Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2016, 10:45   #3856
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
There was an increase in the premium amount for third party insurance coverage this year by about 40%
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
As it is a relatively minor amount stick with your MGI plan. Though you should be able to renew your existing plan online at the same insurer without any issues. (MGI resells a wide variety of insurer's policies).

That way at least the dealer agent's commission gets saved for you and you still have the same policy so cashless with Maruti will still be there.
Thanks!
I checked the online Maruti Insurance renewal quote from their website and the premium is exactly the same as communicated to me by their agent with the same IDV.
So instead of renewing via the website, will most probably do it through their agent. Might as well help him in his targets.

Another question. Bajaj Allainz via coverfox is giving me an IDV of 99,xxx with same premium amount as Maruti. Where as the IDV by Maruti is 84,xxx. Now I read few last posts and came to the understanding that they actually dispute the increased IDV in case of claims and all.
I am yet to check what was the IDV last year.

So, Bajaj allianz or Maruti?
Old 24th November 2016, 11:10   #3857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Thanks!
I checked the online Maruti Insurance renewal quote from their website and the premium is exactly the same as communicated to me by their agent with the same IDV.
So instead of renewing via the website, will most probably do it through their agent. Might as well help him in his targets.

Another question. Bajaj Allainz via coverfox is giving me an IDV of 99,xxx with same premium amount as Maruti. Where as the IDV by Maruti is 84,xxx. Now I read few last posts and came to the understanding that they actually dispute the increased IDV in case of claims and all.
I am yet to check what was the IDV last year.

So, Bajaj allianz or Maruti?
I suggest you to check the premium amount from Bajaj directly (and not through agents) for a better deal.

If you wish I can refer you an employee working in Bajaj (I have taken many policies from him from last two years and I have got good deal from him), he can give a quote for you. Then you can decide yourself.

KK
Old 26th November 2016, 00:24   #3858
BHPian

I have few questions regarding Maruti Insurance (Maruti don't have their own insurance, but have tie ups with various insurance companies).

When I purchased my Ciaz ZXi in January, I went for insurance via Maruti Insurance from Royal Sundaram. Reasons being, less hassle and the quote via Maruti was lesser than what I got directly from the insurance company. As I'm nearing insurance renewal, I have these questions:

1. Does it make sense to stick to Maruti Insurance? They say that claim settlement process will be much faster and hassle free compared to getting insurance from outside. Is this true from your experiences guys?

2. Is Maruti insurance tied to the dealer in any way? I relocated within the city and would prefer to do further services/policy renewals etc. with another nearby MASS/dealer. Can I go to a different dealer and renew policy?

3. Any issues if I renew online from Maruti Insurance website? (No chance of negotiation as there is no human interaction)

4. Irrespective of the insurance company, the premium is same if I get it through Maruti. Does the insurance company matter in this case? I'm wondering whether each company has difference in tie ups with Maruti service centers across the country. In my case, I'll be going to MASS in either Bangalore or Malappuram(Kerala). Which company will be better?

Thank you in advance!
Old 27th November 2016, 08:33   #3859
Senior - BHPian

Stick to maruti insurance and you can renew your policy online through the website of whichever insurer issued the policy you now hold

There is no need to use a dealer or his broker at all. You can also renew through https://www.marutiinsurance.com/rene...ce-policy.aspx
Old 27th November 2016, 10:53   #3860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
There is no need to use a dealer or his broker at all. You can also renew through https://www.marutiinsurance.com/rene...ce-policy.aspx
The amount shown in website is the highest among all, and there is no scope of negotiation too. That's why I'm confused.
Old 27th November 2016, 12:32   #3861
BHPian

Dear hserus

My year old ertiga insurance is due on 30/11. original insurance was from Royal Sundaram.
Royal sundaram has given me a quote of Rs 24623 for an IDV of 740880 directly.
My dealer has given me a quote of Rs 22470 for an idv of 751000 through Maruti Insurance and the insurer will be royal sundaram. they will also be giving a discount of rs 1000 when paying ,so the premium comes to 21470
All quote include Zero Depreciation cover,Invoice cover and Aggravation cover.

Through the Royal sundaram direct insurance i will be getting Unlimited Zero depreciation claim in a year. this they have given me in writing.whereas through maruti insurance the claim under Zero depreciation will be limited to 2 only.
I am in a dilemma as to go for which one ?
Please advice
Old 28th November 2016, 08:06   #3862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Through the Royal sundaram direct insurance i will be getting Unlimited Zero depreciation claim in a year. this they have given me in writing.whereas through maruti insurance the claim under Zero depreciation will be limited to 2 only.
You need to find out from Maruti whether the zero dep add on cover offered by Maruti or by RS. If so, why would RS offer unlimited claims under zero dep and Maruti limit to only 2. What are the wordings from Maruti in regards to this?

Alternatively you can speak to RS about this and also check whether they can match Maruti's quote. If so, then buying directly from RS makes more sense.

Its frustrating to see Maruti Insurance arm twisting customers on the Insurance part.
Old 28th November 2016, 11:27   #3863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You need to find out from Maruti whether the zero dep add on cover offered by Maruti or by RS. If so, why would RS offer unlimited claims under zero dep and Maruti limit to only 2. What are the wordings from Maruti in regards to this?

Alternatively you can speak to RS about this and also check whether they can match Maruti's quote. If so, then buying directly from RS makes more sense.

Its frustrating to see Maruti Insurance arm twisting customers on the Insurance part.
Zero dep will be serviced by royal sundaram either way. I have spoken to Royal sundaram ,they are unable to match marutis offer. Thats their last and final rate.
Difference of rs 3000 between them. please advice. During the current year have not taken any claims
Need advice as soon as possible
Old 28th November 2016, 11:35   #3864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Difference of rs 3000 between them. please advice. During the current year have not taken any claims
Would suggest to go ahead with Maruti Insurance if you feel you can continue without any claims in the coming year.

But do bring it to Maruti Insurance notice regarding the discrepancy.
Old 2nd December 2016, 19:09   #3865
BHPian

I own a Vento TDI Highline bought in Jan 2013. Current insurance is with Bajaj Allianz and is a Zero Dep policy (Drive Assure Economy). This year insurance premium quote for a 5.5 Lakh IDV is 25K for the same Drive Assure Economy - Zero Dep policy. SBI offers it for 18K and Royal Sundaram for 22K. Bajaj Allianz says they can't go below 35% commercial discount on the OD premium and hence cannot reduce any further. Can you please let me know whether SBI is a good choice when it comes to VW Vento as that is the least in terms of premium amount?
Old 8th December 2016, 08:56   #3866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
I own a Vento TDI Highline bought in Jan 2013. Current insurance is with Bajaj Allianz and is a Zero Dep policy (Drive Assure Economy). This year insurance premium quote for a 5.5 Lakh IDV is 25K for the same Drive Assure Economy - Zero Dep policy. SBI offers it for 18K and Royal Sundaram for 22K. Bajaj Allianz says they can't go below 35% commercial discount on the OD premium and hence cannot reduce any further. Can you please let me know whether SBI is a good choice when it comes to VW Vento as that is the least in terms of premium amount?
Sorry if this comes as late.

Does SBI have a cashless tie up with the VW workshop where you service your cars? If so, talk to the workshop guys about SBI's claim process. If its good and SBI is offering the best deal, it should not be a problem to go for their Insurance provided they do provide zero dep add on cover included in the premium quoted.

One of the reason SBI may be offering a good deal is that it sees you as a possible customer. Before you buy from SBI, try talking to BA about the SBI offer, if they can match you can continue with BA itself. Take an informed decision, Insurance co which offers least premium may not always be the best.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 00:23   #3867
BHPian

I am on the net to renew the insurance of a 5 yr old Wagon R. Currently its on zero dep with Future Generali and looking to renew again with zero dep policy. Only few insurers provide zero dep for vehicle over 5 years and I have to choose between 2 insurers. The following are the quotes from which I have to finalise:

For an IDV value of Rs 2.25 lacs for a Bangalore based vehicle:
1. Tata AIG - ~Rs 9,100/- includes zero dep + engine protector + consumable protection
2. Bajaj allianz - ~Rs 8,400/- includes zero dep + engine protector

A non-zero dep policy (comprehensive policy) will cost between ~Rs 4200/- to Rs 5600/-

The premium for the existing policy was ~Rs 7,800/- with many more add-ons but the premium for this year is higher than the previous year and with fewer add ons :(

The questions are:
1. Considering a driving pattern of 2 to 3 long journeys a year and very short occasional drives in the city, is it justified to spend close to double the premium for zero dep for a 5 year old vehicle?

2. Is it worth spending the additional Rs 400/- for consumable protection provided by Tata-AIG?
Old 9th December 2016, 08:06   #3868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
The questions are:
1. Considering a driving pattern of 2 to 3 long journeys a year and very short occasional drives in the city, is it justified to spend close to double the premium for zero dep for a 5 year old vehicle?

2. Is it worth spending the additional Rs 400/- for consumable protection provided by Tata-AIG?
To answer your questions:
1. You are the best judge in this case. If your driving pattern is very much sober and you have not claimed any insurance in the past 5 years, then you may want to skip it. But IMO zero dep is a saviour and drastically cuts down your part of expenses in case of any claims. My suggestion - Continue it.

2. The consumable add on cover in fact complements the zero dep add on cover. Having only zero dep add on cover still forces you to pay for the consumables used during any claim process and this amount can sometimes be a sizeable ones too. My Suggestion - take it.

In the TATA Aig quote instead of the Engine protector if you opt for the NCB protection add on cover, it would be helpful. So in case of any claims you wont lose your NCB (hard earned over 5 years).
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 22:09   #3869
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry if this comes as late.

Does SBI have a cashless tie up with the VW workshop where you service your cars? If so, talk to the workshop guys about SBI's claim process. If its good and SBI is offering the best deal, it should not be a problem to go for their Insurance provided they do provide zero dep add on cover included in the premium quoted.
VW guys say they do not have tie up with SBI, though Cashless is offered. Basically insurance paper work will be a bit more and Insurance surveyors will scrutinize the car for damage before approving any quote. VW claims its an internal process with BA, wherein owner need not worry about paperwork or any other process. Overall BA saves you effort and the hassle.

Quote:
One of the reason SBI may be offering a good deal is that it sees you as a possible customer. Before you buy from SBI, try talking to BA about the SBI offer, if they can match you can continue with BA itself. Take an informed decision, Insurance co which offers least premium may not always be the best.
BA is a bit adamant with their quote though I showed the SBI quote to them. As expected they claim they have tie up with VW and hence can offer an hassle free claim process. Also Engine protector is an add-on advantage. I am still bargaining.

Anyone has any experience with Royal Sundaram?
Old 14th December 2016, 17:09   #3870
Senior - BHPian

I have a Zero-Dep insurance policy with Bharti AXA for my Jetta. I had given my car for some minor door repair (thanks to gau mata) to my VW dealer - Elite Motors. Today after inspection - the surveyor called me and told me that they will only approve 90% of painting cost at Elite motors - but if i take my car to the other VW dealer Apple Auto then they can cover 100%. Is it allowed and to whom i can take up my grievance ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks