Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 00:26   #1

Insurance Renewal - Scorpio DX

My Scorpio insurance is up for renewal next week, I wanted to get an idea if this quote from the dealer is reasonable.

IDV 7.2 laks
NCB : 20%

Cost: 19065

In comparison, others like ICICI (I dont know how they got my details), are at 16K, they dont want to provide any details over the phone and want a meeting to "discuss".

Dealer tells me, they cut 10% on the claim amount etc, sounds very vague.

Anyone got their insurance renewed recently, for a 1 year old Scorpio ?

Thanks
Old 11th December 2008, 16:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenk View Post
My Scorpio insurance is up for renewal next week, I wanted to get an idea if this quote from the dealer is reasonable.

IDV 7.2 laks
NCB : 20%

Cost: 19065

In comparison, others like ICICI (I dont know how they got my details), are at 16K, they dont want to provide any details over the phone and want a meeting to "discuss".

Dealer tells me, they cut 10% on the claim amount etc, sounds very vague.

Thanks
Call Icici and meet them you will save money. Get the detail from them and post in the trend.

Dont buy insurance in hurry you still have lot of time.

7.2 is the new value or old value?

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 11th December 2008 at 16:50.
Old 11th December 2008, 17:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Moderator Please :- Move this communication to my trend.

Insurance - Ask me.
Old 12th December 2008, 11:51   #4
BHPian

Did you try this site: Insurance India,Online Insurance,Insurance In India,Online Insurance India ?

Just put in the basic details and you can have a basic idea what different insurance companies are charging, based on that you may take a decision and force your agent to give you further discounts.
Old 12th December 2008, 17:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khandelwal View Post
Did you try this site: Insurance India,Online Insurance,Insurance In India,Online Insurance India ?

Just put in the basic details and you can have a basic idea what different insurance companies are charging, based on that you may take a decision and force your agent to give you further discounts.
Sirji let me tell you they are charging high. Link is good but before finalizing anything with them you should check with others also.

I know this is not related but still my duty to inform they are very high on health insurance.
Old 12th December 2008, 18:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenk View Post
Naren, more than the company, it is the agent that you buy from that matters.
After the dozens of phonecalls in the weeks preceding the renewal, I got the best deal from my 'trusty' old agent. In case of any claim too it is the agent that can prove to be a true ally!
A lot of them are talking about 'cashless'. This seems to be their USP.
BTW, I have been using Oriental for my cars. They have an office nearby. And my 'old' agent sits in that office. It has been this way for three decades.
Old 12th December 2008, 19:43   #7

Pls do check with as many companies as possible. Pls do check with TATA AIG too. The service at the time of claim is very good.
Old 13th December 2008, 09:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Naren, more than the company, it is the agent that you buy from that matters.
After the dozens of phonecalls in the weeks preceding the renewal, I got the best deal from my 'trusty' old agent. In case of any claim too it is the agent that can prove to be a true ally!
A lot of them are talking about 'cashless'. This seems to be their USP.
BTW, I have been using Oriental for my cars. They have an office nearby. And my 'old' agent sits in that office. It has been this way for three decades.
Insurance agent is the person who can get you the best deal. Insurance companies guys are hear to sale only once and they will be changed in the next year. but like you said the agent is a business man who will be there every year and most importantly even in claims as well.
Old 13th December 2008, 10:18   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Using the insurance company's web-site sure gets you your policy done faster. It's quick & automated. But no additional discounts, no further interaction possible for anything. The kind of disconnected interaction & follow-up the company has made (through their CR / sales reps / call agents) to renew my policy has made me look away from that company.

If the renewal process was so disconnected, I wonder how would follow-up for claims be. Esp if the service center does not have a cashless claim facility with the insurance you go with.

@naren, shop around. Remember to check with your service center which companies offer cashless claims.
Old 13th December 2008, 11:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

It is important to get you the right thing. Insurance is unfortunately not a thing which can be purchased like that from a shop.

Most Viewed