Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2015, 13:34   #3511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi, have a 3 year old Etios Liva GD for which past 2 years insurance was taken from dealer ( Harsha Toyota Chennai). This is bumper to bumper zero dep ICICI Lombard. For this year premium is coming to Rs.15670/-.
Now for this year when I checked ICICI Lombard online the premium comes to Rs.11550/-.
So far I have not claimed any insurance.
After calling ICICI customer care came to know that NCB cannot be transferred since this is dealer to online conversion. Is this true?
BS...
ICICI makes it a point to take every customer for a ride. When you bought the Insurance from dealer, there would have been an ICICI policy number isn't it. Just go online and renew using the policy no. Regarding NCB, it will remain intact, don't worry about it.

This means for the past couple of years you have been paying higher premium and the dealer is pocketing a nice sum from you. Time to go online.
Old 27th November 2015, 15:19   #3512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
BS...
ICICI makes it a point to take every customer for a ride. When you bought the Insurance from dealer, there would have been an ICICI policy number isn't it. Just go online and renew using the policy no. Regarding NCB, it will remain intact, don't worry about it.

This means for the past couple of years you have been paying higher premium and the dealer is pocketing a nice sum from you. Time to go online.
Thanks for quick reply.
Now the policy no. Is TIL/********. The system is not accepting this number since this is through Toyota. Please advise.
Old 27th November 2015, 15:53   #3513
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, have a 3 year old Etios Liva GD for which past 2 years insurance was taken from dealer ( Harsha Toyota Chennai). This is bumper to bumper zero dep ICICI Lombard. For this year premium is coming to Rs.15670/-.
Now for this year when I checked ICICI Lombard online the premium comes to Rs.11550/-.
So far I have not claimed any insurance.
After calling ICICI customer care came to know that NCB cannot be transferred since this is dealer to online conversion. Is this true?
NCB is associated to a person and not to the car or the dealer.

Even after you have sold the car and say the Insurance policy carried 50% NCB, you can buy a new policy for your car and use this 50% NCB to reduce the insurance price.

Both ICICI and Deals seems to be taking you for a ride. Jago Grahak Jago.
Old 27th November 2015, 16:00   #3514
BHPian

Quote:
NCB protection is not car specific, but Insurance co specific. It is upto the Insurance co to offer this dd on cover. Currently the add on cover is offered by Royal Sundaram, Future Generali, Bharati Axa, HDFC Ergo, Tata AIG, Bajaj Allianz etc. I think all major players do offer the NCB protection add on cover.
I have taken the NCB protection while renewing insurance for my Car this year but later found a couple of T&C's -
a) NCB will be retained only for the first claim.
b) NCB protection will be provided only if the Policy is renewed with the same Insurance Provider from whom the NCB cover has been purchased (Future Generali in this case).
Old 27th November 2015, 16:11   #3515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
I have taken the NCB protection while renewing insurance for my Car this year but later found a couple of T&C's -
a) NCB will be retained only for the first claim.
b) NCB protection will be provided only if the Policy is renewed with the same Insurance Provider from whom the NCB cover has been purchased (Future Generali in this case).
The second condition is unacceptable. How can the Insurance co force the customer to continue to renew with them. Is this documented in the add on cover?
Old 27th November 2015, 16:26   #3516
BHPian

Quote:
The second condition is unacceptable. How can the Insurance co force the customer to continue to renew with them. Is this documented in the add on cover?
Yes, it is there in the policy I received and was the first time I came to know about any such condition.

Has anyone on forum availed of the same and also experienced what happens if they happen to take a claim?

Meanwhile just to add, my previous policy was of Bharti AXA and it was a Zero Dep Policy.

Bharti Axa surprisingly had unlimited Zero Dep Claims allowance policy, whereas in other Insurance companies, it is usually capped at 2.
I took 3 claims under the same (all of them totalling around INR 62K), all as Zero Dep, Paid 2K + consumables each time (around 6700 in total) and it was absolutely hassle free. 5 straight Stars from me.

This was for SKODA Rapid.

If they would have given me a competitive quote, I would have renewed from them.
Old 27th November 2015, 17:24   #3517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Meanwhile just to add, my previous policy was of Bharti AXA and it was a Zero Dep Policy.

Bharti Axa surprisingly had unlimited Zero Dep Claims allowance policy, ... and it was absolutely hassle free. 5 straight Stars from me.

If they would have given me a competitive quote, I would have renewed from them.
I think may this is why they have to charge you higher premium. Even though both are insurance policies for the same car, one (Bharti Axa's) is better - unlimited claims, hassle free dealings etc.
Alto and Rapid, both are cars. But one gives better features and feeling and you pay higher for that.
You were ready to pay more for a Rapid, but not ready to give few thousands extra for a better insurance coverage (that too, tried and tested and one which you were happy with). You can't get everything, pluses comes with minuses. Always.

Last edited by JohnyBoy : 27th November 2015 at 17:26.
JohnyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 22:19   #3518
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for quick reply.
Now the policy no. Is TIL/********. The system is not accepting this number since this is through Toyota. Please advise.
Hi, finally went ahead with Bharati Axa zero dep at Rs.9968/-. The customer care chap guided me through the procedure, since policy no. provided by Toyota was not accepted by system.

ICICI Lombard CC executive told that it is not possible to renew and convert dealer insurance to online one. I let it pass.

Thanks for your advice.
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:10   #3519
BHPian

Need some advice,

I need to renew my car (Punto 1.3 Emotion) insurance which is going to end on 15th December and I have quotes for Comprehensive policy from 3 different insurance companies. Please suggest me which is the better one.

Car Details

Make & Model: Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Emotion
Registration year: 2013
IDV Values: 5.15 lakhs

Bajaj allianz - Rs. ~10,700

future generali - Rs. ~10,400

SBI Insurance - Rs. 9,870
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:38   #3520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvvishwa View Post

Bajaj allianz - Rs. ~10,700

future generali - Rs. ~10,400

SBI Insurance - Rs. 9,870
There is not much difference in the quotes. Diff is less than 5-10%.
You check with your service centre - which company has cashless tie-up with them. And go with that insurer.
JohnyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 14:16   #3521
BHPian

I sold my earlier car in 2014 Jan and got the NCB certificate from the then insurance provider with 45% NCB. When I bought my new car at the same time, the dealer provided the insurance from some other vendor as part of the deal, hence I did not utilise the NCB at that time. This year, when the insurance is up for renewal, my first insurance provider is offering me only 45% NCB. He is not including the benefit for this year (I have not made any claims under the current policy). Is this correct ?
Old 7th December 2015, 16:31   #3522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
I sold my earlier car in 2014 Jan and got the NCB certificate from the then insurance provider with 45% NCB. When I bought my new car at the same time, the dealer provided the insurance from some other vendor as part of the deal, hence I did not utilise the NCB at that time. This year, when the insurance is up for renewal, my first insurance provider is offering me only 45% NCB. He is not including the benefit for this year (I have not made any claims under the current policy). Is this correct ?
Yes this is correct. You cannot add NCB from other Insurance co and NCB from present insurer during renewal. You can use the higher NCB eligibility during this year renewal. Are you renewing with the existing Insurance co?

Ideally you should have used the NCB certificate during buying Insurance for new car. Then you could have benefitted from previous as well as current year NCB.
Old 7th December 2015, 17:18   #3523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvvishwa View Post
Need some advice,

I need to renew my car (Punto 1.3 Emotion) insurance which is going to end on 15th December .. Please suggest me which is the better one.
I would if the service provider has a tie up with your service centre.

Eg: I need to renew the insurance for my A-Star. Have checked with Maruti, and going with one their listed companies, but through another channel.

The service centre will also be able to tell you which company has the simplest claim process (or which ones to avoid).
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 08:26   #3524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The service centre will also be able to tell you which company has the simplest claim process (or which ones to avoid).
Sometimes the workshops are biased when it comes to suggesting Insurance co. So it is always better to enquire the no of claims the Insurance co had to pay in any calendar year. More the no of claims, faster is the claim process. This is not guaranteed but can be an effective way to identify a good Insurance co. Usually the body shop managers are the best people to take an unbiased feedback.
Old 8th December 2015, 09:29   #3525
Distinguished - BHPian

So who will provide the number of claims for that company ?
Point is - out of 6, MASS said 1 is not as simple as the other 5. So are they favoring all the 5 ?
even otherwise, it still leaves 5 insurance companies to choose from.

Last edited by condor : 8th December 2015 at 09:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks