Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 10:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hari, Have sent you PM, thanks for the details shared here, its very useful.
Old 8th May 2009, 16:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

I don't know why the rules are not standard all over India. In Goa you can't take the vehicle out of the showroom without permanent registration. Temp registration is only for the dealer to drive the vehicles from the stockyard to the showroom. Registration is simple. The vehicles are inspected at the dealer itself by the RTO inspector. He inspects the whole lot and signs the form. Why you buy, the dealer will collect the documents from you and make you fill and sign the required forms, put it in order in a file and give it to you. Now you can
-Go to the RTO with the file, pay the fees, tax etc and register the vehicle yourself.
-Ask an agent to do it for you
-Ask the dealer to register the vehicle at the dealerships online registration facility. (Rs.1000/-Charges)
Old 29th October 2009, 17:14   #33
mkh
Senior - BHPian

RTO- Bangalore

Anyone has experience of registering vehicle on own in Bangalore?
I told the dealer i will not pay up that 5500 rs they ask. He smiled and said- sir let us also earn
One dealer agreed to waive it but he is not giving discounts so going with the other dealer who is not waiving this off
He told me he will give temp registration number for Rs 1000
I called up RTO and said whats the process- they said come here,we will do it
I saw online about the documents needed, there is only 1 problem
My wife does not have address proof on her name. We are giving my proof and proof of relationship to get temp number.
Now when dealer is taking this, will RTO also accept?
Can someone who did this in bangalore guide me?
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:33   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
I told the dealer i will not pay up that 5500 rs they ask. He smiled and said- sir let us also earn
One dealer agreed to waive it but he is not giving discounts so going with the other dealer who is not waiving this off
My wife does not have address proof on her name. We are giving my proof and proof of relationship to get temp number.
Hi mkh,

Why dont you go and ask the Bangalore RTO directly.Different RTO's have different norms wrt to Address proofs.

-hdi
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:43   #35
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, I have done it by myself. Dealer has provided temp registration (paid Rs. 1000). Went to Hosa road RTO with DD and then it was relatively easy. Only trouble was with inspection, had to wait for some time. Of course, you plan half a day for that. I am not sure about address proof part. I believe if you go there and ask they will provide the information. (I encourage everybody to take some time and do it yourself rather than bribing government babus. My 0.0002 cents for a good governance )
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:56   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Also it shd not be driven in 3 digits ie shd not cross 100KM.
What about the case in which a car is brought from another state on temp regn ? Is there a limit on that too?
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Permanant Regn has to be done within 7 days from the date of Temporary registration. This is the rule here in kerala.
Thanks
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:22   #38
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Registration by Own in Bangalore

MODS: Please let me know if this needs a new thread. This is most imp for many folks like me and i do not want this valuable info to get lost as its under the wrong thread. Kindly help me getting the most value from this painstakingly compiled information. If required- i can put this on a new thread" Registering a vehicle on own- BANGALORE"
Thanks

Hi Folks
I went ahead and opted for a registration on my OWN in Bangalore. I was not at all interested in paying the charge to the dealer.
Its really sad at how we are paying for our own ignorance and promoting bribe etc.
Please use this to go ahead and opt for your own registration.
Some imp points
1. If you are paying full amount, its easier, else you need to get some more docs from finance co which i am not sure about
2.For a temporary reg the dealer will say 1000 rs- HE IS CHEATING YOU. Its only about 300 rs Fee- ASK HIM- for what is the rest of the money? Damn i did not ask and saw later...Crooks!!!

STEPS:
Tell the dealer you will be doing it yourself and he is supposed to give you the following
1. Sale Certificate
2. Tax Invoice- Original
3. Form 20
4.Temporary Registration Number
5. Road Worthiness Certificate( PUC-Original)
Kindly visit the following location to see ALL DOCUMENTS NEEDED:
http://rto.kar.nic.in/- RTO Services- New Vehicle Registration
You need to get the following ON YOUR OWN
1. Address Proof( see what all docs qualify)
2. PAN CARD Copy
3. Three Photos
4. Form 14
Now you are ready to go:( ALL THIS REFERS TO INDIRANAGAR RTO)

1. Fill up all the forms beforehand at home. Clearly see what all you need to fill and where to sign

2. Ensure you have all the documents from the dealer. Make copies of all documents you have got

3. Take a paper file and arrange the documents in the following order
  • Form 14
  • Follow up with the order given in the website
4. Get the amount of DD for Road Tax from the dealer. Ideally its 12.3% of the invoice( not the RETAIL invoice but the TAX Invoice) The DD should be in favour of RTO BANGALORE. Make it ahead and carry it with you

5. Now here is a tricky part. The file needs to be examined by the officer sitting inside and to reach him you got to enter from the back side or get the file to him. We were first not allowed but then my wife knows Kannada and seeing the lady we were allowed.
While we were figuring this out, we saw the Hyundai guy coolly walk in and give his bunch of files to the same guy.( power of money!) When we told him to give our file- he was like- do it yourself( and obviously not said but cause you did not pay me...)

6. Once the officer sees the file, he will just sign a few things( he was nice to arrange the papers for us- nice guy) and then you can pay the DD and get tax paid challan. I think you can pay it before also, not sure of this but most probably and then attach the challan copy in the file.
You also have to pay the fee (Rs 400) for the reg+smart card.

7. Now you need to go to ROOM 7 and find Mr venkatesh( the inspector)

8. Get your vehicle down in front and he will come and see it

9. Below the seat there is the chassis no- you need to make a pencil print on the form which he will tell you( do not rem but its Form 21 i think).Its a PAIN to do this and mind you the files that come from the Dealer- NONE OF THIS IS DONE(physical inspection etc etc)
I would suggest- do it BEFORE HAND only- just check what form you need to get it on.

10. Go to the inspector in Room 6 now- he will see it and sign it

11. Go back to Mr Venkatesh in Room 7- give the file to him

12. He will again sign)( oh no not again!) on the pencil print and you need to go back to Room 8 to the original person( the nice guy who helped us). He is a bald buy who we referred to as Taklu uncle -dunno his name

13. He will tell you to come back after 2-3 days, you carry one copy of tax paid receipt with you and walk away
This will not take more than 2 hours if you do in the morning. We went at 1:00 and completed by 3:30. We went late because of the idiot dealer who forgot to give us the original tax invoice and sent it to us late.

What we learnt
1. None asked for bribe- we were expecting it but since they get more than they want in the form of 100's of registrations where people pay 4-5K per car to the dealer and they all get a cut from it. This was evident cause the hyundai rep who came with the files was clearly unwilling to help and unhappy that we were doing on our own( and taking some of his money away which is right fully ours anways)
2. You need to be patient
3. You NEED TO KNOW KANNADDA and talk to them- else probs
4. Need to arrange all papers properly and in the paper file
5. Carry glue stick,pencil and pen
6. Carry 400 rs at least and DD before hand(dealer can tell how much Road Tax)
7. Avoid lunch time
8. Keep saying thanks- people feel happy and cooperate more
9. Do not expect the lady in Room 8 who collects money to be nice, she is FRUSTRATED!!!!( young girl with specs)

I am waiting for the Smart Card- which will come tomorrow most probably
But here is my message folks
STOP Paying for something you need not and is expected from you
The ONLY reason we pay is that physical inspection is not done if we go with the dealer- imagine if the RTO folks have to inspect 100 vehicles daily!!!( which is their job but the systems r sooo messed up)

We are paying UNNECCESSARY MONEY TO PROMOTE BAD PRACTICES.
Please refer this and PM me- and STOP PAYING THE CROOKS( Dealers, Corrupt RTO people)

PS:If you do not have a local address proof, or do not have the time to do this as you are too busy, or are just plain and simple lazy or have too much money to give away and feel that the folks are underpaid and need help- no option, Pay up then.
mkh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:45   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Permanant Regn has to be done within 7 days from the date of Temporary registration. This is the rule here in kerala.
Thanks
No, what I meant to ask was whether there is a limit to the no. of KMs driven in case of a vehicle which is bought from one state & then driven on a temporary registration from that state to another state to get the permanent registration done there.
Old 4th November 2009, 19:54   #40
BHPian

I did registration on my own
thanks to hdi_pro,i just read this thread and got courage to do registration on my own.

I searched this thread immediately after my registration to post my experience,but couldn't find.
MKH gave a very detailed information and my experience was almost same.

Here's me experience
Took my i20 Magna on 2 September 09, talwar Hyundai ,Hyderabad.
Here we can have permanent registration by one month.I got my invoice and other forms required for registration on third week.since i have taken loan from hdfc,i was told to take stamp of bank on one form(i don't remember the form number).
Hyundai Salesperson gave one broker number and he suggested to make registration on my own.Broker said the charges would be 2000.Actual fee was just 400.So i have decided to try myself.

There was one problem,i got changed to new apartment recently,so i had address proof problem.But luckily i saw that Hyderabad RTO also accepts bank statement.So i took my citi bank statement .

Reached around 12 PM . There was one police sitting in open area,i asked him where to apply for registration.He gave the direction ,i went and stood in line.I got my turn ,i gave my documents without even arranging properly. He arranged it himself and kept aside. Many brokers were coming and keeping their files. I didn't get my turn to pay fee for half an hour, i was just standing aside silently. The person who was collecting fees saw me and asked my name and took the file and asked me to pay 400 rs + 25 speed post charges.
I paid it and came outside for my vehicle inspection.

Person whom i asked for direction earlier was the vehicle inspector . He was so kind
Taking the pencil print of chasis number was so pain. I didn't do it properly,inspector has asked some broker who was standing aside to take it properly. I was asked to write my address and told that will get by one week.

I haven't got my RC even after one week,I went back to RTO and asked him the status.He told to wait for one more week,but i asked him can i know my number if allotted.He checked my fee receipt ant told my permanent number.I also got my speed post tracking number.Later i went to post office to find the status. I got the number of my local post man and he came the very next day and delivered it to me.

Actually postman came the very next day after i applied for registration.since there was no one in home,he gave his number to watch man. But watchmen forgot to inform me . I asked every day to him whether i got any post,but he said no. I scolded him a lot and warned him not to do this next time

Finally i got my RC by paying 425 instead of 2000 quoted by broker
Reddy@Hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2009, 23:28   #41
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MODS: Please let me know if this needs a new thread. This is most imp for many folks like me and i do not want this valuable info to get lost as its under the wrong thread. Kindly help me getting the most value from this painstakingly compiled information. If required- i can put this on a new thread" Registering a vehicle on own- BANGALORE"
Thanks

Hi Folks
I went ahead and opted for a registration on my OWN in Bangalore. I was not at all interested in paying the charge to the dealer.
Its really sad at how we are paying for our own ignorance and promoting bribe etc.
Please use this to go ahead and opt for your own registration.
Some imp points
1. If you are paying full amount, its easier, else you need to get some more docs from finance co which i am not sure about
2.For a temporary reg the dealer will say 1000 rs- HE IS CHEATING YOU. Its only about 300 rs Fee- ASK HIM- for what is the rest of the money? Damn i did not ask and saw later...Crooks!!!

STEPS:
Tell the dealer you will be doing it yourself and he is supposed to give you the following
1. Sale Certificate
2. Tax Invoice- Original
3. Form 20
4.Temporary Registration Number
5. Road Worthiness Certificate( PUC-Original)
Kindly visit the following location to see ALL DOCUMENTS NEEDED:
http://rto.kar.nic.in/- RTO Services- New Vehicle Registration
You need to get the following ON YOUR OWN
1. Address Proof( see what all docs qualify)
2. PAN CARD Copy
3. Three Photos
4. Form 14
Now you are ready to go:( ALL THIS REFERS TO INDIRANAGAR RTO)

1. Fill up all the forms beforehand at home. Clearly see what all you need to fill and where to sign

2. Ensure you have all the documents from the dealer. Make copies of all documents you have got

3. Take a paper file and arrange the documents in the following order
  • Form 14
  • Follow up with the order given in the website
4. Get the amount of DD for Road Tax from the dealer. Ideally its 12.3% of the invoice( not the RETAIL invoice but the TAX Invoice) The DD should be in favour of RTO BANGALORE. Make it ahead and carry it with you

5. Now here is a tricky part. The file needs to be examined by the officer sitting inside and to reach him you got to enter from the back side or get the file to him. We were first not allowed but then my wife knows Kannada and seeing the lady we were allowed.
While we were figuring this out, we saw the Hyundai guy coolly walk in and give his bunch of files to the same guy.( power of money!) When we told him to give our file- he was like- do it yourself( and obviously not said but cause you did not pay me...)

6. Once the officer sees the file, he will just sign a few things( he was nice to arrange the papers for us- nice guy) and then you can pay the DD and get tax paid challan. I think you can pay it before also, not sure of this but most probably and then attach the challan copy in the file.
You also have to pay the fee (Rs 400) for the reg+smart card.

7. Now you need to go to ROOM 7 and find Mr venkatesh( the inspector)

8. Get your vehicle down in front and he will come and see it

9. Below the seat there is the chassis no- you need to make a pencil print on the form which he will tell you( do not rem but its Form 21 i think).Its a PAIN to do this and mind you the files that come from the Dealer- NONE OF THIS IS DONE(physical inspection etc etc)
I would suggest- do it BEFORE HAND only- just check what form you need to get it on.

10. Go to the inspector in Room 6 now- he will see it and sign it

11. Go back to Mr Venkatesh in Room 7- give the file to him

12. He will again sign)( oh no not again!) on the pencil print and you need to go back to Room 8 to the original person( the nice guy who helped us). He is a bald buy who we referred to as Taklu uncle -dunno his name

13. He will tell you to come back after 2-3 days, you carry one copy of tax paid receipt with you and walk away
This will not take more than 2 hours if you do in the morning. We went at 1:00 and completed by 3:30. We went late because of the idiot dealer who forgot to give us the original tax invoice and sent it to us late.

What we learnt
1. None asked for bribe- we were expecting it but since they get more than they want in the form of 100's of registrations where people pay 4-5K per car to the dealer and they all get a cut from it. This was evident cause the hyundai rep who came with the files was clearly unwilling to help and unhappy that we were doing on our own( and taking some of his money away which is right fully ours anways)
2. You need to be patient
3. You NEED TO KNOW KANNADDA and talk to them- else probs
4. Need to arrange all papers properly and in the paper file
5. Carry glue stick,pencil and pen
6. Carry 400 rs at least and DD before hand(dealer can tell how much Road Tax)
7. Avoid lunch time
8. Keep saying thanks- people feel happy and cooperate more
9. Do not expect the lady in Room 8 who collects money to be nice, she is FRUSTRATED!!!!( young girl with specs)

I am waiting for the Smart Card- which will come tomorrow most probably
But here is my message folks
STOP Paying for something you need not and is expected from you
The ONLY reason we pay is that physical inspection is not done if we go with the dealer- imagine if the RTO folks have to inspect 100 vehicles daily!!!( which is their job but the systems r sooo messed up)

We are paying UNNECCESSARY MONEY TO PROMOTE BAD PRACTICES.
Please refer this and PM me- and STOP PAYING THE CROOKS( Dealers, Corrupt RTO people)

PS:If you do not have a local address proof, or do not have the time to do this as you are too busy, or are just plain and simple lazy or have too much money to give away and feel that the folks are underpaid and need help- no option, Pay up then.
Today we got the smart card- IT FEELS GREAT...I URGE ONE AND ALL- DO IT ON YOUR OWN AND STOP BAD PRACTICES...What did it take- 2 hours and little effort and we saved 5K and also did not promote a bad practice that's been going on for years..
Mods: Request again to help me get Max Visibility as i have taken a lot of effort and want MAX people to benefit. I would like to start a new thread for this as it was bangalore registration
Old 10th November 2009, 13:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy@Hyd View Post
I did registration on my own
thanks to hdi_pro,i just read this thread and got courage to do registration on my own.

I searched this thread immediately after my registration to post my experience,but couldn't find.
MKH gave a very detailed information and my experience was almost same.

Here's me experience
Took my i20 Magna on 2 September 09, talwar Hyundai ,Hyderabad.
Here we can have permanent registration by one month.I got my invoice and other forms required for registration on third week.since i have taken loan from hdfc,i was told to take stamp of bank on one form(i don't remember the form number).
Hyundai Salesperson gave one broker number and he suggested to make registration on my own.Broker said the charges would be 2000.Actual fee was just 400.So i have decided to try myself.

There was one problem,i got changed to new apartment recently,so i had address proof problem.But luckily i saw that Hyderabad RTO also accepts bank statement.So i took my citi bank statement .

Reached around 12 PM . There was one police sitting in open area,i asked him where to apply for registration.He gave the direction ,i went and stood in line.I got my turn ,i gave my documents without even arranging properly. He arranged it himself and kept aside. Many brokers were coming and keeping their files. I didn't get my turn to pay fee for half an hour, i was just standing aside silently. The person who was collecting fees saw me and asked my name and took the file and asked me to pay 400 rs + 25 speed post charges.
I paid it and came outside for my vehicle inspection.

Person whom i asked for direction earlier was the vehicle inspector . He was so kind
Taking the pencil print of chasis number was so pain. I didn't do it properly,inspector has asked some broker who was standing aside to take it properly. I was asked to write my address and told that will get by one week.

I haven't got my RC even after one week,I went back to RTO and asked him the status.He told to wait for one more week,but i asked him can i know my number if allotted.He checked my fee receipt ant told my permanent number.I also got my speed post tracking number.Later i went to post office to find the status. I got the number of my local post man and he came the very next day and delivered it to me.

Actually postman came the very next day after i applied for registration.since there was no one in home,he gave his number to watch man. But watchmen forgot to inform me . I asked every day to him whether i got any post,but he said no. I scolded him a lot and warned him not to do this next time

Finally i got my RC by paying 425 instead of 2000 quoted by broker
Reddy@Hyd,

Absolutely fantastic to see your post.Well done .My suggestion would be to Create a new thread "Registration of a new car without any broker(without paying bribe) in Bangalore" and post it .

Again fantastic work.

-hdi
Old 1st December 2009, 14:42   #43
BHPian

Removed my Hypothecation in my RC

Hi ,

Got the hypothecation removed from my RC today .It took me 1/2 day(for giving the file and other details) and 10min the next day for collecting the RC from the RTO office

Here is the procedure in Noida

a)What is required

-Form 34 : 2 copies(pref in Hindi and signed by both owner and financier)
-self signed affidavit that the loan has been cleared off(available in the shops opposite to the RTO
-Registration post cover(Rs 25) for sending the acknowledgment to the financier
-Original RC and xerox copy
-xerox copy of address proff

b) Procedure

-Go to Room 9 and go the guy who has a cap(he seems to be customer friendly).he will arrange it for you and sign it.
-After his sign go the Room 10 and get your file from the files room
-Take your application along with the file and go to room 9 and he will arrange the file(again) and ask you get it signed it from Room 4(A.R.T.0).
-Now after you get the signature you have to feed it into the system.This will be done by the guy in Room 9(person who sits in front of the computer)
-After the details are entered go to Room 4 and ask the guy sitting in front of the computer to approve the application
-Once the application is approved you can go the the cash counter pay the amount and get the receipt.
-Collect the new RC next day or whenever you are asked to.

c) Total Cost

Hypothecation Removal Fees : rs 100
Reg Post cover : Rs 25
affidavit ; Rs 80

Got the updated RC today.

Thanks
-hdi
Old 1st December 2009, 15:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hey, it is good to know that there are others like me! I too got my Fiesta registered by paying Rs 425---no bribes to anyone. Mody Ford was charging Rs 2500 for the same, but they were also throwing a number plate free for that price. The number plate was of the Rs 300 type.

When I showed my reluctance to get it done by the dealer, they gave me all the docs I needed to show the RTA, including the life tax receipt that was already paid---I am happy that I did not have to pay that amount on my own, unlike the Bangalore guy who posted above.

The RTA, Khairatabad is located only 2 kms from my flat, and I visited that place on a Saturday to have a look at how things go on. Having got the hang of things, I returned on Monday morning at 10 am sharp and was 3rd in the queue at the new registrations counter. Only hitch was that the clerk came 40 minutes late.

Having got the receipt, I walked to the tree under which the cops were registering new vehicles. I approached the seniormost cop and asked him in English on what needed to be done.

"Have you brought your vehicle, sir?', he asked me. I said 'yes please, it is that red car', pointing to my car. He said ' please bring it here', and I did it promptly.

'No tints'?, he asked me? I said 'no sir'. He said 'good, now please show me the VIN and scratch this paper on it'. I knew that was the toughest. Soon after I bent down near the driver's door to remove the foot mat, he instructed a broker to do it for me. Some guy did it in 1 minute and the cop examined the documents I had given him to match the number.
He asked 'are you interested in any particular number?' I said, 'no, any number is ok with me'. He heaved a sigh of releif and said 'ok go ahead sir, we will mail the card to you and you will get it in a week'.
I left soon after that and it was 1105 am---so the whole process took only 20 minutes, apart from the 40 minutes at the cash counter.
I did not get my card however in a week, so I visited the RTA once again on my way to office. I found that my card was not mailed becuase I had not paid Rs 25 towards postage charges (I'd paid only 400, as mentioned in the counter, and there was no mention anywhere of Rs 25). So I paid it and showed the receipt to the despatch section, and they said they'd post it the same day.
I got it after 2 days, and in the process I am very happy. I spent another 600 on a good quality number plate. I also got a number that totals up to 9, though I never even asked for it.

Last edited by vnabhi : 1st December 2009 at 15:19.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:34   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hey, it is good to know that there are others like me! I too got my Fiesta registered by paying Rs 425---no bribes to anyone. Mody Ford was charging Rs 2500 for the same, but they were also throwing a number plate free for that price. The number plate was of the Rs 300 type.

When I showed my reluctance to get it done by the dealer, they gave me all the docs I needed to show the RTA, including the life tax receipt that was already paid---I am happy that I did not have to pay that amount on my own, unlike the Bangalore guy who posted above.

The RTA, Khairatabad is located only 2 kms from my flat, and I visited that place on a Saturday to have a look at how things go on. Having got the hang of things, I returned on Monday morning at 10 am sharp and was 3rd in the queue at the new registrations counter. Only hitch was that the clerk came 40 minutes late.

Having got the receipt, I walked to the tree under which the cops were registering new vehicles. I approached the seniormost cop and asked him in English on what needed to be done.

"Have you brought your vehicle, sir?', he asked me. I said 'yes please, it is that red car', pointing to my car. He said ' please bring it here', and I did it promptly.

'No tints'?, he asked me? I said 'no sir'. He said 'good, now please show me the VIN and scratch this paper on it'. I knew that was the toughest. Soon after I bent down near the driver's door to remove the foot mat, he instructed a broker to do it for me. Some guy did it in 1 minute and the cop examined the documents I had given him to match the number.
He asked 'are you interested in any particular number?' I said, 'no, any number is ok with me'. He heaved a sigh of releif and said 'ok go ahead sir, we will mail the card to you and you will get it in a week'.
I left soon after that and it was 1105 am---so the whole process took only 20 minutes, apart from the 40 minutes at the cash counter.
I did not get my card however in a week, so I visited the RTA once again on my way to office. I found that my card was not mailed becuase I had not paid Rs 25 towards postage charges (I'd paid only 400, as mentioned in the counter, and there was no mention anywhere of Rs 25). So I paid it and showed the receipt to the despatch section, and they said they'd post it the same day.
I got it after 2 days, and in the process I am very happy. I spent another 600 on a good quality number plate. I also got a number that totals up to 9, though I never even asked for it.

well done vnabhi.Well if everyone who buys a new car does what we are doing(atleast tries) we can elimate the brokers and reduce corruption in RTO office.

-hdi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks