Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2017, 17:20   #3931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
Guys I have to renew my cars insurance this month and had a few questions. I am currently insured with royal sundaram under Ford insurance. If I buy my policy online from policybazar , will ford dealers decline cashless repairs for the car. Do they perform cashless repairs only if the policy is purchased from them? I feel I can get a much more competitive quote online.
As long as you have an insurance policy from either of Bajaj Allianz, Iffco Tokio, Royal Sundaram or National Insurance, the dealership cannot deny you cashless repairs.

For the first year, I had Bajaj Allianz policy that was offered complimentary from the dealership and the insurance premium on the policy was Rs 17,700 odd. When the same was due for renewal,I received a renewal quote for the same policy from them(a company called Tata BSS) of Rs 19,300 odd. Funny thing was initially the policy could not be renewed online on Bajaj Allianz website as the policy was bought through the dealership.

I promptly went ahead and got a quote from Royal Sundaram website for the same IDV as the one quoted by Tata BSS. The premium difference was nearly Rs 5500 and without a no-claim bonus!!!! But I did opt for Rs 5000 as voluntary deductible amount (the quote from Taya BSS/Bajaj Allianz had 2500 as voluntary deductible). Needless to say, I bought that policy from Royal Sundaram.

National Insurance doesn't have online policy buying option. Iffco Tokio website is buggy. Better stick to Royal Sundaram or switch to Bajaj Allianz.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th April 2017 at 19:10. Reason: Corrected as requested.
skanchan95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 17:36   #3932
BHPian

I have been with Bajaj Allianz for all 6 years of Figo ownership. The policy is from dealer , Lathangi Ford, managed by Tata BSS. It's been absolute pleasure of service. Always been offered cashless claims, including depreciation shield. The increase in premium quotes is mostly due to steep hike in third-party insurance component.
ownerofazkaban is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 17:54   #3933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Don't fret. Just renew the same Royal Sundaram policy from the royal sundaram website. You are guaranteed to get better rates plus you can add on a few covers. Ford WILL give you cashless cover because RS is one of their preferred insurers.

I can say this with some authority because I have done the same thing, and I have also claimed the insurance without any special issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Funny thing was initially the policy could not be renewed online on Bajaj Allianz website as the policy was bought through the dealership.
I bought that policy from Royal Sundaram.

National Insurance doesn't have online policy buying option. Iffco Tokio website is buggy. Better stick to Royal Sundaram or switch to Bajaj Allianz.
I am facing the same issue. I am unable to renew from royal sundaram website as it was bought from the dealership. I called them up and they say that I will have to buy the policy from the dealer if i want to stick to royal sundaram. I guess I will give bajaj allianz a try then
Old 9th April 2017, 19:58   #3934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
The increase in premium quotes is mostly due to steep hike in third-party insurance component.
I have always believed that the insurance policies bought from the dealership have limitations in terms of renewals and they fleece you as the premiums are over priced.

These quotes were for my car's policy that was due for renewal on April 17, 2017 and these quotes were inclusive of the insurance hikes. This was confirmed by Bajaj Allianz and Royal Sundaram. I bought the Royal Sundaram policy on March 27,2017. I did not bother contacting Tata BSS as those fellows did not even have the courtesy to reply to my query of why the quoted premium was higher than the first year premium. All these quotes did not have depreciation waiver cover.

This was the quote received from Tata BSS(for Bajaj Allianz). Quoted premium was Rs 19,366(IDV was Rs 5,31,077):
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-img_20170409_190838.jpg

Quote received from Bajaj Allianz, Mangalore (after literally fighting with them for getting online website renewal option for the policy). Quoted Premium was Rs 17,587(IDV was Rs 5,46,606):
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-img_20170409_190740.jpg

In the both the above quotes, I did not have the option of editing the covers or options in the policy.

Quote received from Royal Sundaram for Rs 13,419 for an IDV of Rs 5,45,000 odd. I even got my Reverse Camera accessory worth Rs 13000 included in the policy. Quoted Premium was Rs 13,419.:
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-img_20170409_190659.jpg

You get a greater degree of independence when you buy the policy directly from the website and you get a better deal as well. Just look at the difference in the quotes. The one quoted by Tata BSS on behalf of Bajaj Allianz was grossly overpriced!!

Last edited by skanchan95 : 9th April 2017 at 19:59.
skanchan95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 15:18   #3935
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
I am facing the same issue. I am unable to renew from royal sundaram website as it was bought from the dealership. I called them up and they say that I will have to buy the policy from the dealer if i want to stick to royal sundaram. I guess I will give bajaj allianz a try then
As long as you buy insurance from any players who has a tie up with your dealer, you should get a cashless facility.

Now, if you are not able to buy one of the insurance from the site, please choose another one - they don't deserve a sale by arm twisting.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 13:08   #3936
BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

My Punto's insurance is up for renewal next month. Current IP is Future generali with IDV of Rs. 7.77 L.

I've got following online quotes:-

1) Kotak - Rs. 21408 (IDV - Rs. 676938, Zero dep, consumables and RSA), the website is showing "most preferred plan by Fiat owners in pune", don't know what that means.

2) HDFC Ergo - Rs. 19760 (IDV - Rs. 690000, Zero dep)

3) Oriental - Rs. 15930 (IDV - 647000/-, Zero dep) some catch here ?

Others are offering too low IDV to consider.

Offline quote from Future Generali, Rs. 23500, IDV - 699000, Zero Dep, Consumables and laptops/moble theft, RSA.

I spoke with FG people and told about the other low quotes I am getting with more or less same advantages. They will get back to me with additional discount, if any.

I am being told by FASC that Fiat has a tie-up for cashless claims with Future generali on PAN India basis, however there's is no such info in FG website. Can anyone confirm this?

Expert advises
Old 11th April 2017, 13:52   #3937
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

I just had a weird experience with Bajaj Allianz. My 2015 Jetta was bought with insurance from VW-Bajaj Allianz. They had a special policy called Drive Assure Elite, which offered ultimate coverage including return-to-invoice. This policy is only valid for cars two years and newer, which means this year, the third year, I could no longer buy that specific policy.

They do have a slightly lower coverage policy called Drive Assure Economy, which is what I was planning on buying now.

Now, you should note that the Elite package I had of the past two years permitted two claims per year in the Elite category, and any subsequent claims for that year would fall under the regular "comprehensive" category (meaning not everything would be 100% covered).

I had made one claim the first year (hit an eagle on the highway and broke one of my bi-xenons, a claim for Rs. 60,000). I also had a claim the second year (a stone-chip on the windshield, necessitating a replacement of the windshield - could not be just repaired - expense unknown).

This year when I went to renew, Bajaj-Allianz refused to give me the Drive Assure Economy, they only let me buy the normal comprehensive policy. Reason given - I had made claims in the last two years!

Please note, comprehensive means no bumper-to-bumper, and no zero-dep, and no coverage for the engine-gearbox (which is super important in a DSG car).

To me, this seems unfair. I made one claim in each year, not the two permitted under the Elite category, and not more than that falling under the comprehensive category.

So, am I right in feeling that this is not fair behaviour on the part of Bajaj-Allianz? I cannot purchase the coverage I need simply because I actually used the coverage that I paid for?

Cheers

Last edited by tilt : 11th April 2017 at 13:54.
Old 11th April 2017, 14:54   #3938
BHPian

Re: Maruti Insurance?

My 2009 old swift VDi is up for renewal by 15th. The National Insurance via Maruti Insurance is quoting me INR 82XX/- as premium and when i check on policybazaar am able to get quotes around INR 55XX - 62XX/- as annual premium. The Maruti insurance guys are saying ease of claim/no hassles/cashless transactions at their dealerships as their unique proposition.

Does these guys NOT honor insurance bought online? Are they just plain blackmailing us to go via them? They are easily 25% more than the online market rates. Am I missing anything here?

Please advise.
Old 11th April 2017, 15:07   #3939
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
My 2009 old swift VDi is up for renewal by 15th. The National Insurance via Maruti Insurance is quoting me INR 82XX/- as premium and when i check on policybazaar am able to get quotes around INR 55XX - 62XX/- as annual premium. The Maruti insurance guys are saying ease of claim/no hassles/cashless transactions at their dealerships as their unique proposition.

Does these guys NOT honor insurance bought online? Are they just plain blackmailing us to go via them? They are easily 25% more than the online market rates. Am I missing anything here?

Please advise.
Buy it online, no need to worry on claims. The procedure will remain the same.
This is just arm twisting tactics used by all dealers as they get higher commissions on Insurance sales.

Last edited by speedmiester : 11th April 2017 at 15:08.
Old 11th April 2017, 16:49   #3940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
1) Kotak - Rs. 21408 (IDV - Rs. 676938, Zero dep, consumables and RSA), the website is showing "most preferred plan by Fiat owners in pune", don't know what that means.

2) HDFC Ergo - Rs. 19760 (IDV - Rs. 690000, Zero dep)

3) Oriental - Rs. 15930 (IDV - 647000/-, Zero dep) some catch here ?

Expert advises
I would recommend HDFC Ergo for two reasons:

1. Highest IDV

2. Experience of two friends. One of them got hassle free cashless claim settlement even though the service centre did not sell the policy to him. Everything was done by the service advisor. Experience with Honda and Hyundai. Not sure about FASC though.
ragh_bhushan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 08:15   #3941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Reason given - I had made claims in the last two years!

So, am I right in feeling that this is not fair behaviour on the part of Bajaj-Allianz? I cannot purchase the coverage I need simply because I actually used the coverage that I paid for?
You are already a high risk customer for BA due to claims in two successive years. Imagine you paying approx 20K for premium and claiming 60K in return is actually a loss for BA. Hence they would not offer you the said package. Did you try getting the zero dep add on cover separately? I don't think there is any specific add on cover for gearbox.

If BA is not offering you the said deal, try with those Insurance co with which your workshop has cashless tie ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Purely arm twisting tactics by workshop/dealer. Ask them to match the online premiums. If they don't, buy from outside. But ensure that the policy you buy online from comparator sites like policy bazaar match with the T&C of the policy of the Insurance cos on their official websites. Many a times the wordings of Policy bazaar offered insurance is different from the Insurance co's actual offering.
Old 12th April 2017, 08:51   #3942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
I spoke with FG people and told about the other low quotes I am getting with more or less same advantages. They will get back to me with additional discount, if any.

I am being told by FASC that Fiat has a tie-up for cashless claims with Future generali on PAN India basis, however there's is no such info in FG website. Can anyone confirm this?
Your ideal IDV should be 699300 and FG is the closest to it. You need to bargain hard with FG for bringing the premium comparable to what HDFC offered. Also confirm if HDFC has a cashless tie up with FASS. If yes and if FG does not budge, then best to go for HDFC.

FG does have a national tie up with Fiat, you can get a confirmation with Fiat India or workshop. They do have the documents and I have seen one in FASS in my city but way long back.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 09:56   #3943
BHPian

Thank you for the inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Also confirm if HDFC has a cashless tie up with FASS.
I have confirmed from two pune FASS, except FG they don't have cashless tie-up with any other.

Quote:
FG does have a national tie up with Fiat, you can get a confirmation with Fiat India or workshop. They do have the documents and I have seen one in FASS in my city but way long back.
I got this info from one of the workshop itself. Thanks for the confirmation.

I think it's best to bring FG to as low as possible and then renew from them for following reasons:-

1) Cashless tie up with FASS.
2) Highest IDV.
3) Add on cover of consumables.
Old 12th April 2017, 14:11   #3944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Buy it online, no need to worry on claims. The procedure will remain the same. This is just arm twisting tactics used by all dealers as they get higher commissions on Insurance sales.
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Purely arm twisting tactics by workshop/dealer. Ask them to match the online premiums. If they don't, buy from outside. But ensure that the policy you buy online from comparator sites like policy bazaar match with the T&C of the policy of the Insurance cos on their official websites. Many a times the wordings of Policy bazaar offered insurance is different from the Insurance co's actual offering.
So you mean to say, for policybazaar they have a difference policy than the one they offer on their official website. Why would they do so?

If so, I just have to shortlist insurers on policybazaar and buy it from their official website.
Old 12th April 2017, 14:13   #3945
BHPian

How can I take a policy for a new car from policybazar? What are the documents that needs to be submitted? Please clarify.

Most Viewed