Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 09:12   #1
BHPian

Registration of a new car without any broker(without paying bribe) in Noida

Hello,

Planning to register the new car (I am going to buy) without any brokers in Noida(by myself)

So has anyone done this before "without the help of brokers" in Noida RTO.Is it practical or feasible.

I have my legal Rent agreement as address proof.

Suggestions are very welcome.

-hdi
Old 29th January 2009, 09:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Till date I have bought 10 vehicle's in Mumbai. Till now none of them are without broker.

All the best. you are doing a good job I must say.
Old 29th January 2009, 09:56   #3
BHPian

I have also purchased my car on "Legal Rent Agreement" and registered the agreement with registrar in mumbai. Then also I have shell out additional money for RTO. Without it agent refused to register my car.

Please check with RTO in noida whether they register a new car with address of rented premise.
Old 29th January 2009, 11:34   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdi_pro View Post
Hello,

Planning to register the new car (I am going to buy) without any brokers in Noida(by myself)

So has anyone done this before "without the help of brokers" in Noida RTO.Is it practical or feasible.

I have my legal Rent agreement as address proof.

Suggestions are very welcome.

-hdi
Which car you gonna buy buddy. I've bought 5-6 vehicles from Noida, in all cases the dealer handled the registration issues. And if you have valid documents, no need to pay even a paisa in bribes.

\N
ntomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2009, 15:30   #5
BHPian

Hi ntomer,

The car would be tata indica vista aura quadrajet.

the road tax would be 5% of the Ex show room price(23,600) and the dealer is quoting 27600.

i am pretty sure that registration charges could be rs 1000 extra from the road tax and rest is for the broker/dealer

do you have any idea as to who much you paid for your cars in noida.

it would be very useful for me if you can give the breakdown of the registration charges (only)

-hdi
Old 29th January 2009, 16:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi ntomer,

the road tax would be 5% of the Ex show room price(23,600) and the dealer is quoting 27600.

i am pretty sure that registration charges could be rs 1000 extra from the road tax and rest is for the broker/dealer

it would be very useful for me if you can give the breakdown of the registration charges (only)

-hdi
Cannot say how easy or difficult it can get to register yourself but to cut out the showroom, goto a small shop just next to the photocopy shop opposite to the RTO under the Bus shed. That guy handles most of the RTO work and will give you an end user price for the registration and the documents required.

As far as I remember along with the required forms, the vehicle also needs physical inspection from the RTO officer before he signs on the registration papers.
Old 29th January 2009, 16:22   #7
BHPian

Yes car need to be present at the spot as dadu pointed out. Also it shd not be driven in 3 digits ie shd not cross 100KM. It should not have any dents otherwise they will suspect that it met some accidents etc.You need to get papers from dealer about the engine number, chassis number etc
Old 29th January 2009, 16:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

I am sure it can be done, if you put your foot down & tell the dealer that you will not pay. Else ask him to give a receipt for this amount and go to consumer court. It is high time someone put an end to this.
Old 29th January 2009, 16:29   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ntomer,

-hdi
IIRC, the price sheet which the dealer gave me contained the break-up; and I didn't pay even a single paisa extra. And I was given receipts issued by Noida RTO for every penny paid. I have bought an Esteem, a Tata Indica and a Bajaj Avenger from Noida and the experience was same for all of them.

I have also bought a Getz, a Honda Avaiator and a HH Karizma from Noida but I got them registered in Ghaziabad. The Noida dealer handled all the formalities but I had to pay Rs. 300/- extra for this and I wasn't given any receipt for that either.

\N
Old 29th January 2009, 16:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

One address proof is must. Right?
Old 31st January 2009, 09:28   #11
BHPian

Spoke with "important official" in RTO office

He wanted the following proofs

a)Address proof Accepted : Passport/RationCard/LIC insurance policy(only LIC)
b)Affidavit from a notary public giving the current living address
c)company ID card

I have got a Insurance policy from LIC .So hopefully I think I have all the required documentation.

I am planning to talk to the dealer about the proof and as k him to do the registration without any cost to me .

Currently he is charging about 3000 for registration.

Suggestions/comments are welcome

-hdi
Old 31st January 2009, 11:49   #12
BANNED

hdi - while I admire your determination, the dealer is not allowed as per law to give delivery of un registered vehicles. So, the biggest trouble for you would be the dealer. ;-)

The vehicle will have to be taken physically to the RTO office for verification. (Even dealer has to do this). You will need a insurance policy before hand, and also pay taxes.

Have a loong, hard look at the motor vehicles act, the central rules, and also the Delhi rules. (UP rules, in case Noida is in UP - I am poor in geography).

Central MV Act and the rules can be found here:- Department of Road Transport & Highways

Google around for the UP / delhi rules. Dont even think of entering the RTO premises till yo have every fule and form by heart. (At least locate the form for a particular thing / issue).
Old 2nd February 2009, 09:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
hdi - while I admire your determination, the dealer is not allowed as per law to give delivery of un registered vehicles. So, the biggest trouble for you would be the dealer. ;-)
But unfortunately they are not too serious on this one because when I bought my Verna they had give the car to me without no. plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
The vehicle will have to be taken physically to the RTO office for verification. (Even dealer has to do this). You will need a insurance policy before hand, and also pay taxes.
Insurance will also not be a problem because cover not will be available easily to him.
Old 2nd February 2009, 09:36   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
But unfortunately they are not too serious on this one because when I bought my Verna they had give the car to me without no. plate.
The same happened with me, the dealer started the process to register the vehicle on the day of delivery, Since I insisted on delivery date car was delivered on schedule date without number plates. But they have given me receipts of Road tax, Octroi, Registration. Number came after 2 days.
Old 2nd February 2009, 09:57   #15
BANNED

@rjvora and @sabahmad - registration is different from number plates. I guess in both your cases, the vehicle was registered before delivery. Of course, getting the number, will take at least one day (knowing the work-flow in most govt. offices). And the number plate will take another one day at least. Of course, receipt for tax paid means the vehicle was registered.

In Kerala, they give you two things while paying tax - one a receipt proper; and another a "Round" - a rectangular piece of paler with a "round" in the middle. In past, you were supposed to fold the paper appropriaely, and display only the "round" part in front windshield. We used to get plastic display accessories for that. You get the receipt immediately, and the "round" is issued after the registration number is known. What is the procedure rearding tax payment proof in other states?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks