Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2018, 12:41   #4231
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
Dear all,

Insurance renewal for my year old i20 is coming up next month. I've got quotes for Bharti AXA and Bajaj Allianz. Both have the same IDV and same premium including zero depreciation add on. I've the below doubts:

1. They told me that for zero dep, in case of accident I'd still have to pay for consumables. Also engine protector is an add on cover for protection against floods and other issues unrelated to accident. If I want the engine protector and zero consumables payment then the premium will be 3k more. Is it necessary to take the engine protector? Because if it's an accident and the engine is damaged then even the engine parts are covered.

2. Out of Bharti AXA and Bajaj Allianz which one is a better option? Both are under Hyundai Assurance Program. My current policy is of Bajaj Allianz and for my i10 also I've Bajaj from the beginning. I've had very good experience with Bajaj in both OD and TP claims when my i10 met with an accident. So my first choice is Bajaj. The reason why I'm bit confused is, 2-3 different Hyundai dealers have suggested Bharti AXA as their claim process is easier and less time consuming than Bajaj Allianz. I checked this with the body shop department and the claim department of Hyundai dealer as well (maybe Bharti AXA gives them better commission )

Kindly advice.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Dhananjay
I too feel that Bharti AXA has better association with Hyundai, whereas most other ASS has better association with Bajaj. Don't know the reason.

No thumb rule for the add on covers. I have felt zero dep and ncb protection are the most valuable add on covers. Engine protection and conumable cover etc are more useful in luxury cars, not for regular cars.
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 18:17   #4232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
No thumb rule for the add on covers. I have felt zero dep and ncb protection are the most valuable add on covers. Engine protection and conumable cover etc are more useful in luxury cars, not for regular cars.
Thank you. That helps. Could you please advice on whether I should stick to Bajaj Allianz or should I go with Bharti AXA? I enquired with another dealer and they are saying both are the same. There's no difference as both are Hyundai Assurance Program.
Old 29th March 2018, 10:36   #4233
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. That helps. Could you please advice on whether I should stick to Bajaj Allianz or should I go with Bharti AXA? I enquired with another dealer and they are saying both are the same. There's no difference as both are Hyundai Assurance Program.
Go ahead with Bajaj, as you already have a good experience. Hyundai has very good Claim settlement process with all major insurance providers.
Old 29th March 2018, 12:31   #4234
BHPian

Quote:
Go ahead with Bajaj, as you already have a good experience. Hyundai has very good Claim settlement process with all major insurance providers.
Thank you very much! Will go ahead with Bajaj. I got two dealers to provide me the quotes and pitted them against each other. Finally got the premium further reduced by 1.5k
Old 29th March 2018, 12:48   #4235
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much! Will go ahead with Bajaj. I got two dealers to provide me the quotes and pitted them against each other. Finally got the premium further reduced by 1.5k
Double check for the IDV, compulsory deductible levels. These dealers have the knack of quoting low premium and giving a policy which is for lower IDV. Make them send a mail with the quote and pay online only. Tell them to send a direct link to the Insurance company payment site.
Old 29th March 2018, 13:58   #4236
BHPian

Quote:
Double check for the IDV, compulsory deductible levels. These dealers have the knack of quoting low premium and giving a policy which is for lower IDV. Make them send a mail with the quote and pay online only. Tell them to send a direct link to the Insurance company payment site.
I was thinking of going to their showroom and making the payment. A link be better you say? Then I'll ask them to send a link. The IDV is the same even after premium reduction. They have sent it in an email.

Thanks again for the help!
Old 4th April 2018, 07:58   #4237
BHPian

My Grand i10 Petrol Magna is just over 4+ years.
We have always taken the Future Generali auto insurance, and turned to it's Zero dep policy from Year 3. Future Generali just because our corporate tie-up for group vehicles is with them, and I feel safer that I'll be not man-handled during any insurance claim, if any.

We have never claimed insurance ever, and I apologize for being a complete dunce in this matter. Everything is processed by the office guys.

A couple of months back, some miscreant keyed both the FR and RR doors, and the marks are pretty deep and visible.
I want to understand whether I could claim insurance on this, and what percentage would I have to pay? I am also thinking of getting the clutch assembly replaced/overhauled too if i'm claiming insurance.

PS : I am not trying to fleece the insurance company. I presently just am weighing the options or getting the car repaired at minimum cost to me, as the zero dep policy will not be valid from 5th year onwards.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th April 2018, 09:03   #4238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
A couple of months back, some miscreant keyed both the FR and RR doors, and the marks are pretty deep and visible.
I want to understand whether I could claim insurance on this, and what percentage would I have to pay?
You can claim insurance on the repairs, which will most likely be a repaint of the two doors. You'll have to pay at the most 2k, most of which will be administrative fees for the claim. Since there is no part being replaced /repaired, there shouldn't be any other major charge. Also, insurance surveyors are pretty smart in gauging the age of the damage. They don't agree to repairs if the damage seems really old. My SA told me that one should ideally get repairs, that you intend to claim insurance for, within a month or two at most after damage.

Quote:
I am also thinking of getting the clutch assembly replaced/overhauled too if i'm claiming insurance.
This isn't covered by insurance.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 4th April 2018 at 09:05.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 12:20   #4239
BHPian

Hi all. Need some clarification regarding overlapping or double insurance policies.

1.Is it possible to have two insurance policies for the same car - If yes then is it possible to get claims for different accidents from each one of them(no double claim business but genuine claims). If no, which one would be valid or both would be invalid?

2.What happens if there is a overlap of insurance for a couple of days? For example, the insurance ends today 17th april but the new policy has been taken/issued inadvertently from 16th april itself(instead of 18th april). If there is a accident on 16th or 17th which insurance we should claim from.

Last edited by aadya : 17th April 2018 at 12:21. Reason: spelling
Old 17th April 2018, 13:00   #4240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all. Need some clarification regarding overlapping or double insurance policies.

1.Is it possible to have two insurance policies for the same car - If yes then is it possible to get claims for different accidents from each one of them(no double claim business but genuine claims). If no, which one would be valid or both would be invalid?

2.What happens if there is a overlap of insurance for a couple of days? For example, the insurance ends today 17th april but the new policy has been taken/issued inadvertently from 16th april itself(instead of 18th april). If there is a accident on 16th or 17th which insurance we should claim from.
1. There cannot be two policies on a single car for the same policy year. It will not be possible to claim insurance for different accidents from two different Insurance cos.
2. The policy which is valid for the policy period when the accident happened would be the one from which Insurance can be claimed. If the recently bought policy is applicable from 16th, then claims should be raised against the latest Insurance co.
Old 17th April 2018, 15:43   #4241
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Has anyone claimed insurance recently without the insurance company asking for Aadhar. If so, how recently & which insurance company?
Old 22nd April 2018, 21:19   #4242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Has anyone claimed insurance recently without the insurance company asking for Aadhar. If so, how recently & which insurance company?
I made a claim from ICICI Lombard in the second week of March 2018. At first, submission of documents happened without Aadhar, but then I got a call from the workshop next day asking for a copy of Aadhar. When I asked for the reason, they said Aadhar is mandatory for all claims and that they missed enclosing it to the insurance company along with the claim form. Hope this helps!
Old 22nd April 2018, 22:22   #4243
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijanto4 View Post
I made a claim from ICICI Lombard in the second week of March 2018. At first, submission of documents happened without Aadhar, but then I got a call from the workshop next day asking for a copy of Aadhar. When I asked for the reason, they said Aadhar is mandatory for all claims and that they missed enclosing it to the insurance company along with the claim form. Hope this helps!
I know most companies insist on Aadhaar - but I am asking if anyone has the opposite example - where the company has not insisted.
Old 27th April 2018, 10:20   #4244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quick questions,
* What's engine protection cover?
* What's invoice price protection?

The company is National Insurance and car is a 2016 Brezza. Is it advisable to take these?
Old 27th April 2018, 10:35   #4245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Quick questions,
* What's engine protection cover?
* What's invoice price protection?

The company is National Insurance and car is a 2016 Brezza. Is it advisable to take these?
Engine protection cover covers consequential damage to engine due to water logging or running dry of oil due to oil leakage after underbody hit etc...

Invoice price protection AFAIK gives you right to claim full amount paid during purchase of vehicle including road tax in case of total loss.

Whether you need these depends on personal preference. I'd avoid return to invoice since it is applicable only in case of total loss. Engine protection too can be avoided considering you are an informed vehicle owner who will keep an eye on oil level and warning lights and avoid water logged roads.
Santoshbhat is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks