Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 17:40   #1
BHPian

Cheating by ICICI Lombard

I got the delivery of the Swift VDi ABS on the 24th of March 2008 and was registered on the 25th of March 2008.

But when I got my insurance renewal in February 2009 I was shocked to see that they that issued the policy on the 18th of February only......

They have insured a car which did not even exist at that time as the model manufacturing date is it self is sometime in Feb.....

On letting them know this they are telling it is my fault to have paid them in advance..... (Dealer Instruction) and they tell me this year after I renew it they will give my complete one year coverage this time round... what has happened has happened??????

How they insured a car without engine no and chassis no is a mystery which i would love being solved.....

Be careful with these guys.....
They also took a cheque of an different amount and the policy is off different amount???
Old 11th February 2009, 21:29   #2
BHPian

Few months ago I got an sms from them to pay x amount with the policy number etc.
I checked on the site and found that the policy covers some santro.
Point 1. I dont hv any ICICI insurance.
P2. I dont hv santro.

I am planning to lodge complaint with the RBI authorities that they are trying to make unsuspecting people pay for someone else's property.
Old 11th February 2009, 21:43   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscrive View Post
Few months ago I got an sms from them to pay x amount with the policy number etc.
P2. I dont hv santro.

I am planning to lodge complaint with the RBI authorities that they are trying to make unsuspecting people pay for someone else's property.
Arre yaar... agreed these guys do not have the best of ethics when it comes to their business practices (and we have too many people here who suffered) but still cut them some slack yaa.

In your case it is a simple case of good intentions gone wrong. They have a wrong cell number and hence the owner of the Santro who is covered by that policy did not receive the reminder and it landed up with you. Just ask them to rectify their records and remove your cell number from their records. They are definitely not trying to make you pay for someone else's car policy.
Old 11th February 2009, 21:50   #4
BHPian

IRDA for insurance complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscrive View Post
P2. I dont hv santro.

Hi Subscrive, you need to complain to the IRDA which regulates the insurance industry in India. The link is Welcome to IRDA

I say this as I have marketed insurance on B2C level and have dealt with the IRDA for my employee's certifications.

Cheers.

M M
Old 12th February 2009, 12:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace in Blood View Post
I got the delivery of the Swift VDi ABS on the 24th of March 2008 and was registered on the 25th of March 2008.

But when I got my insurance renewal in February 2009 I was shocked to see that they that issued the policy on the 18th of February only......

They have insured a car which did not even exist at that time as the model manufacturing date is it self is sometime in Feb.....

On letting them know this they are telling it is my fault to have paid them in advance..... (Dealer Instruction) and they tell me this year after I renew it they will give my complete one year coverage this time round... what has happened has happened??????

How they insured a car without engine no and chassis no is a mystery which i would love being solved.....

Be careful with these guys.....
They also took a cheque of an different amount and the policy is off different amount???
Why did you opt for ICICI. You should have gone with Maruti cashless insurance providers - either National or Royal Sundaram. Both these are really good. You can also get it renewed online when the first policy is about to expire.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Why did you opt for ICICI. You should have gone with Maruti cashless insurance providers - either National or Royal Sundaram. Both these are really good. You can also get it renewed online when the first policy is about to expire.
@PIB, advise switching now itself as suggested by DF.
Old 12th February 2009, 15:00   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
@PIB, advise switching now itself as suggested by DF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Dear Bhpians,

Thank you for your concern,
But ICICI also has chashless with them.....
And I have not opted for it the dealer and the financer both suggested as I am banking with ICICI and even the loan is from ICICI it would be better to go with them as paper work would be less. (got caught over here)

But now I have opted out of these policies and have gone over to BAJAJ Allianz for which i have very good experiance in both issuing and claiming.

Thanks once again
Tanay
Pace in Blood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2009, 15:20   #8
Team-BHP Support

It looks like a regular practice from their side.

Read more here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...assed-law.html

And here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uck-again.html
Old 12th February 2009, 16:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Frankly speaking, I don't think so that insurance company will be able to help you on this issue. They normally have a very good relationship with the dealer.

Sirji I am not saying that it is your mistake but if you would have checked the dates when you had a cover note or insurance policy at that time it would be an easy task but now....

Still you can do this: -

1. Tell your dealer it's basically his mistake.
2. Don't hurry-up in transferring your insurance policy to other company.
Old 14th February 2009, 14:29   #10
BHPian

Dear Vora,

They did not give me a policy copy till the time of renewal. I kept on asking and to my bad luck i was posted in bangalore after buying the car for 10 months in bangalore and even i gave up.

I have lost the battle here i understand, but was just warning others of what these people are capable of doing.....

Drive Safely,
Tanay
Old 14th February 2009, 17:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

I think this might just be a case of simple mix up and not something that was done with an intent to cheat.

Having said that, I was with ICICI Lombard for just the first year, but moved out to Bajaj from the next. Why? Cashless with Maruti A.S.S and I kept reading bad experience with claims from ICICI. With Bajaj, have done 2~3 claims and all were a non-issue experience.
Old 16th February 2009, 10:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Vora,

They did not give me a policy copy till the time of renewal. I kept on asking and to my bad luck i was posted in bangalore after buying the car for 10 months in bangalore and even i gave up.

I have lost the battle here i understand, but was just warning others of what these people are capable of doing.....

Drive Safely,
Tanay
Insurance is a contract by both the party's. If one person (You) does not have the copy of the contract then they could be fined by IRDA.

What you or any one who does not have the insurance copy can do is Call the toll free no. of your insurance company and they will help you getting the insurance copy.
Old 25th February 2009, 00:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Insurance also has an Ombudsman. Write to them/IRDA. All these complaints and logged and the company has to report back and file the result/outcome in every single case , within a stipulated time frame.
Old 25th February 2009, 08:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Insurance also has an Ombudsman. Write to them/IRDA. All these complaints and logged and the company has to report back and file the result/outcome in every single case , within a stipulated time frame.
But the sad part is IRDA is very slow in replying to query's.
Old 25th March 2009, 19:33   #15
BHPian

Tanay, I had the same xperience with icici lombard they issued the policy 5mth after delivery of the car & numerous calls to the dealer. Still the policy was not delivered to my address but had to call the icici helpline and download the policy from the net. Still the original has not been delivered to my address. Lost hope.

Quote:
Dear Vora,

Drive Safely,
Tanay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks