Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2022, 19:49   #5251
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Can I included upgraded LED headlights and taillights as additional accessories in car insurance, so that in case of accident insurance claim, i can get back same LED lights installed instead of stock?
Yes you can - pay additional premium required as well.

Best Regards & Drive Safe
Old 24th August 2022, 18:20   #5252
BHPian

Hi All,

I am in the process of buying a new car and I need to decide which addons are practical to add and which are not that necessary . Would be grateful if I could get some advise from fellow bhpians.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-screenshot_20220824180238.jpg  

Old 25th August 2022, 11:25   #5253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawad0222 View Post
Hi All,

I am in the process of buying a new car and I need to decide which addons are practical to add and which are not that necessary . Would be grateful if I could get some advise from fellow bhpians.

Regards
NCB protection has restrictive terms like applicable only to stationary parked vehicle. I am not sure about the tyre cover conditions. Please read all the terms and conditions of each cover and decide.

In general, very useful covers are Zero depreciation, Engine and Gearbox protection and RTI.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 16:43   #5254
BHPian

I have to renew my car (purchased in 2019) insurance and Hyundai folks say RTI is not offered after first two years.
Any truth in this according to learned folks?
Old 25th August 2022, 17:15   #5255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
I have to renew my car (purchased in 2019) insurance and Hyundai folks say RTI is not offered after first two years.
Have you checked the add on validity with the Insurance co directly. Generally it depends on the model and Insurance co. For eg Royal Sundaram offers RTI till 10 yrs of car ownership.
Old 27th August 2022, 00:30   #5256
BHPian

In less than 2 months/500kms of ownership, my 5 year old pre-worshipped Jazz has a broken/shattered windshield due to a freak accident. A kid dropped his mobile phone from 8th floor on to my car. His parents have agreed to bear the cost.
I have a zero dep insurance. My options:
1. Get the windshield replaced in Honda service centre. Avail zero dep. Lose NCB next year. Claim the NCB value from the parents.
2. Get the windshield replaced in Honda service centre on the parents money without availing insurance.
I have no idea of how much each option will cost and which is the smart thing and the right thing to do. Kindly advise.
Old 27th August 2022, 08:46   #5257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
In less than 2 months/500kms of ownership, my 5 year old pre-worshipped Jazz has a broken/shattered windshield due to a freak accident. A kid dropped his mobile phone from 8th floor on to my car. His parents have agreed to bear the cost.
I have a zero dep insurance. My options:
1. Get the windshield replaced in Honda service centre. Avail zero dep. Lose NCB next year. Claim the NCB value from the parents.
2. Get the windshield replaced in Honda service centre on the parents money without availing insurance.
I have no idea of how much each option will cost and which is the smart thing and the right thing to do. Kindly advise.
You are fortunate that the parents of the kid agreed to reimburse the windshield cost. The best option would be to get it replaced at Honda service centre and charge the amount to the parents (since they agreed), this way you will not lose the NCB. The option #1 would mean more loss to you not only from the loss of NCB but also an increased premium.

There are windshield experts other than Honda service centre, check if available in your city where the cost would be lesser than the HSC. You could get the replacement done there too, a win win for both you and the parents of the kid. Lesser hole in the pocket.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 23:37   #5258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
When I checked with HDFC ergo, they told RTI is offered for the first 3 years of ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Have you checked the add on validity with the Insurance co directly. Generally it depends on the model and Insurance co. For eg Royal Sundaram offers RTI till 10 yrs of car ownership.
Are you sure RTI is offered for 10 years? I know it covers only TL but isn't it too much of risk to underwrite a old car like that?
Old 28th August 2022, 10:18   #5259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Are you sure RTI is offered for 10 years? I know it covers only TL but isn't it too much of risk to underwrite a old car like that?
Attaching the Royal Sundaram Add on covers file for ready reference to all. Pls check the Vehicle Replacement add on.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RS Car Insurance Add-ons.pdf (817.6 KB, 224 views)
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 16:02   #5260
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Guys,
I never received a hard copy of my car insurance - I only have pdf emailed to me. Is it acceptable to show PDF on phone to cops on the road pan-India?
Old 29th August 2022, 16:25   #5261
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Guys,
I never received a hard copy of my car insurance - I only have pdf emailed to me. Is it acceptable to show PDF on phone to cops on the road pan-India?
It is alright to do so, but the safer bet is to get a print out and keep it in the car.
Old 31st August 2022, 13:10   #5262
BHPian

My insurance renewal is coming up in september. The car is now 3 years old. It will be 4th insurance. Is it wise to now buy third party insurance after the lapse of mandatory 3 years ends? The premium for third party is more than the OD premium. Invoice protection has just doubled and ZD has also increased by 10%. Engine protection has come down by 10%. IDV has also come down by 15%. In total I'll be paying 50% more than last year thanks to 3rd party insurance. My NCB is 35%.
Old 31st August 2022, 14:13   #5263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
My insurance renewal is coming up in september. The car is now 3 years old. It will be 4th insurance. Is it wise to now buy third party insurance after the lapse of mandatory 3 years ends? The premium for third party is more than the OD premium. Invoice protection has just doubled and ZD has also increased by 10%. Engine protection has come down by 10%. IDV has also come down by 15%. In total I'll be paying 50% more than last year thanks to 3rd party insurance. My NCB is 35%.
It is legally compulsory to have active third party insurance. So I won't recommend you to let it expire.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 14:13   #5264
BHPian

For a new car the insurance is calculated on the ex showroom price. However if you are purchasing a demo car which is not registered and only has the demo car number plates will the car insurance be calculated on current ex showroom price or on the ex showroom price at the time of the car was manufactured
Old 1st September 2022, 15:40   #5265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
For a new car the insurance is calculated on the ex showroom price. However if you are purchasing a demo car which is not registered and only has the demo car number plates will the car insurance be calculated on current ex showroom price or on the ex showroom price at the time of the car was manufactured
New Invoice price. The RTO Tax calculation also will be on the current invoice price, which is filed with Local RTO. Specially if the Car is to be registered with you as the 1st owner.

Best Regards & Drive Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed