Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2014, 17:23   #2971

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@khan

Two things to b checked:
1) Does HDFC have a cashless tie up with the VW workshop where you normally service? Also enquire if they have a pan india tie up with VW?
2) Confirm the IDV is correct. In your case the IDV should be ideally 30% less than the current exshowroom cost of the Variant.

If the above are confirmed then HDFC would be a good choice.
Thanks for your response @ghodlur. I went ahead and bought the Insurance from HDFC ERGO today.

1) Yes they do have Cashless tie up with 2 VW workshops in Bangalore (Apple VW and Elite VW) and they do have tie up with all major VW workshops across India.

2) I checked on the IDV and the response i got was its correct as the Ex showroom price of Vento has gone up compared to last year as per their charts.
Old 27th April 2014, 09:20   #2972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Is it better to get the insurance on a higher IDV?
How exactly will the IDV come into picture when making claims?
Is it only for the case where car is claimed to be a total loss?
No, its not better to opt for higher IDV, remember higher IDV is normally left to the customer to decide. Insurance co will entice you with higher IDV's.
IDv does not come into picture during normal claims unless it is a total loss or constructive total loss. Pls see the Insurance policy for the finer print.
Old 28th April 2014, 19:13   #2973
BHPian

Hello, I noticed this clause in my friends Reliance Insurance with 0 Depreciation Cover.

'No indemnity shall be granted to Total Loss/ Constructive Total Loss/ Theft claims.'

You can see same mentioned in Reliance website too. Does it mean that the insurance will not pay the IDV in case of Total loss or theft? I haven't seen this in my Bajaj Allianz insurance.
Old 28th April 2014, 21:27   #2974

Hello, bhp-ians.

I need some advise on insurance claim with Bajaj Allianz (as part of Hyundai Assurance package).

I drive a Verna Fluidic and in a freak accident had to run over a huge pothole to avoid an oncoming cycle (in wrong direction) .

The damage sustained by the car was:-

1. Both Front alloys bent. ( to the extent that one tyre lost complete pressure immediately). One rear alloy has a very small bend. (visible only on fine examination)

2. Front bumper had scrapped off on right side.

3. All 4 tyres developed a sidewall bulge due to the impact.

I claimed for all the damages and Bajaj Allianz has paid for the Bumper repair and Two alloys.

Coming to the troubled issue:

The company says that the side wall bulge is a manufacturing defect and not due to external damage.

I got all the tires inspected from bridgestone engineer who confirmed that the plies of all four tyres had got cut due to external impact. He even showed them to me. The same report has been submitted to Bajaj Allianz, who say that it is not possible and it is not covered under insurance.

Their policy on tyre damage says that tyre damage will be considered only if there is some other damage to the vehicle. Now that they have already passed the claim on other two damages, is it correct that they can refuse to pass the damage to the tires.

Their argument that the tires are old (around 28000 kms) also does not stand as only 3 tires are old and one tyre had just done about 500 kms when the accident occurred.

Their another argument is that this could have happened much earlier as all 4 getting damaged at same time is not possible. Again to counter this , the car had been thoroughly inspected by Hyundai dealer in the Car care clinic they had organised just a week before the accident.

And lastly, that I have a Hyundai Assurance package, is not that the Hyundai delaer responsible to run behind the insurance guys, instead of me running behind the insurance and bridgestone guys.

Views please
Old 30th April 2014, 08:42   #2975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodsdixit View Post
The same report has been submitted to Bajaj Allianz, who say that it is not possible and it is not covered under insurance.

Their policy on tyre damage says that tyre damage will be considered only if there is some other damage to the vehicle. Now that they have already passed the claim on other two damages, is it correct that they can refuse to pass the damage to the tires.
Pramod,

The BA guys are right in referring to the policy wordings. Its indeed the same for most of the Insurance policy. Tyres will be replaced at 50% depreciation provided the Surveyor approves that the tyres have been damaged due to the accident. Now since the tyre expert has confirmed the same but BA will still believe its surveyor report only. Ideally BA should have approved the tyre replacement but at 50% depreciation, you need to talk to some senior BA guys or drop a mail to BA in this regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Does it mean that the insurance will not pay the IDV in case of Total loss or theft?
Thats the std wording in zero dep clause. This means that the zero dep cover is nullifed in case of TL/CTL/Theft and the normal policy would be applicable in such events. Pls note that the zero dep is an addon cover.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 03:34   #2976
BHPian

Hi All,
I am looking to renew my Polo GT's insurance for the second year starting 15/5/2014. It was previously insured with Bajaj Allianz plus Drive Assure for a IDV of 772k at a premium of 44.84k.

For renewal following are the quotes I got,

Bajaj Allianz

As a new customer:
IDV - 730k (drive assure)
Premium - 23k
- 19.5k (wid 5k Voluntary deductibles)

As an existing renewal:
IDV- 730k
Premium- 25k
And I don't get a choice of picking up a voluntary deductible clause as well.

BhartiAXA
IDV - 730k
Premium - 20.8k (zero dep +invoice price cover)

Royal Sundaram
IDV - 650k
Premium - 25k (zero dep + invoice price)

ICICI and TataAIG

-We have been using ICICI Lombard for our other vehicles and have been so far happy, but strangely they don't have GT 1.2TSI listed on their site whereas newer GT TDI is listed.
-I am unable to get a quote online, due to some captcha not appearing. Will give them a ring in the morning.

Bajaj Allianz has a direct tie up with Volkswagen and my local preferred dealer is listed for cashless service. However, I am disappointed at their tactics of luring new customers with discounts and milking existing ones (guess its the same wid all, no?) Also can someone clarify whether Bajaj Drive Assure includes invoice price cover, there is no mention of it on the policy details and there is no option to add one as well.

Royal Sundaram covers my dealer, and also i like the fact that using their Road assistance for minor breakdowns wouldn't cut it into the NCB, but their quote is the highest amongst here.

Bharti seems to be the mid ground, their pricing is good and policy terms are reasonable. The only fly in the ointment is they seem to have listed the local garage under Hyundai and no VW ASC in my town, this particular dealer used to be a Hyundai dealer and this could probably be old info on the site.

As you can see from the long post I am pretty clueless with my choice, kindly help in making a informed choice.

Cheers,
D.
Old 9th May 2014, 08:18   #2977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
As an existing renewal:
And I don't get a choice of picking up a voluntary deductible clause as well.
There is no option for changing voluntary deductible if you directly renew it online. However you can call their number and they can change parameters and provide new application.
Either you can pay with credit card over IVR or you can ask them to send the link with which you can pay online.

I recently renewed Bajaj. My existing policy was with voluntary deduct of 2.5K which I changed to zero.
iamswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 22:51   #2978
BHPian

My car insurance was due on May 5th and I had given a cheque on May 2, 2014, dated 2/5/2014 for the renewal purpose. I was promised the policy within 3-4 days time. Today, when I ask the concerned person (person who is running a company that does insurances of various companies) for my policy, he is giving some lame excuses and says that my car will be inspected tomorrow and the policy will be issued, which clearly means my current policy is lapsed. Also, the cheque has not been passed yet. Should I concerned about anything here like losing no claim bonus, etc.?
Old 10th May 2014, 17:56   #2979
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a query. My insurance , some how , due oversight lapsed 6 months back. It was with bajaj allianz. Had a 50% NCB on it. Have contacted them. Vehicle was phtographed on 06 May 14. I haven't heard from them yet.

Query : Will I lose my NCB ?
Do I need to contact some other company ?
Anything else I need to be aware of ( apart from risks of no third party etc)

thanks
Old 10th May 2014, 20:17   #2980
BHPian

Hi,

I'm in my 2nd Year of my Insurance with HDFC Ergo (Zero Dep) & I have made a claim this year.

Now my renewal is due next month & when I inquired about Zero Dep next Year as well, I was told that since I have made a claim last year, I can't get a Zero Dep Policy next year. Is that true?
Old 11th May 2014, 01:22   #2981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevendraG View Post
Hi,

I'm in my 2nd Year of my Insurance with HDFC Ergo (Zero Dep) & I have made a claim this year.

Now my renewal is due next month & when I inquired about Zero Dep next Year as well, I was told that since I have made a claim last year, I can't get a Zero Dep Policy next year. Is that true?
I made two claims on my zero dep last year, this year renewal is also zero dep.
Get an independent quote from policy bazaar.
Old 12th May 2014, 17:19   #2982
BHPian

I have a query regarding NCB transfer, not sure if it has been asked before

I have a Chevrolet spark 2007 model with 50% NCB in my name. I am buying a new grand i10 petrol in my name as well. I want to transfer the old insurance on the new car and claim NCB on it and get a fresh insurance my old spark. Both the cars would remian in my name. I wanted to know if this is possible. The insurance comapny is United India Insurance Company.

Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 17:23   #2983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevendraG View Post
Hi,

Far from true. unless the car is over 5 years, no one can deny the 0 dep policy. The only thing that gets impacted is your NCB. DUMP the current insurance provider and go with a new one. May I ask who your current insurance provider is?
Old 12th May 2014, 17:49   #2984
Distinguished - BHPian

Try another Insurance company. Sometimes even the staff wont know that it is possible.

One way to transfer the NCB is to pay-off the NCB discount (prorated) on the policy from which you want to transfer, and claim the NCB on the new policy. I have tried this when I got my car last year. The pay-off was lesser than the discount - and more importantly, I was selling the old car.
Old 17th May 2014, 01:05   #2985
BHPian

[Mods: I couldn't find an exact Question as mine already covered here]
Hi All,

Need help to renew insurance coverage for my Oct '99 Zen. Have had a regular policy with Reliance General, coverage will come to an end in 2 weeks time.

Reliance general says:
1. As per latest guidelines of IRDA, Private insurers shouldn't insure cars older than 10-12 years
2. Henceforth, IRDA has only allowed Public Insurers like Oriental, National, New India etc - to cover older cars.

My thoughts:
1. Checked the IRDA website, it isn't quite updated & doesn't have any such info.
2. Is Reliance acting smart - Unfortunately I had 2 claims with them during last year. The claims were settled smoothly though.
3. I didn't call up any Public Insurer yet, the very thought of having to deal with these guys is yet to sink in
4. The last IDV was a mere Rs. 68K, but still I don't prefer 3rd party liability policy.
5. Car is in good condition, no worries on any inspection.

Last edited by gearedup : 17th May 2014 at 01:16.

Most Viewed