Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 23:50   #2686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedia2013 View Post
Hi, I need an urgent advice. Today morning a tempo hit my car maruti 800 from the sides in Chennai. Car doors were damaged and lot of scratches. The service center people assessed it may cost 15k. Now, my car insurance expired on 30th sept and since my brother in law used the car, we forget to renew it. What are the legal options available now. The opposite party wants compromise, but didnt commit any amount. The opposite party got no damage and theirs is the bigger vehicle than mine. The insurance company manager (united India) is known to me but he said he cant help for the expired insurance. Please advice ASAP.
Take whatever amount opposite party give and compromise. Don't reveal to anyone that your insurance has expired.
Old 5th October 2013, 00:06   #2687
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

New India Assurance is offering approx 25k for a Zero Dep Insurance while L&T is offering around 17k for the same, for Fiat Linea Emotion Tjet.

A bit confused on which ones to pick. Have gathered that the private players are quick in action to resolve claims.
Any suggestions, views?
Old 5th October 2013, 00:47   #2688

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Take whatever amount opposite party give and compromise. Don't reveal to anyone that your insurance has expired.
Thanks, we did the same. The opposite party agreed to restore the car completely as it was.
Old 5th October 2013, 08:03   #2689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyonwheels View Post
New India Assurance is offering approx 25k for a Zero Dep Insurance while L&T is offering around 17k for the same, for Fiat Linea Emotion Tjet.
Check with your dealer for list of insurance providers who are offering cashless facility there. Once you get the list, take quotes from them. I think L&T is a newbie in the insurance field.
MaxTorque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 10:21   #2690
BHPian

My Altis is insured with TATA AIG now and it's due for renewal. ICICI Lombard is constantly following up with me asking me to renew the insurance with them. Their IDV is less and thus their premium is marginally less.

Apart from the premium, what other benefits or issues ICICI has over TATA AIG? Anything in the fine print that are different? Any experiences with claims with both these providers? Request inputs from those who have experience with both these providers. Will help me to make a decision.

Regards
Rex
Old 8th October 2013, 15:48   #2691
BHPian

So, in case of accidental claim in the present year, the Insurance amount for the coming year will be around 10-15% more than the previous year. No NCB (which is understandable).

XUV500 W8 FWD which costed ~32K for the 1st year is costing 38K now for the second year. Reason mentioned was "there was a claim in the previous year."

Is this is how it is?
Old 30th October 2013, 19:01   #2692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
Does anyone have an experience with Toyota insurance? A salesperson from the dealer's offshoot is pestering me with calls. Their quote is reasonable - not way off from the competitors, and they claim a hassle-free experience for a claim on Toyota vehicle. Some small freebies are added, too, but they will not make much of a difference on the deal.

I have mostly made up my mind, but I wanted to check with the friends here before I draw out the cheque. Can you share your experience

Thanks!
I too am faced with a similar dilemma, my Toyota dealer is also offering insurance at reasonable rate with promise for hassle free experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
+1.I have almost finalized the purchase of a Toyota Etios VD and the SA is pushing for the Toyota insurance saying its hassle-free.He has quoted Rs.30,730 for the zero depreciation/'bumper to bumper' coverage.Inputs from fellow members will be deeply appreciated.
Dr. Nishath did you take Toyota insurance finally? Also which insurance company did you opt for? Toyota has 3 tie ups, they are offering me the option to choose from IFFCO TOKIO, ICICI Lombard and Cholamandalam. Please suggest which one should I opt for?

What is the general feeling about Toyota insurance. Any advice from members would be most welcome.

Thanks
Old 2nd November 2013, 21:26   #2693
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys,
One of my friend is looking for a Insurance for his 3 year old Fiat Punto.

Bharati AXA has given a quote as below.

We have a few questions with regards to the coverage:
- Metal parts
- Denting & Painting

Is the coverage of the above parts OK, as per the market standards ?

Also, the original price of the vehicle was around 7,00,000 - 3 Years back. So is the IDV ok ? And what about the overall premium of 9178 ?

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-111.jpg
Old 5th November 2013, 13:21   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Can some one tell me which insurance company has cashless tie up with Fiat service Centres (KHT/Vecto/Aadya) in Bangalore except Future Generali?
djay,
can you please reveal the eventual insurer you chose for your T-Jet ? What were your premium quotes & the type of policy you opted for ? Any specific reason for parting away from Future Generali ? Sorry for asking so many questions but I am in the same boat & found your post to be the closest to my requirements.
Old 7th November 2013, 15:54   #2695
BHPian

I just renewed my insurance to get Zero dep policy with engine cover from Bajaj Allianz.
Surprisingly, the policy soft copy has no mention of Zero dep policy.

EDIT: Noticed, it is just one fine line somewhere down below. *Phew*

Last edited by acroback : 7th November 2013 at 16:23. Reason: saved
Old 9th November 2013, 17:13   #2696
BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

Hi all,
My 2011 Jazz is up for Insurance renewal. I usually opt for Zero depreciation Policy and go with the dealer policy. Last year I had paid Rs 3990/- for the zero depreciation add-on. This year quote, zero depreciation add-on rate has been increased to Rs 4556/- .Both are from Bajaj Allianz, My question is

1) Does the zero depreciation add on price increases year on year with the age of the vehicle?
2) Is there a way I can buy comprehensive from the dealer and buy the add-on package from Bajaj Allianz directly, if buying the add-on coverage from Bajaj Allianz directly is cheaper?
Old 10th November 2013, 17:12   #2697
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Guys need advice. My XUV is due for insurance renewal and the quotes i am getting is making me confused. From the below mentioned quote, which one do you think is good:

1. IDV 935000 for Rs 22000

2. IDV 855000 for Rs 20700

These are from HDFC however currently i have TATA AIG so is HDFC better than TATA?
Old 10th November 2013, 17:57   #2698
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Guys need advice. My XUV is due for insurance renewal and the quotes i am getting is making me confused. From the below mentioned quote, which one do you think is good:

1. IDV 935000 for Rs 22000

2. IDV 855000 for Rs 20700

These are from HDFC however currently i have TATA AIG so is HDFC better than TATA?
Why are you playing with IDV? That should not change. If the IDV reduces the insurance reduces.

Look at the breakup. There will be a line item commercial discount. That is the negotiable amount.
Old 10th November 2013, 23:50   #2699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Why are you playing with IDV? That should not change. If the IDV reduces the insurance reduces.

Look at the breakup. There will be a line item commercial discount. That is the negotiable amount.
My concern is should i look for more IDV or should i go for less insurance premium? Does having higher IDV help in any other factor than total damage factor?
Old 11th November 2013, 00:19   #2700
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
My concern is should i look for more IDV or should i go for less insurance premium? Does having higher IDV help in any other factor than total damage factor?
IDV is an indicative factor during resale but biggest factor is the total loss amount.

Like I said Insurance is broken up as follows:

1. 3.283% of IDV
2. Less NCB
3. Less commercial discount
4. Add third party
5. Add driver and passenger cover

So the only amount which you have some room to play around with is the commercial discount.

For example my Corolla Altis renewed 2 months back got a commercial discount of 36% after negotiations. It started with 25%.

A diesel car attracts lesser discount % and so does a Mahindra brand.

Toyota, petrol sedan is like maximum possible % since they consider is very low risk vehicle.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks