Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2014, 09:04   #3181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I just think of it like this: It costs me Rs 2500 per month, for complete peace of mind. Considering this is around the same as a general mobile telephone bill, I guess it puts things in perspective.
Yes, this is the perfect way of thinking when you are spending 30K.

0% Dep. should be taken for 5 year's. In long run I believe you are gaining more then loosing.
Old 29th November 2014, 10:19   #3182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
My Skoda Rapid TDI Elegance 2011 insurance is up for renewal. Here are the quotes I have got for zero dep. insurance policy
Insurance quotes I have got for IDV : 7,09,943/- with 35% NCB are as follows
Future General: 20,714/-
Bharati Axa: 21,870/-
HDFC: 24,560/-
Tata AIG: 21,540/-

I have my current policy with TATA AIG. Should I simply continue with them? Any inputs are appreciated.

Hi

I would suggest to kindly check with your workshop if they have cashless tie-ups with all the above mentioned companies and then take a call by comparing the cheapest quote among those.
Old 1st December 2014, 14:34   #3183

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Hi Guys.
Please help me to solve this.

I have registered a claim for damaged side mirror, fender and tyre.
In case of tyre, I contacted Surveyor who told I can buy from outside.
But the Service Center guy say, tyre has been replaced and we can't remove now.
Tyre is useless JK Tornado for Rs.4000 for which I need to pay 50%.

What do I need to do?
Old 8th December 2014, 10:36   #3184
BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Skoda Rapid TDI Elegance, make: 2011, IDV : 7,09,943/- with 35% NCB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
Check with your regular service center as to whom they have the cash less tie up with and go with them. You can always bargain with a quote in hand with the preferred insurance provider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by advaninilesh View Post
I would suggest to kindly check with your workshop if they have cashless tie-ups with all the above mentioned companies and then take a call by comparing the cheapest quote among those.
Both Tata AIG & Future General are having cashless tie-up with my primary service centre(Vinayak Skoda).
I took the plunge and gone ahead with Future General insurance for 19,540/-premium with add on (bumper to bumper).
Old 9th December 2014, 16:13   #3185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balavj27 View Post
Hi Guys.
Please help me to solve this.

I have registered a claim for damaged side mirror, fender and tyre.
In case of tyre, I contacted Surveyor who told I can buy from outside.
But the Service Center guy say, tyre has been replaced and we can't remove now.
Tyre is useless JK Tornado for Rs.4000 for which I need to pay 50%.

What do I need to do?
Please talk to surveyor once again, ask him of which amount he will pay 50%. I mean, what type of Tyre he will pay.

I don't think service center guy will take back the Tyre. you should have told him earlier that you will buy Tyre on your own.

One thing you can do is, take this Tyre and sell it back in the market and go for the Tyre you want and pay the difference. I am hopeful that you will get the good buy back value for this Tyre as this would be an unused Tyre.
rjvora_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 16:18   #3186
BANNED

Yes, once the tyre has already been fixed, they would not take it back, unless you had explicitly told them about your decision to buy the tires outside.

As @rjvora_2000 suggests, take it to a outside tyre shop and get it exchanged if you wish, else keep this as a spare and use the remaining ones.

What make are the other 3 tires on your car?
ILTDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 14:47   #3187

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Please talk to surveyor once again, ask him of which amount he will pay 50%. I mean, what type of Tyre he will pay.

I don't think service center guy will take back the Tyre. you should have told him earlier that you will buy Tyre on your own.

One thing you can do is, take this Tyre and sell it back in the market and go for the Tyre you want and pay the difference. I am hopeful that you will get the good buy back value for this Tyre as this would be an unused Tyre.
Surveyor was fine with submitting separate bills. Hence, had an argument with the supervisor. He first said no. Then, I had to politely discuss the manager and told my concerns about the tyres. It is useless to put one new tyre with 3 bald tyres. He helped me to solve this issue and removed their tyre.

Quote:
Yes, once the tyre has already been fixed, they would not take it back, unless you had explicitly told them about your decision to buy the tires outside.

As @rjvora_2000 suggests, take it to a outside tyre shop and get it exchanged if you wish, else keep this as a spare and use the remaining ones.

What make are the other 3 tires on your car?
Problem Solved. Replaced three bald JK tyres(26500kms) with four Yokohama E400 185/70 R14. Billed one tyre separately and submitted in Insurance office.

Thanks for your replies.
Old 11th December 2014, 17:24   #3188
Senior - BHPian

Friends - Need a quick help here. My Safari Insurance is due for renewal and the existing one is valid till the 22nd of this month. I called up Royal Sundaram, the current insurer for a quote etc..

Now, here's a small twist - My car was on company lease and I had promptly transferred it to my name last year. Royal Sundaram is now asking me to get a NOC to make sure I get the NCB for the fresh insurance. Meanwhile I had left my previous organization and not sure whom to go and ask for the NoC.

Is this how it works? Is there a way out to get the NCB without the NoC ? It might have got covered elsewhere in this thread, but when I saw 200 pages, I thought it better to ask this even at the risk of this being already covered. Any insights will help me. Thanks.
Old 11th December 2014, 17:54   #3189
Senior - BHPian

Guys ,

I am looking at booking a new car in exchange for the ( not so ) Amaze. Havent decided on which one . I have a NCB of 20% on this car and I would want to transfer this to the new vehicle .

I know this was discussed earlier , but somehow not able to source the same .

This is Iffko Tokyo and their customer care is just useless . They arent able to answer my queries on NCB at all
Old 11th December 2014, 18:00   #3190
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Guys ,

I am looking at booking a new car in exchange for the ( not so ) Amaze. Havent decided on which one . I have a NCB of 20% on this car and I would want to transfer this to the new vehicle .

I know this was discussed earlier , but somehow not able to source the same .

This is Iffko Tokyo and their customer care is just useless . They arent able to answer my queries on NCB at all
It is a pretty simple process. You need to have them provide you with a NCB retention letter, they will charge you pro-rata for the current car insurance in lieu of the insurance and this NCB retention letter can then be used to get discount on your new car insurance.
ILTDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 18:33   #3191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is a pretty simple process. You need to have them provide you with a NCB retention letter, they will charge you pro-rata for the current car insurance in lieu of the insurance and this NCB retention letter can then be used to get discount on your new car insurance.
Iffko Tokyo customer care has no clue on this ! So , should I go the Honda dealership or is it a local branch ?
Old 11th December 2014, 19:00   #3192
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Iffko Tokyo customer care has no clue on this ! So , should I go the Honda dealership or is it a local branch ?
It has to be the insurance branch, Honda may not be of much help. Why don't you write to IFFkO tokyo and then take it from there. Normally, the email CS is much better than calls.
Old 12th December 2014, 09:41   #3193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Now, here's a small twist - My car was on company lease and I had promptly transferred it to my name last year. Royal Sundaram is now asking me to get a NOC to make sure I get the NCB for the fresh insurance. Meanwhile I had left my previous organization and not sure whom to go and ask for the NoC.
Friend NCB is not transferable. Let anyone issue a NOC, still NCB will not be transfer from your company to you. Still for your satisfaction get this thing confirmed from the insurance companies customer service.
Old 12th December 2014, 17:23   #3194
BHPian

My car (Ford Ikon 1.6 ZXI - 2003 registration) met with an unfortunate accident last week and suffered extensive damage to all 4 doors, roof, front bumper, wind shield, etc..

Initial quotation for repair from Elite Ford service center is 2.43 lakhs .
They have included repairable parts also into replacement and I guess actual amount may be in the range of 1.2 ~ 1.5 lakhs.

My car's IDV value is 2.1 lakhs and the insurance is from ICICI (Comprehensive). The surveyor from ICICI checked the vehicle and said, will submit the report by next week.

Now I am not sure, how to go about it . It's more than 10 year old car, whether to go for repair or cash loss or this will be applicable for claiming total loss?
Old 12th December 2014, 17:26   #3195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
Now I am not sure, how to go about it . It's more than 10 year old car, whether to go for repair or cash loss or this will be applicable for claiming total loss?
Sorry to hear about the accident, hope no one was hurt.

I would suggest you go in for total loss. Even with a lowered estimate of 1.5L, it is still more than 70% of the IDV of the car.
It's a ten year old car and even with proper repair the car will not be the same as before.
Ikon 1.6 has terrible resale value in the market and with the accident repairs, the car will be worth peanuts in the market.

Make a claim for total loss and move on.

Last edited by speedmiester : 12th December 2014 at 17:27.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed