Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2009, 01:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyoban View Post
You are absolutely right, but since the vehicle is not registered in my name yet, do you think that I can come out of this without losing any money?
By my reckoning, you should be able to get a refund. You are cancelling due to his attempts to fleece you and double charge you, which can be termed as 'deficiencies in service'.

That said, even if you do not - look at it as a down-payment against future losses and for peace of mind. This guy will probably try to cheat you out of several more tens of thousands.

You are cance
Cheers,
Old 3rd March 2009, 12:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

dude, i say drop the car and write a mail to GM explaining the whole ordeal. If sales is this bad, i shudder to think of service.

if things go well, GM authorities should take some step to correct this.
Old 4th March 2009, 21:54   #18
BHPian

Update: I went to the showroom today and told the sales rep that I was coming, when I reached there he was gone, and someone else was sent to deal with me.

Now apparently, I had reached the showroom just before closing time and all the papers were under lock and key, so none of my docs could be show to me. Well anyway I asked for the prices for Jan when i made the booking and the current prices, the difference is of 2300 rupees.

So even if I do go according to their "rules" I should be paying them 2300 extra and not 6k as they are charging me.

And I think I know where this extra amount is coming from, they have added something called a WEP charge for 4k which is for someone who does not live in maharashtra(their logic is since my house is registered in my mom's name). Something they had not declared at all when I was booking the car.

I am going back to them again, to see what they have to say regarding this.
Old 5th March 2009, 22:30   #19
BHPian

Pre Delivery Inspection for a Spark from A Crooked Dealership: Need Suggesgtions

Hi guys,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ns-please.html

If you just go through the above thread you'll get a gist of what i'm dealing with here.

Well anyway now that I have found out that the price of the car has increased by 2300 I asked them how they arrived at the 6k extra that they were charging me, seems that they had inserted 2k extra in the stamp duty amount(as against what the bank had actually charged me) and had added some stupid Without address proof charge(Although the house is registered in my Mom's name and she is a co applicant in the loan), also a 500 rupees somewhere which was some affidavit(something they couldn't provide me the receipt for) which they obviously thought I would overlook. I caught that and they were dumbfounded.

1.So now here's what I have done, I have taken the RTO papers from them, and have told them that I will go and check the car in broad daylight and then if it's upto my satisfaction I will give them the RTO papers so that they can get it registered.

2. I have told them that they were going to give me in writing what they promised they were going to give me free which are the matting,mudflap steering cover etc, front two speakers and tefllon coating.

So tomorrow I am going to inspect the car. So where i need help is:

1. What are the things that i should be inspecting when I go and see the car before registration tomorrow.
2. If they do claim that they have given me a Teflon coating how would I know that by looking at the car?
3. Should I bring the car back home with the temp plates and not leave the car in their showroom?
4. Where would I find the no. of free services information?
5. What documents should they be giving me?

Really really appreciate a quick response from all you BHPians.

Thanks.
Old 5th March 2009, 23:53   #20
BHPian

Hi priyoban,

Refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

Not sure how long it takes to get the car registered in mumbai, but atleast for me PDI, RTO papers signature and actual delivery happened on the same day.

As a special precautionary measure, you may want to take the delivery of the car in daylight.

Anyway I am guessing, if the dealer really wants to extract that 6k from you he will probably do it by replacing some or the other part from your car.

You can certainly avoid this by taking the car after temp reg. It just adds to the hassle, but will give you peace of mind.

All the best!

Regards,
Old 11th March 2009, 16:38   #21
BHPian

Adv. EMI

I would request all to pls keep the following in mind while taking car loans.

1. Have you availed an advance EMI scheme or not?
eg: if you take 3 years loan , you will give the bank 35 PDC's (post dated cheq) and not 36 no's (12months x 3yrs)

2. If its adv. EMI scheme you have to pay 1 installment at the dealership along with your DP (down payment)
eg: car value = 5 lacs
loan availed = 3 lacs for 3 yrs
EMI = 9900 per month for 36 months
so your DP will be Rs.209900/- (5 lac - 3lac + Rs.9900/-) and to the bank you will give 35 cheques.

The bank will pay the dealer Rs.290100/- (3 lac - Rs.9900/-) only.

There could be service & other charges also
; you need to keep a check on this before signing the agreement. else no use.

the above is normal . . .

This is a way to show low interest rates & in actual you are paying more than that shown to you by the executive
Old 12th March 2009, 10:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest never opt for an advance EMI.
In my case ICICI asked me to pay an emi in advance. I explained the bank DSA clearly why i should not pay an advance emi where in i have not used the loan amount. So you will be paying an emi without using the loan amount.
This is how these bank guys are cheating these days especially icici, citi and HDFC bank.
Old 12th March 2009, 12:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

About EMIs

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
In my case ICICI asked me to pay an emi in advance. I explained the bank DSA clearly why i should not pay an advance emi where in i have not used the loan amount. So you will be paying an emi without using the loan amount.
This is how these bank guys are cheating these days especially icici, citi and HDFC bank.
+1 to that. If there is an advance EMI, the loan amount is actually reduced by that amount, so you are paying interest (and charges) on a higher amount than you actually receive. Incidentally it helps to remember that in the first half of the tenure (repayment period) most of the EMI is towards interest and not towards capital.

If you are shopping around for loans it helps to look at the EMI per lakh and not at any interest figures (whether flat or diminishing balance) that are quoted. I have found that for the same tenure some banks calculate the EMI in such a way that you end up paying more for the same quoted interest rate.

Cheers,
Old 12th March 2009, 13:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
i should not pay an advance emi where in i have not used the loan amount. So you will be paying an emi without using the loan amount.

This not the way advance EMI works.

First EMI is 100% principle and no interest in case of advance EMI.

You will get amortization schedule on loan disbursal. That will show interest and principal portion of each EMI.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th March 2009 at 15:08. Reason: Tags removed.
Old 30th December 2010, 11:23   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nikhil Automobiles (Chevrolet Dealer) cheating me : Need suggestions please

Email received from a Neha Parashar. Keep an eye on the registration charges, guys:

Quote:
Hi All

I had booked a chevrolet spark ps on 12th dec 2010 through sales executive Mr. jayesh, Nikhil Automobiles, Navi Mumbai. On the booking day I was informed that the RTO registration charges and car insurance amount is Rs. 41,000. The said amount was paid in the next couple of days and I was called for delivery of the car on 25th dec 2010.

On the delivery day, they showed me receipts for RTO registration and car insurance worth Rs. 30,000 which was Rs. 11,000 lesser than the amount I had paid. On enquiring about the receipts,the sales executive Mr. jayesh informed us that these receipts cannot be given to customers. On further insistance, he revealed that the money was spent to bribe officials in RTO office and hence the receipts cannot be procurred. Then he further mentioned that the amount was deducted as service charges for getting the registration and insurance done. These service charges included fuel charges, driver charges, smart card, Bribe money and toll charges. He mentioned that there is a toll in Panvel for which they had to pay. In reality, there is no toll in Panvel.
These extra charges were never mentioned in any of the papers and neither verbally before delivery. And as per the sales executive it was Chevrolets policy to hide this information from customers.

We went ahead and spoke to the team leader Mr Amanat regarding the same and he too covered up saying that the receipts for 11,000 Rs cannot be given. He was not ready to disclose the facts of expenditure saying it was against the company policy and this extra amount can never be documented. He later reffered the matter to ASM Mr. Pritam Patkar.

Mr Patkar said that receipts are never given to customers and neither, the elloborate break up for the service charges for registration and insurance. I issued them a letter of protest stating the facts but he refused to sign. We also asked him, that if he could mention in writing that he cannot disclose the price details, then also we were fine with this. He mentioned that he was not the authorised person to sign and referred the accountant Mr. J.P as the person responsible.

He did not know much about these charges and could not give any explanation and on top of all this, was denying responsibilty for the same. I insisted on meeting Mr J.P but he gave me illogical and wierd excuses saying that he is busy and cannot meet us.
Finally after spending 5 hrs trying to clear the chaos, I had to give up. I have not taken delivery of the car. Mr Patkar challenged us to take the matter to the consumer court.
I am highly shocked with all the Employees behaviour. They are spoiling Chevrolet's image badly. Initially, I used to think of Chevrolet as a good brand and a brand which takes care of their customers. But notihng seems to be true.

I'm really looking forward for some support from you. I cannot take this unethical and immoral behaviour from Nikhil Automobiles/Chevrolet.

Thanks in advance,
Neha Parashar
Old 30th December 2010, 11:42   #26
BHPian

I pity these buyers plight.
when they work so hard and save every penny to realise their dreams of owning a new vehicle, look at what they are subjected to.

all this fuss for what ? some extra bucks?. There should be some governance on these dealers and why dont the OEMs fix up standard prices for each city and declare it in their brochures so that the customers are not taken for ride like this.

I fear to purchase any new car after reading all this.
I surely would not be able to tolerate this kind of treatment and also my temper.
Old 30th December 2010, 12:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

I think we should add these steps to "Buying a new car" checklist on forum.

Steps like:
1. Get a breakdown of OTR cost from dealer before final payment
2. From this breakdown, shop around for better Insurance deal
3. Shop around for better deal on RTO + Tax

That would mean significant savings for consumer.
Old 30th December 2010, 13:28   #28
NFS
BHPian

This should be very simple.

First of all keep cool and ask for the following documents.
1. Price at the time of booking and price increase documents from Chevrolet
2. Ask the bank to provide what was paid to the Dealer (they can provide a copy of the DD)
3. Ask the dealer to write clearly on a white paper, what charges you need to pay.

Say here is an example:

Cost of the Car: 300,000
Registration charges (some paper work and bribes): 1,000
Life Tax to be paid (a % of the invoice value, say 10%):30,000
Insurance cost (you will get a receipt): 9,000
Other accessories:
a) mud flap: 900
b) sun film: 3000
c) warranty extension: 3100
d) seat covers: 3000
-------------------------------
Total: 10,000

Payable final: 350,000 (hope my sum is correct)

Payments made (by you or on your behalf)

Loan Amount approved by the bank: (% of the invoice, say 90%): 270,000
Your down payment: 350,000 - 270,000 = 80,000

No other payments to be made. Make all Bank related payments to the Bank not to the dealer.

Please please, do read all the documents that you sign.

Advance EMI is another loan plan to show reduced interest on loans. Check what you signed for.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks