Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2013, 16:57   #2746
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

For an IDV value of 5L with 35% NCB on a bumper to bumper plan, what premium should I be looking at? I have been receiving conflicting quotes from different companies.

My existing plan is from Bajaj. What is the general feedback on Bharati AXA & Reliance? I was told both are cashless via Honda Insurance

Last edited by mail4ajo : 13th December 2013 at 17:03.
Old 13th December 2013, 17:01   #2747
BHPian

Mail4ajo pls stay away from both Bharti & Reliance. Both have a very poor claim settlement ratio.
Old 13th December 2013, 18:38   #2748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzealot View Post
Mail4ajo pls stay away from both Bharti & Reliance. Both have a very poor claim settlement ratio.
Thanks sir. I think I will try for more discounts from Bajaj.

I received a quote for 14.8K from Bajaj after negotiation. I feel its very close to the 15.3K I paid last year. Any reason why it is not coming down with a reduction in IDV value and 35% NCB. It will be great if you can review the quote and see if there is any scope for more reduction. I can send it to you.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 13th December 2013 at 18:39.
Old 13th December 2013, 19:39   #2749
BHPian

Please send me your previous policy document and current quote from bajaj. Make sure you grey out personal details like name, address(except for city and state of registration) registration no. And engine chassis no. I am technically trained to understand and tell you the reasons. Primarily there are only two reasons why you still see a high quote. 1) increase in third party premium starting April 2013 and 2) insurers have an adverse claim ratio for the particular model you own because of which the own damage discount on your car has Been reduced as compared to last year.
Old 13th December 2013, 19:47   #2750
BHPian

Roadjurno I would recommend Toyota protect over buying direct policy from insurer. It is just not the Zerodep policy but a lot more like engine, consumable items like gear oil, engine oil etc are covered. It is in true sense going to provide cashless facility all over India. In case of accident if the surveyor doesn't come for survey of the vehicle in 4 hours. Toyota dealership is allowed to click photographs and start repairing the car. Toyota has Iffco tokio, chola and icici as consortiums to provide Toyota protect. Trust it helps.
carzealot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 19:51   #2751
BHPian

Sschivate pls go to ICICI's website and log a grievance first. Alternatively you can also register your complaint on www.igms.irda.gov.in and you would then see them following up with you rather.
Old 13th December 2013, 22:52   #2752
BHPian

Hi guys,
I have to renew my car insurance (4 year old indigo Diesel Manza). Planning to go for SBI General insurance, Any feedback on the same ? Tried getting some review but no high success... Thanks in advance
Old 13th December 2013, 23:43   #2753
BHPian

Where is your previous policy from? Any specific issue from present insurer? Have you made claims in previous years? City you are based? SBIGI primarily gets it's business from cars they finance so do check for their cashless tie up in the city you reside.
Old 13th December 2013, 23:58   #2754

Hello,

My car insurance renewal is due in January next year. I own a Hyundai i10 with company fitted CNG. ( In terms of insurance i believe it is called externally fitted as Hyundai does not provide factory fitted ones).

My current net premium is Rs 10,064 and the final premium is Rs 12,084. Its a normal cover and does not include Nil depreciation cover or any other add ons.

I wish to go for Nil depreciation cover this time and for the same i got a quote of Rs 12,450 from TATA AIG. This is including 20% NCB as i haven't claimed anything as of now. Other's like Bharti AXA and L&T have given the same quote plus minus Rs 200.

I am not sure if i am being given the right offer. Could someone tell if its a good deal?
Old 14th December 2013, 00:59   #2755
BHPian

Sidkeenlearner: what is the IDV of your car in the quote given by TATA AIG. Premium entirely depends on this years evaluation. I am assuming your car is a year old. Tata is famous for drastically reducing the IDV's and quoting lesser premium. Make sure your current years IDV is no less then 10% of previous year. Higher IDV's are very helpful in case of theft or total loss of the vehicle.
Old 14th December 2013, 12:08   #2756
BHPian

Re: Post your Insurance query Here...

Quote:
Dear All,

Please feel free to post all your insurance related queries here. I would be glad to answer them with accuracy and to your satisfaction.
@Carzealot, appreciate if you can respond to my query, posted just before this quoted post of yours...
Old 14th December 2013, 13:47   #2757
BHPian

Indian motor Insurance industry inherited its roots from Britain where in case of motor accidents each owner contacts his own insurance company. Unlike states where liability insurance comes into picture in such cases. This in technical terms is called Knock Knock treaty. This primarily was done to keep the no. Of litigations low as in a lot of occasions there's no fool proof method to ascertain it was who's fault actually.
Old 14th December 2013, 14:12   #2758

Quote:
Sidkeenlearner: what is the IDV of your car in the quote given by TATA AIG. Premium entirely depends on this years evaluation. I am assuming your car is a year old. Tata is famous for drastically reducing the IDV's and quoting lesser premium. Make sure your current years IDV is no less then 10% of previous year. Higher IDV's are very helpful in case of theft or total loss of the vehicle.
Hi Carezalot,

You are right the IDV given by TATA AIG is after 10% Depreciation and its value is Rs 3,96,234. (This is including the IDV of CNG kit).

Can you tell me if its a good offer? I would appreciate if you could also tell me the company with whom i should go with.

Thanks.
Old 14th December 2013, 16:46   #2759
BHPian

Can you please check with Tata guys about the own damage(O.D discount). I assume it is 20-25%. See if they can give you 35%. In case not then please go ahead with them. Tata has faster claim settlement process as compared to l&t
Old 14th December 2013, 17:01   #2760
BHPian

schivate: Apologies for delayed reply. ICICI and your agent both are giving misleading statement. Ideally, NCB is a declaration from Insured's end which if found false would result in repudiation of a claim(In case you log one) worst case scenario the policy would stand cancelled inter-Alia( from very 1st minute). In your case ICICI should respect the NCB letter you have produced and refund it. Least they can do is to pro-rate the NCB refund calculating the no. Of days you took to produce the letter post renewal. So worst case scenario they should give you NCB refund for approx. 11 months.

Most Viewed