Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 08:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Transfer of policy will get the NCB only if the previous company gives a letter stating the current NCB.
You will be happy to know that without NCB letter (because of competition) they give you NCB these day's.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 30th December 2008 at 08:46.
Old 30th December 2008, 08:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
But players like Tata AIG is notorious for paying peanuts...
Who want's to claim PEANUTS!!! (Just joking yaar)

Get insured with pvt. player's because the kind of product which are coming from Jan. only pvt. player's would be in a better position to give us better services.
Old 30th December 2008, 14:39   #18
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

advice

Fog Lights can be claimed just did it. (50%) Bulbs cannot be claimed. (Consumables.)

Go for an insurance claim. Have been getting NCB benifit for 7 years on the safari and think it is not worth it.

Used the Laura claim in the first year itself, it is worth it.

Among pvt cos, ICICI seems to be good, Govt insurance cos for cars is a bad idea. The Car Service centre, accident and claims guy felt the same on both counts. (ICICI among pvt is good and Govt is bad idea.)
Old 30th December 2008, 15:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Fog Lights can be claimed just did it. (50%) Bulbs cannot be claimed. (Consumables.)

Go for an insurance claim. Have been getting NCB benifit for 7 years on the safari and think it is not worth it.

Used the Laura claim in the first year itself, it is worth it.

Among pvt cos, ICICI seems to be good, Govt insurance cos for cars is a bad idea. The Car Service centre, accident and claims guy felt the same on both counts. (ICICI among pvt is good and Govt is bad idea.)
I think he will be loosing more money if he claims.
Old 3rd January 2009, 12:32   #20
BHPian

I have 50% NCB on my Accent and Scorpio (both transferred from old cars). Considering the total damage and the depreciation that will be deducted from claim amount, I dont think it makes a lot of sense to claim insurance here.

P.S: Please get an original fog lamp fitted only. Use an aftermarket product only if you want to put one for ornamental value and dont use them. My Scorpio had aftermarket foglamps from an accessory shop (some OCN brand) and were useless. Got OEM Lumax and loving them.
Old 3rd January 2009, 20:42   #21
BHPian

I have given it to Advaith Hyundai today. The guy gave me a long list totalling upto 16K (Also included was a passenger door scratch repair). I almost had a heart attack !!

ICICI lombard surveyor says that he can't give the scratch repair but will give the bumper (minus 50% of material plus full painting) and fog (minus 50%) (there will be 500 Rs deduction also for admin charges). So all in all I will end up paying 2K out of total 6-7K work. Not perfect but will take it.

Got a little pissed with ICICI not giving the scratch. I didn't see his logic - I mean I can always go again and claim the scratch anyway, can't I? (or do they not give any more claim in 1 year??). What difference does it make if all damages are from "same" incident? (except for the 500 bucks they will make again in 2nd claim). Well, if so, they just lost a customer !!
Old 4th January 2009, 00:29   #22
BHPian

As per my knowledge you will not be able to claim for the scratch later even with paying Rs. 500. Experts corect me if I am wrong.
Old 5th January 2009, 09:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
As per my knowledge you will not be able to claim for the scratch later even with paying Rs. 500. Experts corect me if I am wrong.
You are 100% right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDGuy View Post
I have given it to Advaith Hyundai today. The guy gave me a long list totalling upto 16K (Also included was a passenger door scratch repair). I almost had a heart attack !!

ICICI lombard surveyor says that he can't give the scratch repair but will give the bumper (minus 50% of material plus full painting) and fog (minus 50%) (there will be 500 Rs deduction also for admin charges). So all in all I will end up paying 2K out of total 6-7K work. Not perfect but will take it.

Got a little pissed with ICICI not giving the scratch. I didn't see his logic - I mean I can always go again and claim the scratch anyway, can't I? (or do they not give any more claim in 1 year??). What difference does it make if all damages are from "same" incident? (except for the 500 bucks they will make again in 2nd claim). Well, if so, they just lost a customer !!
There are no rules that you can claim only once a year.

The scratch should not be payable because it must be not related to one accident that's what surveyor must have understood. It is compulsory to claim if you have a loss, because one loss at a time is only payable.
Old 5th January 2009, 10:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I am in Chennai now till 1st Jan. While on way from Banglore, hit a dog at 120K (followed the golden rule of NOT braking when faced with a stray dog) and ended up with a broken front bumper and a disappeared fog lamp (see pic below). (I was actually shocked to see bumper broken to such an extent by a dog hit)
a little OT here, what is the golden rule?
why cant we brake or try to swerve (of course, in total control limits) to try to save the dog?

also, dont misunderstand a dog's strength!!! 3 years back, our company's diesel lancer hit a dog at the same speed (he was overtaking a truck and the dog suddenly jumped in between, so he had no time to brake). the lance suffered from a broken bumper, headlight and damaged readiator.
Old 5th January 2009, 13:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
You are 100% right.

Well, as it turns out this is 100% Wrong. Followed up with ICICI Lombard Surveyor this morning again and he called after 30 mins saying that they will pay the scratch provided I fill up a 2nd Claim form, which I just went and did. So it was always just a matter of making 500/- bucks more for ICICI.

Anyway now I wait for the final bitter pill...I mean bill

To the poster above, someone once told me this so called "Golden Rule". I am not sure if its really true but it stuck to my mind. I think braking abruptly from 120K/hr in a small car like Santro with no ABS is surely a higher risk than the 2-3K I will end up paying for bumper repair?
Old 5th January 2009, 16:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, as it turns out this is 100% Wrong. Followed up with ICICI Lombard Surveyor this morning again and he called after 30 mins saying that they will pay the scratch provided I fill up a 2nd Claim form, which I just went and did. So it was always just a matter of making 500/- bucks more for ICICI.

Anyway now I wait for the final bitter pill...I mean bill

To the poster above, someone once told me this so called "Golden Rule". I am not sure if its really true but it stuck to my mind. I think braking abruptly from 120K/hr in a small car like Santro with no ABS is surely a higher risk than the 2-3K I will end up paying for bumper repair?
"LATER" you can not claim, you have to claim it before your car come's out of garage.

I think I was 100% right.

Once the car is out of garage then you can't claim the old damages. Please check with the insurance company.
Old 5th January 2009, 16:43   #27
BHPian

Aha...so what you are saying it is that one can accumulate all scratches, dents till a point and then claim all of them in 1 shot (If if u are able to convince the surveyor that it was all due to "one incident", then u lose just one 500/- , else one 500/- for every claim form) but if you don't do it that way then whatever scratches, dents are remaining in the car after the first claim can no longer be claimed?

Sounds logical but rather difficult to implement, doesn't it? who can keep tracks of all these minor scratches, dents?? How will a surveyor know 6 month down the line if a dent is new or was it there at the time of previous claim?
Old 5th January 2009, 17:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aha...so what you are saying it is that one can accumulate all scratches, dents till a point and then claim all of them in 1 shot (If if u are able to convince the surveyor that it was all due to "one incident", then u lose just one 500/- , else one 500/- for every claim form) but if you don't do it that way then whatever scratches, dents are remaining in the car after the first claim can no longer be claimed?

Sounds logical but rather difficult to implement, doesn't it? who can keep tracks of all these minor scratches, dents?? How will a surveyor know 6 month down the line if a dent is new or was it there at the time of previous claim?
I wonder how you understood this!!! you are right. Again 100%

Normally they take the photo's of the car which they are suppose to keep with them for seven year's minimum. So they will have everything with them in printing.
Old 6th January 2009, 00:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Aha...so what you are saying it is that one can accumulate all scratches, dents till a point and then claim all of them in 1 shot.
Wish that was possible. My WagonR, which was brand new till I drove it, is full of dents all across ever since my sister started driving it about a year ago (her track record is such). I am planning to get it repainted completely later but I doubt I will be able to claim even a penny from Insurance because the whole car will need paint due to multiple dents due to multiple impacts.

Pls educate me on this.
Old 6th January 2009, 08:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Wish that was possible. My WagonR, which was brand new till I drove it, is full of dents all across ever since my sister started driving it about a year ago (her track record is such). I am planning to get it repainted completely later but I doubt I will be able to claim even a penny from Insurance because the whole car will need paint due to multiple dents due to multiple impacts.

Pls educate me on this.
Can you post some photo's of your car?? (All four side's)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks