Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2020, 16:48   #4816
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
Can you share your policy copy? Usually dealers provide one year own damage and three years third party insurance unless you opt for 3 years package policy.

Also, please share what was the insurance amount you paid while purchasing your car and make and model of your vehicle.
Car: Venue SX+ DCT
IDV: 1054976
Total Insurance Amount: 56642

Adding some screenshots of Insurance.

Last edited by nisshith : 17th August 2020 at 17:04.
Old 17th August 2020, 17:00   #4817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
Car: Venue SX+ DCT
IDV: 1054976
Total Insurance Amount: 56642

Adding some screenshots of Insurance.
The actual screenshot required is of the top portion. PMed you for the same. I am pretty sure you might be having the 1+3 policy only.
Old 17th August 2020, 17:53   #4818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlesspoetry View Post
Find who is officially responsible for grievance redressal for Go-Digit,mark your email to customer support detailing your disputes and also copying the Grievance redressal officer or whoever is responsible for that.Be point blank on why your claim is right and why the surveyor was wrong.Read your policy specifics thoroughly,understand it and indicate the references supporting your claim.If all this has already been done with evidence and with no satisfactory resolution for the same within 15 days,you can reach out to the grievance redressal cell of IRDA. Just going to all these places will also not find you results,you have to keep creating evidences and know what your insurance cover means,the most important weapon here is knowledge and patience.50% of times you could win it easily if your claim is right,the other 50% of times it could be a nightmare and a hard fight even if you are right.
Thanks for the response. I did manage to find somebody to escalate the matter to, and it's finally resolved. Left a bit of bad taste though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
I too faced issues with GoDigit, my Maruti Insurance was with Godigit. Unfortunately, my car met a small accident because of a big pothole. Firstly the surveyor said pothole damages are not covered by insurance, but still I am approving the claim. It took the surveyor 8 days and 4 visits just to approve a total of 4 parts to be repaired/replaced. Also during the 4th survey I myself was present at the service center where the surveyor didn't come himself, instead someone else appeared to survey the vehicle who, upon asking identified himself as surveyor appointed by IRDA, to which me and service advisor had a good laugh. Later, after an earful he admitted that he is just a friend of surveyor, no where related to GoDigit. I have lodged a formal complaint, but it's been 5 days and I am yet to hear anything.
Don't think I will be repeating GoDigit as my insurer going forward. The attitude displayed during the claim process is extremely poor - and not very confidence inspiring.
GauravTaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 18:11   #4819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Few companies offer zero depreciation policies upto 10 years of vehicle age also. However, it is upto you whether you opt for it or not.

Thanks for sharing. I always thought and read online that zero dep. policy is possible only upto first 3 years of the vehicle. Anyway thanks for clearing the air.
Old 17th August 2020, 21:01   #4820
BHPian

I am close to finalising a new car purchase, and have informed the dealer that I'll be buying the insurance independantly.

On that note, I am curious how a lower IDV will affect the claim process if I opt for the Return to Invoice add-on?

Is it advisable to have a lowered IDV (hence a lower premium) + the Return to Invoice addon? Or simpler to go with higher IDV?

Also, am going for a ZeroDep as it has served me well so far. Any other usefull add-ons?

Final question for experts, is the compulsary deductible mentioned anywhere during the policy buying process?
Old 17th August 2020, 23:45   #4821
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hello Guys,

In a bit of conundrum. I have a Figo registered in early September 2017 and is up for insurance renewal. The ex-showroom price of the same was 6.8L(without discount) and for a car 3 years of age, I pegged the IDV at 4.2L, maintaining a fine balance between over-insuring and optimism.

However, when I visit the popular online websites, I can see that the IDV of the vehicle gets more or less fixed at a higher value and I am unable to lower it. After thinking about it, the only logical reason I was able to decipher for such an anomaly is that the websites are putting my car in the 2-3 year old age bracket(which is technically true) but since the policy would be for the 4th year of my car, having a higher IDV will not be of any use.

Just to verify my hunch, I visited the site(policybazaar) again but this time declaring that my policy has expired and I was able to set the IDV at 4.2L and as a result, the impact to the wallet is lesser.

So my question is-

Is this a 'normal' problem everyone faces where the indicated IDV is higher than the desired/practical IDV? If no, please guide and if yes, any solutions to this problem?

There is the option insuring the car after the expiry period, but that is not something which I or anyone would like to do and even if done will only be a one time fix and the cycle will repeat next year.
Old 18th August 2020, 08:55   #4822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Is this a 'normal' problem everyone faces where the indicated IDV is higher than the desired/practical IDV?
Just checked Policybazaar as my car's renewal is due later this month. There is an option to select "Car IDV" next to "Eligible NCB" dropdown. From there you can choose your own IDV within a specific range. For my car, it shows the same IDV range (1.86 to 4.33 lakhs) regardless of policy expiry status.

A few insurer websites have fixed IDV (which is generally on lower side for a more attractive quote) with no option to set desired value. You'll have to get in touch with their customer support team and request a quote with your desired IDV.

Last edited by self_driven : 18th August 2020 at 08:57.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 11:58   #4823
BHPian

Quote:
The actual screenshot required is of the top portion. PMed you for the same. I am pretty sure you might be having the 1+3 policy only.
I re-checked with the insurance agent about the coverage he assured me that it was 3 years. Since I got the insurance done before the vehicle registration the registration number was not present in the insurance letter. As soon as I got that updated, and the vahaan portal details were also updated. Now it is showing the correct date.
That was the issue.

Last edited by nisshith : 18th August 2020 at 12:08.
Old 18th August 2020, 12:04   #4824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
Here is the screenshot of the first page, I re-checked with the insurance agent, he confirmed that the policy is of 3 years.
Looks like the policy is indeed of 3 years. Since they have not mentioned any bifurcation of Own Damage, PA cover and Third Party cover periods, I would suggest you to contact Bajaj Allianz directly and seek clarification from them just to be doubly sure. Hope this helps!
tp_dominator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 12:09   #4825
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the policy is indeed of 3 years. Since they have not mentioned any bifurcation of Own Damage, PA cover and Third Party cover periods, I would suggest you to contact Bajaj Allianz directly and seek clarification from them just to be doubly sure. Hope this helps!
You replied too soon
I edited my original post, the issue was with the registration number.
nisshith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 22:31   #4826
BHPian

One of my bike's own damage insurance is expiring this December while 3rd party is valid for another 4 years (it's all due to the confusing irdai regulations). My current insurer is Chola MS and the insurance was forced down the throat my the dealer for pretty hefty amount. I agreed though because I managed to compensate it later on in the ex-showroom price.

Anyway, I'm interested in a comprehensive insurance and not just 3rd party. What are my options now considering the new rule by irdai for bikes (3 years mandatory?) and my wish to move to acko.

P.S: unrelated but how good is Acko's cashless claims for bikes if anyone has claimed?
Old 19th August 2020, 10:10   #4827
BHPian

Hello all,
I have questions related to bike insurance, purchased in 2019. As per the new rules the third party liability (TPL), is for 5 years. The personal accident (PA) and own damage (OD) cover has expired this month (~2 weeks). The insurance cover was provided by showroom at purchase and it is from ICICI Lombardi.

My questions are:
1. The TPL is still valid, however OD and PA cover has expired - does this mean I can still do a renewal or I need to get a new insurance?

2. Can I apply for OD and PA cover from an insurance company other than ICICI Lombardi? The reason being the IDV from ICICI is less 25% less than previous IDV. Other companies are quoting higher IDV (online).

3. If I purchase the OD and PA cover from another insurance company (other than ICICI) , and in future if I need to make a claim (god forbid) - how much hassle will it be to approach two insurance companies (as TP is from ICICI) separately?

4. The bike was purchased on loan, this has been cleared now:
a. It is more than a year since purchase, does the past loan has bearing on taking NCB now?
b. The previous insurance paper shows that the vehicle is under hypothetication (loan). I have got loan clearance paper from the company. In websites, is there anyway I can update this - so that the new papers do not show the vehicle is under loan. I did not find option regarding this on websites (policybazar / ICICI / coverfox)
Old 19th August 2020, 15:03   #4828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpnpmr View Post
1. The TPL is still valid, however OD and PA cover has expired - does this mean I can still do a renewal or I need to get a new insurance?
You can. But as it is expired, the insurance company may ask for an inspection.

Quote:
2. Can I apply for OD and PA cover from an insurance company other than ICICI Lombardi? The reason being the IDV from ICICI is less 25% less than previous IDV. Other companies are quoting higher IDV (online).
Yes, you can purchase from any insurance company.

Quote:
3. If I purchase the OD and PA cover from another insurance company (other than ICICI) , and in future if I need to make a claim (god forbid) - how much hassle will it be to approach two insurance companies (as TP is from ICICI) separately?
You won't be claiming both TP and own coverage at the same time. TP coverage is to take care of any damage by you on some one else's car/life/property. In a 'normal' accident where you claim for your car, only own coverage comes into picture.

Quote:
a. It is more than a year since purchase, does the past loan has bearing on taking NCB now?
Loan has nothing to do with NCB or insurance premium.

Quote:
b. The previous insurance paper shows that the vehicle is under hypothetication (loan). I have got loan clearance paper from the company. In websites, is there anyway I can update this - so that the new papers do not show the vehicle is under loan. I did not find option regarding this on websites (policybazar / ICICI / coverfox)
You have to send the loan clearance note to RTO and update the RC book. Usually the clearance note has a validity of 3 months, it is better to go to the RTO before the expiry of the note.
JohnyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 09:50   #4829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
You can. But as it is expired, the insurance company may ask for an inspection.

You have to send the loan clearance note to RTO and update the RC book. Usually the clearance note has a validity of 3 months, it is better to go to the RTO before the expiry of the note.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
When I checked online, there is no need for inspection. Probably due to the time since expiry of own damage and PA being less than 90 days.

I was not aware of submission of the clearance note to RTO, thanks a lot for that input.
Old 20th August 2020, 11:49   #4830
BHPian

Quote:
When I checked online, there is no need for inspection. Probably due to the time since expiry of own damage and PA being less than 90 days.
If you can renew without inspection, that's great.

Quote:
I was not aware of submission of the clearance note to RTO, thanks a lot for that input.
The bank gives 2 copies of the clearance note. One for the RTO (to update the RC book) and one for the insurance company (to update the insurance docs). I missed this one in my previous reply. Contact both RTO and insurance company and get the docs updated.

All the best!
JohnyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks