Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2015, 11:37   #3496
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Does the Mahindra Workshop where you would service the car have a cashless tie up with Liberty Videocon?
Is the Insurance from Videocon provided free by the dealer??
Thanks for the quick revert.

I am not really against any new player in Insurance sector, but never heard about Liberty-Videocon insurance hence a bit too reluctant. Already had bad experience with Icici and Tata. I prefer Bajaj Allianz and dealer will call me once he gathers the relevant info. Insurance is not provided free by the dealer and he is charging 9000 total including zero dep.

Regards,
Lalit

Note from Support: Post edited for grammar.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th November 2015 at 01:00. Reason: See note.
Old 9th November 2015, 11:56   #3497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post
Insurance is not provided free by the dealer and he is charging 9000 total including zero dep.
Hi Lalit,

9000 bucks for Scorpio??? Surprised at such low value of the Insurance. Surely the car IDV must be more than 10L, are you sure the premium is correct? try online quotes to get a more realistic figures so that the dealer does not take you for a ride.
Old 11th November 2015, 23:23   #3498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post
Thanks for the quick revert.

I am not really against any new player in Insurance sector, but never heard about Liberty-Videocon insurance hence a bit too reluctant.Already had bad experience with Icici and Tata.I prefer Bajaj Allianz and dealer will call me once he gathers the relevant info.Insurance is not provided free by the dealer and he is charging 9000 total including zero dep.

Regards,
Lalit

Hi, are you sure it's 9000 ? Surely, must be a typo somewhere :-)

Even I need info on Liberty Videocon as my dealer is offering that for 20k upon delivery of my Figo 1.5 D next week. The other option would be 25-26k for a comprehensive Ford assured insurance with nil-dep, from any of their approved partners like Bajaj Allianz. The dealer is assuring me that the Liberty Videocon offer is also a cashless one and they are offering it without the dealer commission to me since I had bargained.
Still confused on which one to go for ! Could someone advise on which insurance package to go for ?

Regards

Last edited by aah78 : 12th November 2015 at 01:01. Reason: Quote edited.
Old 12th November 2015, 09:05   #3499
Distinguished - BHPian

You can opt for Liberty Videocon without any worries. They have been in the market for sometime now. I had my Nissan sunny insured through them and also took a claim which was settled without any issues. Individual experiences may vary and can do so across all the companies. So if you are getting a good quote then you can definitely consider them.
Old 12th November 2015, 10:56   #3500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
You can opt for Liberty Videocon without any worries. They have been in the market for sometime now. I had my Nissan sunny insured through them and also took a claim which was settled without any issues. Individual experiences may vary and can do so across all the companies. So if you are getting a good quote then you can definitely consider them.
Thanks, I guess I'll be going for it. The dealer has a tieup and the Ford assured one is 5k higher which is valid all across India. Since there are no other discounts on offer, I will take this for the first one year and console myself that I have got something reduced atleast.
Hope I can take the ones with national coverage in the later few years.

Regards
Old 12th November 2015, 13:13   #3501
Distinguished - BHPian

Have been shopping around for insurance quotes for the TUV300 and the best I have received is 21K (including Zerp Dep) from Oriental. Private players like Bajaj, Tata offering this at 26K. While on paper the terms and coverage from all players seem to be the same, I am a little perplexed by the 5K difference in price. The IDV is the same - 95% of ex showroom. Any pointers on why this could be the case?

Anyone here using Oriental? Please do share your experience.
Old 15th November 2015, 10:01   #3502
BHPian

Hi, I'm purchasing a new car (probably Polo with a ex showroom of 8.06L). I have already spoke to the SA and informed that I will be taking insurance from outside (reason being their comprehensive insurance is about 30K and then 15K extra for elite insurance). I spoke to the guy in HDFC who has renewed my old car's insurance twice gave me a quote of 24000 with B2B.

Is this a fair deal? And do I need to by the coverage for Hydro lock etc? I never had it earlier and I'm not sure if I will need it in future.
Old 17th November 2015, 15:11   #3503
BHPian

My 2012 XUV 400 W8 is due for renewal. The current IDV will be for 10 Lakhs. I have asked for bumper to bumper with Zero dep. I have quotation from SBI - Rupees 24000, National Insurance - Rupees 24203 and Liberty Videocon - Rupees 26980. Kindly suggest which would be the best option.
Old 17th November 2015, 17:54   #3504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
My 2012 XUV 400 W8 is due for renewal. The current IDV will be for 10 Lakhs. I have asked for bumper to bumper with Zero dep. I have quotation from SBI - Rupees 24000, National Insurance - Rupees 24203 and Liberty Videocon - Rupees 26980. Kindly suggest which would be the best option.
24000 is about a good estimate. 26980 from Liberty Videocon is high. Please do also check with your dealership to see which insurance company has cashless transactions with them and then see their quotes. Anyone around the 24000 estimate will be good for that IDV.
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 07:16   #3505
Senior - BHPian

I took out a b2b policy from Royal Sundaram on 31st October for my new Aspire. On reading the policy document properly now I realised that the NCB protection clause had not been selected. Is there anyway I can include that in my policy now.
Old 23rd November 2015, 11:07   #3506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Have been shopping around for insurance quotes for the TUV300 and the best I have received is 21K (including Zerp Dep) from Oriental. Private players like Bajaj, Tata offering this at 26K. While on paper the terms and coverage from all players seem to be the same, I am a little perplexed by the 5K difference in price. The IDV is the same - 95% of ex showroom. Any pointers on why this could be the case?

Anyone here using Oriental? Please do share your experience.
Ideally the difference between the quotes for the same IDV should not be huge. Just check the quotes line by line so that you know where the price jump is. Oriental is national Insurance player with sarkaari attitude. There have been good and bad experiences during claim processing. Just ensure that Oriental does have a cashless tie up with the workshop where you intend to service the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Is this a fair deal? And do I need to by the coverage for Hydro lock etc? I never had it earlier and I'm not sure if I will need it in future.
Have you compared the quote with online quote from HDFC or from other Insurers? If you had good experience with HDFC, you can opt for it.
Hydrostatic lock is an add on cover and would be an useful option if your daily commute involves travelling through water logged areas esp in monsoons. If you don't travel in such areas, then you can skip it. If the add on cover cost does not pinch your pockets much, then suggest you opt for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I took out a b2b policy from Royal Sundaram on 31st October for my new Aspire. On reading the policy document properly now I realised that the NCB protection clause had not been selected. Is there anyway I can include that in my policy now.
Add on covers cannot be purchased mid policy year. You will have to wait till the Insurance policy renewal for opting the add on cover.
ghodlur is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 09:52   #3507
VKM
BHPian

Guys
Does royal sundaram provide 24*7 roadside assistance? in their website they say they do, but i cant find a separate add on cover.so when i buy online how can i make sure i have roadside assistance?
Also has anyone made a claim, how is their service & roadside resistance?
Old 24th November 2015, 10:35   #3508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKM View Post
Guys
Does royal sundaram provide 24*7 roadside assistance? in their website they say they do, but i cant find a separate add on cover.so when i buy online how can i make sure i have roadside assistance?
Also has anyone made a claim, how is their service & roadside resistance?
Royal Sundaram has a tie up with myTVS which provides the Road side assistance. Atleast thats what they gave me free when I opted for insurance from them. Just check with RS if they are still offering myTVS, then you would not have to buy a separate add on cover.

If not you can buy the RSA from myTVS directly too.
http://www.mytvs.in/foryou/roadside-assistance

I had once tried their services (just for sake of checking) when my earlier Fiesta had a flat tyre. The service was good.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 15:09   #3509
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone help me with a 'contact' at National Insurance? My car's insurance claim was forwarded by the regional office to the MotorHub on the 8th of October. It's been more than a month ( almost two months, now that I think of it!), but the amount hasn't been credited to my account. I'm sick of calling the ROs, who appear to be clueless and simply pass the buck.
Old 27th November 2015, 13:13   #3510
BHPian

Hi, have a 3 year old Etios Liva GD for which past 2 years insurance was taken from dealer ( Harsha Toyota Chennai). This is bumper to bumper zero dep ICICI Lombard. For this year premium is coming to Rs.15670/-.
Now for this year when I checked ICICI Lombard online the premium comes to Rs.11550/-.
So far I have not claimed any insurance.
After calling ICICI customer care came to know that NCB cannot be transferred since this is dealer to online conversion. Is this true?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks