Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2017, 08:02   #4081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
My query is how is it the insurance company allow for a lower IDV and voluntary deductible from a 3rd party site and not their own? Any concerns with going ahead with policy bazaar?
It is not the Insurance co which is allowing lower IDV, it is the comparator website which is giving you the option. That's precisely the reason I have been stressing in many of my posts that the online comparator websites should be used only for comparison.

Are you calculating the correct IDV? If yes, then speaking with the Insurance rep would clarify the reasons for a fixed IDV. IMHO you should not opt for voluntary deductible just because you could lower your premium by a few hundreds or thousands rupees.
Old 18th September 2017, 20:13   #4082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
It is not the Insurance co which is allowing lower IDV, it is the comparator website which is giving you the option. That's precisely the reason I have been stressing in many of my posts that the online comparator websites should be used only for comparison.

Are you calculating the correct IDV? If yes, then speaking with the Insurance rep would clarify the reasons for a fixed IDV. IMHO you should not opt for voluntary deductible just because you could lower your premium by a few hundreds or thousands rupees.
Thank you. The IDV HDFC website is correct, it can be increased slightly if required, but I am not interested in over insuring. Policy bazaars IDV would under insure the car. Shall stick with HDFC but shall go through their website after talking to a rep.
Old 21st September 2017, 20:08   #4083
BHPian

What's the meaning of unnamed passenger / named passenger? How does it affect the policy?

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st September 2017, 20:19   #4084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
What's the meaning of unnamed passenger / named passenger? How does it affect the policy?

Thanks in advance.
Unnamed is any person you pick up in the car. Named could be individuals who regularly use your car - family members, driver etc. There are specific addons / provisions to cover the driver as well, in many policies.

Please read - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rance-faq.html
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 00:02   #4085
BHPian

A very poor service from royal sundaram. The car is ready for delivery since last one week. Final inspection has been done 6 days back but not yet for the delivery order. Talked to several people starting from customer care to local claim settlement team, and all they are giving is false promises.
Old 22nd September 2017, 06:30   #4086
BHPian

Hi all,
My 2013 Brio VX MT insurance is due for renewal. The dealer has given me a quote of 13k for a comprehensive bumper to bumper renewal. Since this is the last year of warranty, is there any point in going for a bumper to bumper? Opinions are appreciated.
Old 26th September 2017, 09:27   #4087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
A very poor service from royal sundaram. The car is ready for delivery since last one week. Final inspection has been done 6 days back but not yet for the delivery order. Talked to several people starting from customer care to local claim settlement team, and all they are giving is false promises.
Surprised to note that the workshop is waiting for delivery instructions from the Insurance co. Ideally it is the responsibility of the workshop to coordinate with the Insurance co to do the paperwork rather than hold the car delivery. You should be chasing the workshop guys or the surveyor, Insurance guys will be of no help here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
Hi all,
My 2013 Brio VX MT insurance is due for renewal. The dealer has given me a quote of 13k for a comprehensive bumper to bumper renewal. Since this is the last year of warranty, is there any point in going for a bumper to bumper? Opinions are appreciated.
You should be opting for zero dep add on till the 5 yrs of ownership with ot without warranty. Remember the zero dep add on cost depends on the IDV, hence IDV calculation should be correct.
Old 4th October 2017, 09:17   #4088
Senior - BHPian

I have searched through the thread, and not sure whether this is being answered anytime.

If my vehicle had a damage in an accident with another car (say a repair estimate of 50K), can I get it repaired by using the other parties third party insurance cover and not touching my insurance. I could only see mixed comments on this regard over the internet; some say it is possible, some say it is not, some say that it is a hassle etc.

Anyone out there who has got a concrete answer?
Old 4th October 2017, 10:24   #4089
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I have searched through the thread, and not sure whether this is being answered anytime.

If my vehicle had a damage in an accident with another car (say a repair estimate of 50K), can I get it repaired by using the other parties third party insurance cover and not touching my insurance. I could only see mixed comments on this regard over the internet; some say it is possible, some say it is not, some say that it is a hassle etc.

Anyone out there who has got a concrete answer?
Possible, but a huge hassle in India

"Making a third party motor claim is not easy. The complex course begins with filing an FIR with the police and obtaining a charge sheet, which, as we all know is a mammoth task in itself. After this, one has to approach a motor claims lawyer who files a case in a special court, the Motor Accident Claims Tribunal. Civil courts cannot decide road accident compensation claims. The case has to be either filed in the tribunal with jurisdiction over the area where the accident occurred or with the tribunal with jurisdiction over the area where the claimant or the defendant resides. The court then hears both sides, examines the evidence, and fixes the liability. If the decision is in your favour, you get compensated for your loss. "

Read here

Last edited by tsk1979 : 6th October 2017 at 01:13.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 19:25   #4090
BHPian

My car got rear ended when another vehicle rammed from left hand side, insurer tells me I need to log two seperate claims though happened through same incident. Is that a con or some stupid guideline ?
Old 6th October 2017, 00:59   #4091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
My car got rear ended when another vehicle rammed from left hand side, insurer tells me I need to log two seperate claims though happened through same incident. Is that a con or some stupid guideline ?
Sounds like a con. Insurer might benefit in case your policy has limited no of claim.
Old 6th October 2017, 08:05   #4092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Did both the incidents happen at the same time? If yes, then definitely the Insurer is taking your for a ride. Tell them firmly that only one claim is admissible or the issue will be raised with the Ombudsman/IRDA.
Old 10th October 2017, 16:03   #4093
BHPian

I had a major damage to the entire left side of my vehicle and both the doors and the front bumper has to be replaced. My car is 2011 make. How much will the insurance cover? This is the first time I will be claiming in last 6.5 years? any ideas how to negotiate.

The dealer is giving a rough estimate of 70-80K including painting. My car is Fiat Linea T-Jet.
Old 11th October 2017, 08:19   #4094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
I had a major damage to the entire left side of my vehicle and both the doors and the front bumper has to be replaced. My car is 2011 make. How much will the insurance cover? This is the first time I will be claiming in last 6.5 years? any ideas how to negotiate.

The dealer is giving a rough estimate of 70-80K including painting. My car is Fiat Linea T-Jet.
Sad to know about the damage. Insurance will cover 100% for all metal parts replacement, 50% for the rubber, 30% for Fiber components (for eg bumper) and 50% for painting charges. What you can do is ask the workshop breakup of the repair based on the above and calculate what the Insurance co is going to pay and how much will be your contribution. I hope you are aware that a compulsory deductible amount based on the car type will also be applicable which is to be borne by the car owner.

Unfortunately, you will lose your accumulated NCB which now should be around 50%. So expect a higher premium renewal next year.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 09:53   #4095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Insurance will cover 100% for all metal parts replacement, 50% for the rubber, 30% for Fiber components (for eg bumper) and 50% for painting charges.
Just a small correction.

The metal parts depreciate as per depreciation schedule as below

Age of the vehicle Vs % of depreciation for metal parts
Not exceeding 6 months Nil
Exceeding 6 months but not 1 year 5%
Exceeding 1 year but not 2 years 10%
Exceeding 2 years but not 3 years 15%
Exceeding 3 years but not 4 years 25%
Exceeding 4 years but not 5years 35%
Exceeding 5 years but not 10 years 40%
Exceeding 10 years 50%

This is as per information publicly available in any insurance policy, IRDA guidelines and various insurance related information available online.

For 6.5 yrs old vehicle, metal depreciation will be 40% upto 10 yrs of age.

Only glass parts are covered 100% irrespective of age of vehicle.

EDIT: A small correction to 50% painting charges:

Rate of Depreciation for Painting : In the case of painting, the depreciation rate of 50% shall be applied only on the material cost of total painting charges. In case of a consolidated bill for painting charges, the material component shall be considered as 25% of total painting charges for the purpose of applying the depreciation, while the labour is covered 100%.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th October 2017 at 15:47. Reason: Adding additional note as per your request. Thanks!
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks