Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2021, 01:28   #5011
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Ex-Showroom of vehicle was 12.24
IDV Value->10.50(It's the same as last year which I have asked them to consider)
3rd Year Renewal from Tata Aig
I am being quoted with 19k with the below add ons (See Screenshot). The ones not marked in red are also MOST probably covered however I am yet to confirm.
Should I further negotiate or is it a good deal I am getting?

Another quote I have received from Reliance is as below

Premium-19.8
10.70 L IDV
Bumper to Bumper
Consumables cover
Roadside assistance
Engine cover
Invoice cover (Road tax, ex-showroom price & insurance)

Kindly suggest which one to go for.
Attached Images

Old 29th April 2021, 01:39   #5012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post
Need your assistance and inputs in getting the insurance from the dealer or from external agency for the new Ford Ecosport Diesel 'S' that I'm planning to get the delivery in next 2 - 3 weeks.
I have taken this route for my vehicle when I bought one in 2019 and opted for insurance from outside. The dealer was Ok with that. I am glad I did because I saved almost 25k.

Now let me remind you the only advantage you get by buying it from the showroom is that they have a tie-up with the insurance company which they name like Hyundai Assurance and what not. In an event during the claim, the dealer is obliged to get the claim cleared at any cost. It's like you just have to leave the vehicle in the service center and then the rest is taken care by the showroom/service center guys.

When you buy from outside the only hassle is that you have to log a request/ticket with the insurance company and ask them for an evaluator and get the claim passed. Nowadays most insurance providers offer cashless facility so generally the whole process is seamless. But yes the initiation of the process has to be done by you as against the service station reps.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 12:31   #5013

I have 10 yr old Skoda Yeti got quotes between 13k and low of 10k from Acko should I go with Acko? Thank you for your advice.
Old 5th May 2021, 15:05   #5014
BHPian

Hello,

i have a 10 year old i20 (purchased in 2011). It is due for insurance renewal (currently insured with Iffco Tokio with zero depreciation). When I spoke with the executive he said since your car has completed 10 years we cannot offer zero depreciation insurance any more as per rule.
Wanted to check whether are there any other insurance providers who might be able to provide zero depreciation for a 10 year old vehicle or it is a law and hence not possible to get zero depreciation insurance.

Regards,
S
Old 11th May 2021, 14:58   #5015
BHPian

I sold my car to Maruti Truvalue, but, they are yet to find a buyer. Insurance expires in July'21. Since legally, I'm still the owner, would it be right to assume that the responsibility of renewing the insurance until they find a buyer, is mine ?

Edit - Call it a co-incidence Right after I submitted this post, I got a call saying they've found a buyer and name change is in progress.

Last edited by vinu_h : 11th May 2021 at 15:18.
Old 11th May 2021, 16:08   #5016
BHPian

I have just switched over from ICICI Lombard to Oriental. Proce seems good for IDV and I hope they will be better at settling things faster. Seems they trumpet settling non-cash transactions in a week.
Old 26th June 2021, 17:15   #5017
BANNED

Suggestion Needed:

Car: XUV 3OO W8(O)
Insurance Company: Tata AIA, Zero Dep
Car Purchase date: 10 October 2020

The car met with an accident in which the front left tyre also got damaged. Although the service station was supposed to give a copy of the job card to the owner while receiving the car, they gave none.

Secondly, since the car was still fit to drive, the customer changed the tyre and drove the car to the A.S.S. with the spare tyre on front left.

Now I got to know that the insurance company has rejected the tyre claim and the surveyor has simply denied saying that it's a rubber part. I have seen multiple claims involving new cars, and every single time the tyres was also given by the insurance company after deducting the depreciation as per the remaining tyre life, given the condition it's proven that the tyre was damaged in the crash only.

Need to know from the experts, if it is so that the tyres of a new car can be completely denied or there is something amiss?

Another point to note is that, my friend, who is the owner of the car, has a doubt that the body shop people never told the insurer about the tyre, and hen he raised it at the time of vehicle delivery after the repair and DO being given by the insurer; they are simply avoiding to reopen the case file, and hence decided to casually deny the owner the claim on tyre.
Old 28th June 2021, 16:52   #5018
BHPian

My car Insurance is up for renewal, and this is my query please assist. Mine is a 2020 Creat E diesel model. For renewal, apart from the regular covers shall I opt for Consumables cover, Engine safe cover and Gap value cover? these three alone contribute to 6500+ Rupees ?
Old 12th July 2021, 15:42   #5019
Distinguished - BHPian

Bhpians,
Need your help - if I didn't get a NCB retention letter on my prior car (sold about 2 years ago), is there a process to get it now? Does it make sense to reach out to the previous insurer - will they honor it? Or would this require any additional documentation (proof of sale, etc.)
Old 13th July 2021, 11:21   #5020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Bhpians,
Need your help - if I didn't get a NCB retention letter on my prior car (sold about 2 years ago), is there a process to get it now? Does it make sense to reach out to the previous insurer - will they honor it? Or would this require any additional documentation (proof of sale, etc.)
You are too late for the NCB letter. It has to be applied within 3 month of the ownership transfer.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 19:51   #5021
BHPian

Hi all, need suggestions to buy a new car insurance. I have booked Alcazar 6S Signature (O) and dealer quote was around 1L for insurance which I feel exorbitant… please suggest a hassle free and trust worthyinsurance which I can buy online.

Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 10:30   #5022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Hi all, need suggestions to buy a new car insurance. I have booked Alcazar 6S Signature (O) and dealer quote was around 1L for insurance which I feel exorbitant… please suggest a hassle free and trust worthyinsurance which I can buy online.

Thanks
Can you check with which Insurance co does Hyundai have a national tie up, get the online quote from that Insurance co. Also enquire with the workshop which insurance co has the best cashless claim process.

Alternatively use the online comparator websites to get the correct quote and ask the dealer to match the best quote. Generally they would oblige since they would also be interested in the Insurance commission. Take an informed decision.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 21:31   #5023
BHPian

Hello Bhpians!

I brought a new car 2 years ago and it came with 3 year third party + 1 year own damage insurance from ICICI Lombard. Last year I renewed OD insurance from ICICI itself but this year I found reliance to be cheaper so went ahead and brought it. I didn't think much about it but now when I think about it, will I face any problem due to having OD and TP insurances from different providers? If yes, what should I do??
Old 24th July 2021, 07:16   #5024
BHPian

I recently purchased a pre-owned Audi A3 which has come with a valid insurance from ICICI Lombard. There is a No claim Bonus (NCB) due to the previous owner. When I spoke to a manager at ICICI, he said that to get the insurance transferred to my name, I will need to pay the NCB amount on a pro rata basis as the NCB was rightfully earned by the previous owner.

Is this correct or am I being ripped off?
Old 24th July 2021, 07:39   #5025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandavinash View Post
I recently purchased a pre-owned Audi A3 which has come with a valid insurance from ICICI Lombard. There is a No claim Bonus (NCB) due to the previous owner. When I spoke to a manager at ICICI, he said that to get the insurance transferred to my name, I will need to pay the NCB amount on a pro rata basis as the NCB was rightfully earned by the previous owner.

Is this correct or am I being ripped off?
He is correct, NCB is given to Insured not to vehicle. Since you are a new insured, NCB must be recovered from you.

Most Viewed