to make a claim (via them or through a Authorized Service Centre). Hope it helps.
Old 22nd February 2013, 19:32   #2435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I have current insurance from Chola MS which is up for renewal in 15 days time. I intend to buy Bajaj Allianz policy since they have cashless tie up with the dealer. My question is, would there be a difference in quotes between website of Bajaj and agent of Bajaj?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Yes. It may differ.
My experience of renewing insurance. As told by vidyanand, there was difference in online and brach quotes. Online it was showing around, 9500 whereas in the branch I got a quotation of 10,900. So decided to renew online.

The moment I gave correct mobile no., name, and generated first quote online, I got a call from the head office of BA. The person was with me all the time, around 20 mins, asking details and filling in his database, till I completed the entire transaction. I think the executives also have some discretion for reducing the premium. I had declined PA cover for co-passenger, hence I was getting a quote of around 9,200 which the executive reduced to 8,720.

After completing the transaction, immediately got a pdf copy of policy. The hardcopy will be sent in 7 days time.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2013, 20:00   #2436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I had declined PA cover for co-passenger, hence I was getting a quote of around 9,200 which the executive reduced to 8,720.
IMHO you should have opted for the personal accident cover for co-passengers also which would have costed you not much amount. Normally the premium amount increase would have been Rs 100/- per passenger for a 2L cover. So assuming 5 persons would travel with you, it would have costed Rs 500/- the difference in your earlier quote.
Although not compulsory, it would have always helped to have PA cover for people travelling with you.
Old 1st March 2013, 17:28   #2437
BHPian

Today my Alto got hit by APE pickup vehicle near my house . He was on the left side and god knows why he swerved to right. The car got hit on rear passenger side door causing an inch long dent on the door edge which is pretty bad. It looks as if the door edge has been ripped. There are also long scratches just below the door handle and on the panel behind the door (below Petrol door cover). I did not argue with the driver as the area where the incident occured is not one which where reasoning works.

I took the car to Bimal and the damages will be 5000 out of which 1500 will have to be borne by me and the rest by insurance (Royal Sundaram). I did not leave the vehicle as I was told that the surveyor will be available on Monday only. So the person at Bimal was OK if I can give it on Tuesday. Need to leave car for 3 days at BIMAL.

I have never claimed any insurance till date and have 50% NCB of 1550.

- Should I go for insurance claim and forgo NCB?
- Is 5000 reasonable charges or should I get repairs done outside?
Old 1st March 2013, 17:43   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Today my Alto got hit by APE pickup vehicle near my house . He was on the left side and god knows why he swerved to right. The car got hit on rear passenger side door causing an inch long dent on the door edge which is pretty bad. It looks as if the door edge has been ripped. There are also long scratches just below the door handle and on the panel behind the door (below Petrol door cover). I did not argue with the driver as the area where the incident occured is not one which where reasoning works.

I took the car to Bimal and the damages will be 5000 out of which 1500 will have to be borne by me and the rest by insurance (Royal Sundaram). I did not leave the vehicle as I was told that the surveyor will be available on Monday only. So the person at Bimal was OK if I can give it on Tuesday. Need to leave car for 3 days at BIMAL.

I suggest you to get it repair outside or without insurance. I am sure Bimal will charge around 4000 bucks if you are not claiming insurance as your NCB is 50%
You can try Suraksha also
Old 1st March 2013, 18:22   #2439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Anything below 10k actually doesn't make sense to claim insurance .
See what is the net damage you will have pay once you renew your insurance.
Depending on that take a call
Cheers
Old 1st March 2013, 18:54   #2440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I suggest you to get it repair outside or without insurance. I am sure Bimal will charge around 4000 bucks if you are not claiming insurance as your NCB is 50%
You can try Suraksha also
If Bimal charges ~4000K, what will be approximate charges outside for similar damages - will the charge differentials vary a lot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Anything below 10k actually doesn't make sense to claim insurance .
See what is the net damage you will have pay once you renew your insurance.
Depending on that take a call
Cheers
If I claim insurance does that mean from next renewal, my NCB will be reset to 0% and I need to pay full premium?
Old 1st March 2013, 18:58   #2441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If Bimal charges ~4000K, what will be approximate charges outside for similar damages - will the charge differentials vary a lot?

If I claim insurance does that mean from next renewal, my NCB will be reset to 0% and I need to pay full premium?
You need to full premium for sure for the next renewal but not sure what happens to renewal after that .
Old 1st March 2013, 21:26   #2442
BHPian

Dear Sir,
I have a query regarding transfer of insurance. Let us assume I am about to buy a pre owned car with transfer of insurance as part of the deal. Now the front bumper has a pretty big crack and is likely to require replacement but I cant confirm till i check with my body shop guys. In this case, what is the best way forward?
Do i make the original owner cllaim insurance and give me the car in mint condition ( which may take a bit of time)
OR
Do i take the car in an as is condition for a lower price and get it done myself. In this case, while i transfer insurance, will there be a second survey done by the insurance people? or Does it just involve paperwork and will it be okay if i were to repair it next month once the insurance/rc etc has been transferred in my name?
Old 1st March 2013, 22:53   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
Dear Sir,
I have a query regarding transfer of insurance. Let us assume I am about to buy a pre owned car with transfer of insurance as part of the deal. Now the front bumper has a pretty big crack and is likely to require replacement but I cant confirm till i check with my body shop guys. In this case, what is the best way forward?
Do i make the original owner cllaim insurance and give me the car in mint condition ( which may take a bit of time)
OR
Do i take the car in an as is condition for a lower price and get it done myself. In this case, while i transfer insurance, will there be a second survey done by the insurance people? or Does it just involve paperwork and will it be okay if i were to repair it next month once the insurance/rc etc has been transferred in my name?
Go with the 2nd option. Insurance will only be transferred after you get the RC and a survey is done.Its better to get it repaired by the time you get the new RC.
Old 7th March 2013, 20:38   #2444
BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

My car's insurance(ICICI Lombard) expires on 30th March. I will renew it online in advance, lets say on 10/3 and the new policy (may be ICICI Lombard or some other) will be effective from 31st March. I will also claim NCB. But what if my car meets with an accident on 15/3 and I need to claim the cost of repair? I will obviously want to claim the cost of repair from the existing policy. I want to know if it has any implications.

Before you ask, yes, devil mind is at play.
Old 11th March 2013, 10:48   #2445
BHPian

Hi,

My Honda Citi is due for Insurance renewal this month. I am getting various quotes from Honda dealers, somehow every one wants to sell Reliance Insurance. I have a few queries if anyone can help

1. I bought policy online last year from Bajaj and the renewal quote from them is much higher than the one being offered by other companies.
IDV - 436814 Premium : 7124 (OLD IDV was 567000, not sure why the quote is with such less IDV)
2. What should be my rigth IDV, I guess 567000 - 56700 (10%) = approx 510000, right?
3. Reliance is the cheapest with IDV : 5L and Premium 6928. Not very keen with reliance stuff, but just wanted to know the catch in this and what is the general review with Reliance insurance, how are they at claim
4. This is my 5th Insurance renewal (Car bought in 2009) and each year I had been switching companies. I thought this year I will renew with the same company but the quote for IDV 5L is 8K which is much higher than other companies offering. Also a honda dealer is offering me 7.2K for Bajaj., which obviously is not available for me as I am already there customer. Why such a dis parity for new and old and does it make sense to pay 1k extra or yet again switch to another company like ICICI or Reliance?

Most Viewed