Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2013, 18:39   #2566
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

I have a 5 yr old City ZX (NHC). The car has been insured by Honda Assure till now. However, since a new Civic is being bought in the family, I plan to transfer the NCB to that and get a new policy for the NHC. Now my query is whether I should go for Honda Assure or some other insurance provider, given its entering it's 6th year?
Thanks in advance.
Old 4th June 2013, 18:29   #2567

I have a honda city 1.5 E MT. Its turning 1 year this July 2013.
Looking for insurance renewal options.

Got reply from different companies ( Reliance , Bajaj allianz, ICIC lombard etc ) for different types of policies ( Zero dep, normal etc )

Really confused whether to go for normal policy for the least premium, or pay higher amount for Honda assure and go for zero dep policy for the least premium.

My usage of the car is very less ( < 500 kms inside the city ) , once in a while long drive . I have a proper guarded parking at home.

Guys help me out. Thank you.
Old 4th June 2013, 20:14   #2568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakku46 View Post
I have a honda city 1.5 E MT. Its turning 1 year this July 2013.
Looking for insurance renewal options.

Got reply from different companies ( Reliance , Bajaj allianz, ICIC lombard etc ) for different types of policies ( Zero dep, normal etc )

Really confused whether to go for normal policy for the least premium, or pay higher amount for Honda assure and go for zero dep policy for the least premium.

My usage of the car is very less ( < 500 kms inside the city ) , once in a while long drive . I have a proper guarded parking at home.

Guys help me out. Thank you.
Your usage or parking has nothing to do with Insurance renewal, you will have to renew the insurance before the end of year. Since yours is just one year old car suggest go for the zero dep for that extra peace of mind. Regarding the Insurers, try to compare the premiums as well as the services offered. My personal suggestion keep away from ICICI and Reliance, they may offer lowest premiums but have heard some bad stories when it comes to claim settlement.

BTW with whom did you have the Insurance from for the first year? Was it Honda Assure - how was the experience?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 20:42   #2569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
I have a 5 yr old City ZX (NHC). The car has been insured by Honda Assure till now. However, since a new Civic is being bought in the family, I plan to transfer the NCB to that and get a new policy for the NHC.
From my experience it is a bit difficult to get new insurance on old car, especially if there are dents and scratches.

Quote:
Less usage does not necessarily translate to less chance of accident, and the guard has no role to play in it. Zero dep makes a huge difference on your bank balance incase of accident repair. How much extra would zero dep be for a 5 year old car? Maybe 2 to 3k? I recommend go for zero dep policy.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 21:04   #2570

Thanks for the reply guys.

I had a honda assure insurance from IFFCO TOKIO. Had no claims till now, so cannot comment on the experience.

The cheapest Zero Dep policy was quoted by Bharti AXA of around 14500 rupees.

Honda assure IFFICO TOKIO quotes 14700 for a normal policy.

Rest , the cheapest of the normal policies was offered by Bajaj Allianz of 9800 rupees.

What i noticed is that the approved garage list is almost the same for all insurance companies.

Now , I m thinking of going for Bharthi AXA Zero dep over Honda Assure normal policy.
Old 5th June 2013, 09:00   #2571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
How much extra would zero dep be for a 5 year old car? Maybe 2 to 3k? I recommend go for zero dep policy.
There are not many Insurance co which offer zero dep for a 5 yr old car, if the car is in the 5th year then it might be the last year to opt for a zero dep. The zero dep option value does not change with the age of the car, its the same for a new car as well as an aged car.

Quote:
the cheapest of the normal policies was offered by Bajaj Allianz of 9800 rupees.
Whats the IDV they have quoted? I hope you have a rough idea about the IDV based on age depreciation. Bharati Axa ia relatively new in the car insurance market so tread carefully. The claim settlement process with them is not yet known.
Old 6th June 2013, 11:00   #2572
BHPian

The insurance for my 99 Santro expired on May 30 last month. It was with Reliance and no claim has been taken from the last three years. I'm looking for some other company to get her insured this time, the NCB amounts to 45% and the IDV is 50,0000/-.

PS: the car is in very good condition

I'm seeking the advice of fellow members on this issue at the earliest since running short of time.

Guys please suggest and help me

Thanks

Last edited by metropolis : 6th June 2013 at 11:02.
Old 6th June 2013, 11:10   #2573
Senior - BHPian

Guys, wanted to check which is the best vendor to provide Cashless facility at Honda Service Station??
Old 6th June 2013, 11:20   #2574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Guys, wanted to check which is the best vendor to provide Cashless facility at Honda Service Station??
The easiest way to check is call up the nearest (or the one where you intend to) Honda workshop and find out with which Insurance co do they have a cashless tie up. It varies from workshop to workshop although few Insurance co might be on the common list.
Old 8th June 2013, 13:56   #2575
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Please help me choose the best option from below for a new car.

Car : Honda Amaze VX MT Petrol
Ex Showroom Value : 680850/-
Registration to be done in Bangalore

(A) Honda Assure offered by dealer 25,061/-

(B) Royal Sundaram
zero depreciation policy 18436/-

IDV value is 5% less then ex-showroom price is it normal and applicable even if insurance is taken from dealer ?

With this policy RS is offering road side assistance with MyTVS. Honda on other hand charges 4000Rs for 4 year road side assistance.

Is is advisable to forgo Honda RSA in favour of myTVS one from RS ?

Also I checked add on benefit clauses at Royal Sundaram website and there is something called Lifetime Road tax cover and Full Invoice Price Insurance Cover and Full Invoice Price Insurance Cover is it available in TATA-AIG as well ?

https://www.royalsundaram.in/DTC/car...-benefits.html

(2) TATA AIG 0 depreciation bumper to bumper policy
Quote offered is 21000/-

I have asked agent to send me policy brochure but have not received the same till now.
Old 8th June 2013, 18:55   #2576

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyam29june View Post
Thankyou all BHP'ians for your valuable support.

Update
=====

I escated my concern to Bajaj Allianz online grievances forum. But I have not got any reference number for my escalation. Therefore, I do not have any proof that, I escalated to them. IRDA will look into the matter only after 2 weeks after the issue is escalated to respective company grievances cell.

On the other side, the BA Surveyor sitting silent.

What I must do now.

What other methods will they use to pressurize me for some settlement other than Total Loss. How long can I leave my car at workshop? Do I need to pay some money for parking there ? If so, how long they will aloow for free parking?

If issue does not get settle with the free parking time frame, then can I move the car elsewhere (safe area) until the settlement is done? What would be the concerns from BA?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Latest Update on my case
===================

After long silence, Today, Bajaj Allianz sent me surveyors report which just listed 85 items against 111 items which are listed by workshop estimation. According to workshop estimate, body shell is required which alone costs about 1,80,000/- and it had been excluded in Surveyors report. I already asked him send his comments on the parts that are excluded in his list. I appreciate forum's help in exploring options to challenge Surveyor's report.

My questions are

1) If there is huge difference between workshop and insurance company surveyors report, what should be out approach to get the best. How do I challange surveyors report?

2) Does insurance company has authority not to consider some of the parts that are suggested by workshop?

Guys, I appreciate your advise.

Thank you in advance
Old 10th June 2013, 15:02   #2577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
IDV value is 5% less then ex-showroom price is it normal and applicable even if insurance is taken from dealer ?
Is is advisable to forgo Honda RSA in favour of myTVS one from RS ?
Also I checked add on benefit clauses at Royal Sundaram website and there is something called Lifetime Road tax cover and Full Invoice Price Insurance Cover
Yes, IDv will be 5% less than the exshowroom cost (including Octroi) no matter if taken from dealer or self. Benefits from RS are more than that offered by Honda Assure. Dont let Honda arm twist you into buying the insurance from them. Normally dealer insurance premiums are on the higher side. If you have NCB from previous car, then use it to lower the premiums further.

I would suggest go only for zero Dep and may NCB protection (if available) as add ons for the first year policy.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 19:29   #2578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Yes, IDv will be 5% less than the exshowroom cost (including Octroi) no matter if taken from dealer or self. Benefits from RS are more than that offered by Honda Assure. Dont let Honda arm twist you into buying the insurance from them. Normally dealer insurance premiums are on the higher side. If you have NCB from previous car, then use it to lower the premiums further.

I would suggest go only for zero Dep and may NCB protection (if available) as add ons for the first year policy.
Thanks a lot there is no armtwisting I booked on the condition that I will take my own insurence and took that in writing on booking form from them.

Royal Sundaram call centre person who is following up with me told that NCB from previous car can be claimed later and they will refund the excess amount but he said that will be done only after previous car is sold.
He said only NCB certificate from previous insurence company is not enough and Form 58 showing sale of car is also required.
Old 10th June 2013, 20:15   #2579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
only NCB certificate from previous insurence company is not enough and Form 58 showing sale of car is also required.
Thats strange. Form 58 I am hearing for the first time. To get the NCB letter either you provide a copy of the docs which were submitted to RTO for car transfer or the new RC after the car is transferred. Both of them are valid. Delivery note is also a valid document to confirm the car sale.

Nowa days its a norm to submit the RTO transfer and Insurance transfer documents parallely so that by the time the transfer happens, your Insurance also gets transferred to the new owner.
Old 17th June 2013, 02:00   #2580

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
There are not many Insurance co which offer zero dep for a 5 yr old car, if the car is in the 5th year then it might be the last year to opt for a zero dep. The zero dep option value does not change with the age of the car, its the same for a new car as well as an aged car.

Whats the IDV they have quoted? I hope you have a rough idea about the IDV based on age depreciation. Bharati Axa ia relatively new in the car insurance market so tread carefully. The claim settlement process with them is not yet known.
Guys. Finalizing on this quote from Bajaj Allianz . This is a comprehensive policy with the voluntary excess of Rs.5000. The premium is around Rs 9870.. Honda assure was working out to be bit expensive. Most probably will buy this. Any thoughts ?
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-quote.jpg  

Most Viewed