Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2018, 07:57   #4351
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
What should be the ideal IDV for car ? Based on car age/mileage/variant, or based on a standard rate of 10% depreciation from last year policy ?
The ideal IDV is 6.4L for which you have got the quotes.
Old 20th September 2018, 10:43   #4352
Senior - BHPian

I received below quotation from Maruti Insurance. I am two days late for Insurance renewal. I have to renew it today only. Policy Bazar has some nice options. What's the major benefit of buying Insurance from Maruti? Isn't Maruti Insurance just an Insurance agent?

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-pic1.jpg

Last edited by SJM1214 : 20th September 2018 at 10:46. Reason: Minor Change.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 10:51   #4353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
I received below quotation from Maruti Insurance. I am two days late for Insurance renewal. I have to renew it today only. Policy Bazar has some nice options. What's the major benefit of buying Insurance from Maruti? Isn't Maruti Insurance just an Insurance agent?

Attachment 1800267
Most likely, a middlemen between IRDAI approved Insurance Providers and Consumers. And in the end we end up paying extra to these middlemen !
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 13:15   #4354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My first insurance renewal is due on 15/09/2018.

Car : Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDI
Make : 2017
Deliver Date : 17/09/2017
Policy issue: 16/09/2017
IDV : 831223

Quote:
I have to renew it today only.
Just Purchased second-year Insurance from Policy Bazar. A nice deal from TATA AIG at 16932/- with the IDV of 7,50,000/-.

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-tata.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 14:49   #4355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
If I agree to above process, everything will be smooth. And it seems 1400 claims got settled like this ! and they blame me asking this question...
My father is facing the same situation after the Kerala floods. He is nearly 80 and doesn't want to run from pillar to post for the money. His car has been taken by a scrap dealer for about 40% of the IDV value (payment has been made for this amount). The insurance company will pay the rest. The original documents are with the insurance company. All he has is an affidavit stating that the ownership will be transferred within two weeks.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 17:53   #4356
Senior - BHPian

My 7 year old scooter insurance was up for renewal and I did it through policy bazaar. The start date on the new insurance (through Royal Sundaram) is incorrect, though I had mentioned the correct details while filling up the form. My previous policy expired on 15th of this month and the RS one starts from 21st. I intimated them immediately, and they asked for the previous policy, which I provided and after that there has been no update from them. Every time I call or mail, I get a standard response that they are looking into this. Do I need to pursue them for change in date or let it be since the policy is active from today onward?

I have my car insurance with them as well and that was why I went with them for the 2W as well, but looking at their lack of response, I probably will not go back to them for renewal for both my vehicles.
Old 21st September 2018, 18:41   #4357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
My 7 year old scooter insurance was up for renewal and I did it through policy bazaar. The start date on the new insurance (through Royal Sundaram) is incorrect, though I had mentioned the correct details while filling up the form. My previous policy expired on 15th of this month and the RS one starts from 21st. I intimated them immediately, and they asked for the previous policy, which I provided and after that there has been no update from them. Every time I call or mail, I get a standard response that they are looking into this. Do I need to pursue them for change in date or let it be since the policy is active from today onward?
My friend has been a sufferer of Policy Bazaar's lack luster customer care in resolving issues. Even when I renewed my motorcycle's policy last year (Iffco Tokyo through Policy Bazaar), they sent me a policy mentioning incorrect city in my address. I mailed straight to Iffco Tokyo, who sent me a corrected version by next day.

Would suggest that you mail RS directly in this case. I agree that since PB is the broker here, they should take the lead in resolving the same but I feel that your resolution might speed up by going to the insurer directly.

regards,
Saket.
Old 21st September 2018, 19:39   #4358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

Would suggest that you mail RS directly in this case..
I haven't contacted PB at all, I have been interacting with RS and they have been very disappointing. Somehow they don't seem interested in resolving this at all.
Old 23rd September 2018, 19:36   #4359
BHPian

Hey Guys,
My license got suspended for 3 months for overspeeding.
But I have been issued a letter that says that I can drive for 90 days with that letter.

I wanted to know if the insurance companies will honor my claim in case I am needed to make one during these 3 months?

Also, I am not yet sure that what does this suspension actually mean? And what impact does it have? Prima facie it seems that my license has been replaced with a document.
Old 23rd September 2018, 23:07   #4360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hey Guys,
My license got suspended for 3 months for overspeeding.
But I have been issued a letter that says that I can drive for 90 days with that letter.

I wanted to know if the insurance companies will honor my claim in case I am needed to make one during these 3 months?

Also, I am not yet sure that what does this suspension actually mean? And what impact does it have? Prima facie it seems that my license has been replaced with a document.
Sorry to hear about your license. Here in Bengaluru, a friend's license was suspended for 3 months in July 2018. From what we found out, insurance policy doesn't cover any kind of claims during license suspension period (in case of a claim during this period, when DL copy is submitted, they would get the info regarding suspension from RTO).

Also, strange that a letter is issued allowing you to drive after suspension, because my friend didn't get any letter of this kind, and in fact, he was strictly cautioned against driving on any main/arterial roads for 3 months. As for the impact, suspension of DL gets recorded in RTO database and any subsequent suspensions will lead to impounding of DL. In addition, unfortunately, if any accident occurs during DL suspension period, one would be legally prosecuted as "driving without a valid license" (not sure if rules are the same up in your place, since you say you have been given a letter allowing to drive). Hope this info helps.
shijanto4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 06:58   #4361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijanto4 View Post

Also, strange that a letter is issued allowing you to drive after suspension, because my friend didn't get any letter of this kind, and in fact, he was strictly cautioned against driving on any main/arterial roads for 3 months...
Thanks for your prompt reply. What was the reason for your friend's DL suspension? Mine was suspended for overspeeding.
It seems that different rules apply for different offences.
Also I have a Haryana license and the license is at Delhi station. I doubt if delhi authorities would inform Haryana RTO about the same.

For any insurance claims, can't I submit my father's DL claiming him to be driving?
Old 24th September 2018, 07:41   #4362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

For any insurance claims, can't I submit my father's DL claiming him to be driving?
If he is registered as an alternate driver for your vehicle when you issued the insurance. Default assumption for all claims is you are the driver when the accident happened. Others can correct me if I'm wrong.

Btw this would be outright fraud territory; there's a reason why your DL has been suspended; irrespective of the subjective alternatives that are provided (in this case the letter). I would advise to play it safe.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 24th September 2018 at 07:44.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 09:16   #4363
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your prompt reply. What was the reason for your friend's DL suspension? Mine was suspended for overspeeding.
It seems that different rules apply for different offences.
Also I have a Haryana license and the license is at Delhi station. I doubt if delhi authorities would inform Haryana RTO about the same.

My friend's DL was suspended for driving in wrong direction on a one-way for the second time (first time, it seems only a penalty was applied).

Yes, I too believe communication between interstate RTOs may not happen, but still, as ninjatalli has mentioned, it could still be an offence if you are caught driving only with that letter (what if the cops who stop you wouldn't accept that letter). After all, a suspension literally means your DL isn't valid and the letter you have in hand won't be considered a legal alternative to DL.

Regarding claiming your father as driving in case of a claim, your insurance company may insist that he had to be listed as an alternate driver in your car's insurance policy. However, I do know a case where the insurance company, i.e., ICICI Lombard, accepted a claim when a colleague of mine said her father was driving the car, and he truly was (copy of his DL as well as her DL had to be attached along with a police report describing the accident). So, please do verify this with your insurance company as same conditions may not be applicable to all. Thanks.

Last edited by shijanto4 : 24th September 2018 at 09:23.
shijanto4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 09:22   #4364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
If he is registered as an alternate driver for your vehicle when you issued the insurance. Default assumption for all claims is you are the driver when the accident happened. Others can correct me if I'm wrong.
I just talked to my friend and he says that he and his brother have submitted their own DL while the car is registered in their father's name. This was not done with any ill intention but dependent on the person who took the car to the service station for repairs.

Quote:
Btw this would be outright fraud territory; there's a reason why your DL has been suspended; irrespective of the subjective alternatives that are provided (in this case the letter). I would advise to play it safe.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijanto4 View Post

Yes, I too believe communication between interstate RTOs may not happen, but still, as ninjatalli has mentioned, it could still be an offence if you are caught driving only with that letter (what if the cops who stop you wouldn't accept that letter). After all, a suspension literally means your DL isn't valid and the letter you have in hand won't be considered a legal alternative to DL.

The cops clearly mentioned that this is the letter as per Supreme Court directive and is valid all over India.

I am still not sure of the reason for providing me the alternative in the first place? I am attaching this letter and would request the members to help me make sense of it.

The letter states "initiating the proceedings for suspension"? Does this mean that the license will be suspended after the 90 days? But then why would the cops ask me to collect the DL from the police station after 90 days?

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-img_20180924_091418.jpg

Last edited by ank.nsit : 24th September 2018 at 09:27.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 15:43   #4365
Distinguished - BHPian

My Corolla Altis will complete 7 years next week. Till now it had a zero depreciation policy. As per my knowledge zero dep cover was offered only till 7 years. But on Coverfox IFFKO TOKIO seems to be offering zero depreciation cover even now for the 8th year, ofcourse at a higher cost. Is this correct? Will they honour a claim, if at all made under zero depreciation and not throw some excuse citing age of the vehicle? Please advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks