Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 15:27   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
Tanay, I had the same xperience with icici lombard they issued the policy 5mth after delivery of the car & numerous calls to the dealer. Still the policy was not delivered to my address but had to call the icici helpline and download the policy from the net. Still the original has not been delivered to my address. Lost hope.
Hey Sha09mel,

I am sorry to understand that you to are a victim of this. But on my probing further i have found out many revealing facts about the policy and the agents involved......
1. Please check the value of the car insured
2. Take quotes from atleast 3 different companies without giving the same details of your name & try to bargain (they are all connected)
3. Check if have security systems involved in your car with the approved ones by the insurance company as this will reduce the premium you pay.

And last for you not getting the policy if you get time go to the main office of the insurance division and demand the policy there and there. They will stamp and give it to you.

I have learnt a lesson the hard way but am now aware of the cheating these people do.

Hope this helps you....

Happy Motoring,
Tanay
Pace In Blood
Old 30th March 2009, 16:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
Tanay, I had the same xperience with icici lombard they issued the policy 5mth after delivery of the car & numerous calls to the dealer. Still the policy was not delivered to my address but had to call the icici helpline and download the policy from the net. Still the original has not been delivered to my address. Lost hope.
Policy in any electronic form is OK for claim's. (I am not saying that insurance company should not deliver the original policy)
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:03   #18
BHPian

Insurance Renewal time now

I have ICICI insurance policy for my Palio MJD,renewal time now please suggest who is the best insurance company with high IDV value and low premium with good claim settlement service.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Regards
Amar Prusty
Old 4th April 2009, 09:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
I have ICICI insurance policy for my Palio MJD,renewal time now please suggest who is the best insurance company with high IDV value and low premium with good claim settlement service.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Regards
Amar Prusty
Go to Bajaj they are good in claim settlement.
Old 13th April 2009, 22:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Go to Bajaj they are good in claim settlement.
I Second that
Bajaj has been good for me too
Old 24th April 2009, 14:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

though putting late, but just for the sake of some information here, I have oriental india insurance. The site is horrible, but claims are good, faster, hassle free. Renewal is also good, I get it done over the phone, send cheque by courier (same agent for past 3 yrs) and get the original by courier in 3 days.
Old 16th May 2009, 21:02   #22

Getting policy on time alone is not the only criteria in deciding the company. I agree, ICICI Lombard is bad in service. The real criteriais who can settle the claims faster & has got cashless facility. In my opinion claim settlement is not upto mark with govt companies, Reliance & ICICI. Tata AIG, Royal Sundaram are good in that.
Old 25th September 2015, 20:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cheating by ICICI Lombard

Folks - a note of warning (even thought this thread is 6 years old!):

Please check the amount charged on your credit card when you are buying online insurance. My total came to 3645 but I was charged 4304. There is no reason forthcoming.

This happened with ICICI Lombard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks