Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2019, 10:40   #4456
Senior - BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

RTO to keep tabs on your car insurance.

Quote:
If you have not committed a single road mishap and have not been challenged by traffic police for any violations for five years, you may qualify for a lower insurance premium on your vehicle.

The transport department plans to “incentivize” good road manners by recommending lower car premium to the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA). On the other hand, it will suggest an increased premium for regular traffic offenders as “penalty” and “deterrent”.
News Source.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 10:50   #4457
BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

Guys need your advice on renewing my 1 year old car's insurance.
As I understand IDV is maximum liability of the insurance company in case when, car is totaled.
If I opt for RTI (return to invoice) cover and reduce my car's IDV, I am able to save 4-5k in zero dep insurance premium. In this case, I have invoice cover when car is totaled at less premium.

Is this a good strategy? I don't want to sell my car anytime in future and will keep her for 7-8 yrs minimum. So I am okay with low IDV on paper.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 15:52   #4458
BHPian

Has anyone taken insurance from a company called Digit General Insurance Limited ? Mahindra insurance team at the dealership is saying that Mahindra is having a tie up with this company and cashless is available in case of claims. They are offering higher IDV than my current HDFC Ergo for my 5 year old XUV.
Old 17th February 2019, 16:51   #4459
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Has anyone taken insurance from a company called Digit General Insurance Limited ? Mahindra insurance team at the dealership is saying that Mahindra is having a tie up with this company and cashless is available in case of claims. They are offering higher IDV than my current HDFC Ergo for my 5 year old XUV.
I saw that they are giving a good price on policybazaar, while looking for a new car insurance. Wasn't sure, but their features seem to be good, like advance repair cost. Their website says it is backed by Fairfax group.

I personally feel all insurers are same. I might go with New india insurance where the quote seems to be least
Old 17th February 2019, 18:44   #4460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I saw that they are giving a good price on policybazaar, while looking for a new car insurance. Wasn't sure, but their features seem to be good, like advance repair cost. Their website says it is backed by Fairfax group.

I personally feel all insurers are same. I might go with New india insurance where the quote seems to be least
They are a new online only player. The thing to see about them is how their claim settlement ratios are especially for total loss claims.
Old 18th February 2019, 13:51   #4461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check out this thread for the experiences

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...y-reviews.html (Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?)
Old 19th February 2019, 16:53   #4462
BHPian

Quote:
I had taken Insurance from Digit for Mahindra E2O and had a minor accident last month. Digit did not have cashless tie up with Sireesh Auto, but the claim procedure was easy. I am giving below a brief of how the claim process was:

1. I called the Digit toll free number and intimated them of the accident. They asked me how the accident happened, the location of the accident and asked whether I needed towing service or any other emergency help which I did not need. Then they gave me a list of Mahindra workshops where they had cashless tie-ups. But all were far away and hence I specified I wanted it to get serviced from Sireesh auto which was near my home. They said I am free to get the car fixed at any workshop of my choice.

2. During the call they mentioned that I have to provide the photographs of the vehicle and the damage using their web based tool. Immediately after the call, I received email and SMS with claim number and the link to their online surveying tool. The web based tool is wizard driven and using your mobile phone you have to capture pictures of the vehicle. It starts with the picture of Front - Driver side corner. There was instructions along with a sample picture showing how to capture the photo. You have to stand 6-8 feet away from the car and take the picture of the front - right corner in such a way that the complete front including number plates and entire right side of the car is visible. If you are happy with the picture you can click next, if not you can retry the photo. Next it will ask the pictures for the front view, front left corner, rear, Engine bay, VIN, Instrument console with ODO reading, RC card, Driver License and pictures of the damaged parts. For the damages page, you can upload as many pictures as you want.

3. Ideally, it would be better to take the pictures after you reach the service center, so that the service advisor can point out the damages which you may have missed. Anyways it is not a critical step because the SA too can send additional pictures to the claim officer via email if some additional damages are spotted. My bonnet was stuck after the accident and hence could not take pictures of Engine bay (not sure what they look there for E2O) and VIN. I clicked some random picture in place on Engine bay and VIN and clicked next to continue with the tool. Later, the SA took these pictures and emailed to the customer care and the emailID of the claim officer.

4. The next day, the SA provided me the estimate, which you can upload/email the to Digit. Approval comes in the form of email after a few hours of uploading the estimate. In my case, the estimate was for Rs 59000 for replacing Bonnet, Front Bumper and Left Headlight assembly. The surveyor approved replacement of all three parts.

5. They said they would transfer 80% of the estimate to my account once I upload account details along with a copy of cancelled cheque. I do not really remember whether I uploaded the photo of cancelled cheque or not. Most probably I might have forgot to upload. Neither did I follow up for the 80% amount, nor did they remind me. E2O being a rare car, I had to wait 3+ weeks for the parts to arrive. Digit team did follow up with me and the service center every week (both email and call) asking to upload the final invoice so that they can close the claim.

6. After a wait of almost 4 weeks, I got the call from service center saying the car is ready and they have already emailed the Final invoice to Digit. The Digit customer care asked me to upload Account details and Cancelled Cheque copy to transfer the amount. I couldn't upload the details until 7pm that day. The Total repair bill was Rs56700 which I paid using Credit Card. After 2 days I received Rs55125 in my account. I am guessing the deducted amount should be Rs1000 compulsory deduction + Rs400 they charged for washing. My policy was a Zero Depreciation policy with consumable cover which means ideally I shouldn't have to pay anything extra other than the Rs1000 compulsory deductible.

Overall, I am a happy customer of Digit. I liked the simplicity and the DIY method of making the claim and also the fact that they were following up with me and service center every few days to close the claim. I will definitely be renewing the policy with them on the hopes that they continue to deliver similar services. On internet, people have given very bad reviews for Digit specially for Total Loss cases. The advantage I had was the Zero Dep policy with Consumables cover which means they have to pay the full amount minus the claim charge. There was no scope for any deductions or bargaining.

Last edited by Holyghost : 19th February 2019 at 17:11.
Holyghost is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 16:32   #4463
BHPian

My duster insurance is about to expire in April(10th April) and I am getting calls from the showroom for renewal. The best rate i received from them was for about 20k and it's a nil depreciation, bumper- bumper cover.

The policy is from reliance, need suggestion on whether I should shift to another provider or should i retain the same company.

If need to shift I would need a suggestion on which is a good provider. Also best ways to get a decent pricing on the insurance.
Old 6th March 2019, 08:35   #4464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
My duster insurance is about to expire in April(10th April) and I am getting calls from the showroom for renewal. The best rate i received from them was for about 20k and it's a nil depreciation, bumper- bumper cover.

The policy is from reliance, need suggestion on whether I should shift to another provider or should i retain the same company.

If need to shift I would need a suggestion on which is a good provider. Also best ways to get a decent pricing on the insurance.
Try the compartor website like coverfox, policybazaar, acko, digit etc to check the premium offered online. If you still want to buy insurance from the dealer, then ask them to match the online premium as I am sure online premium will be lesser than the one offered by dealer.

If you are satisfied with Reliance based on their claim settlement process (if you have claimed), then better to continue with it. But suggest to buy Insurance from outside.
Old 6th March 2019, 12:44   #4465
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello BHPians!

Has the GST on third party premium been decreased? It was considered that the GST for third party premium may dip to 5% from the existing 18%.

Mine is due for renewal on 11th of April.

Regards.
Old 6th March 2019, 16:01   #4466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Try the compartor website like coverfox, policybazaar, acko, digit etc to check the premium offered online. If you still want to buy insurance from the dealer, then ask them to match the online premium as I am sure online premium will be lesser than the one offered by dealer.

If you are satisfied with Reliance based on their claim settlement process (if you have claimed), then better to continue with it. But suggest to buy Insurance from outside.
Thanks for responding, I haven't claimed anything in the last year so the service side of reliance is not something I am aware of. I am looking for a reasonable quote from any source, I have checked with websites and yet to decide on one.

How good id Digit and new providers? I am getting mixed reviews online.
Old 6th March 2019, 19:09   #4467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Hello BHPians!

Has the GST on third party premium been decreased? It was considered that the GST for third party premium may dip to 5% from the existing 18%.

Mine is due for renewal on 11th of April.

Regards.
Unfortunately there is no change in the GST rates applicable for 3rd party insurance premium for private vehicles. It is still at 18%. The rate has been dropped to 12% for the TPL premium for the goods carrying vehicle only.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 00:06   #4468
Senior - BHPian

When I bought my Ignis in September last year, I had to pay Third party insurance for 3 years. Also my insurance validity in Vahan shows valid till xx Sep 2021. I am curious how am I supposed to renew my insurance this year without paying for Third Party Cover ? None of the websites show that option yet.

Also another friend bought a new car last week, and he got an insurance with Third Party, 0 Dep, engine protector and RTI all together valid for 3 years.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 7th March 2019 at 00:07.
Old 7th March 2019, 07:57   #4469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
When I bought my Ignis in September last year, I had to pay Third party insurance for 3 years. Also my insurance validity in Vahan shows valid till xx Sep 2021. I am curious how am I supposed to renew my insurance this year without paying for Third Party Cover ? None of the websites show that option yet.

Also another friend bought a new car last week, and he got an insurance with Third Party, 0 Dep, engine protector and RTI all together valid for 3 years.
You will have to pay only the OD premium part. I am sure when you go to renew the Insurance at the Insurance co website, they will show the TPL premium part as already paid. If not, then you will need to call them up for the goof up.

In fact when the TPL bundling of 3 yrs directive was released by IRDA, all the insurance co offering motor insurance were clearly told to provide the option of paying only the OD premium.
Old 10th March 2019, 02:30   #4470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post

Hello sir,

I work with one of the leading insurers. If you would like I could help you out with your insurance case. Please DM me if you need.

Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks