Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2013, 08:37   #2611
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sx4 Zdi Insurance Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
My concern is whom should i opt Bajaj, Bharati or Reliance for my renewal. I know Bajaj who's premium is for 21k has good service and prompt claim response, where as i not sure about Bharati or Reliance.
I guess this has been the standard question being asked on the forum and my standard answer to that would be First ensure with which Insurance co does your car workshop has cashless tie up for that peace of mind. If you are OK with non cashless types then you can think about other Insurer options.

Amit - In your case did you cross check the renewal quote recd from bajaj on their website, does it match? If you have had good experience with BA then stick to them. Also you havent mentioned whether Bharati Axa quote was for premium with zero dep add on. If that the case, then negotiate with Bajaj reg the premium cost discount. My suggestion - research and then choose.
Old 12th July 2013, 16:35   #2612
BHPian

Re: Sx4 Zdi Insurance Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I guess this has been the standard question being asked on the forum and my standard answer to that would be First ensure with which Insurance co does your car workshop has cashless tie up for that peace of mind. If you are OK with non cashless types then you can think about other Insurer options.

Amit - In your case did you cross check the renewal quote recd from bajaj on their website, does it match? If you have had good experience with BA then stick to them. Also you havent mentioned whether Bharati Axa quote was for premium with zero dep add on. If that the case, then negotiate with Bajaj reg the premium cost discount. My suggestion - research and then choose.
Thanks Buddy!

I am inclined towards Bharati, but really not sure how other customers experience has been. Any idea how is Bharati viz a viz Bajaj?
Old 13th July 2013, 16:28   #2613
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
a.No, dont lower the IDV just for paying lower premium. Stick to the standard IDV calculated as per the depreciation table.

b. You can opt for a different Insurer during renewal. Just check with the workshop with whom they have cashless tie up, they should be having the list. Future Generali definitely has a cashless tie up atleast with Fiat dealer, Thane.
The dealer was not willing to disclose this information except the name of Future Generalli, hope they have some good working arrangements with this company. I have been calling the dealer for the renewal for the last 15 days or more, but the agent never turned up inspite of repeated promises.

Lastly decided to get the insurance renewed from Future Generalli online, the first time I went for this route. The IDV is 8.57L with Zero Dep and the premium is 19966.
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:20   #2614
BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

My current insurance is from National Insurance Company (through Maruti). My SX4 is a 2007 model. The current policy is due for renewal in the next couple of days. Not sure whether I am getting a good quote on the renewal as the quote is for a higher amount for a 45K reduced IDV. I was told that the third party liability premium has gone up now. Please see the below table and advice me whether it is worth to shop around for a lower quote? or does this look ok? The last row is the quote I received just now..
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-ins.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2013, 13:01   #2615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psvinay View Post
I was told that the third party liability premium has gone up now. Please see the below table and advice me whether it is worth to shop around for a lower quote? or does this look ok? The last row is the quote I received just now..
Yes, the TPL premium has been hiked since April 2013, hence even if you have saved on the OD premium, the savings has been nullified by the TPL hike. The quote looks OK and wouldnt matter much since you already have the maximum NCB. I am not sure if you could save anything more than a few hundred if you want to shop outside. You can try it just for the sake of it, but I would suggest stick to present Insurer unless you are not Ok with the service.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 21:01   #2616
BHPian

I am planning to switch to Tata AIG. My current insurance expires next week. If I do take Tata, I will be given a cover note and will receive actual insurance in a few weeks time. So my questions are:

1. Why does Tata take so much time whereas other companies do it online and send you soft copy almost immediately?

2. Is this cover note safe in terms of traffic police check as well as in case of any claim in the intervening period?
Old 25th July 2013, 21:16   #2617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I am planning to switch to Tata AIG. My current insurance expires next week. If I do take Tata, I will be given a cover note and will receive actual insurance in a few weeks time. So my questions are:

1. Why does Tata take so much time whereas other companies do it online and send you soft copy almost immediately?

2. Is this cover note safe in terms of traffic police check as well as in case of any claim in the intervening period?
1. I guess all companies take a week or two to issue the final insurance document.

2. Yes, the cover note is valid for 1 month from date of its issue.
EagleEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 08:51   #2618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I am planning to switch to Tata AIG.
Why specifically Tata AIG then if you are concerned about the late policy paper receipt. IMO Tata does allow online policy purchase but dont know whether they hand out the policy online itself.
Why dont you try Royal Sundaram or Bajaj Allianz where you can buy the policy online and the policy is allowed to be printed from online itself. That should hold good till you get the original stamped document.
Old 26th July 2013, 10:32   #2619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
The dealer was not willing to disclose this information except the name of Future Generalli, hope they have some good working arrangements with this company.
Instead of calling sales department call up the service and talk to workshop manager probably you will get correct picture from them as service manager has no role in selling insurance.
Old 26th July 2013, 12:12   #2620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Instead of calling sales department call up the service and talk to workshop manager probably you will get correct picture from them as service manager has no role in selling insurance.
I was talking to the Service Manager only and he was recommending only Future Generalli.

I have already renewed the policy from Future Generalli online.
Old 1st August 2013, 12:52   #2621
Senior - BHPian

My insurance renewal for the 2009 i10 Asta is coming up soon.

Last year, I paid Iffco Tokio Rs 8192 + tax = Rs 9205 for an IDV of Rs 4,24,840.

This year, I got a quote from Bharti AXA for 7524 + tax, but their IDV seems to be less at 2,75,966. I had a claim last year so my NCB is 0%.

Yet to receive any quote from Iffco Tokio.

In the past 4 years, I have had all claims processed smoothly from Iffco Tokio via HASS. They also have cashless facility with HASS. Never changed insurance for the past 4 years.

Is it worthwhile to shop around a bit this time? How's Bharti AXA from claims handling POV?
Old 1st August 2013, 13:23   #2622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
This year, I got a quote from Bharti AXA for 7524 + tax, but their IDV seems to be less at 2,75,966.
In the past 4 years, I have had all claims processed smoothly from Iffco Tokio via HASS. They also have cashless facility with HASS. Never changed insurance for the past 4 years.
Do you still want to go with Bharati Axa even when they reduced the IDV, they have quoted almost a lakh rupees less. Since you are satisfied with Tffco Tokio, suggest to remain with them. For Rs 1400/- gain in Premium you may lose on the confidence and trust in previous Insurer.
Old 9th August 2013, 14:58   #2623
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I need some advice . I currently have 0 dep insurance cover for IDV 12,59,6000 from Royal Sundaram for 35919.

My insurance expires on Sep 15th 2013.

I have 3 quotes

Liberty Videocon -- 26720 -- UDV 11,40,000
Bharati Axa -- 24490 -- IDV 11,34,000
Sundaram -- 34181 ( 34000 something to be honest) -- IDV 11,32,000

Which one do you guys suggest ?
Old 9th August 2013, 20:20   #2624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadknight5 View Post
My insurance expires on Sep 15th 2013.
I have 3 quotes
Liberty Videocon -- 26720 -- UDV 11,40,000
Bharati Axa -- 24490 -- IDV 11,34,000
Sundaram -- 34181 ( 34000 something to be honest) -- IDV 11,32,000
Can you confirm if the above insurers mentioned do have a cashless tie up with the workshop where you get your car serviced? if so then I would suggest stick with RS. Better if you can confirm with the workshop about Bharati/Videocon's claim settlement record. If ok, then you can opt for the lowest quote. I guess all the above quotes are with zero dep cover also.

BTW which car is this?
Old 9th August 2013, 20:34   #2625
BHPian

Quote:
Can you confirm if the above insurers mentioned do have a cashless tie up with the workshop where you get your car serviced? if so then I would suggest stick with RS. Better if you can confirm with the workshop about Bharati/Videocon's claim settlement record. If ok, then you can opt for the lowest quote. I guess all the above quotes are with zero dep cover also.

BTW which car is this?
Its an Xuv 5OO. Yeah I am checking Bharati AXA. They don't seem to have any garages listed on their website. Videocon has, and I guess I will go with Videocon.

And yes all the above quotes are Zero Depreciation. With Sundaram, its strange that they are giving me a discount of about 1k despite no claims.

My current policy is with Sundarams for 35000 something and the renewal is 34000 something despite no claims.

Last edited by dreadknight5 : 9th August 2013 at 20:42. Reason: Missing information

Most Viewed