Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2013, 15:46   #2671
BHPian

Re: Claim issue with Bajaj Allianz

Quote:
Originally Posted by human_wheels View Post
As far as I know if the damages are in different places you cannot put it in a single claim.

Second that. The way insurance works is - every single incident is an event.

So if you broke your bumper and dented your Fender together - it can be claimed. However if you broke you bumper and kept driving for months and then had a scratch on the fender and went to claim both - it will not work.
Or else you would need to 'prove' both happened in the same incident.
Old 12th September 2013, 15:54   #2672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
Now they rejected the claim for the bumper saying, the dent is also with the scratches which is old scratches.
Ask him to repair the dent and leave the exact number of old scratches as it is.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 16:53   #2673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Second that. The way insurance works is - every single incident is an event.

So if you broke your bumper and dented your Fender together - it can be claimed. However if you broke you bumper and kept driving for months and then had a scratch on the fender and went to claim both - it will not work.
Or else you would need to 'prove' both happened in the same incident.

From my experience I agree two different damage is never approved in one claim. However, I did call customer care and asked. They confirmed saying we can claim multiple damages in one shot but we should report the damage in 24 hours. Correcting is at our convenience but reporting should happen immediately. Which I feel makes sense.

In my case, he is rejecting cos of scratch as one damage and dent is different damage and both are not coinciding to the event and hence claim rejected. I'm all geared up to fight for it. Let them correct only the dent and leave the scratch like @selfdirve suggested.

Last edited by abacusv : 12th September 2013 at 16:56.
Old 13th September 2013, 13:16   #2674
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Attaching the photo of the damage. Now the story changed saying, the damage does not look like a dog hit.
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-imag0234.jpg  

abacusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 13:21   #2675
Senior - BHPian

Does a National Insurance 0 dep cover insurance for a Maruti car pay for the towing charges too? I looked through the policy document, which is only one sheet and doesn't say anything about towing (covered/not covered). I have tried reaching out to them, but no one is even picking the phone for now, so thought of posting it here.
Old 13th September 2013, 15:15   #2676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Does a National Insurance 0 dep cover insurance for a Maruti car pay for the towing charges too? I looked through the policy document, which is only one sheet and doesn't say anything about towing (covered/not covered). I have tried reaching out to them, but no one is even picking the phone for now, so thought of posting it here.
Towing charges limit are generally in the order of Rs 1500/-. Any expenses above limit will have to borne by the customer. Two options - either you pay upfront and get it reimbursed if repair done at FNG or Insurance co bears the charges and deducts from repair charges in case of cashless settlement.
The Rs 1500/- mentioned in the case with most of the private insurers, cant see why should not be the same with PSU insurers too. To be sure, call up the local office and get the confirmation.
Old 24th September 2013, 22:18   #2677
BHPian

I have booked a pre owned civic and would be taking delivery as soon as this shraadh period ends, 6th October.the vehicle does bot have insurance. Now the vehicle has minor scratches on the bumper that should go away with rubbing polish.I don't want to drive out the car without the insurance so would it be a logical idea to get the insurance done in as is condition, the company would be taking snaps of-course and get the photos updated after getting the complete detailing done?
Old 25th September 2013, 08:41   #2678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
I have booked a pre owned civic and would be taking delivery as soon as this shraadh period ends, 6th October.the vehicle does bot have insurance. Now the vehicle has minor scratches on the bumper that should go away with rubbing polish.I don't want to drive out the car without the insurance so would it be a logical idea to get the insurance done in as is condition, the company would be taking snaps of-course and get the photos updated after getting the complete detailing done?
Surprising that you opted to buy the car which didnt have the valid insurance. If the Insurance is done in As-Is condition then you may have to pay a slightly higher premium because of the scratches. Better to get the detailing done and then the Insurance. This way both and Insurer wil see a nice car being driven. BTW how old is the car? Is it being bought fron am individual or a dealer?
Old 25th September 2013, 08:59   #2679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Surprising that you opted to buy the car which didnt have the valid insurance. If the Insurance is done in As-Is condition then you may have to pay a slightly higher premium because of the scratches. Better to get the detailing done and then the Insurance. This way both and Insurer wil see a nice car being driven. BTW how old is the car? Is it being bought fron am individual or a dealer?
The vehicle has/ would not have the insurance by the delivery date as the insurance has 60% NCB , and the person is taking the NCB to the new car. It is a 2007 civic. I suppose the premium remains same in-spite of the scratches although they deduct 10-25% at the time of claim if the claim has a part already dented sort of!
Old 28th September 2013, 14:46   #2680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
In my case, he is rejecting cos of scratch as one damage and dent is different damage and both are not coinciding to the event and hence claim rejected. I'm all geared up to fight for it. Let them correct only the dent and leave the scratch like @selfdirve suggested.
Abacusv,

BA has to settle this - even if they say that this is two accidents, all they can do is to make you pay two excess (policy deductibles). They can't repudiate this. Elevate it to the BA Customer service and CC Insurance Ombudsman

I don't know if the estimate is big enough to warrant a fight

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 15:04   #2681
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Does any one have experience with Oriental Insurance with regard to claims etc?

My 5 year old car got the lowest quote from oriental compared to private guys.

However Oriental guy wants to examine the car before insuring it, even though current policy has not expired. He told me if it is from PSU insurer he will do it based on last year policy document, but with private insurers there are lot of fake policies/cover notes are in circulation, hence he wants to check the car.
Is this true or just marketing gimmick?
Old 28th September 2013, 20:45   #2682
BHPian

My statement might look like I'm a third-world guy - but believe me, I successfully bought insurance through online for the first time.

The primary reason for this being the first time is that all our 3 vehicles (two 2-wheelers and my car) are (now its WERE) insured with New India Assurance and I was not able to renew them online. Today is the last day of insurance of my wife's Scooty's insurance I got it renewed with HDFC ERGO. - Premium Rs.675/- IDV - Rs.14,662/-.

The previous IDV was Rs.16,885/- and premium Rs.616/- (New India)

Now, I have couple of questions here.

1. I was comparing policies in policybazaar.com and also in some insurance provider's website itself.
There was another provider (think ICICI Lombard) who had quoted a premium of around Rs.750/- with the IDV at around 18K.

Would it better to go for a higher IDV always? Asking this because this Scooty is to be used only in my colony for things like grocery shopping etc., No major outings with this puny li'l fellow.

2. The three vehicles have different dates of purchase and hence different dates of policy-renewal.
Scooty - Sep
My bike - Dec
My Car - May.

Is there any way to make all these three aligned to one particular cycle? I know that we can skip renewing for two of those vehicles and then renew them all together . But, is there any LEGAL way to do that?

3. I always have a feeling that the PSUs like New India, National etc., are more reliable than the private players when it comes to claims. Am I right in my assumption? Or, is it just a myth?
However, the PSU's do not offer online facilities and if at all they have, it would be totally user-UNfriendly and pathetic - New India is not allowing to renew policies of vehicles which are more than 5-years old.

Cheers!

Last edited by callvvijay : 28th September 2013 at 20:46.
Old 1st October 2013, 23:43   #2683
BHPian

We ended up with paying insurance twice (at two different locations) due to miscommunication.

Any suggestions on how to get it back the money from 2nd payment?
Old 3rd October 2013, 12:13   #2684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
We ended up with paying insurance twice (at two different locations) due to miscommunication.

Any suggestions on how to get it back the money from 2nd payment?
See the relevent rules below. However, in practice try your luck with the Insurer armed with the knowledge of these rules;

IMT GR.24. Cancellation of Insurance and Double Insurance

A Cancellation of Insurance
(a) A policy may be cancelled by the insurer by sending to the insured seven days notice of cancellation by recorded delivery to the insured‟s last known address and the insurer will refund to the insured the pro-rata premium for the balance period of the policy.

(b) A policy may be cancelled at the option of the insured with seven days notice of cancellation and the insurer will be entitled to retain premium on short period scale of rates for the period for which the cover has been in existence prior to the cancellation of the policy. The balance premium, if any, will be refundable to the insured. Refund of premium will be subject to:
i) there being no claim under the policy, and
ii) the retention of minimum premium as specified in the Tariff.
(c ) A policy can be cancelled only after ensuring that the vehicle is insured elsewhere, at least for Liability Only cover and after surrender of the original Certificate of Insurance for cancellation.
(d) Insurer should inform the Regional Transport Authority (RTA) concerned by recorded delivery about such cancellation of insurance.

B. Double Insurance
When two policies are in existence on the same vehicle with identical cover, one of the policies may be cancelled. Where one of the policies commences at a date later than the other policy, the policy commencing later is to be cancelled by the insurer concerned.

If a vehicle is insured at any time with two different offices of the same insurer, 100% refund of premium of one policy may be allowed by canceling the later of the two policies. However, if the two policies are issued by two different insurers, the policy commencing later is to be cancelled by the insurer concerned and pro-rata refund of premium thereon is to be allowed.

If however, due to requirements of Banks/Financial Institutions, intimated to the insurer in writing, the earlier dated policy is required to be cancelled, then refund of premium is to be allowed after retaining premium at short period scale for the period the policy was in force prior to cancellation.

In all such eventualities, the minimum premium as specified in the tariff is to be retained.

In either case, no refund of premium can be allowed for such cancellation if any claim has arisen on either of the policies during the period when both the policies were in operation, but prior to cancellation of one of the policies.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 09:58   #2685

Hi, I need an urgent advice. Today morning a tempo hit my car maruti 800 from the sides in Chennai. Car doors were damaged and lot of scratches. The service center people assessed it may cost 15k. Now, my car insurance expired on 30th sept and since my brother in law used the car, we forget to renew it. What are the legal options available now. The opposite party wants compromise, but didnt commit any amount. The opposite party got no damage and theirs is the bigger vehicle than mine. The insurance company manager (united India) is known to me but he said he cant help for the expired insurance. Please advice ASAP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks